• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Water Veil Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"That is a noble request... its true that I could not sense the hearts passing over my seas... If you are willing, I could attempt to try to switch your hearts, but I cannot promise it will succeed. My power is not infinite, after all."
Odette Neutral.PNG
She nodded once. "Of course, I understand that," she said. No mythic or legendary was capable of everything; not even Arceus as far as she knew.

"But it's worth a sh--"

Odile Pissed.PNG
"̴̧͖̣͎̣̠͎̤̳̟̳͓̥̮̠́̔̊̑̎̀̾̅̋͑̚̕N̷̮̈́͂͗͒̒͒̚O̸̢̻͚͇̥͙̰͆̍̅͊̉̈́̇͆͆͘̚͜͝.̸̡̢̖̟̩͓̗̫̮̪͔̩͍̎͋̒̇̓͐"̸̢̮͔̣̝̹͉͇̙̱̟̇͝ͅͅ

Odette Startled.PNG
Odette flinched at the sudden outburst, and turned around to see Odile storming toward her, looking like she was about to go on a rampage. "Odile, what did--"

Odile Pissed.PNG
"̶́̊̚͜I̷̡͔͕̬͊̍̑̉͝ ̷̰̩̭̽̿ḑ̷̲̣͌̄̈́ǫ̸̧͚̣͋̒̅n̸̳͆́͗̓'̵̨̠̭̯̠̇̿͗͂̐t̶̖̖͑̉̿ ̴̠̤͚̯͛͠w̶̧̪̅̕̚ā̶̧̖͍̣̘͋͗͆n̸̢̯̖̈́̚͝t̷̢̢̛̯̰̓͑͝ ̶̡̛̱̘͎̈́͆̈́̕y̷̫̺̌́̈́̔̈́o̷̢͇̹̻̬̒u̶͇̱̙̫̳͌̓̃͠ ̸̱̖͖̳̓́̍̌̿d̵̬̩̗͆̾͝ó̷͎̲̗̯̚ĭ̷̡̩͙̏̐n̵͎̜̯̹̈̔͐̂͒ǵ̸̻͉͕͘͠ ̸͈̞̘͉̞́̄a̴͈̼̱̖̣̿̊ṋ̴͊̀̃̋y̴̥̝͕̒͒ ̴̛̤͇͂ȯ̵̲͖͗͆́f̶̬͖̰̎́͜ ̷͈͙̼͐͊̈́̂t̶͈̿ĥ̶̠̖͙̀̊͜ã̵̢̘̭͈̽́̔t̴̛̟̐̃ ̴̜̈́̕w̵̠̺̜̟̏͋e̴̢̖̹͐̽̋̿͑ḭ̴̧̂r̶̥̿̒̕͠ḑ̴̛̛̦͖̻͜ ̶̲̥̘̼̽̚ͅb̶͈̱̳̝̅͑̓̓̐ő̴̠̥͔̭͎͌ḑ̵̮̙͔͒̿̚͘ẏ̸͉͋ ̵̺̆̿̍̉̇s̷̨͕̟͈̓w̶͔̩̪̮̎̈́̍̿̎͜ạ̴̟̫̖͙͊̅͒p̵̳̪͔͊͊̈́̓p̴͍͆̍͝ḭ̶͍͈̖̥̀̇̅̆̏n̶̺̠͗̋̚g̷͇̽ ̸̬̠͑̏s̶̟̬̅̊͝h̸̻̤͈̙̤͐̋̅i̶̫̅̉̐͘t̴̢̩̬̠̀̚.̸̙͉͕̈́ ̸̘̋Ḯ̸͕̪̣̖̤ ̸̮̙̮͚̠̎́̚d̸̤̫̬͍̭͆̑o̵̫̩̖̝̰͋̂̂̄̿ṋ̶̢̢̫̮̓̔̾'̵͖̞̬͓̍t̸̢̰̫̥̃̀ ̴͇͉͍̍̇͒̀̎l̶̤͖̝̪̀̀̃̀͌i̷̭̲̫̗̓̃̔͘͝ͅķ̸͓̎͂̽͂̌ͅe̷̪̪̼̅̈́͑ ̷̬̰̲̑̆̔́ì̷̼̟ť̴̲̘͑̿̇.̴̧̮̗̖̪̋̆̀͘͠ ̴̗̝̯̂́̏Ņ̵̝̺̱̳̐͐̕o̷̻̗͇̫͌.̵̛̬̻̱̎̓͋"̸̨̛̮̞̺̙̈́̓̋́

Odette Startled.PNG
Odette was...startled. To say the least. "I didn't think you'd be so bothered by it." She scrunched her nose as she tried to figure out what could have gotten Odile so worked up over the idea of her attempting this. It came to her pretty quickly, as it seemed almost too obvious.

"Mm, is it because you don't want to share?"

Odile Sad.PNG
"̴N̸o̷,̷"̷ ̸she whimpered as her demeanor abruptly changed."̵I̵'̸m̶ ̶j̷u̶s̶t̴ ̴s̷c̴a̷r̸e̴d̷ ̷y̸o̵u̵ ̸w̴o̴n̶'̷t̴ ̸c̵o̶m̵e̶ ̴b̸a̸c̴k̶.̶ ̴A̸n̷d̷ ̸I̴ ̸d̸o̴n̵'̴t̵ ̷l̸i̶k̶e̶ ̴t̸h̵a̴t̸.̴"̵
Odette Startled.PNG
Odette's eyes softened. "Oh..."
Enora Sad.PNG
"I don't say this often, but I agree with Odile."

Goodness, it felt strange to utter those words. But she couldn't dwell on that.

"I am not sure I'm very keen on you trying this."
It certainly wasn't the first time Enora had found herself entirely wary of her human's dedication to solving mysteries, and...nothing really came of that initial instance. Not that it would have made much of difference in the long run.

Here, though, she could maybe try to talk some actual sense into her.

"Like Manaphy just said. It's powers aren't infinite. What if something bad happens? What if something bad is happening to them?" she questioned. "Your body has already handled enough, so what if it physically stresses you out more?"
Odette Startled.PNG
Odette was frowning now. This wasn't the reaction she was expecting. And it bothered her even more now, because their worries were completely valid.

"Guys..." she tried to speak, but found that she didn't yet know how to respond.

It took a second, but she was able t find a start. "I...I understand where you're coming from. Really. It's dangerous. But the longer we stand around not showing jack all, the more dangerous it's going to be for all of us in the long run," she explained. "And I'm sure Manaphy has done this enough to assure I won't get stuck. And I have the necessary things on hand if something...happens. There's a doctor here, too. But this doesn't involve my blood, so..."

Now she was rubbing at her cheek, as her eyes traveled down to the sand she was kicking. "I'm not worried. I think it will be fine. I wouldn't offer if it felt sketchy, and you know that."

She raised her gaze ever so slightly. "And honestly, who better to test the waters on this than somebody who has experience letting foreign souls into her body?"

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
"̶H̵e̴h̵.̵ ̸T̴e̶s̴t̸ ̸t̵h̴e̶ ̷w̷a̶t̶e̸r̵s̴.̶"̶

Odile Sad.PNG
As funny as the joke was, Odile was quick to snap out of it. Didn't she just complain about not wanting to lose Odette again yesterday, and now they were discussing letting her swapping bodies? She wasn't sure if this was supposed to be a joke or not, but she definitely wasn't fucking laughing. These weren't bowling balls she was feeling. They felt...spikier.

Maybe they were durians.

"̷N̵O̴.̵ ̴T̶h̴a̷t̶'̴s̸ ̷n̶o̵t̷ ̵f̸u̸n̷n̵y̷.̷ ̶T̵h̴i̵s̸ ̷i̷s̶n̵'̶t̷ ̸f̸u̷n̵n̷y̵.̷ ̶I̷ ̴s̶t̸i̸l̶l̶ ̸d̴o̵n̴'̴t̵ ̵l̶i̵k̶e̷ ̵i̵t̵.̵ ̵B̷l̷o̴o̴d̶ ̸t̶y̶p̴e̸ ̸t̵r̶a̸i̷n̷e̸r̸ ̵o̴r̸ ̴n̸o̶t̵,̵ ̴t̴h̶i̸s̵ ̷a̵i̴n̷'̸t̷ ̵i̶t̶ ̶c̷h̵i̸e̶f̶.̵"̷

Enora Sad.PNG
Enora was shaking her head along with Odile's words. "I understand your concern, but I still don't know if I'm on board. I know things are bad right now, but there has to be a different way? Maybe?"

Odette Neutral.PNG
Without responding to either of them, Odette held out each of her pinkies.

Odile Sad.PNG
Odile stared at Odette's hand. "̴W̸h̷a̸t̵'̴s̴ ̸t̸h̴i̷s̵?̵"̷

Odette Neutral.PNG
"I'm pinky swearing," she declared. "That I'll be okay. That this is for our own safety. And that I'll come back."

When neither of her Pokemon responded, she jerked her hands for emphasis. "And have I ever broken a damn pinky promise?"

Odile Sad.PNGEnora Sad.PNG
Both Enora and Odile shared the same apprehensive look.

"No̸.̷"

They stared at their trainer's outstretched hands, before Odile reluctantly wrapped her pinky around one. Enora grasped the other with one of her ribbons.

Odette Neutral.PNG
"We're good, guys. I trust Manaphy knows this process by now," she said strongly. Reassuringly.

Though, it started to feel like she was trying to reassure herself as well. But, she wasn't going to back down now. Not when her and her 'mon's--and even her new friend's--collective safety was at stake.

"Just don't tell Clovis or Guzma and we're square," she muttered, the words coming out like rapid fire, and she released them before either of them could say anything more.

"If you all are ready, I can perform the ritual."
"Okay," she said to Manaphy as she turned back to face it. She clapped her hands together for good measure. "I am...good to go."

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hazel gasped in elated surprise at Manaphy's response before nodding vigorously. She would not only get to see their wonderful ability in action but experience it herself?! That sounded like a once-in-a-lifetime experiment! Who wouldn't want to?

Violet, it seemed, based on her look of incredulity. Hazel frantically typed as she hopped in place and shoved in Violet's face: [Do it do it do it do it do it do it]

"Alright, alright, if you insist, Hazel!" Violet responded, letting out a chuckle as she smiled and waved Hazel down. It was nice to see the Weavile so enthralled by something, even if she had no idea what it really was. "May as well try anything once in this era, no? Not every day that we get to bare witness to a mythical Pokémon power in action, I suppose."
Manaphy liked this little one's enthusiasm. "An excellent attitude."

View attachment 3577
She nodded once. "Of course, I understand that," she said. No mythic or legendary was capable of everything; not even Arceus as far as she knew.

"But it's worth a sh--"

View attachment 3576
"̴̧͖̣͎̣̠͎̤̳̟̳͓̥̮̠́̔̊̑̎̀̾̅̋͑̚̕N̷̮̈́͂͗͒̒͒̚O̸̢̻͚͇̥͙̰͆̍̅͊̉̈́̇͆͆͘̚͜͝.̸̡̢̖̟̩͓̗̫̮̪͔̩͍̎͋̒̇̓͐"̸̢̮͔̣̝̹͉͇̙̱̟̇͝ͅͅ

View attachment 3578
Odette flinched at the sudden outburst, and turned around to see Odile storming toward her, looking like she was about to go on a rampage. "Odile, what did--"

View attachment 3576
"̶́̊̚͜I̷̡͔͕̬͊̍̑̉͝ ̷̰̩̭̽̿ḑ̷̲̣͌̄̈́ǫ̸̧͚̣͋̒̅n̸̳͆́͗̓'̵̨̠̭̯̠̇̿͗͂̐t̶̖̖͑̉̿ ̴̠̤͚̯͛͠w̶̧̪̅̕̚ā̶̧̖͍̣̘͋͗͆n̸̢̯̖̈́̚͝t̷̢̢̛̯̰̓͑͝ ̶̡̛̱̘͎̈́͆̈́̕y̷̫̺̌́̈́̔̈́o̷̢͇̹̻̬̒u̶͇̱̙̫̳͌̓̃͠ ̸̱̖͖̳̓́̍̌̿d̵̬̩̗͆̾͝ó̷͎̲̗̯̚ĭ̷̡̩͙̏̐n̵͎̜̯̹̈̔͐̂͒ǵ̸̻͉͕͘͠ ̸͈̞̘͉̞́̄a̴͈̼̱̖̣̿̊ṋ̴͊̀̃̋y̴̥̝͕̒͒ ̴̛̤͇͂ȯ̵̲͖͗͆́f̶̬͖̰̎́͜ ̷͈͙̼͐͊̈́̂t̶͈̿ĥ̶̠̖͙̀̊͜ã̵̢̘̭͈̽́̔t̴̛̟̐̃ ̴̜̈́̕w̵̠̺̜̟̏͋e̴̢̖̹͐̽̋̿͑ḭ̴̧̂r̶̥̿̒̕͠ḑ̴̛̛̦͖̻͜ ̶̲̥̘̼̽̚ͅb̶͈̱̳̝̅͑̓̓̐ő̴̠̥͔̭͎͌ḑ̵̮̙͔͒̿̚͘ẏ̸͉͋ ̵̺̆̿̍̉̇s̷̨͕̟͈̓w̶͔̩̪̮̎̈́̍̿̎͜ạ̴̟̫̖͙͊̅͒p̵̳̪͔͊͊̈́̓p̴͍͆̍͝ḭ̶͍͈̖̥̀̇̅̆̏n̶̺̠͗̋̚g̷͇̽ ̸̬̠͑̏s̶̟̬̅̊͝h̸̻̤͈̙̤͐̋̅i̶̫̅̉̐͘t̴̢̩̬̠̀̚.̸̙͉͕̈́ ̸̘̋Ḯ̸͕̪̣̖̤ ̸̮̙̮͚̠̎́̚d̸̤̫̬͍̭͆̑o̵̫̩̖̝̰͋̂̂̄̿ṋ̶̢̢̫̮̓̔̾'̵͖̞̬͓̍t̸̢̰̫̥̃̀ ̴͇͉͍̍̇͒̀̎l̶̤͖̝̪̀̀̃̀͌i̷̭̲̫̗̓̃̔͘͝ͅķ̸͓̎͂̽͂̌ͅe̷̪̪̼̅̈́͑ ̷̬̰̲̑̆̔́ì̷̼̟ť̴̲̘͑̿̇.̴̧̮̗̖̪̋̆̀͘͠ ̴̗̝̯̂́̏Ņ̵̝̺̱̳̐͐̕o̷̻̗͇̫͌.̵̛̬̻̱̎̓͋"̸̨̛̮̞̺̙̈́̓̋́

View attachment 3578
Odette was...startled. To say the least. "I didn't think you'd be so bothered by it." She scrunched her nose as she tried to figure out what could have gotten Odile so worked up over the idea of her attempting this. It came to her pretty quickly, as it seemed almost too obvious.

"Mm, is it because you don't want to share?"

View attachment 3579
"̴N̸o̷,̷"̷ ̸she whimpered as her demeanor abruptly changed."̵I̵'̸m̶ ̶j̷u̶s̶t̴ ̴s̷c̴a̷r̸e̴d̷ ̷y̸o̵u̵ ̸w̴o̴n̶'̷t̴ ̸c̵o̶m̵e̶ ̴b̸a̸c̴k̶.̶ ̴A̸n̷d̷ ̸I̴ ̸d̸o̴n̵'̴t̵ ̷l̸i̶k̶e̶ ̴t̸h̵a̴t̸.̴"̵
View attachment 3578
Odette's eyes softened. "Oh..."
View attachment 3580
"I don't say this often, but I agree with Odile."

Goodness, it felt strange to utter those words. But she couldn't dwell on that.

"I am not sure I'm very keen on that."
It certainly wasn't the first time Enora had found herself entirely wary of her human's dedication to solving mysteries, and...nothing really came of that initial instance. Not that it would have made much of difference in the long run.

Here, though, she could maybe try to talk some actual sense into her.

"Like Manaphy just said. It's powers aren't infinite. What if something bad happens? What if something bad is happening to them?" she questioned. "Your body has already handled enough, so what if it physically stresses you out more?"
View attachment 3578
Odette was frowning now. This wasn't the reaction she was expecting. And it bothered her even more now, because their worries were completely valid.

"Guys..." she tried to speak, but found that she didn't yet know how to respond.

It took a second, but she was able t find a start. "I...I understand where you're coming from. Really. It's dangerous. But the longer we stand around not showing jack all, the more dangerous it's going to be for all of us in the long run," she explained. "And I'm sure Manaphy has done this enough to assure I won't get stuck. And I have the necessary things on hand if something...happens. There's a doctor here, too. But this doesn't involve my blood, so..."

Now she was rubbing at her cheek, as her eyes traveled down to the sand she was kicking. "I'm not worried. I think it will be fine. I wouldn't offer if it felt sketchy, and you know that."

She raised her gaze ever so slightly. "And honestly, who better to test the waters on this than somebody who has experience letting foreign souls into her body?"

View attachment 3581
"̶H̵e̴h̵.̵ ̸T̴e̶s̴t̸ ̸t̵h̴e̶ ̷w̷a̶t̶e̸r̵s̴.̶"̶

View attachment 3579
As funny as the joke was, Odile was quick to snap out of it. Didn't she just complain about not wanting to lose Odette again yesterday, and now they were discussing letting her swapping bodies? She wasn't sure if this was supposed to be a joke or not, but she definitely wasn't fucking laughing. These weren't bowling balls she was feeling. They felt...spikier.

Maybe they were durians.

"̷N̵O̴.̵ ̴T̶h̴a̷t̶'̴s̸ ̷n̶o̵t̷ ̵f̸u̸n̷n̵y̷.̷ ̶T̵h̴i̵s̸ ̷i̷s̶n̵'̶t̷ ̸f̸u̷n̵n̷y̵.̷ ̶I̷ ̴s̶t̸i̸l̶l̶ ̸d̴o̵n̴'̴t̵ ̵l̶i̵k̶e̷ ̵i̵t̵.̵ ̵B̷l̷o̴o̴d̶ ̸t̶y̶p̴e̸ ̸t̵r̶a̸i̷n̷e̸r̸ ̵o̴r̸ ̴n̸o̶t̵,̵ ̴t̴h̶i̸s̵ ̷a̵i̴n̷'̸t̷ ̵i̶t̶ ̶c̷h̵i̸e̶f̶.̵"̷

View attachment 3580
Enora was shaking her head along with Odile's words. "I understand your concern, but I still don't know if I'm on board. I know things are bad right now, but there has to be a different way? Maybe?"

View attachment 3577
Without responding to either of them, Odette held out each of her pinkies.

View attachment 3579
Odile stared at Odette's hand. "̴W̸h̷a̸t̵'̴s̴ ̸t̸h̴i̷s̵?̵"̷

View attachment 3577
"I'm pinky swearing," she declared. "That I'll be okay. That this is for our own safety. And that I'll come back."

When neither of her Pokemon responded, she jerked her hands for emphasis. "And have I ever broken a damn pinky promise?"

View attachment 3579View attachment 3580
Both Enora and Odile shared the same apprehensive look.

"No̸.̷"

They stared at their trainer's outstretched hands, before Odile reluctantly wrapped her pinky around one. Enora grasped the other with one of her ribbons.

View attachment 3577
"We're good, guys. I trust Manaphy knows this process by now," she said strongly. Reassuringly.

Though, it started to feel like she was trying to reassure herself as well. But, she wasn't going to back down now. Not when her and her 'mon's--and even her new friend's--collective safety was at stake.

"Just don't tell Clovis or Guzma and we're square," she muttered, the words coming out like rapid fire, and she released them before either of them could say anything more.

"Okay," she said to Manaphy as she turned back to face it. She clapped her hands together for good measure. "I am...good to go."

"Very well, brave one. Let us begin." They eyed the strange being called Odile briefly, and Enora. "Fear not. If I am unable to connect their hearts, no harm will come to Odette."

With that Manaphy closed their eyes. The tips of their antennae began to glow a soft pink. Barely visible trails of pink light linked the various trainers and pokemon assembled. One trickle of light wrapped around Odette, pulsing softly, tendrils flaring from the light as if searching...

For a brief moment, Odette would experience something, almost like a vision or glimpse of something. Not quite sight, but a sensation. A sense of... something. Yet also nothingness. Like groping blindly in the darkness for one's glasses but finding nothing. And then she'd find herself back in her body for a moment then suddenly in a brand new one.

It seemed the first attempt to swap her with Reena had failed, and she'd found herself in a new one, one of those assembled at the cove.

The others would find a strange sensation, like brief weightlessness, before smoothly realizing their body was no longer their own.

Their was a long pause before Manaphy opened their eyes again, looking slightly more weary, but pleased. A small frown came across their face. "Odette, I am sorry. I tried to do the swap but..." they paused. "Something stopped me. I couldn't connect with her heart. It was as if I was blocked or she's too far away or..." Manaphy's voice trailed off.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Odette, I am sorry. I tried to do the swap but..." they paused. "Something stopped me. I couldn't connect with her heart. It was as if I was blocked or she's too far away or..." Manaphy's voice trailed off.
[[Forgoing emotes until swap ends so nobody gets confused]]

Odette could feel it. She was close. She was so close. She was within herself, and then she wasn't...and then...

She felt a change. A shift. Her form felt...different. Heavier. Taller? Taller. Wait...

No. This couldn't have been Reena. Reena didn't...walk on all fours.

"What...?" said when she opened her eyes. But now her voice sounded different.

"Wait a second," she sputtered. "It was blocked? What blocked it? Can you get a sense of what it was? Or how far away? Or...what else it could have been? Could we try Franklin, or...?"

Apparently not, because a swap had taken place. Just not the one she wanted. Because upon looking down, she saw she was now the Null.

She was Hazel.

"Holy fucking--"

A shrill, male shriek carried through the cove, causing Odette to whip around to find the source. But, she wasn't exactly versed in walking on all-fours, so she stumbled a little in her haste.

"WHO DID THIS. WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS."

It was Wallace. Or, rather...it wasn't Wallace now.

"THIS SKIN. THIS HAIR. THIS...LATEX..."

He suddenly dropped to his knees, as if he were in shock.

"I'm...mortal." The last word came out as a strained whisper; one that was teetering on the edge of becoming a full blown scream.

He inhaled sharply. Deeply. His entire body seemed to grow with the inhalation.

"THIS. IS FUCKING. BULLSHIT."

Yep. There was Odile.

"F̶͚̆U̷̺͠C̴̝̈́K̶̲̪̇͋ ̶̛̼̉Y̷̬͒͐O̸̻̓͝Ǔ̷̪̍͜ ̵͈̀͜M̶̘͆͐Ẽ̵̟G̴̙͚̈͝A̸̛̜̓L̷̙̒O̸̠̤̕͝S̷̛̟̰͝ ̶̩͆I̶̢͎̾'̴̙̒M̵̙̤̓ ̸̡̬̄͋Ģ̵͊͠O̶̖̤̍͂I̶̟͎̍N̶̻͍̿G̸̞͔̅ ̴̣̩͒Ṯ̷̎̈́O̴̻͘͜͝ ̶̙͗͑Ś̵̹Ń̴̡̢̇Ạ̴̏͠P̶̱̯̊ ̶̹̎̂Y̵̨̗̕Ŏ̸͍Ű̸͇R ̶̜͒͝N̷̞̦̒́Ḙ̷͌͂C̶̣͒K̵̗͌!̴̣̈́̕!̸̞̀͘!̴̛͓̈!̸̛͎!!̶̰͘!̶̮͙̌"

Fuck being nice. Fuck being Sootopolis City's pretty boy. Wallace was mad: mad at Megalos, mad at Sootopolis high society, mad at his family, mad at stupid fucking systems and the stupid fucking world and the stupid fucking heavens and even fucking bastard who ever hurt him or used him or played with him like a toy. He felt mad, and he wanted to be mad, and he was going to be mad.
Odette cringed to herself as she heard Odile--or rather, the actual Wallace's--voice carry out as well. Of all the fucking people that could have ended up in Odile's body...

"Génial. Putain de génial," she said numbly.

Meanwhile, Enora blinked her eyes open. The first thing she noticed was that she was taller. And that...she had no paws anymore. But a long, winding, tail.

She peered over her shoulder. Oh, it wasn't a tail. It was just her long body.

Her long, and quite beautiful body!

"The Milotic?" she gasped. "This is actually splendid!"

Well, it was. Until she heard the collective screaming.

"Oh no..." she mumbled.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
He'd only even come here to get the chance to see a rare pokémon, supposedly a Mythical.

Well, the one that appeared certainly didn't disappoint, although Wes had no idea what the fuck they meant with--

The swap is happening!

Wait. What the fuck--

Wes has swapped with... Nico?!

Wes had no clue what the fuck just happened, but--

Wait. Why was he so short. Why--

He looked down and saw pink paws instead of his own regular body.

Wes, now inhabiting the body of his own Espeon, sat there in stunned silence for a few seconds.

I... actually don't mind this. At least I'm not human anymore. But this is gonna take some time to get used to...

He attempted to take a step forward and only succeeded in making himself faceplant onto the ground.

--

Meanwhile, Nico himself wasn't taking this as easily.

He was apparently... his own trainer now. This body was too tall, and it was standing on two feet, and everything felt wrong, wrong, wrong. He didn't know how to do anything, this wasn't natural, nothing made sense--

He wobbled and fell on his ass in a clearly very undignified manner.

I... should attempt to try and not make a further fool of Wes, at least.

So he just sat there.

--

Merian has swapped with... Neo?!

Merian didn't know what was going on, but it felt weird, and--

Wait, this wasn't so bad. He looked around, still being in a pokémon body, at least--

Oh. Ohhhhhh...... of course. Just my luck.

It seemed that, in the chaos, Merian had been shoved into the body of the impostor's Espeon.

He sighed heavily and headbutted the nearest object, just for the sake of it.

Technically, I'm not hurting myself! I'm hurting that bastard's Espeon, so... hehe, I can do whatever I want!

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel immediately noticed the shock to her field of view, as well as the sensation of wind on her face, and in her hair.She tried humming a song she'd heard before, and found her voice more responsive than usual. She was elated. She twirled around, but lost her balance and fell.

When she did so, she saw something she hadn't considered: Someone else in her body. That was going to be bad...

She stood back up and walked- looking perhaps a little tipsy- towards her own body. She rubbed at the spot Gladion normally would, where the helmet's weight pressed down on her neck. "You will be being okay."

She pulled Odette's phone from her pocket. "I do not think you are knowing how to talk with signs but maybe you can be using this like the other Hazel does. If you are finding it hard to be looking at, I can be holding it for you. If you are trying to move your head too much you will be making it hurt. I do not think you will be wanting to do that."

The first thing Gladion noticed was ending up far further from Manaphy. The second thing he noticed was... seeming notably cis-er that he was before. Which was cool and all, far better than the other possible outcome, but it still meant there was some other dude occupying his body right now. That was definitely bad. He tried to come up with a nonverbal signal for don't fucking say what you're thinking right now before making eye contact with... himself? Eye contact with his body, anyways. Just before it happened he'd been facing Manaphy with his back to this dude, though.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Violet wasn't entirely sure what she was expecting, but losing several feet worth of height was not a situation she thought she would end up in. Her head darted around as she looked at the now massive world, and everything felt somehow clearer... crisper, as if more sensations suddenly existed, yet at the same time it felt like her head was heavier for some reason. When she finally looked down at herself, she let out a gasp as she her eyes shrank in utter surprise.

Her hands were completely gone — replaced with enormous claws. Her skin was covered in a thick layer of royal blue fur as her statue resembled more closely to an imp than a person. She brushed each bristle of her own fur to confirm that this was real, that this was happening. She moved each individual digit of her claw and found that she could so with ease — too much ease, she realized — as her stance had naturally eased into that a typical Weavile's. What was going on? Why something about the experience feel so familiar... So... Right? A small headache formed as she thought this.

Yet despite this feeling, there was this air that something was off. Everything felt so natural to her, as though she had the instincts driving her to manipulate the Weavile body, yet there was still some component that felt like it was not hers. She brushed her claw along one of her ears before realizing it stopped at an earring. She took a long blink and looked down once more, realizing that she had been wearing a lab coat as well. Hazel's lab coat.

Her mouth dropped as realization struck: I'm in Hazel's body right now.

Hazel was encountering similar experience. When her eyes fluttered opened, the sensations that followed were duller in some ways — she felt like she couldn't see as far, the soft wind that had been blowing was quieter, and her head feathers weren't bristling like that should — yet at the same time, she felt an hypersensitivity in others. She could feel every little bump in the sand, and claws next to her could feel every little crevice on her coat, and— Wait, where are my claws?

Hazel blinked, looking herself over as she realized that her fur was completely missing, her wardrobe significantly different, and she was tall. Immediately, she recognized what happened: she had been heart swapped with her trainer! She could recognize Violet's telltale style and stature anywhere, and the fingers that once gave her many, many wonderful nights of pets and scratches... were now hers.

An unusually childlike smile beamed across "Violet"'s face as she twirled each digit of her hands with vigor. When she took a step back, she let out a short, "W-whoa," before she managed to re-orient herself. Her sense of balance was completely off, and her limbs felt more like lanky stilts than the powerful, tightly controlled ones she had as a Weavile.

Even so, something about this struck as familiar... She noted that despite not feeling quite correct in her posture, she could still hold herself steady. Every bit of her body she felt like she had full control over, and with a bit of practice, she could most certainly pose as her own trainer. But that was strange; everything about this should be foreign... what was going on? And why did her head hurt when she thought about it?

Out of habit, she placed her hand where her ear would normally be and found naught but hair instead. The texture of the hair gave her pause. It felt foreign, wrong, almost; it was too wavy and silky, and it she could easily twirl her fingers through it without resistance. She experimented more. The features of her face also felt off — which was odd, because she wasn't exactly sure what she was comparing it to. Despite these differences, she felt like she had been in this situation before, somehow, in some time in the back of her head.

Then she heard the adorable meowing noises down next to her leg, and realized she was staring at herself — her old Weavile body. "Oh my gosh, is that how I sound?!" She thought to herself as she let out a squeal. "That's... so... cute!"

Hazel's maternal instincts overtook her as she hoisted "herself" up and wrapped her arms around the Weavile, rubbing her cheek on the soft fur as she scratched the back of the now-Pokémon's head. "Violet, you never told me how adorable I am!"

Violet was knocked out her stupor as she flailed around at suddenly being picked up. However, an incredibly relaxing sensation overtook her as let out an involuntary purr. Her eyes squinted as she realized that she was petting "herself", but pieced together from the words that it was Hazel. She let out a sigh of relief — and satisfaction from the pets — thanking that it was Hazel and not some stranger that took her body.

Wanting to finally address the issue, she opened her mouth and tried to speak, "So, thou hath been occupying mine body then as a result of this... heart 'sway'?" As soon as Violet finished speaking, she covered her mouth with her claws as her eyes widened. She spoke again, "Huh...?" as it dawned on her that all that came out were mewls and grunts. Her anxiety spiked as she began trying to sound out all kinds of different words she's heard — both archaic and modern — yet the result was all the same.

Hazel, also realizing this, began speaking as well. "Wait, wait, that means—that means anyone can understand me now!" She said, thrilled. Sure, her general pitch and resonance wasn't familiar to her, but she felt a sense of liberation as she embraced her new height and voice.

Still cuddling Weaviolet, she twirled to Manaphy and said, "Thank you thank you thank you thank you for letting us indulge in this little experiment! The results are quite incredible!" Hazel said, beaming as an unusually genuine radiance emanated from the girl's face.

"Oh my gosh though, the fact that I can speak and Violet cannot has so many implications on how mind processes language and how the body responds in tow. Oh, and not to mention the scientific benefits that we could obtain in researching how tied consciousness is to personality and how one could theoretically mirror neurons even across species and perhaps we could even use this knowledge to enable true communications between humans and Pokémon and maybe even go as far as being able to project thoughts without the use of a Psychic-type and—"

"Enough!" Violet howled, trying to Hazel from going on another tangent. "I adore you Hazel, but thine rambling is not helping with this headache—"
"F̶͚̆U̷̺͠C̴̝̈́K̶̲̪̇͋ ̶̛̼̉Y̷̬͒͐O̸̻̓͝Ǔ̷̪̍͜ ̵͈̀͜M̶̘͆͐Ẽ̵̟G̴̙͚̈͝A̸̛̜̓L̷̙̒O̸̠̤̕͝S̷̛̟̰͝ ̶̩͆I̶̢͎̾'̴̙̒M̵̙̤̓ ̸̡̬̄͋Ģ̵͊͠O̶̖̤̍͂I̶̟͎̍N̶̻͍̿G̸̞͔̅ ̴̣̩͒Ṯ̷̎̈́O̴̻͘͜͝ ̶̙͗͑Ś̵̹Ń̴̡̢̇Ạ̴̏͠P̶̱̯̊ ̶̹̎̂Y̵̨̗̕Ŏ̸͍Ű̸͇R ̶̜͒͝N̷̞̦̒́Ḙ̷͌͂C̶̣͒K̵̗͌!̴̣̈́̕!̸̞̀͘!̴̛͓̈!̸̛͎!!̶̰͘!̶̮͙̌"
"Oh good Gods we've all been body snatched."

Hazel quietly slipped her Rotom phone from Weaviolet's lab coat pocket — Wow, this feels small in Violet's hand! — as she pulled up the notepad app once more. It took a couple of tries as the screen had been fitting with a thick layer to prevent her old claws from scratching it, but she managed.

She cleared her throat and waved to everyone with hand holding the phone. "Hey guys! This is Hazel! The Weavile one!" She let out a giggle
before she continued, "Let's take a moment to get used to our bodies and I'll start writing down who's swapped with who, that sound good?" She smiled, happy to know that everyone could understand her now.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen suddenly felt...different. Taller. Less fuzzy. He couldn't feel his tail anymore, too... He felt...more right.

He looked down at his arms, and screamed in delight.

"I H-HAVE HANDS AGAIN!" He yelled, flexing his fingers, waving them around, relishing in the dexterity he had regained.

They...weren't his hands from his own human body, but still! He had human arms and legs and hands and ears and no fur and no tail and he was actually a human again! He was human again!

Smiling brightly, he looked around for Wallace to hug him...only to see him screeching. The human in a human's body once more began to tremble, and he cautiously approached Wallace, saying, "U-uncle Wallace?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“What’s all this screaming?” Seb asked in confusion as he entered the cove, Zack and Jack flying after him. “Did something happen or are people having a party? Hopefully it’s not—” He stood speechless when he saw all the people acting strange.

Wallace was there, being edgy for some reason. Wait, why was there a Sylveon with him? Where was that Milotic he always had beside him? Violet was there too, but she sounded different. She also acted different; she seemed a lot more excited than he remembered as she nuzzled the Weavile in her grasp. “D-Did everyone go crazy here? I-Is this some sorta psychic’s work?”

Jack slowly approached the shiny Sylveon, just as confused as Seb was. “E… Enora? Is that you?”
"I do not think you are knowing how to talk with signs but maybe you can be using this like the other Hazel does. If you are finding it hard to be looking at, I can be holding it for you. If you are trying to move your head too much you will be making it hurt. I do not think you will be wanting to do that."
Zack cringed at the weird vocabulary ‘Odette’ was using. Who even talked like that in real life? “Milady, why are you talkin’ like that?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
She rubbed at the spot Gladion normally would, where the helmet's weight pressed down on her neck. "You will be being okay."

She pulled Odette's phone from her pocket. "I do not think you are knowing how to talk with signs but maybe you can be using this like the other Hazel does. If you are finding it hard to be looking at, I can be holding it for you. If you are trying to move your head too much you will be making it hurt. I do not think you will be wanting to do that."
Odette felt a hand press against her neck, and it was only then that she realized just how heavy the thing really felt. Then the voice she heard was...her own.

Wide-eyed, she turned her big, weighted head around to see herself, cringing as the helmet put more pressure on her neck as she moved. If she was being truthful, it wasn't entirely distressing to be witnessing her own body like this. Walking around with Odile in that uncanny version of her must have desensitized her to this as well. Nonetheless, she still felt her brow--or rather, whatever it would be called on a Null--furrow as she listened to her own form talk to her so strangely.

"H...Hazel?" she tried to say. Something was weird about this body's ability to speak. Before she knew it, Hazel, as herself, was handing over a cell phone. Odette's own cell phone.

"How would I even..." she tried to say as she reached up one of her clawed hands and tried to take it. She was able to grasp it, but typing messages into it? With talons?

"No," she agreed, even knowing damn well her words weren't getting out correctly. "You're right. It definitely does hurt a little bit."

"̵I̵t̴'̵s̴ ̴u̷t̵t̴e̴r̴l̴y̷ ̷f̵u̶c̷k̵i̶n̷g̵ ̷g̵l̴o̸r̸i̵o̴u̶s̸,̴ ̴i̶s̶ ̶i̵t̵ ̵n̶o̵t̵?̷"̴
Meanwhile, Odile was still having a cow.

"What's glorious about this? You're only so full of yourself because you're in my confident and powerful body you goddamn. Motherfucking. MOOCH."

She was breathing fast. Fast and heavy. The durians she'd felt; they were getting spikier, heavier. Something burned in her fleshy throat, and it was feeling almost tight. Suddenly, she was having a much harder time getting air in. In her better body, she didn't even need to breathe if she didn't want to! But she had to in this one. She fucking hated it.

"This...this is so..." she heaved.

"Odile?" Enora said gingerly as she slithered up next to Wallace...or, Odile now, she supposed. "You sound like you're starting to panic. Just breathe through it, and--"

"How can I breathe through it when this flesh suit doesn't even work?" Odile roared. "What have you done to me? I'm a legendary. I can feel this body dying all around me," she cried in anguish, reaching up to grasp Enora by her new fins.

"And you're going to make it die faster by suffocating yourself," Enora replied gently, an air of sternness still surrounding her words.

"The cells in this form are already rapidly deteriorating, how could I ever make this go any faster?" Odile bleated.

"By freaking out, just like you are right now," Enora shouted.

"̴W̵i̸t̶h̶ ̵a̶l̶l̶ ̷d̷u̸e̷ ̸r̴e̸s̵p̶e̸c̸t̷,̸ ̴I̴'̶d̵ ̶w̷a̴t̷c̶h̴ ̷y̶o̴u̵r̷ ̸f̷u̶c̷k̸i̷n̸g̸ ̷m̶o̷u̷t̷h̷,̵ ̶y̵o̵u̸ ̶p̴u̶n̷y̷,̷ ̴p̸a̸t̴h̸e̸t̶i̸c̷ ̷g̴r̷e̶m̷l̷i̷n̵.̵"̴
Odile paused to consider Enora's words---wait, why the fuck was she a Milotic now? That didn't matter. Durians. A lot of durians. They needed to be tended to.

Though, they simply lit on fire as Wallace had the audacity to keep talking.

"Oh buddy," she quipped. "You're gonna hard regret calling me a puny pathetic gremlin when we switch back."

She stood up, legs shaking, but not enough to where she felt she was going to fall over. She'd walked enough in bipedal forms to be able to handle this. "Have you seen this body of yours? My chopsticks have more meat on them."

"̸O̴D̸I̸L̴E̶ ̴C̶A̶N̵ ̵I̶ ̶B̶E̷A̸T̸ ̸Y̵O̵U̴ ̶U̶P̸ ̵S̸O̶ ̸I̷ ̷C̵A̶N̴ ̵B̷E̴A̶T̷ ̵M̸Y̴S̵E̴L̸F̸ ̶U̵P̷?̶"̵
And suddenly, she was in a defensive stance. "If you come another goddamn step toward me, I will beat you to absolute death."

Actually, no. She couldn't do that. Because Wallace was in the immortal body now.

Holy motherfucking shit.

"That's it. I'm swallowing your latex-y ass whole when we switch back. And it's not gonna taste good, but best believe I'm gonna do it anyway, bitch."

By that point, Enora had her fin wrapped around Odile's waist, pulling her back in case she attempted to run at Wallace. She'd manage the occasional "shhh" or "please calm down" between Odile's frantic carrying on, but it appeared as if nothing was getting through. She wasn't necessarily annoyed by it, because for once, Odile's meltdown was pretty justified. But she was only making it worse by acting this way.

Jack slowly approached the shiny Sylveon, just as confused as Seb was. “E… Enora? Is that you?”
Her ears--or rather, ear holes--perked when she heard her name. She turned her head to see one of the birds. She exhaled sharply to herself, wondering when the hell they'd gotten there.

"No," she said. "It's not. It's my body, but its surely not me."

“Milady, why are you talkin’ like that?”
Odette grit whatever new teeth she had as her body--or Hazel, now--was spoken to. Even though it wasn't necessarily her, it was still her.

"Don't fucking--" she tried to say. But, her words were fucked. So, she fumbled with the phone, struggling to get the words down as fast as she normally would with her human hands. It was a bitch and a half, and when she managed to get something semi-coherent down, she pushed the screen in front of Zack's face.

DO NT CSLL ME MLADY, THX

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“Milady, why are you talkin’ like that?”
Hazel sneered. “I am not being your lady, you fuck. I am thinking no bird would be your lady, you are all wrong.” The word ugly echoed in her head.

"Don't fucking--" she tried to say. But, her words were fucked. So, she fumbled with the phone, struggling to get the words down as fast as she normally would with her human hands. It was a bitch and a half, and when she managed to get something semi-coherent down, she pushed the screen in front of Zack's face.
Hazel heard her voice. It sounded very different outside the helmet- Deeper as it echoed, almost hollow. She was saddened to find that’s what she sounded like to other people.

Odette typed a message. It was then that she realized that she still couldn’t read. She’d thought of it like a skill that came alongside speaking.

It turned out the message wasn’t for her either way. She wondered what it was saying…

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"No," she said. "It's not. It's my body, but its surely not me."
The Farfetch’d turned around towards the Milotic that spoke to him. “Huh? What do you mean? Who am I talking to again?”
DO NT CSLL ME MLADY, THX
Zack stepped back in surprise after the message was basically shoved onto his face. “Woah, who’s this Pokémon here? You look weird. Kinda like a… Bird-cat thing or…” The Pidgeotto looked back-and-forth between Odette and Hazel, becoming dizzy after enough double-checking. “What the hell is this!?”

“Please, I need an explanation of what happened here?” Seb exclaimed, looking around. “Why is Wallace being edgy?”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“Woah, who’s this Pokémon here? You look weird. Kinda like a… Bird-cat thing or…”
Hazel gritted Odette’s teeth. Something burned in her eyes. “It is a situation that I will be dealing with once you are shutting up and going away! Stop being a bother before I decide to teach you regret.”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Zack covered himself with his wings in fear after having been addressed to with aggression. “Ah, no! Alright, alright, I’ll stop!”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Woah, who’s this Pokémon here? You look weird. Kinda like a… Bird-cat thing or…” The Pidgeotto looked back-and-forth between Odette and Hazel, becoming dizzy after enough double-checking. “What the hell is this!?”

“Please, I need an explanation of what happened here?” Seb exclaimed, looking around. “Why is Wallace being edgy?”
Odette could hear the anger in Hazel's words--her own voice. Of course that would manage to shine through, even with an entirely different speech pattern.

She tapped away at her phone screen, before shoving it back toward him. On instinct, she stepped in front of Hazel, as herself, protectively.

MANAPHY. BODDY SWSP. UR NOT HELPIN. DNT CAL HR WEIRF.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
It took long enough for Seb to notice the Donphan in the room. Floating in front of everyone was a Pokémon of peculiar beauty. Adorable, and still evoking a sense of awe. “Wait… Don’t tell me!” He gasped and covered his mouth in delighted shock, eyes wide as he stared at Manaphy. “It’s an actual Legend!? No way!

“Legend?” Zack turned around and saw where Seb was looking. His heart skipped a beat when he saw Manaphy in all their adorable glory. “Holy crap! Is this real?” He knelt down and inclined forward with wings stretched on the ground. “I am honored to be in your presence.”

Jack was the last one to noticed Manaphy, but instead of excitement, he felt curiosity. He rubbed his beak, slinging his leek over his shoulder. “I am honored as well, but we need answers. Your presence here must be an explanation of sorts as to why everyone is acting strange.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“I am honored as well, but we need answers. Your presence here must be an explanation of sorts as to why everyone is acting strange.”
Gods, if Odette had access to her fucking fists right now…

Tap, tap, tap.

BPDY SWAP. EVRY1 IN DIFFRNT BODIES RN. TRIED 2 FND REENA/FRANKLIN. U R NOT HELPING!!!!!!

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Jack turned around and read the message. The sloppy spelling made it difficult to understand, but he was able to discern it. “Oh. That explains why everyone is acting differently. Hopefully it ends soon.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel sighed, her anger flickering out like a candle in the wind. “He is not being our problem anymore, at least.”

She was intrigued by how Odette had moved in front of defensively. It was a familiar gesture to her, but normally she’d been on the other end of it.

“Maybe I should not have been yelling, but I wanted to be trying it while I was having the chance. Is it strange if I was finding it… to feel good? Like resting my head so the pressure from the helmet is coming off.”

A meek look crossed her face. “I am sorry you are being stuck like that… but also I am enjoying not being like that for a while. I promise I will not be wasting your discomfort, I will be appreciating things like having a voice and wind on my face. Thank you for… Even if you were not choosing it, for borrowing your body.”

Last edited:

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
With one arm still firmly wrapped around Weaviolet in a cuddle, Hazel carefully observed the interactions of everyone around and made notes on the pairings that were swapped. Wallace and Odile, check. The other Hazel and Odette, check. From what she could gleam, Victoria and Enora as well. One pretty pokémon to another... even when sharing experiences, it seemed that she could not escape her beauty. Hazel giggled to herself as the thought had crossed her mind. The newcomers were obviously unaffected.

Still... She turned her head down at Weaviolet with a look of concern. Violet was dealt the worse hand between the two; she lost her ability to speak Galarish, and Hazel was uncertain if she could understand Poké-speak, given that she herself had retained that knowledge even in Violet's body. Still, it would be fascinating to think about if Violet did gain that understanding with her new body, and if that knowledge would transfer when they inevitably swapped back.

Nonetheless, Hazel would make full use of the vocal chords and wonderful height advantage she had now. After giving one more scratch to Weaviolet's cheek — So soft...! — the scientist-turned-teen turned her head to the other Hazel and Odette. "Hazel, you can speak now!" She chirped, happy for her fellow-named counterpart, "Oh my goodness, how are you doing my same-named friend? I've had so many questions I've wanted to ask you but couldn't, and—"

Violet cleared her throat, giving a Hazel a serious look as she nudged her head towards Odette.

"O-oh, right, um... Sorry that you're having trouble with your different vocal chords, Odette..." Hazel said, biting the underside of her lips in thought. Holding her own phone in front of the Null, she said, "Here, try using mine for now. It's got a thick coating on top that had let my claws slide along it more easily without scratching it." Realizing a bit of a problem, she added, "...Though I guess it's a bit on the smaller side, huh? Can't hurt to try, though."

Violet, meanwhile grumbled at the fact that she even though she was being treated like a stuffed animal, there was a part of her that actually liked it. Some instinct that made her want to beg for more of those absolutely divine pets and scratches, some part of her that secretly enjoyed being carried around by a taller, stronger girl, even if it was herself. Most prominently though was this odd feeling of familiarity that she couldn't shake off. It was like when a certain blonde-haired girl had talked to her at Mt. Starshine—

Violet took a long blink as her thoughts halted like a screeching train. What was that? It was though her mind was drinking a shake and something suddenly stuck itself in the straw. What's... Mt. Starshine...? She had never heard of it before in her life. And what blonde-haired girl? Who? Her mind tried to conjure the image of those she had met since she had been brought to the present, but no one matched that short description. Maybe she had been confusing it for someone from her era? Why did her head suddenly start hurting again?

She concentrated as hard as she could as she try to snatch those memories back into her consciousness, yet for some reason, a part of her felt like that weren't hers to take. Or rather, they were Violet's, yet didn't belong to her specifically. That feeling was baffling beyond belief. Was this someone from Hazel's past slipping in? That felt like it was the wrong conclusion— why was she so certain about that? What was going on...?

And why did staring at Gladion in particular only make the nudging feeling stronger...?

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's trembling only got worse, and he backed away from his uncle. "P-please don't h-hurt me..." he said, looking absolutely terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom