• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Water Veil Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"No. I have no idea why they're doing this, obviously. But they must need both pokemon and trainers for something, otherwise they would not take both." Alakazam's mental voice sounded impatient. "And I don't believe that where we're from means anything."
Sorry, I’m just going on tangents here. I thought it was worth considering. Still, hope you don’t mind if I ask you a favor. Think you’ll be able to find any weird energies in the forest?” Jack took out the Xatu feather he held for so long. Perhaps it was strange to think so, but he was starting to give it sentimental value. The Pokémon he never met… “I found this at that place, and every passing day, I get more worried about Kalo and that Xatu. I don’t know if you Psychic-types are good at detecting each other or latent energy, but I wanna make sure.” He gave a soft glare to Alakazam, but still tried to keep himself friendly. “If by tomorrow you don’t tell me what happened—it doesn’t matter if you find anything or don’t—, I might start having second guesses about you.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven was lost in thought as he headed up the path back toward the village. Everything that had happened this morning was jumbling around in his head. Hayes and Nosepass being there, the attack that happened, Mightyena and her trainer, gone. How had it all gone down? And how had Hayes's Block attempt gone awry? He was so deep in thought he almost ran right into two familiar faces, were it not for their less-than-quiet argument.
[Violet, it's okay, really!]

"No, it is not!" Violet protested as the Violet and Hazel headed towards the Cove's entrance, "If thine doth not rise at dawn, the daylight is lost and the evening comes too soon!"

Hazel put one hand on her head as she texted, [Violet... it's okay to sleep in from time to time. Healthy, even! Besides, we have electronic lights now. There are many people who work specifically night shifts. It's not as if we are farmers.]

"Hmph! You know not the... terrors... of..." Violet's voice began to trail as she bumped into a crowd of people and Pokémon, all looking on edge and interrogating one another. "...What in the gods is going on? Manaphy's domain was supposed to empty this morrow..."

Hazel looked around, trying to identify anyone familiar that could help get them up to speed.
shocked.png
"Oh, Violet, Hazel!" Steven jumped in surprise, narrowly sidestepping their collision course. "I'm sorry I didn't see you there."

hehe whoops.png
"I was, well, lost in my own thoughts as per usual. Unfortunately, there's a lot on my mind with what's happened this morning..." His expression quickly changed, though, as he relayed what had transpired.

angry straight ahead.png
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone's gone missing again, and this time it was someone from our group. Remember that Mightyena trainer from the caverns? He was the one targeted today."

worried.png
"There's no trace of him left."

-----
facepalm.png
Aggron sighed and shook his head. Leave it to his trainer to cause a new commotion at a place that already had a commotion. Though he paused for a moment, his expression brightening as he saw who it was they'd nearly run into.

neutral face.png
"Oh, it's you, Hazel," he said. "Good timing, I could use your help. You can talk to humans with your fancy phone, right? Well, I found something that they should know. Only the good people though, the safe ones from our boat. Can you help me with that?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone's gone missing again, and this time it was someone from our group. Remember that Mightyena trainer from the caverns? He was the one targeted today."

"There's no trace of him left."
Violet slowly blinked before she shook her head. "Hold on now, another kidnapping slipped under our noses?" She placed a hand on her forehead, "And... it was the Mightyena and her trainer...?!"

She gulped. "My personal grievances for the man were—that is, had I known that he would..." Her eyes looked away as guilt etched onto her face, "...I am sorry." She finished, closing her eyes and sighing. "...I suppose... we must investigate all that we can, for all of their sakes."

She looked back up at Steven, expression grim. "So then even we are not spared from such a fate, it seems. What can you tell me about the circumstances?"

Hazel's own eyes lowered as she clutched onto her phone. Mightyena had been such a sweetheart... and now she was gone...?!
"Oh, it's you, Hazel," he said. "Good timing, I could use your help. You can talk to humans with your fancy phone, right? Well, I found something that they should know. Only the good people though, the safe ones from our boat. Can you help me with that?"
Hazel's ear feathers rose in attention before she herself addressed Aggron. "Y-yes, I can." She blinked a few more times before processing the rest of his words. "Actually, more than you might think. I can forward the information to a set of contacts, and they should be able to do the same. Matter of fact, I believe a group chat might be of the essence here..."

She shook her head trying to stave off the swarming musings. "What info do you need me to relay?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Violet slowly blinked before she shook her head. "Hold on now, another kidnapping slipped under our noses?" She placed a hand on her forehead, "And... it was the Mightyena and her trainer...?!"

She gulped. "My personal grievances for the man were—that is, had I known that he would..." Her eyes looked away as guilt etched onto her face, "...I am sorry." She finished, closing her eyes and sighing. "...I suppose... we must investigate all that we can, for all of their sakes."

She looked back up at Steven, expression grim. "So then even we are not spared from such a fate, it seems. What can you tell me about the circumstances?"

Hazel's own eyes lowered as she clutched onto her phone. Mightyena had been such a sweetheart... and now she was gone...?!
worried.png
Steven shook his head. "It seems not. I'm afraid anyone can be considered a target at this point."

"We're trying to investigate, but the culprits had a different tactic this time that is making things difficult. Remember the trainer I was looking for yesterday, the one with the Nosepass? He was a witness to this attack, and he even tried to intervene, but the attackers used Flash to blind him and escape."

"There was a struggle, the Mightyena fought back just like Reena's Drampa, but it seems the culprits used a fighting type move to overpower her. The same psychic signature from Reena's disappearance was there as well... Other than that, we're kind of at a loss..."

"One of the security officers is here now for questioning, but I'm not sure how much they've been able to find."

Hazel's ear feathers rose in attention before she herself addressed Aggron. "Y-yes, I can." She blinked a few more times before processing the rest of his words. "Actually, more than you might think. I can forward the information to a set of contacts, and they should be able to do the same. Matter of fact, I believe a group chat might be of the essence here..."

She shook her head trying to stave off the swarming musings. "What info do you need me to relay?"
surprise.png
"A group chat! That's good!" Aggron knew about those. That flouncy water-type trainer was adding Steven's number to them all the time. Steven deleted them every time, but Aggron knew how powerful they could be. How many people could get the same information all at once. And if it wasn't junk messages, it could be really helpful!
thinking.png
"Can you tell the group I found something at the site of the attack. No footprints from the attacker again, but something else. Some kind of gray flakes that got chipped off something bigger. They were really small and fragile, I couldn't pick them up to see what they were. So something gray got broken when Mightyena fought back! At least, I think. We should all know what to look out for, though."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“We’ll if she’s anything like me… which is likely if she’s anything like you, hah… it’s entirely possible she just hid it until she felt comfortable letting it out.”
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette pressed her lips together, debating how she should respond to that. That sort of reaction simply ran in the family--or rather, this string of parallelism in the multiverse. If what happened two days ago, before they'd made up with Steven, was any obvious show of that.

Yeah, she'd really need to check on her partners.

“Sounds just as bad as having to choose between a boyfriend and one of your team,” she said with a sigh. “I’m glad you all work out together though. Considering this ‘festival of friendship’, I think any universe could use a little more love and shit. You’re all lucky to have each other. A little personal support group!”
Odette Bigger Smiles.PNG
Her grin became snarky. Maybe too snarky. "Yes. We're quite supportive of one another."

In more ways than one, she thought. She then pursed her lips, deciding that didn't need to be said out loud.

Gods I'm fucking depraved. I need to go home.

Now that she mentioned it… “I don’t know him personally, but I… do think I recognize him. Used to be some kind of gang leader, if I recall?”
"Mm, yeah. Team Skull. The little clique with a destruction fetish. I will say, he was a very good leader, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to bash all of their heads together at first. Dumbasses."

“Anyway, that’s really cool! I figured you were a competent battler, what with a legend on your team and all, but admittedly would not have thought you were, y’know, a champion. On the other hand… well, there are a lot of other champions around here. When we first got on the boat, I half wondered if I was the only non-champion to be invited! I’m not sure what the culprit’s motives are, but… none of the others, as far as we know, we’re champions either. Still, I get why you don’t really want to start shouting that to the entire island, either.”
Odette Deadpan.PNG
"Yeah, I'm not exactly the most intimidating looking person here," she grumbled. "I'd assume most people think I'm a kid before anything." And to think, she wouldn't doubt she was one of the oldest humans here. Nobody on the boat, besides that woman she'd met in the bar and shared a shot with, looked any older than 25.

"Small farsighted girl in a tracksuit doesn't exactly scream top trainer in a given region."

And by all means, I'm definitely not. It should have been Hau.

She ground her teeth together for a moment, warding off the thought. "If I'm being honest, I'd like to keep it that way. Nobody'll think anything of the tiny one. And it's a nice change from being hounded by cameras."

Meanwhile, Olivia had perked up upon hearing the word “champion”, and was now staring after Enora curiously with a cute little head tilt, eyes wide with awe. She is a champion?
Enora Neutral Grin.PNG
Enora had made her way back over to the two girls, deciding to leave Hayes and Nosepass to speak with Steven. She needn't be an extra face to stress him out more. At least now she could speak with Olivia.

"Yes! She is," Enora beamed. "Alola's first, no less. I'm very proud of her for it."

Enora Thinking Frown.PNG
"She doesn't give herself enough credit because the circumstances were so...uncalled for. But I believe she was deserving of the chance. She's strong in her own right, and I do hope the title helps her see that."

. “I only just realized a night or two ago that this island had a network I could connect to. Gods know how it can broadcast through the bloody multiverse though.” She shook her head slowly, as if trying to convince herself of something. “There’s a part of me that keeps wondering if maybe I’ve accidentally connected with his counterpart in this universe instead of my own…”
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette shook her head. "No, I don't think the multiverse works like that. My service gets through just fine, so I don't think it's that crazy of a concept."

She peered back toward the other trainers. Now she'd felt like they'd stayed long enough.

"What say we get out of here now? I'm getting annoyed standing around."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Steven shook his head. "It seems not. I'm afraid anyone can be considered a target at this point."

"We're trying to investigate, but the culprits had a different tactic this time that is making things difficult. Remember the trainer I was looking for yesterday, the one with the Nosepass? He was a witness to this attack, and he even tried to intervene, but the attackers used Flash to blind him and escape."

"There was a struggle, the Mightyena fought back just like Reena's Drampa, but it seems the culprits used a fighting type move to overpower her. The same psychic signature from Reena's disappearance was there as well... Other than that, we're kind of at a loss..."

"One of the security officers is here now for questioning, but I'm not sure how much they've been able to find."
Violet hummed in thought and she placed her hand under her chin. "This at least makes it unlikely that the Nosepass and their trainer are the culprit. Even if it were a setup, it would draw far too much attention to them as a yellow Pokémon. No, this is a crafty criminal we have on our hands." She turned to her Weavile, "Hazel, do you have this information noted?"

Hazel gave an affirmative grunt as she furiously typed Steven's findings.

Viole then looked back at Steven and said, "I will see what they know, assuming the constable is cooperative." She took a bow and said, "Thank thee for thine information, with all sincerity. May we continue to cross paths and resolve this matter sooner rather than later." She gave a smile, and beckoned for Hazel to come along. They had work to do.
"A group chat! That's good!" Aggron knew about those. That flouncy water-type trainer was adding Steven's number to them all the time. Steven deleted them every time, but Aggron knew how powerful they could be. How many people could get the same information all at once. And if it wasn't junk messages, it could be really helpful!

"Can you tell the group I found something at the site of the attack. No footprints from the attacker again, but something else. Some kind of gray flakes that got chipped off something bigger. They were really small and fragile, I couldn't pick them up to see what they were. So something gray got broken when Mightyena fought back! At least, I think. We should all know what to look out for, though."
Hazel nodded her head. "Right, I'll set one up with those I know and encourage them to do so. Gray flakes chipped off during the defense, and no footprints from the attacker."

She immediately begins typing and relays this information, alongside Steven's testimony to everyone she can. "Thank you both, seriously! These will be incredible leads!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Sorry, I’m just going on tangents here. I thought it was worth considering. Still, hope you don’t mind if I ask you a favor. Think you’ll be able to find any weird energies in the forest?” Jack took out the Xatu feather he held for so long. Perhaps it was strange to think so, but he was starting to give it sentimental value. The Pokémon he never met… “I found this at that place, and every passing day, I get more worried about Kalo and that Xatu. I don’t know if you Psychic-types are good at detecting each other or latent energy, but I wanna make sure.” He gave a soft glare to Alakazam, but still tried to keep himself friendly. “If by tomorrow you don’t tell me what happened—it doesn’t matter if you find anything or don’t—, I might start having second guesses about you.
"There wouldn't be anything there now," Alakazam replied simply. "It has been days since that boy and his Xatu vanished. And you may have all the second guesses you want. I have no need to justify myself to you."

And with that, Alakazam turned and levitated away to follow Noro to Officer Jenny.

"Let's get this over with," Noro said. Alakazam grunted in agreement.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Jack waved goodbye to Alakazam. “We’ll see how it all goes,” he muttered.

Behind him, Zack went and poked the Farfetch’d’s shoulder. “Yo, Jack-o.”

“Oh, hey, Zack?” Jack turned around, a bit startled by the Pidgeotto’s suddenness. “Got anything?”

“Yeah. Got bored.”

The Farfetch’d facepalmed in disbelief.

“Think we should hit the arena,” Zack said as he jabbed a thumb feather behind him. “Who knows? This baddy might be kinda OP for us as we are right now. I wanna reach my fabulous final form before we face him.”

“Not a bad idea, but we should go with Seb.” Jack grimaced as he looked up. “He’s the Trainer, after all.”

“Aw, dang, I almost forgot about ‘im.” Zack rubbed behind his head with a bit of worry. “He’ll be fine, right?”

“Hopefully.”

“Any chance we might find him where we’re goin’?”

“I don’t know… We’ll see how it goes.”

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Yeah, I'm not exactly the most intimidating looking person here," she grumbled. "I'd assume most people think I'm a kid before anything." And to think, she wouldn't doubt she was one of the oldest humans here. Nobody on the boat, besides that woman she'd met in the bar and shared a shot with, looked any older than 25.

"Small farsighted girl in a tracksuit doesn't exactly scream top trainer in a given region."

And by all means, I'm definitely not. It should have been Hau.

She ground her teeth together for a moment, warding off the thought. "If I'm being honest, I'd like to keep it that way. Nobody'll think anything of the tiny one. And it's a nice change from being hounded by cameras."

"You didn't look like a kid to me," Kimiko said, hoping to sound reassuring. "But then, maybe I just recognized that you've been through more than you let on? It's... kind of a look I've seen a dozen times, myself."

Then she shrugged, grinning again - no need to bring the mood down, and she felt somehow that she may have touched a nerve by mistake. "Either way, I think that gives you the edge, honestly. Let people underestimate you. Their mistake. Either way, your secret is safe with me. Promise."

Enora had made her way back over to the two girls, deciding to leave Hayes and Nosepass to speak with Steven. She needn't be an extra face to stress him out more. At least now she could speak with Olivia.

"Yes! She is," Enora beamed. "Alola's first, no less. I'm very proud of her for it."

"She doesn't give herself enough credit because the circumstances were so...uncalled for. But I believe she was deserving of the chance. She's strong in her own right, and I do hope the title helps her see that."

"That's so cool!" Olivia beamed. She met a celebrity and didn't even know it! She'd have to watch more closely and learn anything she could. "How could she not feel deserving? You must be really strong! You don't look like you like to play a lot. I bet it's fun being part of a champion's team!"

Odette shook her head. "No, I don't think the multiverse works like that. My service gets through just fine, so I don't think it's that crazy of a concept."

She peered back toward the other trainers. Now she'd felt like they'd stayed long enough.

"What say we get out of here now? I'm getting annoyed standing around."

"Well, you'd know better than me," Kimiko replied. "It's reassuring to know, though. Can't help but wonder how it works."

She looked around, seeing the crowd only growing, and sighed to herself. "Sounds good to me." She nodded down to Olivia and gestured for Odette to lead the way.

************​

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Well, excuuuse me, princess. He just wanted some info. Was it really that hard to ask?

He sighed, shaking his head. "Whatever." He was too tired to deal with this.

Making his way to Evie, he muttered, "Hey, Eves. I'm gonna get some sleep, you mind taking charge of things?"

Evie shook her head and leaned down, allowing him to climb onto her. "Sleep well," she said, receiving a 'thanks' in return.

Making sure he was secure, she glanced around before finding her intended target.

She trotted towards Xavian. "Hey, you're the host, right? Do you have a list of the mythical Pokémon and where they might be found?"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Xavian considered the question for a moment. "I'm afraid its a bit more complicated to find them than a list. I invited them, but they still operate by their own rules. But I can give you a list of the ones you can see! Clink tells me that they like to appear before trainers with a compassionate heart or a strong desire."

He took out a notebook and pen from his pocket and began jotting something down. A minute later, he handed her the list. "I hope that helps, Good luck!"

Manaphy
Marshadow
Shaymin
Victini
Cresselia
Latios
Latias
Jirachi
Celebi
Keldeo
Meloetta
Diance
Heatran

Last edited:

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Xavian considered the question for a moment. "I'm afraid its a bit more complicated to find them than a list. I invited them, but they still operate by their own rules. But I can give you a list of the ones you can see! Clink tells me that they like to appear before trainers with a compassionate heart or a strong desire."

He took out a notebook and pen from his pocket and began jotting something down. A minute later, he handed her the list. "I hope that helps, Good luck!"

Manaphy
Marshadow
Shaymin
Victini
Cresselia
Latios
Jirachi
Celebi
Keldeo
Meloetta
Diance
Heatran
Guess it's not gonna be that easy. Evie frowned, shaking her head. Having a list of them wasn't as helpful as knowing their exact location but she could make due with what she had.

"Your assistance has been greatly appreciated," she said, grabbing the list with her mouth before taking her leave.

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Xavian gazed off into the distance. "...No, I haven't. I am... I am I more sorry than I could ever say. I've been trying to find something. A connection. But there's nothing I've found. People from this world, trainers from others... the only pattern was of course they were all invited here in the first place. Clink even says the many of the mythical pokemon they invited are at a loss as well."

Hm, that was a shame. Still, they were gonna have to start putting together a picture of what people had been doing during the various disappearances anyway; just meant they'd need to ask for everyone's story about what they'd been up to before while they were at it.

Which, hm, by the way. "What were you doing around when these two latest disappearances happened, anyway? Like, was there anyone else around when we all heard the little girl scream the other day? Or right before we all showed up here? If you saw anyone around then—" or if they saw him, but Blue knew better than to word it that way "—then at least we'd know they're accounted for. Or what about Clink or, uh, Orzo? Were they with you, or did they see anyone else around?"

Honzo seemed to soften ever so slightly upon realizing that Charizard seemed earnest. "I do mean what I said earlier." This time the mental tone of his voice was slightly more refined and less brisk. "This feels orchestrated. As if the kidnapper wanted chaos. My theory is that whoever did this was deliberate. Planned." Honzo paused, considering his next thought. "For example... is it not odd that there are several golden or yellow furred pokemon here? As if the true perpetrator desires to hide among them...."

It was odd, hm. "But for someone to plan this, that means they'd have to know what was happening or who was coming ahead of time. And when Blue got his invitation, it didn't tell him very much, or say who else was invited. Wouldn't everyone else's invitation have been the same?" Wisps of smoke curled from Charizard's nostrils as he thought. "So either someone who helped plan this or choose the guests would need to be involved, or..."

Or what? If all of these yellow psychic pokémon showing up was actually a coincidence, somehow, then if someone had arrived intending to cause problems, that meant they'd want to be sure they could take advantage of any coincidences that might pop up, right? So a pokémon that could make itself blend in, maybe by changing? Like a ditto? The smoke issuing from his snout intensified a little. That... wouldn't be very easy to track down.

Maybe best to focus on the other angle first. "Other than you and your human and the host, is there anyone else who'd have known anything about who was coming before we all got here? What about the rare pokémon, or the humans and pokémon who already live in this world and didn't have to come through the... ring... things?"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hm, that was a shame. Still, they were gonna have to start putting together a picture of what people had been doing during the various disappearances anyway; just meant they'd need to ask for everyone's story about what they'd been up to before while they were at it.

Which, hm, by the way. "What were you doing around when these two latest disappearances happened, anyway? Like, was there anyone else around when we all heard the little girl scream the other day? Or right before we all showed up here? If you saw anyone around then—" or if they saw him, but Blue knew better than to word it that way "—then at least we'd know they're accounted for. Or what about Clink or, uh, Orzo? Were they with you, or did they see anyone else around?"

It was odd, hm. "But for someone to plan this, that means they'd have to know what was happening or who was coming ahead of time. And when Blue got his invitation, it didn't tell him very much, or say who else was invited. Wouldn't everyone else's invitation have been the same?" Wisps of smoke curled from Charizard's nostrils as he thought. "So either someone who helped plan this or choose the guests would need to be involved, or..."

Or what? If all of these yellow psychic pokémon showing up was actually a coincidence, somehow, then if someone had arrived intending to cause problems, that meant they'd want to be sure they could take advantage of any coincidences that might pop up, right? So a pokémon that could make itself blend in, maybe by changing? Like a ditto? The smoke issuing from his snout intensified a little. That... wouldn't be very easy to track down.

Maybe best to focus on the other angle first. "Other than you and your human and the host, is there anyone else who'd have known anything about who was coming before we all got here? What about the rare pokémon, or the humans and pokémon who already live in this world and didn't have to come through the... ring... things?"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

"I was by the main hall," Xavian answered easily. He seemed unbothered by the question, as if he had nothing to hide. "Clink and Orzo and I had just finished breakfast. I was leaving our dorms with Clink when I heard the scream." His tone grew more serious. "I contacted Officer Jenny and thats when I found out Reena was missing. And well-" he hung his head in genuine shame. "I am sure by now some of the other guests may have told you that Amara and I did not handle it well when the first disappearance happened. We set out searching the island immediately."

He tapped his hand on his chin. "And as for today I was by myself. Orzo was resting and Clink said they wished to try to speak to the mythical pokemon. I came here straight from the main hall. The last I spoke with my pokemon they are as clueless as I am, I'm afraid."

At the very least, Xavian seemed comfortably forthcoming, if extremely ashamed.

--

Honzo listened carefully, seemingly more at ease sensing Charizard wasn't going to attack or interrogate him too mch. He hummed in thought, swinging his pendulm and staring at it as he considered Charizard's words. "Well, as I understand, the mythical pokemon are all from this realm, invited by the Klefki. I had a fascinating dicussion with them once and they explained that mythical pokemon exist in a space between universes."

The pendulum stopped swinging and he paused. "It's like this. Every universe, or at least universes, have their own guardians. Legendaries or mythical pokemon usually. But they don't all exist on the same... plane?" Honzo hummed again, as if unsatisfied with his explanation. "Klefki told me there are gaps. Little spaces sort of 'in-between' the fabric of the world, and those realms are where mythical pokemon reside. And these realms can be accessed with its keys. it's all rather... strange, honestly. But intellectually fascinating nonethless."

He quirked his eyes slightly. "But to say it simply, the mythical pokemon were always here, they did not come through the rings. And as far as I am aware, unless they found out somehow, I'm not sure how anyone could know the guest list. Unless they somehow spied on Xavian? Although that seems unlikely? I'm not sure."

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"I was by the main hall," Xavian answered easily. He seemed unbothered by the question, as if he had nothing to hide. "Clink and Orzo and I had just finished breakfast. I was leaving our dorms with Clink when I heard the scream." His tone grew more serious. "I contacted Officer Jenny and thats when I found out Reena was missing. And well-" he hung his head in genuine shame. "I am sure by now some of the other guests may have told you that Amara and I did not handle it well when the first disappearance happened. We set out searching the island immediately."

He tapped his hand on his chin. "And as for today I was by myself. Orzo was resting and Clink said they wished to try to speak to the mythical pokemon. I came here straight from the main hall. The last I spoke with my pokemon they are as clueless as I am, I'm afraid."

At the very least, Xavian seemed comfortably forthcoming, if extremely ashamed.

Blue made a mental note that Xanthan couldn't technically account for the klefki or the hoopa today, but either way the guy sounded sincere and apologetic enough. Disappointing, honestly; Blue could've used the excuse to yell and blow off a little steam, but the raw shame radiating off this guy made the thought feel like he'd just be kicking a puppy.

"Yeah, not gonna pretend I'm super enthused about the initial response, but... I guess it's good you're trying to keep on top of things now," he admitted. "Still, if anything does occur to you later, especially about the guests who are familiar with this world, maybe let us or the officers know, yeah? Anything at all." God, what a weak ending; this hadn't gone the way he'd hoped at all. (He wasn't entirely sure what he had been hoping for, but whatever it was it'd been a hell of a lot less anticlimactic than this.) But what was he supposed to do, grab the sad puppy by his ankles and shake answers he didn't have out of him?

No, he thought as he turned to leave and go find Charizard. They were just gonna have to grill everyone else until someone gave them something interesting. Including, at some point, that hoopa.

Honzo listened carefully, seemingly more at ease sensing Charizard wasn't going to attack or interrogate him too mch. He hummed in thought, swinging his pendulm and staring at it as he considered Charizard's words. "Well, as I understand, the mythical pokemon are all from this realm, invited by the Klefki. I had a fascinating dicussion with them once and they explained that mythical pokemon exist in a space between universes."

The pendulum stopped swinging and he paused. "It's like this. Every universe, or at least universes, have their own guardians. Legendaries or mythical pokemon usually. But they don't all exist on the same... plane?" Honzo hummed again, as if unsatisfied with his explanation. "Klefki told me there are gaps. Little spaces sort of 'in-between' the fabric of the world, and those realms are where mythical pokemon reside. And these realms can be accessed with its keys. it's all rather... strange, honestly. But intellectually fascinating nonethless."

He quirked his eyes slightly. "But to say it simply, the mythical pokemon were always here, they did not come through the rings. And as far as I am aware, unless they found out somehow, I'm not sure how anyone could know the guest list. Unless they somehow spied on Xavian? Although that seems unlikely? I'm not sure."

It was nice that the hypno had lightened up, although the "keys and spaces" bit was threatening to lose Charizard even faster than the whole twos of people thing. Why couldn't problems on this island ever just be normal? Team Rocket hadn't been messing with evil twins and mythical gaps, just good old-fashioned theft and violence. Which, okay, wasn't exactly great, but at least it made sense. You can find stolen things, and stop people from hurting other people. What were they supposed to do with spaces between the world? Where did they even start?

"That's good to know, at least," he said as Honzo finished. "I guess maybe it's worth looking into whether anybody was really interested in what you guys were doing on that first night..." That wouldn't help with the possibility of it having been planned beforehand, but it might corroborate something, maybe?

For now, though, it was probably best to focus on accounting for what had actually, verifiably happened: people had gone missing, so someone had to have taken them. Figure out who was supposed to be where, and then who wasn't actually there, and then they'd be onto something. Chances were he wasn't going to get any more out of the hypno at the moment; the "causing confusion" theory being his idea didn't exactly absolve him of scrutiny, but investigating elsewhere was fair enough, and Charizard didn't fancy his chances trying to bully information out of a psychic this defensive.

"Thanks for the talk," he said. "I appreciate you offering your thoughts. Be careful." It could mean 'don't get hurt'; it could mean 'don't do anything that'll make me come find you'. Honzo could decide for himself how to take it.

Before turning to go find Blue, he took one last glance at Honzo's pendulum, now that it'd fallen still enough to see clearly. The hypno himself seemed to be fine; if he'd been involved in a recent scuffle at all, he'd cleaned up pretty damn well. But maybe there'd be a hint of marks or damage on the little silver disk? He didn't know how hypno pendulums worked, exactly, but Alakazam had always taken time to polish her spoons after they'd been messed up in battle; maybe, if he hadn't had time, or if there'd been any extensive damage, it'd still be noticeable?

[[ @Flyg0n , sorry for the wait! The quick peek at the pendulum should be the last thing from me. I'll burn a Foresight if it would be absolutely necessary to tell anything definitive. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Thanks for the talk," he said. "I appreciate you offering your thoughts. Be careful." It could mean 'don't get hurt'; it could mean 'don't do anything that'll make me come find you'. Honzo could decide for himself how to take it.
Honzo simpled nodded in reply, its expression unreadable.

Before turning to go find Blue, he took one last glance at Honzo's pendulum, now that it'd fallen still enough to see clearly. The hypno himself seemed to be fine; if he'd been involved in a recent scuffle at all, he'd cleaned up pretty damn well. But maybe there'd be a hint of marks or damage on the little silver disk? He didn't know how hypno pendulums worked, exactly, but Alakazam had always taken time to polish her spoons after they'd been messed up in battle; maybe, if he hadn't had time, or if there'd been any extensive damage, it'd still be noticeable?

[[ @Flyg0n , sorry for the wait! The quick peek at the pendulum should be the last thing from me. I'll burn a Foresight if it would be absolutely necessary to tell anything definitive. ]]

Charizard inspected the amulet!

By all appearances, Honzo's amulet seemed freshly polished and meticulously mantained. It shone a bright silver in the sunlight, and whatever metal it was made from, seemed quite durable. There were no visible signs of damage on it.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
For a time, the only sound that could be heard was the rythmic crashing of the waves against the shore. Perhaps the ebb and flow would soothe his uneasy mind...

Watching the water, one could marvel at its beauty. The soft blues close to the shore, the rainbow of light cast by sea glass and iridescent shells. The way it deepened, first from greens to rich blues to a dark, all encompassing blue, not omnious, but peaceful, comforting. The ocean was ceaseless, unchanging, yet malleable all the same. It could chip away at rocks for years or wrap around to form this little slice of harmony in this cove. Sand, sea, sky. Bliss.

"Wallace..." a soft voice echoed from the water. In the ripples of the waves, a silhouette became visible. A figure melted from the waves and manifested before Wallace's eyes. "Why do you apologize?" concern and sympathy echoed in their gentle tone.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Manaphy listened, their expression unreadable, though they appeared both sympathetic and confused.

"You cannot be perfect," they said finally. "And you cannot punish yourself for having mere thoughts. Even I have had cruel thoughts, and I have traveled the seas many of your lifetimes." They reached out and pressed a flipper to Wallace's chest, over their heart. A sense of peace and comfort would fill Wallace's heart for a moment. "Hurting yourself for mistakes won't help you. You must accept that you made a mistake and learn."

They withdrew their flipper to peer into Wallace's eyes. "I am sorry. I should have been more cautious with those I used my powers on."

As they continued, their voice grew serious, lovingly firm, the way a kind parent would be. "You're not a monster Wallace, you're human. And part of that means trying to do good. And it seems to me you are on your way to that. Gen admires you. Don't try to be perfect for him, just love him, and treat yourself right. That is a far more valuable thing for a child to see than perfection."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“Manafí… I have one last request.” He swallowed. He wasn’t sure if this was proper speaking-to-a-god form, but hey, how many people had ever met a god?

“May I have a hug? It doesn’t have to be anything special, just… a hug.”

Manaphy didn't reply vocally, instead they floated forwards and wrapped their flippers gently around Wallce's neck. Their body, cool to the touch, was soothing. Like gentle waves lapping on a shore or a perfectly polished stone. No words were spoken in that moment, but a sensation was shared. Yes, there might be tough times ahead, but there would be good as well. Love. There was hope, if Wallace could allow himself that. And that he was strong, strong enough to endure. To persist.

Like the ocean.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Manaphy took it careuflly in her flippers and smiled. "It has been some time since a human has given me a gift like this! Thank you, I will treasure it. And just because you are one doesn't make you any less important."

She paused and seemed to consider something for a moment. "You and Victoria. Have faith in each other, even when you are not in this world. Your bonds have power you know. And be careful, please."

Day 6: Seeing through the Haze-l

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
One of the constables went missing, the host's Pokémon were poisoned, and another pair was taken from them. Moreover, as Steven's nightly excursion proved, they were equally as probable of targets as any other. Time was not on their side, and they couldn't afford to waste a single moment of it lollygagging.

Which why is when Hazel had asked Violet if they could meet with Manaphy again, all she was met with a judgmental brow raise. They had already tried swapping before and it failed, what further insight could they provide? If anything, they were better off looking for that Jirachi or Celebi to see if they could use their powers to provide a better perspective, or stopping the ordeal altogether.

Her glare was met with beady, cat-like teary eyes as Hazel clasped her claws together, pleading. They challenged one another for what felt like a full minute before Hazel let out a soft cry, much like a kitten asking for attention. Violet's eyes moved away in defeat. Placing her fingers on her forehead and letting out a sigh, the trainer asked, "Okay, what did you want to talk to Manaphy about then?"

[Another swap. I... want to talk to the other Hazel again, face-to-face. I have some burning questions about what happened last time.]

Violet felt compelled to object on principle, but paused as she opened her mouth. Her eyes squinted as she thought about her own experience — that strange sense of déjà vu and those memories that she gained that contradicted everything she knew to be what she had experienced since her departure from her time period. The second "life" that she somehow had yet did not have... one that only came about when she had swapped with Hazel.

Clicking her tongue, Violet nodded her head and agreed. "Alright... let us embark, then. But please do not dawdle; ask what you must, and then we shall investigate immediately after, agreed?"

Hazel nodded her head excitedly before putting her mouth in an "o" shape and nodding a bit more calmly. She moved to her phone as she texted Gladion. They had planned for it two days ago, but then there was that whole meetup, wasn't there? She needed to make sure he was still on board with the idea.

The pair walked over to the cove as Violet cleared her throat. "Oh, Prince of the Sea..." she began, placing a fist in front of her chest as she went down on one knee in honor, "We beseech thee: we seek thine wisdom and thine strength." Her voice projected throughout despite being at a lower pitch than usual. Her tone held a well-rehearsed reverence — one that she had gained more than enough practice for when giving praise to the King of Bountiful Harvests in her time period. "May we offer our own insight and gratitude as recompense for this request, so that thou may grace us with thine presence, oh mythical one?"

@Flyg0n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom