• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Water Veil Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
She sighed to herself. "I'm not off the topic of multiple culprits. Especially considering..."

She turned her gaze onto the scrawny trainer and the Nosepass. "Odile told me that the Roserade trainer only said she saw something yellow. Or gold. No shape, no nothing. Who's to say it is a yellow psychic type

“Oh. I’ve been focusing really hard on the ‘yellow psychic’ thing I guess I forgot it wasn’t really confirmed.” That was a very good point, actually. Kimiko couldn’t recall if she’d seen the kid with any other Pokémon… but it seemed someone else knew him pretty well, as Steven Stone stormed onto the scene, his aggron hot on his heels, and made a beeline straight for Hayes. Well, best let Steven handle that problem, then.
She turned back toward Kimiko. Before long, she smirked.

"Huh. We might actually be parallels. Celebi was my plan B."

She went back and forth with it as she tried to fall asleep. She figured it'd be best to run it by somebody who wasn't a fucking idiot or shady, at least to get it out in the open. "Celebi's time abilities could very well be helpful, but Manaphy was blocked from the body swap. Who's to say Celebi couldn't be blocked from using their time abilities? Or have them manipulated to show something different? Manaphy isn't all-powerful and was able to be intercepted, so I'm sure Celebi would be in the same vein. Jirachi too, of course. But...a wish is a wish. Would anybody be able to fuck with a wish before they even knew what the wish is?"

Kimiko let out an amused laugh. "You know, I think I'm starting to believe that, myself. I'll let you know if I ever wake up with an Odile of my own."

She stood, hands clasped behind her back, as Odette explained her reasoning. "I guess that's logical, yeah... still though, couldn't hurt to ask. Manaphy's swapping ability is technically a... well, technique. I don't know if Celebi's time traveling ability works the same way. I still think it's worth looking into. And... if the results can be manipulated, well... that's something we need to know, too."

"That's 'Odette' or 'Miss' to you," she snarled. "Nothing less, nothing more."

And then they were interrupted by those two humanoid birds she'd seen yesterday at the security office. Yep, definitely a new one in her books. Odette seemed to know them. The blonde gave her a questioning look. "...The hell was that about?"

Her eyes slipped shut, and it was a while before she spoke again. "It's great you found some things. That's extremely helpful. But advice from somebody who's been under a nefarious mystery before? Don't broadcast it to the world, and keep it among who you trust. The last thing we need to be doing is letting these undesirables know we know shit, as little as it might be. A little bit is already too much for others like them. They're definitely already onto us; at Mitch's expense."

She couldn't believe this needed saying, but apparently it did. At least she felt better about it, keeping her idea between herself and Odette... though it seemed even that was overheard.

She started shaking her head again. "I am not getting fucking kidnapped again. I am not letting my friends get kidnapped." A pause. "And I want to find them all alive. Keep it among the group, or don't say a goddamn thing at all."

Her heart sank a bit as Odette finished. Yeah, definitely something she could relate to. Should she say something? ...Maybe if there weren't so many people around. No, this wasn't the time.

She gasped and grabbed Kimiko's arm excitedly. "Holy mother of fucking hell I was right, he did try to block it."

And then she smiled again at her enthusiasm. "Are you really that surprised? Give yourself some credit," Kimiko said with another laugh. "Didn't you say you'd been doing some investigating back home, too? You're very observant. Honestly, I'm glad you're on our side."

Kimiko was nearby, chatting with Odette, though she was talking loud enough for others to hear. Wes cleared his throat and spoke up. “Actually, I…have something to share about that. My Pokémon and I looked through Franklin’s room two days ago…and we went with Mitch. The guy who just got abducted.”

He frowned down at Novo, who was fidgeting restlessly and sniffing at the air, tail bristling. “And…I have something else to share, too. Last night in the infirmary, Novo here sniffed out a…strange smell. It was similar to a smell we noticed in Franklin’s room. I’d describe it as a sort of…sweet chemical smell. I don’t know if they’re related, but it seems important to share.”

Fuck, had she really been talking that loudly?? She thought she'd been keeping her voice down... Well, if anyone had to overhear, she figured (this) Wes was probably the next safest alternative out of those gathered. ...Not that it really mattered anyway, since someone had already decided to broadcast their conversation, anyway...

"You did??" Kimiko said, somewhat surprised. She knew some had been talking about attempting to get into his room, but she didn't know anyone had actually done it. "A chemical smell... Identifying scents isn't my strong point, sorry," she added with a frown. "I don't suppose you have any ideas?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Jack looked around with a bit of impatience. It didn’t seem to him that there was much he could do to help, knowing that everyone was making progress with the case and their hypotheses. He wanted to contribute, too, but part of him thought that he wasn’t the deductive type despite being the rational one in his team.

He noticed Noro nearby. The egotistical prick… He was relieved when he saw Alakazam as well. Well, he wished he was more relieved, knowing that everyone suspected a yellow Psychic-type. That description included Alakazam. Nonetheless, he approached him, trying to not raise any suspicion, especially from the police.

[[ Jack wants to use Mind Reader! ]]

“Hey, Alakazam!” Jack smiled and waved a wing, his leek sling over his shoulder. “I’d like to talk with you. Well, you can also talk with Zack or both of us—your choice—, but I’d rather have it be private.” He looked down in worry. “You know, since there’s a kidnapper on the loose.”
@Flyg0n

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Kimiko let out an amused laugh. "You know, I think I'm starting to believe that, myself. I'll let you know if I ever wake up with an Odile of my own."

She stood, hands clasped behind her back, as Odette explained her reasoning. "I guess that's logical, yeah... still though, couldn't hurt to ask. Manaphy's swapping ability is technically a... well, technique. I don't know if Celebi's time traveling ability works the same way. I still think it's worth looking into. And... if the results can be manipulated, well... that's something we need to know, too."
Odette Smile.PNG
A bitter chuckle. "For your sake? I hope not."

She felt herself nodding some more. "Definitely. If we can deduce that some of the mythics are being suppressed, it's just more info for us, even if we don't learn anything specifically about where the missing trainers and 'mon are. Might mean a mythic is behind it..."

Of course, Manaphy did mention that even powerful regular Pokemon could block out their moves. So. She wouldn't stick to that hypothesis yet.

"...The hell was that about?"
Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
She exhaled sharply. "I think one of those birds has a crush on me. Really been liberal with the compliments and pet names that I don't appreciate," she said. "Especially not 'your majesty,' Makes my skin crawl. The only people I let call me pet names are my boyfriends."
"Are you really that surprised? Give yourself some credit," Kimiko said with another laugh. "Didn't you say you'd been doing some investigating back home, too? You're very observant. Honestly, I'm glad you're on our side."
Odette Neutral.PNG
"Yeah, well," she said quickly, as if trying to backtrack. "I did. But I did it with my friend, and he was half the manpower."

Maybe she wasn't giving herself enough credit. She knew herself to be hyper-observant. And a good liar. They wouldn't have gotten so far along in the sacrilege bust if she wasn't, even with Noel's tech savviness and charisma, and Clovis's protection.

Odette Blushing.PNG
Still, though. Hearing it from somebody else caused a new kind of heat to radiate off her face. Are you nuts? Get a fucking grip.

"Shit, so am I."

The smile she managed was a crooked, awkward one. "Sorry. I'm absolutely awful with compliments. But thanks."

"A chemical smell... Identifying scents isn't my strong point, sorry," she added with a frown. "I don't suppose you have any ideas?"
Focus.

Right. Wes did mention he and Mitch, apparently, had found something in the dorms. "I'm pretty good with tastes," she admitted. "Scents, not as well. I do know what chloroform smells like, though. And certain drugs, too..."

Okay, now stop talking.

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Xavian smiled tiredly in greeting as Blue marched up to him. He didn't seem too put off by Blue's demeanor. His eyes were ever so slightly bloodshot looking and dark circles had formed under them. The past two days had been unkind to him it seemed. He spoke, but his thoughts seemed elsewhere and he kept glancing towards the site of the disappearance. "Just tournaments..." he said, shaking his head. "Silly things. A contest showcase. The prizes weren't even special. A bit of money, rare items, stupid things." Xavian ran his hands through his hair. "Nothing worth this. Nothing." Bitterness touched his voice.

"No one knew anything much more than what was said on the invitations. I just hoped to give everyone a chance to enjoy themselves. That was all."
Blue blinked, confused. "Would we even be able to take the stuff back with us? Or spend the money? What currency do you even use here, what if the exchange rate— gah, never mind, not the point. What about the guests themselves? Which ones are from—" ugh "—this world here, and which ones were invited from other worlds?" Presumably no one on their boat was originally from here, so that was one victim; if the other three were also invited from somewhere else, maybe that was some kind of pattern? Hell if he knew what that particular pattern meant, of course. Like, even if all the victims were out-of-worlders, would they necessarily be more likely targets for an in-worlder? An in-worlder would have a better understanding of what they could get away with in this universe, at least...

Also he hated that he was actually thinking these stupid non-words now, but anyway.

"I know you've been searching for the missing guests, but what do you know about what people were doing before they went missing? I don't mean keeping tabs on their every movement, especially not if you weren't expecting any problems, but did you happen to notice anyone going anywhere or doing anything in particular on the early nights? Other than Kalo and Xatu apparently noping out as soon as they stepped off the gangplank, I mean."

Honzo gazed at Charizard for a long time, his expression unreadable. "I know what you are thinking." Honzo's telepathic voice came across to Charizard, guarded and cautious. "Because I am psychic I am being targeted. Because I can teleport. I am well aware of the rumors and hearsay. But have you ever considered that someone is causing chaos on purpose, to distract us from the true culprit?"
Charizard flinched momentarily, but tried to collect himself. Exactly the sort of answer he'd been afraid of. It had probably been silly to hope otherwise. Still, it wasn't like he could stop here.

"The thought's crossed my mind," he said nonchalantly. (It had not.) "That doesn't really answer my question, though. I didn't ask you 'did you do this'; I asked you what you'd learned so far. You've been investigating, haven't you? I assume you wouldn't hide any information you thought immediately identified whoever's doing this, or that you thought would help keep everyone safe. But what have you found? Even if it's nothing, at least it would help us know what's already been done. It'd narrow things down and reduce the potential to get distracted, wouldn't you think?"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Last edited:

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Guys," she fumed. A deep breath. She lowered her voice back to the low volume it had been at. Only then did she decide to break her gaze from the other trainers further down the way to glare at the newcomers. "If I wanted to broadcast all my thoughts about the situation at hand, I'd be at the center of this gathering singing it all into a fucking microphone."

She brought her hand up to adjust her glasses. "Do you understand the severity of what's happened here? The missing persons were previously just people and 'mon from the first group, but they've officially turned on us. Our group. The only group we were advised to trust."
Well, excuuuse me, princess. He just wanted some info. Was it really that hard to ask?

He sighed, shaking his head. "Whatever." He was too tired to deal with this.

Making his way to Evie, he muttered, "Hey, Eves. I'm gonna get some sleep, you mind taking charge of things?"

Evie shook her head and leaned down, allowing him to climb onto her. "Sleep well," she said, receiving a 'thanks' in return.

Making sure he was secure, she glanced around before finding her intended target.

She trotted towards Xavian. "Hey, you're the host, right? Do you have a list of the mythical Pokémon and where they might be found?"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
A bitter chuckle. "For your sake? I hope not."

She felt herself nodding some more. "Definitely. If we can deduce that some of the mythics are being suppressed, it's just more info for us, even if we don't learn anything specifically about where the missing trainers and 'mon are. Might mean a mythic is behind it..."

Of course, Manaphy did mention that even powerful regular Pokemon could block out their moves. So. She wouldn't stick to that hypothesis yet.

"No offense to Odile, but... I hope not, too." She suddenly looked around quickly. "....Where, uh... where is she, anyway?"

Kimiko hesitated to consider that a mythical was behind the disappearances... but then again, had that not been what she had first thought upon heading down here this morning? That Manaphy may have retaliated somehow? ...Maybe she shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, especially now. "Yeah, agreed. Anyway... I think it's a problem for tomorrow. I know we shouldn't put it off too long, but..." she looked around, frowning again. "Well, I just don't think I could handle time travel today, after... this." That and she wasn't sure whether or not she wanted to ask Odette to join her. She definitely felt more comfortable having her around, but again... this was her wild goose chase to gamble on, no one else's. Not that she wouldn't be willing to help look for Jirachi, either, but again, probably not today.

She exhaled sharply. "I think one of those birds has a crush on me. Really been liberal with the compliments and pet names that I don't appreciate," she said. "Especially not 'your majesty,' Makes my skin crawl. The only people I let call me pet names are my boyfriends."
"......"

Kimiko just blinked at her, gaze shifting briefly to said birds. "That's... a joke, right?" Except she'd just seen it happen. "I mean, I'd understand if he called you 'pretty' or something... y'know, normal, but... 'your majesty'? Weird..." Then again, as she looked towards them again, nothing about them seemed very normal. At least, not in her world.

"So, anyway... boyfriends, like plural, huh?"

"Yeah, well," she said quickly, as if trying to backtrack. "I did. But I did it with my friend, and he was half the manpower."

Maybe she wasn't giving herself enough credit. She knew herself to be hyper-observant. And a good liar. They wouldn't have gotten so far along in the sacrilege bust if she wasn't, even with Noel's tech savviness and charisma, and Clovis's protection.
Still, though. Hearing it from somebody else caused a new kind of heat to radiate off her face. Are you nuts? Get a fucking grip.

"Shit, so am I."

The smile she managed was a crooked, awkward one. "Sorry. I'm absolutely awful with compliments. But thanks."

"Well, now you're doing it here, with... a different friend," she ventured with a smile and a slight shrug. "I promise nothing about being as competent as him, though." Even so, she was proud of her Celebi plan, damnit! Even if nothing came of it, at least... it was better than just sitting around uselessly while everyone else did their part. Not this time.

Kimiko decided not to comment on Odette's red face, although she felt herself blush slightly in return for some reason. What, no, you've done enough of this already. Instead, she said, "So am I, honestly. Nothing to be sorry for! Unless you think being alike is a bad thing, in which case... well, sorry!" Her tone was light, making sure it was understood that that was a joke. Because it wouldn't be a first time for that, either.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"No offense to Odile, but... I hope not, too." She suddenly looked around quickly. "....Where, uh... where is she, anyway?"

Kimiko hesitated to consider that a mythical was behind the disappearances... but then again, had that not been what she had first thought upon heading down here this morning? That Manaphy may have retaliated somehow? ...Maybe she shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, especially now. "Yeah, agreed. Anyway... I think it's a problem for tomorrow. I know we shouldn't put it off too long, but..." she looked around, frowning again. "Well, I just don't think I could handle time travel today, after... this." That and she wasn't sure whether or not she wanted to ask Odette to join her. She definitely felt more comfortable having her around, but again... this was her wild goose chase to gamble on, no one else's. Not that she wouldn't be willing to help look for Jirachi, either, but again, probably not today.
Odette Deadpan.PNG
"None taken. It's really hard to offend her because she already thinks everything is a joke." As for where the stupid tumbleweed was...

Odette shot a look over toward the bush she'd initially emerged from. She hadn't heard it rustle again since then. "Probably still in that shrub over there sleeping. Mortality must have really tired her out."

She held up a reassuring hand. "And please. I need a day of just plain old light interrogation. No plans to seek out more mythic bullshit for a while; not after yesterday, and not knowing that Mitch got taken. In fact, I was going to go to the arena and work more on my turns. That clears my head better than running, and the floor in there is really nice."

When it came down to it, though, she really did want to hunt down Jirachi. As for asking anybody to go with her, well...that was a different story. Of course, Kimiko's tongue lashing was still fresh in the back of her mind, but so was the Manaphy incident as a whole. One other person, two tops. But if Kimiko wanted to hunt down Celebi instead...she wasn't one to impose so much on somebody she liked.

"That's... a joke, right?" Except she'd just seen it happen. "I mean, I'd understand if he called you 'pretty' or something... y'know, normal, but... 'your majesty'? Weird..."
She scoffed. Loudly. "I don't even know. I think it's supposed to be in the same realm as pretty? It stemmed from calling me 'empress' or 'goddess' or something, which...not keen on either."

"So, anyway... boyfriends, like plural, huh?"
Odette Startled.PNG
Oh right. This wasn't her world, so that probably sounded strange.

"Ah, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not cheating on anybody." She pointed to her chest. "Polyamorous. A throuple, if you will. It's consensual and all that. I think they're more obsessed with each other than they are with me, if I'm being honest with you."

Odette Bigger Smiles.PNG
She was grinning dumbly before she could stop herself, and she brought her hands up to cover her cheeks. "They're both so fucking dumb and so fucking gorgeous, I can't stand it." Now, she just looked like she was swooning, but it didn't matter. Kimiko had asked, and this is what she got.

"That was a joke. Clovis has an IQ of like one-fifty and Guzma's the fastest learner I've ever met in my goddamn life. But, still dumb. Both of them. Absolutely braindead. I say that with all the love in my heart," she gushed.

As she spoke, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and clicked onto her lock screen. She then proudly held it out to Kimiko, clearly displaying a professional photo of the three of them. Their most recent holiday card photo; the one they'd taken without all the 'mon. That one didn't fit on her lock screen, so she'd settled for this one because it was otherwise the best photo in the lot. With Clovis and Guzma in their matching black suits, and her in that stunning black gown. It was amazing, even with heels on, her head still barely passed their shoulders, they were both such fucking trees. Snowy trees that had no business being so good looking. And truth be told, she looked pretty damn gorgeous herself, standing next to them with her hair down and her makeup done and--

She pointed to Clovis. "That's Clovis, he's a former figure skating champion and is really big on philanthropy and," she pointed to Guzma, "that's Guzma, he's on the Alola League with me and is deadass one of the strongest trainers I've ever met and they--"

Odette Blushing.PNG
She stopped abruptly, her face glowing redder than it had before. She slowly pulled her phone back and pocketed it.

"So," she began slowly. "If it wasn't embarrassingly obvious, I have a huge pretty person problem. I am so sorry. Feel free to talk my ear off about any boyfriends you might have."

"Well, now you're doing it here, with... a different friend," she ventured with a smile and a slight shrug. "I promise nothing about being as competent as him, though."
Odette Bigger Smiles.PNG
She decided to just let that subject go. Gushing about her manwich wasn't going to fix anything around here. For the moment, she could catch herself on the fact that Kimiko had referred to herself as a friend. That was nice.

"Noel's good at a lot of things," she said. "But I'd bet my money that you could match him. I'm not all that worried. You know how to keep your voice down, so that's one step ahead already," she added endearingly.

"So am I, honestly. Nothing to be sorry for! Unless you think being alike is a bad thing, in which case... well, sorry!" Her tone was light, making sure it was understood that that was a joke. Because it wouldn't be a first time for that, either.
"Listen, I don't think it can be helped that we might be different versions of each other. I think I'm just learning to sit by and let it roll. It's kind of nice to know I'm not the only one who's blood curdles in panic when they get a compliment," she snickered, evidently returning the joke. No need to get so stuck on how red she'd gotten earlier. Kimiko had been kind enough to do that, so Odette figured she'd return the favor.

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"None taken. It's really hard to offend her because she already thinks everything is a joke." As for where the stupid tumbleweed was...

Odette shot a look over toward the bush she'd initially emerged from. She hadn't heard it rustle again since then. "Probably still in that shrub over there sleeping. Mortality must have really tired her out."

She held up a reassuring hand. "And please. I need a day of just plain old light interrogation. No plans to seek out more mythic bullshit for a while; not after yesterday, and not knowing that Mitch got taken. In fact, I was going to go to the arena and work more on my turns. That clears my head better than running, and the floor in there is really nice."

Mortality...? Oh, right. Odile was probably involved in the body swap thing, too. The fact that Odette didn't seem worried about her misbehaving right now was somewhat unusual, but maybe she was right, and the demon pokemon had gotten a dose of what reality was like for everyone else. Given Odile was already not quite how Kimiko had imagined her, she supposed it wasn't that far of a stretch. "I hope she's okay," she said sincerely. "That must have been really rough on her, especially." She felt momentarily guilty for not asking about Odette's pokemon at all - and she realized with a jolt that she hadn't asked Wes how Neo and Novo were, either - though seeing them all nearby at least meant they weren't severely injured. Enora, in fact, seemed to be near the kid with the shiny nosepass. Perhaps she'd been doing some investigating on her own?

Well, at least she knew Odette wouldn't go out mythical hunting on a whim, at least not today. "You'll get no argument from me. Hell, I'm thinking I might turn in early when night comes, just to make up for all these late nights and early rises the last few days. Not how I expected my vacation to go." She tilted her head at mention of the arena. "That's the last place I'd have expected to find a dance floor. Mind some company? Maybe I can learn a thing or two. And besides, if I'm gonna give you a solo performance, it's only fair."

She scoffed. Loudly. "I don't even know. I think it's supposed to be in the same realm as pretty? It stemmed from calling me 'empress' or 'goddess' or something, which...not keen on either."

"Extremely valid," she said, eyeing the birds again. She didn't want to draw their attention, but she just couldn't stop staring at them. "Nevermind the fact that they're... y'know, birds? Got nothing like that back in my universe." Strangely, she thought, talking about alternate universes is no longer the most unusual conversation topic to come up.

"Ah, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not cheating on anybody." She pointed to her chest. "Polyamorous. A throuple, if you will. It's consensual and all that. I think they're more obsessed with each other than they are with me, if I'm being honest with you."

"Oh, no, I hadn't... I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that!" she cried. Well, that was inconsiderate of her. "I just meant, like... It's not unheard of where I'm from, either. But, I could never, I am very much the jealous type." She looked away, thinking for a moment. "Honestly, though, I've never even considered it. I'm happy where I am. I'm... not really sure where Alex would fall on the subject."

She was grinning dumbly before she could stop herself, and she brought her hands up to cover her cheeks. "They're both so fucking dumb and so fucking gorgeous, I can't stand it." Now, she just looked like she was swooning, but it didn't matter. Kimiko had asked, and this is what she got.

"That was a joke. Clovis has an IQ of 150 and Guzma's the fastest learner I've ever met in my goddamn life. But, still dumb. Both of them. Absolutely braindead. I say that with all the love in my heart," she gushed.

As she spoke, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and clicked onto her lock screen. She then proudly held it out to Kimiko, clearly displaying a professional photo of the three of them. Their most recent holiday card photo; the one they'd taken without all the 'mon. That one didn't fit on her lock screen, so she'd settled for this one because it was otherwise the best photo in the lot. With Clovis and Guzma in their matching black suits, and her in that stunning black gown. It was amazing, even with heels on, her head still barely passed their shoulders, they were both such fucking trees. Snowy trees that had no business being so good looking. And truth be told, she looked pretty damn gorgeous herself, standing next to them with her hair down and her makeup done and--

She pointed to Clovis. "That's Clovis, he's a former figure skating champion and math genius and," she pointed to Guzma, "that's Guzma, he's on the Alola League with me and is deadass one of the strongest trainers I've ever met and they--"

Kimiko couldn't help but smile as Odette went on. It was obvious before she'd pulled out her phone how much she cared about them both. "Oh, believe me. I completely understand the 'intelligent moron' trope."

It only took a second of staring at the photo for Kimiko to exclaim, "Holy shit, you guys are so cute! And stylish, damn! That dress is perfect for you. And if you don't mind me saying, both of your boys aren't half bad, either. I absolutely would not have pegged Clovis for a figure skater! And... I feel like I've seen Guzma before, if I'm being honest..." Where had she seen that face before? It wasn't until she looked back up at Odette that the rest of that statement sunk in. "Wait, hold on... you're in the League? Both of you?"

She stopped abruptly, her face glowing redder than it had before. She slowly pulled her phone back and pocketed it.

"So," she began slowly. "If it wasn't embarrassingly obvious, I have a huge pretty person problem. I am so sorry. Feel free to talk my ear off about any boyfriends you might have."

"Please, don't apologize for anything! That was cute. And they are very pretty, so like, you're absolutely entitled to brag about that!"

Thankfully, this time Kimiko didn't forget her bag when charging out of her room after a screaming victim this time. She pulled her 'dex out of the side pocket and started skimming through her photos. It had to be something good to compare to... "Well, I only have one boyfriend, but I love him all the same," she said, finally finding the one she'd been looking for and holding it out to show her new friend. There was only one photo of Alex in his maroon dress shirt and black dress pants that he looked even vaguely comfortable in, back from that single party that didn't turn out to be a death trap. Kimiko stood beside him in a strapless pink dress, her own hair down, contrary to her usual preference. They stood side-by-side, Alex only inches taller.

"That's Alex," Kimiko said, tucking some loose hair behind her ear. "Doesn't do formal wear very well. You can see it in his eyes. But he was willing to let me get at least one picture to remember the night with. We don't really get out to fancy events often, and the last one I'd been to wasn't... fun. He's a nerd, but he's always willing to go that extra mile for me... to a point that it's almost sometimes annoying. Is that mean of me to say?" she asked. It felt silly to say it. "Like, he's always been there for me. Been with him for... oh, seven years or so? But I wish sometimes he'd actually take better care of himself, y'know? He can be a little hyper-focused, especially when I'm upset. He does give me space when I ask for it." Why was this so hard to explain?

She returned her 'dex to her bag, feeling a little awkward. "Anyway, he's no champion or anything, but he's mine, y'know? I... miss him." ...Maybe she should try to call him tonight. She wasn't sure texting would cut it after this.

"Noel's good at a lot of things," she said. "But I'd bet my money that you could match him. I'm not all that worried. You know how to keep your voice down, so that's one step ahead already," she added endearingly.

Odette's voice brought her back to the present, and now it was her turn to blush at a compliment. "That's just common sense, really," she said, trying not to sound dismissive but not sure how to respond otherwise. Still, it did make her feel good to know Odette had faith in her, especially after only knowing her for a few days.

"Listen, I don't think it can be helped that we might be different versions of each other. I think I'm just learning to sit by and let it roll. It's kind of nice to know I'm not the only one who's blood curdles in panic when they get a compliment," she snickered, evidently returning the joke. No need to get so stuck on how red she'd gotten earlier. Kimiko had been kind enough to do that, so Odette figured she'd return the favor.

"I... no, you're definitely not the only one," she said, once again tucking her hair behind her ear. "That's still a weird thought to me... Not the compliment thing, the 'different versions of each other' thing. I'm kind of new to the whole multiverse concept... despite the fact that I've apparently been out of my own at least twice now. It's... kind of wild. Bit disconcerting, too, if I'm being honest." She again looked up at Odette with a grin. "Still... there's worse people I could be similar to. Could be like poor Wes."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I hope she's okay," she said sincerely. "That must have been really rough on her, especially."
Odette Deadpan.PNG
"You know, she really sounded like she was going through it and I thought I was going to have snap her out of it. But she was completely fine by the time we got to the infirmary so I really don't know. She could have just been being dramatic, but she's also not one to cry like that..."

Damn. She'd been so caught up in her own head that she never actually asked Odile how she was feeling. Odette just assumed based on the way she was acting that she'd recovered...same with Enora. Panic attacks were a bitch.

"I should talk to them, actually," she murmured.
"That's the last place I'd have expected to find a dance floor. Mind some company? Maybe I can learn a thing or two. And besides, if I'm gonna give you a solo performance, it's only fair."
Odette Smile.PNG
"Oh there isn't, but the floor might as well be. Very good grip," she said. "My dance team used our practice battle arena for rehearsal when our main studio had a Muk infestation. Turns are kind of hard, but I'll learn you a thing or two."

She cautiously sent a look back toward the cops. "I'd like to head there as soon as possible. The amount of undesirables in the area is making me sweat, and I need a space to think." Maybe text her alliance so far. She hadn't heard from Laura in the past 48 hours, and Gladion was lucky enough to be able to sneak off...
But, I could never, I am very much the jealous type." She looked away, thinking for a moment. "Honestly, though, I've never even considered it. I'm happy where I am. I'm... not really sure where Alex would fall on the subject."
Odette Thinking.PNG
"Really I'd have assumed I was a jealous type too," she muttered. With her temperament? It seemed like a given. "But it just kind of happened. And I was very happy with it. Because it's very tiring being in love with two people at once and thinking about how you'll need to choose one over the other." That's a different kind of panic; one she hoped she never had to relive again. She shuddered at the thought.

"I like seeing them together as much as I like having them with me. Definitely not something to force if you're already content, that's for sure."

I absolutely would not have pegged Clovis for a figure skater! And... I feel like I've seen Guzma before, if I'm being honest..." Where had she seen that face before? It wasn't until she looked back up at Odette that the rest of that statement sunk in. "Wait, hold on... you're in the League? Both of you?"
Odette Smile.PNG
She raised a brow. "Don't tell me you also know a version of him in your world? That'd be something."

Her grin became a little sheepish. "Oh, did I forget to mention that?" she asked quietly. "That's how we met; at Alola's first Champion Trial. We were among the top five selected to fill the Elite 4 and Champion seats. He's Elite seat 1, and I'm..." she raised her hand, "the big wig on top."

She sighed. "I kind of kept that to myself once I figured out this was a multiverse thing. Especially now with people going missing. I feel like all that's going to do is somehow make me a bigger target..."
She returned her 'dex to her bag, feeling a little awkward. "Anyway, he's no champion or anything, but he's mine, y'know? I... miss him." ...Maybe she should try to call him tonight. She wasn't sure texting would cut it after this.
But, she needn't get into that whole mess. She supposed she was luckier than most other Champions; she didn't know anybody else who'd formed a sort of alliance with their Elite 4 team, or was generally that close to them. But how it all came about...well.

It was much nicer to listen to Kimiko gush. And boy, did she gush. Somehow over the past couple years, Odette had become so boy and girl crazy that she actually liked indulging in these teenaged-level swoon sessions. The photo was absolutely adorable, and the way Kimiko talked about him. Alex, was it? Gods. What goals. She felt her chest swelling with warmth, and she barely knew the two of them.

"You guys make a very hot couple," she said. She pushed a joking tone, but it was clear she was still being sincere. "And seven years? Good for you. Very proud."

However, part of her wanted to poke a little more as to why their last event wasn't so fun. She had a small feeling as to why, and immediately decided against it. Stay on the subject at hand.

"I get it," she said solemnly. "I miss mine, too. Really badly." Would still much rather be home with them. "Does your phone work? Have you been able to keep contact?"

"That's still a weird thought to me... Not the compliment thing, the 'different versions of each other' thing. I'm kind of new to the whole multiverse concept... despite the fact that I've apparently been out of my own at least twice now. It's... kind of wild. Bit disconcerting, too, if I'm being honest." She again looked up at Odette with a grin. "Still... there's worse people I could be similar to. Could be like poor Wes."
Odette Thinking.PNG
To that, she shrugged. "The multiverse thing takes some getting used to. Definitely fucked my life sideways for a few hours when I first got into it. I'd call it an 'acquired taste' more than anything."

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
View attachment 3751
"There's several ways that a Block can be circumvented," said Steven, scowling. "Some pokemon have abilities that will stop it. Other pokemon can learn moves that will prevent it from working."

His gaze slid over the assembled pokemon in the cove... Grumpig, Alakazam, Hatterene, even Kefki...

"Perhaps there were multiple attackers, and the Block only affected one of them."

View attachment 3750
"I'm sorry, Hayes. I wish I had a better answer for you."

View attachment 3752
"Still, your being here and using Block must have affected the attackers' plan in some way. We'll look for anything that they might have left behind by mistake."

View attachment 3754
Steven nodded to where Aggron was waiting at the edge of the group. The big steel type began to search the area where Hayes had said he last saw the Mightyena and her trainer. He couldn't help the pang of sadness that hit him when he realized the Mightyena's prints were all that was left of her. He let out a snarl. She deserved better.

[[Aggron used **Foresight** @Flyg0n]]

View attachment 3753
While the group was discussing amongst themselves, Steven leaned closer to Hayes so only the two of them could hear. "I still want to speak with you about your note. You said you had some ideas. I still want to hear them, but in light of what's happened, I think it's best if we kept our conversation private. Once this investigation is over, meet me back at the dorms, first floor. I have a place we can talk without being interrupted."
"I was so sure Steven," he said ruefully. "It should have worked..." Perhaps laters he'd research the move again more. There had to be a reason the kidnapper managed to escape. He'd figure it out. No matter what. His eyes widened slightly at Steven's next words, as if remembering. He nodded urgently, speaking in an equally discreet voice. "Okay. Later."

--

Aggron used Foresight and checked the area! Aggron spotted.... something?

At first, it was hard to find anything amidst all the disturbed earth. A chaotic mess of mightyena prints, Nate's prints, and a noticeable lack of any signs of an attackers tracks. But then, looking closer, reveals something else. In the midst of the chaos, a few tiny flecks of... something gray? But there's not even enough for a sample, and it crumbles away quickly. It had almost looked like a flake or chip off something?

Jack looked around with a bit of impatience. It didn’t seem to him that there was much he could do to help, knowing that everyone was making progress with the case and their hypotheses. He wanted to contribute, too, but part of him thought that he wasn’t the deductive type despite being the rational one in his team.

He noticed Noro nearby. The egotistical prick… He was relieved when he saw Alakazam as well. Well, he wished he was more relieved, knowing that everyone suspected a yellow Psychic-type. That description included Alakazam. Nonetheless, he approached him, trying to not raise any suspicion, especially from the police.

[[ Jack wants to use Mind Reader! ]]

“Hey, Alakazam!” Jack smiled and waved a wing, his leek sling over his shoulder. “I’d like to talk with you. Well, you can also talk with Zack or both of us—your choice—, but I’d rather have it be private.” He looked down in worry. “You know, since there’s a kidnapper on the loose.”
@Flyg0n

Alakazam turned around very slowly upon hearing Jack's voice, then let out a mental sigh. "The less of you, the better," he said. "What do you want?"

Blue blinked, confused. "Would we even be able to take the stuff back with us? Or spend the money? What currency do you even use here, what if the exchange rate— gah, never mind, not the point. What about the guests themselves? Which ones are from—" ugh "—this world here, and which ones were invited from other worlds?" Presumably no one on their boat was originally from here, so that was one victim; if the other three were also invited from somewhere else, maybe that was some kind of pattern? Hell if he knew what that particular pattern meant, of course. Like, even if all the victims were out-of-worlders, would they necessarily be more likely targets for an in-worlder? An in-worlder would have a better understanding of what they could get away with in this universe, at least...

Also he hated that he was actually thinking these stupid non-words now, but anyway.

"I know you've been searching for the missing guests, but what do you know about what people were doing before they went missing? I don't mean keeping tabs on their every movement, especially not if you weren't expecting any problems, but did you happen to notice anyone going anywhere or doing anything in particular on the early nights? Other than Kalo and Xatu apparently noping out as soon as they stepped off the gangplank, I mean."

Charizard flinched momentarily, but tried to collect himself. Exactly the sort of answer he'd been afraid of. It had probably been silly to hope otherwise. Still, it wasn't like he could stop here.

"The thought's crossed my mind," he said nonchalantly. (It had not.) "That doesn't really answer my question, though. I didn't ask you 'did you do this'; I asked you what you'd learned so far. You've been investigating, haven't you? I assume you wouldn't hide any information you thought immediately identified whoever's doing this, or that you thought would help keep everyone safe. But what have you found? Even if it's nothing, at least it would help us know what's already been done. It'd narrow things down and reduce the potential to get distracted, wouldn't you think?"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Xavian gazed off into the distance. "...No, I haven't. I am... I am I more sorry than I could ever say. I've been trying to find something. A connection. But there's nothing I've found. People from this world, trainers from others... the only pattern was of course they were all invited here in the first place. Clink even says the many of the mythical pokemon they invited are at a loss as well."

--

Honzo seemed to soften ever so slightly upon realizing that Charizard seemed earnest. "I do mean what I said earlier." This time the mental tone of his voice was slightly more refined and less brisk. "This feels orchestrated. As if the kidnapper wanted chaos. My theory is that whoever did this was deliberate. Planned." Honzo paused, considering his next thought. "For example... is it not odd that there are several golden or yellow furred pokemon here? As if the true perpetrator desires to hide among them...."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Alakazam turned around very slowly upon hearing Jack's voice, then let out a mental sigh. "The less of you, the better," he said. "What do you want?"
“Oh, right, forgot about the telepathy,” Jack said, tapping his head lightly. He focused his thoughts to make them loud and clear to Alakazam. “Hope you can hear this. So, what do you think about these kidnappings? They’re putting the blame on a yellow Psychic-type, but there’s a lot of them around here. I don’t want to think it’s you.” There was worry in his tone as he grimaced.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“Oh, right, forgot about the telepathy,” Jack said, tapping his head lightly. He focused his thoughts to make them loud and clear to Alakazam. “Hope you can hear this. So, what do you think about these kidnappings? They’re putting the blame on a yellow Psychic-type, but there’s a lot of them around here. I don’t want to think it’s you.” There was worry in his tone as he grimaced.

"Then don't think its me," Alakazam replied flatly. "The obvious answer is that someone is framing psychics, or they are creating a cover. A common battle tactic of a professional would be to misdirect your opponent, or disguise your intent. This is no different, just that the battlefield is of the mind."

Alakazam doesn't appear to lying!

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
At first, it was hard to find anything amidst all the disturbed earth. A chaotic mess of mightyena prints, Nate's prints, and a noticeable lack of any signs of an attackers tracks. But then, looking closer, reveals something else. In the midst of the chaos, a few tiny flecks of... something gray? But there's not even enough for a sample, and it crumbles away quickly. It had almost looked like a flake or chip off something?
thinking-1.png
Aggron peered down at what he'd found, far too delicate for him to inspect closer. He had no idea what it could be.

Someone had used Flash, and in the confusion, something got chipped. And Nosepass had used Block. But the Mightyena and her trainer vanished anyway...

Aggron lumbered back over to where Steven and Hayes were talking, but he didn't interrupt them. Instead, he posed a question to Nosepass.

"Hey little nugget, I know you couldn't see when you used Block, but from what I know, you guys don't rely on your eyes. You must have used your other senses to aim your Block. What did you aim for?"

@Flyg0n

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
View attachment 3775
Aggron peered down at what he'd found, far too delicate for him to inspect closer. He had no idea what it could be.

Someone had used Flash, and in the confusion, something got chipped. And Nosepass had used Block. But the Mightyena and her trainer vanished anyway...

Aggron lumbered back over to where Steven and Hayes were talking, but he didn't interrupt them. Instead, he posed a question to Nosepass.

"Hey little nugget, I know you couldn't see when you used Block, but from what I know, you guys don't rely on your eyes. You must have used your other senses to aim your Block. What did you aim for?"

@Flyg0n

"I tried to sense the kidnapper," Nosepass declared confidently, an angry edge in his tone - though it was clearly self-directed. The Flash dirupted my senses but I know I sensed another pokemon. Not Mightyena or the trainer. So I tried to block them but..." Nosepass rumbled in thought.

"Hayes helped me practice the move. I am good at it! I was very good! But somehow they got away." Nosepass turned briefly to gaze at the sight of the disappearance. "They should not have been able to. And I didn't detect the attacker using a move to stop me either..." Moves were never something he'd paid that much attention to, but he understood enough to know there were many ways pokemon's aura's could interact. Had they overlooked something? Had his senses been wrong? Or had he simply been too weak?

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Then don't think its me," Alakazam replied flatly. "The obvious answer is that someone is framing psychics, or they are creating a cover. A common battle tactic of a professional would be to misdirect your opponent, or disguise your intent. This is no different, just that the battlefield is of the mind."
Okay. I trust you. You Psychic-types are pretty smart, after all. Still, it’s kinda weird the kidnapper got one of us. Any idea why they’re doing this? Does this have anything to do with the fact that we’re from different places?

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"I tried to sense the kidnapper," Nosepass declared confidently, an angry edge in his tone - though it was clearly self-directed. The Flash dirupted my senses but I know I sensed another pokemon. Not Mightyena or the trainer. So I tried to block them but..." Nosepass rumbled in thought.

"Hayes helped me practice the move. I am good at it! I was very good! But somehow they got away." Nosepass turned briefly to gaze at the sight of the disappearance. "They should not have been able to. And I didn't detect the attacker using a move to stop me either..." Moves were never something he'd paid that much attention to, but he understood enough to know there were many ways pokemon's aura's could interact. Had they overlooked something? Had his senses been wrong? Or had he simply been too weak?
thinking-1.png
Aggron pondered what Nosepass said. The little nugget was so confident in himself, Aggron didn't doubt he'd practiced hard. If the Block wasn't stopped, then it had to have gone through, right?

surprise.png
"Wait, how do you know they got away for sure? Can you close your eyes and see if you can sense the same pokemon you sensed before?"

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
You know, she really sounded like she was going through it and I thought I was going to have snap her out of it. But she was completely fine by the time we got to the infirmary so I really don't know. She could have just been being dramatic, but she's also not one to cry like that..."
She… she had been crying? The image was completely alien to Kimiko, and she had seen Odette cry only yesterday. “We’ll if she’s anything like me… which is likely if she’s anything like you, hah… it’s entirely possible she just hid it until she felt comfortable letting it out.” Somehow the mental image made her feel sad for the demonic tumbleweed.

Oh there isn't, but the floor might as well be. Very good grip," she said. "My dance team used our practice battle arena for rehearsal when our main studio had a Muk infestation. Turns are kind of hard, but I'll learn you a thing or two."

She cautiously sent a look back toward the cops. "I'd like to head there as soon as possible. The amount of undesirables in the area is making me sweat, and I need a space to think.”
“Oh, that’s charming,” she said with a grimace. Thankfully they didn’t dwell on the muk problem for very long. “I mean I’m no expert, you know I’m more of a singer than a dancer, but I think I’ll be able to pick up something!”

She looked around at the gathered trainers once again, before settling on the two officers. “Agreed. Bad things happen in groups this large.” Then again, bad things were happening to people on their own, too… and the cops here didn’t exactly ease her worries, either.

"I like seeing them together as much as I like having them with me. Definitely not something to force if you're already content, that's for sure."
Oh. So there’s some background drama there, too. She didn’t want to pry, especially on the one happy subject of the day so far, but she could still relate to it. “Sounds just as bad as having to choose between a boyfriend and one of your team,” she said with a sigh. “I’m glad you all work out together though. Considering this ‘festival of friendship’, I think any universe could use a little more love and shit. You’re all lucky to have each other. A little personal support group!”

She raised a brow. "Don't tell me you also know a version of him in your world? That'd be something."

Her grin became a little sheepish. "Oh, did I forget to mention that?" she asked quietly. "That's how we met; at Alola's first Champion Trial. We were among the top five selected to fill the Elite 4 and Champion seats. He's Elite seat 1, and I'm..." she raised her hand, "the big wig on top."

She sighed. "I kind of kept that to myself once I figured out this was a multiverse thing. Especially now with people going missing. I feel like all that's going to do is somehow make me a bigger target..."
Now that she mentioned it… “I don’t know him personally, but I… do think I recognize him. Used to be some kind of gang leader, if I recall?” She stated up at the clouds above as she tried to recall. “I’ve never been to Alola, so I don’t know if he ever became involved with the league there in my universe. But he’s definitely… familiar.”

Kimiko lowered her voice; Odette seemed somewhat worried about being overheard. “Anyway, that’s really cool! I figured you were a competent battler, what with a legend on your team and all, but admittedly would not have thought you were, y’know, a champion. On the other hand… well, there are a lot of other champions around here. When we first got on the boat, I half wondered if I was the only non-champion to be invited! I’m not sure what the culprit’s motives are, but… none of the others, as far as we know, we’re champions either. Still, I get why you don’t really want to start shouting that to the entire island, either.”

Meanwhile, Olivia had perked up upon hearing the word “champion”, and was now staring after Enora curiously with a cute little head tilt, eyes wide with awe. She is a champion?

You guys make a very hot couple," she said. She pushed a joking tone, but it was clear she was still being sincere. "And seven years? Good for you. Very proud."

However, part of her wanted to poke a little more as to why their last event wasn't so fun. She had a small feeling as to why, and immediately decided against it. Stay on the subject at hand.

"I get it," she said solemnly. "I miss mine, too. Really badly." Would still much rather be home with them. "Does your phone work? Have you been able to keep contact?"
She felt her cheeks heat up worse than before at the compliment. She instinctively reached up, only to find her hair still in place for a change, having just been fixed. She settled for fiddling with her necklace instead. “Oh, um… thank you,” she said. “Yeah, it’s kind of been a miracle. I’ve never been with anyone else. Its kind of weird because that’s not at all how I expected my teen years to go, but like… I’m not complaining! I’ve been lucky in that regard, at least.”

She nodded. “I only just realized a night or two ago that this island had a network I could connect to. Gods know how it can broadcast through the bloody multiverse though.” She shook her head slowly, as if trying to convince herself of something. “There’s a part of me that keeps wondering if maybe I’ve accidentally connected with his counterpart in this universe instead of my own…”

To that, she shrugged. "The multiverse thing takes some getting used to. Definitely fucked my life sideways for a few hours when I first got into it. I'd call it an 'acquired taste' more than anything."
“That’s a taste I hope I never acquire, to be honest.” She gestures vaguely to their surroundings and added, “Especially if this is the kind of thing I can expect every time. But at least there’s been some bright spots, too.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Okay. I trust you. You Psychic-types are pretty smart, after all. Still, it’s kinda weird the kidnapper got one of us. Any idea why they’re doing this? Does this have anything to do with the fact that we’re from different places?"
"No. I have no idea why they're doing this, obviously. But they must need both pokemon and trainers for something, otherwise they would not take both." Alakazam's mental voice sounded impatient. "And I don't believe that where we're from means anything."

View attachment 3776
Aggron pondered what Nosepass said. The little nugget was so confident in himself, Aggron didn't doubt he'd practiced hard. If the Block wasn't stopped, then it had to have gone through, right?

View attachment 3777
"Wait, how do you know they got away for sure? Can you close your eyes and see if you can sense the same pokemon you sensed before?"

Nosepass rumbled sadly and shook his head. "No... I don't sense them. It felt like they left somehow. And I'm not sure I could recognize if they showed up again."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Nosepass rumbled sadly and shook his head. "No... I don't sense them. It felt like they left somehow. And I'm not sure I could recognize if they showed up again."
neutral face.png
"It's okay," rumbled Aggron. "You gave it a shot. If they're not here any more, then that helps us too."

He scanned the group of pokemon assembled in the cove. Lots of yellow psychics here, but if none of them were who Nosepass sensed during the struggle...
thinking.png
"Is there someone else here who we haven't seen yet?"

He'd have to think on it. Maybe see if Steven had any more leads. Besides, Nosepass's trainer did say he wanted to meet today to talk about something important. This whole thing made a mess of everyone's morning and ruined their plans.

neutral face.png
Aggron looked down at Nosepass reassuringly. "Whether or not your Block worked, you tried to help. That's what counts. Maybe you're not a battler, but you're still brave."

Aggron spotted Steven giving Hayes one last pat on the shoulder before turning and heading up towards the path that left the cove. He began to follow, but then paused and looked back over his shoulder at Nosepass. "Chin up, little nugget. See you around."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[Violet, it's okay, really!]

"No, it is not!" Violet protested as the Violet and Hazel headed towards the Cove's entrance, "If thine doth not rise at dawn, the daylight is lost and the evening comes too soon!"

Hazel put one hand on her head as she texted, [Violet... it's okay to sleep in from time to time. Healthy, even! Besides, we have electronic lights now. There are many people who work specifically night shifts. It's not as if we are farmers.]

"Hmph! You know not the... terrors... of..." Violet's voice began to trail as she bumped into a crowd of people and Pokémon, all looking on edge and interrogating one another. "...What in the gods is going on? Manaphy's domain was supposed to empty this morrow..."

Hazel looked around, trying to identify anyone familiar that could help get them up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom