• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Water Veil Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Spirit stared at her, took in her obvious confusion. "Mewtwo. Just Mewtwo? No other clones?" A different world. It was just a different world, wasn't it? She looked back down the path, ears flattening against her head again; May wasn't slowing down.

"I... I'm sorry," she said, in human, turning back to the Mightyena and her trainer. "My trainer isn't feeling well." She bowed her head. "It was good to meet you. I hope we can have that battle, later."

And with that, she bounded after May, anxious to catch up.

<><><><><>​

Day 2

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
With her head so full and with absolutely no desire to keep interrogating, Odette decided it would be in her best interest to go for her jog. She'd initially had no plan to do any form of working out today, but few things cleared her head better than a good run. She couldn't exactly borrow the battle arena for an impromptu dance practice at this hour, so a run was the best bet.

She was glad she'd opted to bring a pair of shorts along, because fuck was it hot. She'd actually stripped herself down to her sports bra and laced her jacket around her waist instead. It was good nobody was around; layering a track jacket on top of a compression sleeve was already an excruciating fashion choice in island weather, and sweating herself out with a run didn't help that one bit. Plus, her shoulder scars needed to breathe too, lest her doctors come for her about it again.

"How are you doing back there, scumbag?"

Odile Bat.PNG
Odile was strapped unceremoniously to the top of Odette's backpack. Normally she'd have fucking hated being stuck there, but she had no will to fly.

"̵H̴n̵n̶n̵n̸g̸g̸g̵g̸g̶h̴h̴h̸h̶h̷.̴"̵

Odette Neutral.PNG
"Again, I can put you back in the ball if that's better."

Odile Bat.PNG
Somehow, that sounded worse. The idea of not being able to physically cling to Odette right now made her feel like she might collapse inward on herself.

"̵H̴n̵n̶n̵n̸g̸g̸g̵g̸g̶h̴h̴h̸h̶h̷.̴"̵

Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette just exhaled. She kept it controlled so she didn't lose her momentum. "Sure thing. You got it."

Enora Neutral Frown.PNG
Enora effortlessly kept up with Odette, staying at a speed that allowed her to linger at her side. She'd occasionally sneak glances at Odile, becoming progressively more perplexed with each following look. Seeing her so beside herself was weird. Not unheard of, but really weird.

She had so many questions, but assuming she was only going to get mere grunts in response, she felt it best to just focus on her breathing and pace.

Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette eventually slowed to a stop somewhere down the cove, allowing her head to hang to give herself a break. As she breathed, she allowed herself to look around, taking in the cove's shimmering sand, and the waves that lapped at the shore. It almost looked inviting enough for a swim. Almost.

As her heart rate slowed, her brain traveled back to the events of the morning. All the evidence, all the talking, all the levels of fucked up it was.

She furrowed her brow upon remembering the text she'd sent Laura. She hadn't gotten a response, which wasn't a big deal. However, she hadn't seen her anywhere all morning.

A very minute sense of dread creeped up her spine and threatened to give way into her stomach as she pulled out her phone. Would it even be worth it to text her again? Chances are she didn't even get the first message. Or maybe she did and she just didn't want to respond? Or maybe she did and wanted to respond and couldn't because she's also gone missing? Also, wasn't double texting somebody you just met bad?

"I hate communication," she grumbled as she unlocked her phone and pulled up their messaging thread.

Hey, hope this isn't creepy. Just making sure you didn't go missing too. Shit's fucking weird out here. Lmk.

Straight, to the point, and no red tape. Blunt was sometimes best; she learned that from Clovis. She had to have heard that scream and at least had an inkling of an idea that something was wrong. Which meant this was okay. A friend looking out for a friend, right? She guessed they were friends, or at least acquaintances that decided to keep each other in the know. That was pretty friendly. And for all she knew, they weren't even going through.

She sent the message before she would allow it to give her a headache. [[ @unrepentantAuthor]]

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura's morning began with a fight. Not a battle, that would've been tooo much fun. No, she got in a fight with her ace pokémon. Both of them.

"Youu don't trust Sleet, or sssomethin'?" the inteleon rasped. "I swearrr to fuckin' gods they fffuckin' killed someone, bitch."

<The lizard is correct. It is unsafe here. Command me to tear apart the facilities here in search of the perpetrator. I am sworn to protect you.>

"Let me leave my fucking room, goddamnit. I'm not gonna start freaking out 'cause someone was ejected back to their home dimension for being a little shit. You're overreacting."

<Fool of a girl, I cannot permit you to risk your own safety.>

"Youu should jusst listen to Sleeeet, fffuck you."

And so it went.

Eventually, Laura noticed her phone was buzzing again. Better check it...

Hey! It's Odette. From yesterday. Somebody's gone missing, but my Sylveon partner found some psychic residual all over the place. Gonna go look around some more. Did you catch anything weird last night?
Hey, hope this isn't creepy. Just making sure you didn't go missing too. Shit's fucking weird out here. Lmk.

Laura brandished her phone at her pokémon.

"See? Shit's going on and I'm not a part of it. IF you're such hot shit, protect me out in the field. Let me out the goddamn door. I will recall you."

Malachai and Sleet exchanged a resentful glance, and allowed her to pass through the door of her room. She fumbled out a quick reply as she stormed down to the lobby.

hey odette im just arguign w/ my fuckin dragon qhere are you now ill be rhere in 10m

By the time she'd mounted up on Malachai outside the hotel, she'd received a reply from Odette. Water Veil Cove. Lovely.

She was there a little over ten minutes later.

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel was still feeling melancholy after their encounter at the cafe. Gladion hoped the water's edge would help her feel better. She'd always liked Brooklet Hill, after all.

Naturally, though, the beach was... not currently a relaxing location, per se. He went looking for another place, and found what looked like a nice cove.

Hazel's attention, however had been turned towards the sky. Towards a particularly large and familiar dragon. She squeezed her eyes shut and thought as loudly as she could.

Malachai! It is me, Hazel! I am seeing you up there! Hello!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
<Hello there, Hazel,> replied Malachai, in dry, bassy telepathy. <No need to shout.>

He landed with such a strong a wingbeat to arrest his descent that a long stretch of loose sand was flung up and about to be scattered by the wind, and promptly lowered his neck to the beach to let Laura step down from his shoulders. He growled a greeting to Gladion. It sounded like a grumble. Perhaps it was gracious.

"Uh, hi there!" called Laura, fixing her hair and patting all her pockets in case something fell loose. "Gladion, right? I'm here to meet Odette, apparently there's some wild shit going on? Know anything much that I don't?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
<Oh sorry,> Hazel thought, <I was not knowing if telepathy was getting quieter from far like voices.>

“Huh, haven’t met Odette yet. But yeah, you missed all the fun. A kid got nicked, I had the misfortune of being the first to the scene, I’d I’ve had entirely enough of people for one day.”

He paused for a moment to reconsider. “No, I’ve had enough of extroverts for one day, which I guess isn’t really news. But there’s a lot of wannabe detectiving going on.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura hugged one arm to her side and let her face fall into a dry grimace. She didn't think she counted as 'extrovert' or 'wannabe detective' and maybe that meant Gladion would tolerate having her around? Guessing social norms was fucking exhausting. Fuck it, if she made a faux pas, it wasn't like she'd see him again after this misadventure.

"Missing kid, huh? This the boy with the scizor, or a different kid? 'Cause if different, we got a fucking trend here."

She waved awkwardly to the RKS Chimera nearby. "Hey, Hazel. [Good morning, sweetie.]"

Meanwhile, Malachai looked about the beach. Where was the Kalosienne and her homonculus...?

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Different kid. The little one with the Drampa. Plus there was one with a Xatu before the Scisor guy, while we were still on the boat. A Fucking Trend indeed. I've also turned up another genetic engineering involvee. Apparently the Hoopa or whatever made the guest list, so I guess they have a favourite sort of trainer."

Hazel cooed and waved back. [Hi Laura! It is nice to be seeing you again!]

Gladion nodded. "That it is. Was thinking of getting my phone on the network tonight, I was definitely wishing I had early today. Would you mind if I asked for your number? Won't misuse it, I swear."

[Should we be finding the person named Odette?]

Gladion cast his gaze towards Hazel, then back at Laura. It would probably be rude to let Hazel invite them to something they weren't a part of. "Or we can leave you to it, if you want. Sure she won't be too hard to find."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Three people? Howls. And yeah, if you've met another person with that link... I don't know what the fuck is going on, but it's something, and I don't fucking like it."

Laura shook out her shoulders and shuddered.

"Starting to think we should be sticking to small groups for safety's sake. Wouldn't mind your company looking for Odette, like Hazel says."

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and beckoned to Malachai to follow.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette had taken to sitting on the sand to cool off and rest her legs while she waited for Laura and her big buddy to show up. Give Enora a chance to primp herself, and give Odile a chance to do…whatever the fuck she was doing.

“Can you at least tell me what he said?” she asked, poking the limp tumbleweed with a piece of dried coral.

“̷H̴e̶ ̴w̶a̶s̶ ̵t̴a̶l̶k̵i̵n̴’̷ ̷m̷a̴d̶ ̷s̵h̷i̴t̶ ̷a̴b̵o̷u̶t̵ ̷y̸o̶u̸,̵”̷Odile groused into the fabric of the backpack.

Odette exchanged confused looks with Enora before poking the eldritch ‘mon again. “I’m sorry, he was what?”

“̴H̴E̶.̵ ̴W̸A̵S̸ ̶T̶A̷L̵K̷I̴N̷’̶.̸ ̵M̴A̴D̸.̷ ̸S̷H̶I̵T̸.̵ ̶A̴B̸O̸U̴T̸ ̶Y̷O̴U̴.̵”̸ Odile hissed.

Odette recoiled at the intensity of her voice and once again swapped looks with Enora. Brows knit, she scooted closer to Odile and leaned her head down closer to her.

“You wanna tell me what that—“

In the ver corner of her vision, she spotted Malachai, airborne, headed toward them. Still pretty far off, but he was pretty fucking big, so it was hard to miss. She started to wave, but he ended up going down before making it to them. The fuck?

“Come on. Let’s go see what that’s about,” she said, slipping her jacket on and reshouldering her backpack as Odile hissed again.

It wasn’t long before she found them. Laura and Malachai and…Gladion.

Her eyes jumped back and forth between them for a while, even occasionally landing on the Null. After she realized her silence had become awkward, she pressed her hand to her face.

“Fucking multiverses,” she grumbled. Shaking off her moment of shock, she waved at them.

“Hello,” she called. “Hope I’m not interrupting anything.” Enora cooed in agreement, all while Odile let out the groan that had become her staple in the past hour.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Starting to think we should be sticking to small groups for safety's sake. Wouldn't mind your company looking for Odette, like Hazel says."
Gladion nodded. "Might be worth checking if either of your partners can learn Pursuit, in case you need to break a Teleport. Hazel knows it, so I'm probably one of the safer ones here."

“Fucking multiverses,” she grumbled. Shaking off her moment of shock, she waved at them.

“Hello,” she called. “Hope I’m not interrupting anything.” Enora cooed in agreement, all while Odile let out the groan that had become her staple in the past hour.
He waved to the newcomer. "You're Odette? Hey. You're not interrupting anything, I was just bugging Laura."

Hazel was watching Odette carefully. [Are you alright?] she signed. After a moment, Gladion translated it for her.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura waved an awkward greeting. Bickering with her team for half an hour had put her behind everyone.

"Heya, Odette. You and your partner doing alright today...?"

Malachai snorted in what sounded like derision for Odile's current state.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Hazel was watching Odette carefully. [Are you alright?] she signed. After a moment, Gladion translated it for her.
Odette sighed tiredly and nodded. “I’m pechy,” she replied. “A little tired from my run, so pardon me.”

She couldn’t help but eye Gladion fondly. Gods, she wondered what all the idiots were up to right now. She’d have rather been there. “Sorry. You look like a really good friend of mine.”

“What do you mean ‘looks like’?” Enora chirped, almost frantically. “I was certain it was Gladion!”

Seriously, Odette had talked so much about parallels and different versions of a person through the multiverse, but seeing it in person? She was dumbfounded. It certainly wasn’t their Gladion, but he looked close.

Odette grit her teeth. “Yes, Enora. Remember my rant?” She shook her head and her expression became apologetic. “I’m sorry. I guess I should specify. You really look like a good friend of mine.” She pointed to her chest. “I’m Odette. And my partners, Enora and Odile.”

"Heya, Odette. You and your partner doing alright today...?"
Odette smiled. Wider than she normally did. “I’m alright. We’re,” she gestured between herself and Enora, “good. Odile on the other hand…somebody broke her. I don’t even know how else to put it.”

She stopped, then looked down at Enora. “By the way, meet my friends,” she said to the Sylveon. Really, was it okay to call them that? It was too late now. “This is Laura and her Noivern Malachai. We met at the lake.”

Enora stared up at Malachai, taking a beat to register just how large she was. It wasn’t polite to stare though, so she was quick to blink out of it.

“It’s wonderful to meet you both,” she said. “I apologize for missing the initial introduction. I was a tad indisposed.”

Malachai snorted in what sounded like derision for Odile's current state.
Odile narrowed her eyes at the giant bat. She fucked around and found out once with a human today, but she’d gladly do it again with a fellow bat motherfucker.

“I̶’̷l̷l̵ ̷f̵u̷c̸k̸ ̷y̵o̸u̴ ̷u̸p̷ ̶d̸u̸d̴e̷,̸”̸ she threatened.

“Not if I have a say in it,” Odette snapped, jostling the backpack. “I’ll put you in your ball real quick, don’t start. Now’s definitely not the time.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“Sorry. You look like a really good friend of mine.”
Odette grit her teeth. “Yes, Enora. Remember my rant?” She shook her head and her expression became apologetic. “I’m sorry. I guess I should specify. You really look like a good friend of mine.” She pointed to her chest. “I’m Odette. And my partners, Enora and Odile.”
Gladion narrowed his eyes at her. What kind of clarification was that? She's just added the word 'really' to the same sentence. It wasn't as if he was really an identical twin anymore, not in any sense but the purely genetic. He doubted Lillie herself would even recognize him. Maybe it was nothing? But if so, she certainly didn't seem to be acting like it was nothing. He was confused. "Okay...?"

[Hello! I am Hazel! This is my brother, Gladion!]

"Oh, yes," Gladion prepared to translate, "My name's Gladion. And this is Hazel. She was made in a project headed by my parents, so that makes us siblings of sorts." I feel weird saying that. But still, I don't want to stop Hazel from saying it. She'd probably be hurt if I excluded that part.

“I̶’̷l̷l̵ ̷f̵u̷c̸k̸ ̷y̵o̸u̴ ̷u̸p̷ ̶d̸u̸d̴e̷,̸”̸
Hazel tensed and took up defensive posture. Gladion took a step back in surprise. "What the- Don't tell me she's some sort of experiment, too."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Gladion narrowed his eyes at her. What kind of clarification was that? She's just added the word 'really' to the same sentence. It wasn't as if he was really an identical twin anymore, not in any sense but the purely genetic. He doubted Lillie herself would even recognize him. Maybe it was nothing? But if so, she certainly didn't seem to be acting like it was nothing. He was confused. "Okay...?"
She watched Gladion narrow his eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, as if that would hide her embarrassment. Really, how did you explain to somebody you just met that you actually know them in another life without it sounding creepy? She was doing pretty well on her “don’t scare anybody else” streak and she didn’t want to ruin it.

“Sorry. Still wasn’t much of a specification,” she said. “I’m not really sure how to uh…explain it without sounding kind of crazy. I don’t know how aware you are of the idea of multiverses and whatnot…”

If he was anything like her Gladion, he was at least aware of Ultra Space and wormholes, so perhaps she didn’t need to give him that much of a rundown. “But to keep things concise…I kind of know you already. In the world I come from.”

She began to scrape her foot against the sand. “Like, I don’t know you,” she corrected herself, pointing at him. “But I know a version of you. He looks very different. Doesn’t talk nearly as much. But his name is still Gladion.”
Oh, yes," Gladion prepared to translate, "My name's Gladion. And this is Hazel. She was made in a project headed by my parents, so that makes us siblings of sorts."
She nodded along with the greeting, offering Hazel a friendly nod as she was pointed out. “That’s a lovely name for a lovely ‘mon,” she complimented. Truthfully, the Null’s were quite charming looking no matter what world they came from.
What the- Don't tell me she's some sort of experiment, too."
She huffed and looked over toward her backpack where Odile was sitting. “No. No experiments here. She’s naturally occurring and naturally a big baby.”

“̶I̸.̷ ̷A̷m̸ ̴h̵a̷v̸i̴n̴g̸.̸ ̷A̶ ̷C̵R̵I̵.̷ ̵S̸I̴S̷.̸”̴ Odile said, sounding as if her teeth were clenched.

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel’s tail wagged. [Are you knowing a Hazel, too?]

“Hold on, that’s… There’s just… Wow, that’s fucking weird. Not your fault, but weird. I-”

Gladion shivered. How much does she know about me? This is bad…

Laura and the other Hazel had known things, too. Things that suggested there were more copies out there. More of him, of Hazel, of his father spread out, acting out their roles ad infinitum. “I… don’t want to think about this… S-Something else, please.”

Hazel moved over to lean gently against him. He scratched the bottom of her neck where it met the helmet. The routine was calming, in some way, but at the same time he couldn’t help but wonder how many others it belonged to.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura processed first the apparent truth that Odette knew her world's Gladion, which was a touch unnerving, and then Odette calling her 'friend'. Gosh. Already? That was a good thing, but howls, what if she fucked up now?

Malachai chuckled darkly at Odile's threat, and Laura headed up an altercation by bowing lightly to Enora. Like many 'mon on Kunolo Island, she hardly signed beyond the paralinguistic basics – body language, basically – but had incredible phonetics and empathic resonance. Laura could tell what she was saying even without having bonded with her. Did infinity energy just have properties like that in other worlds?

"Hi there, it's a pleasure," she said, smiling. "You're absolutely gorgeous, if you don't mind my saying it."

<Your being indisposed can be forgiven given your charming disposition,> replied Malachai, with uncharacteristic warmth in his mental tone.

Laura raised an eyebrow at that, but then got caught up in the discussion about Gladion's multiversal counterpart. Understandably, he wasn't doing so hot about it. Not at all.

"Sure," she interjected. "How about the situation on this weird fucking island? Gladion was just getting me caught up. We have three missing human-'mon pairs, right?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Hi there, it's a pleasure," she said, smiling. "You're absolutely gorgeous, if you don't mind my saying it."
<Your being indisposed can be forgiven given your charming disposition,> replied Malachai, with uncharacteristic warmth in his mental tone.
Enora Beaming.PNG
So polite! She liked these two already. Enora felt a little more at ease to know that there were some other well-mannered folks on this island, and that was much needed at a time like this.

"You're both too kind!" she replied.

“I… don’t want to think about this… S-Something else, please.”
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette nodded. Clearly am unrelated distressing topic during a distressing time wasn't the route to go here. She didn't blame him for being unnerved, and would gladly oblige a subject change.

"Sure," she interjected. "How about the situation on this weird fucking island? Gladion was just getting me caught up. We have three missing human-'mon pairs, right?"
She nodded. "Yeah. A Xatu and their trainer took off before we got here, then some bug type trainer named Franklin and his Scizor apparently "left" before breakfast yesterday morning. Now this Reena chick and her Drampa, and it's very apparent they didn't go willingly."

Enora Thinking Frown.PNG
"I picked up very faint traces of psychic energy at the scene," Enora said. "But there had clearly been some squabble with a fire type move as well. Nothing of that sort came through in my search."

Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette nodded along with Enora's explanation before pointing back at Odile. "And this gremlin managed to find out that another trainer saw something yellow, or perhaps gold fleeing the scene."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "I flagged down another girl, Blair, with a Hatterene and a shiny Grumpig to see if they might have seen anything." Her expression became pensive as she spoke. "But the Hatterene was giving me the hard stink eye, so I didn't stick around. It clearly had an issue with me trying to talk to it's trainer. Or it smelled Odile on me; I'm not sure. Hatterene are fucking weird. But I figured that was a little off in itself. However, now knowing that something yellow had been seen..." She shook her head. "Tons of yellowish psychic 'mon on the island right now, so my eye might be on the Grumpig. It didn't say too much, though. Actually seemed much friendlier."

She tongued the inside of her cheek as another thought occurred to her. "Of course, nothing ever said there couldn't be multiple Pokemon or trainers involved in this. 'Psychic' and 'yellow' just seem to be the biggest leads we have right now."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura blanched. "There are so goddamn many yellow psychics, though. Abra line, drowzee line, pacific raichu... if you include everything possible, it'll be a hell of a job to narrow down."

Malachai made a warbling growl of agreement. The island, or these events, were making him exceptionally vocal by his own standards, it seemed.

<I'm of the opinion that neither of you humans, nor your partners, are involved in these misdeeds. Let us combine our efforts. If each of us makes some investigation towards the truth, we can compare our findings and reach justice sooner.>

Laura shot him a look. "Weren't you advocating going all gung-ho and tear the place apart twenty minutes ago?"

Malachai glowered at her, and rumbled darkly. <Not at all. I was simply prioritising your safety, and now with these allies in our midst, a zealous approach is no longer the most suitable.>

"Uhuh. Sure."

If the prideful old bat wanted to be coy, then so be it. At least he was more cooperative than Sleet. Laura had no idea where she was...

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion nodded along. His head wasn’t fully in it, though. “Well, we know nobody on our ship could’ve been involved in the Xatu trainer’s disappearance, anyway. Also, weirdly, two of the boat one people have gone missing since we arrived, but none of us. That’s not enough of a sample size to say it cannot possibly be coincidental, but it’s definitely strange. It’s the only pattern we have between victims.”

Hazel poked Gladion to get his attention for translation before starting to sign. [Tearing the place apart is a metaphor for a good idea I am thinking. I am wanting to find the people. I am not thinking I am the only one who is wanting that, too. Then they could be telling us what was happening.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom