• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Truth or Dare Crossroads

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Does that Golden Hoopa happen to be in its unbound form? Cause’ whenever I go into my unbound form I go crazy and do a bunch of evil stuff, so much that Arceus himself had to seal that form away. I don’t mind it, though. I feel happier in this form.”
“Yeah, but he was hiding in his smaller form before we washed off his dye job,” Seb replied. He covered himself with a wing during the Rain Dance, looking closely at Hoopa. “And let me be honest, I had my suspicions on you.”

Hoopapkmn

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Ah, the Golden King. Right, right." The man nods and retrieves a parasol from his bag moments before the Rain Dance starts. "Well, you're a very Hoopa-like Hoopa, Hoopa. But how do we know you didn't use a waterproof paint~?" It's clear he's just teasing, but...
”Why would I do that? That would be very inconvenient! Actually, that gives me an idea…”
“Yeah, but he was hiding in his smaller form before we washed off his dye job,” Seb replied. He covered himself with a wing during the Rain Dance, looking closely at Hoopa. “And let me be honest, I had my suspicions on you.”
“Hmm…what exactly convinced you I wasn’t him, huh?”

Dare: Give yourself a paint job.
Object:Bucket of golden body paint.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Hmm…what exactly convinced you I wasn’t him, huh?”
“Uh, well, it was mostly the lack of paint on you.”

Truth: Do you have any experience with the multiverse?
“The multiverse, huh?” Seb looked up with a smile. “It always fascinated me. I always believed it was real. At first it was just wishful thinking, but I got to experience it—even if it was just a small part of it, I was happy. I got to meet an alternate version of Wallace who had some insecurities, a lady who was Guzma’s girlfriend and even a talking Tropius who wanted to be a Trainer!”

Hoopapkmn

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him/his
“Uh, well, it was mostly the lack of paint on you.”
”Lack of paint, huh?” Hoopa said, then jumping into the bucket of golden paint, covering himself in it. “Not anymore!” Hoopa then did an impression of what he believed this “golden king” character to be like.
Oooh, I’m the golden king, fear me! Survival of the fittest! My little Ponyta: Friendship is NOT magic!!!”
Hoopa turned to Seb.
”Was that an accurate impression?” Hoopa asked.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb visibly cringed, his face scrounged up. “N-No, not really.” He quickly turned around, trying to hide his blush. “Sorry, I have some bad memories of that guy.”

Hoopapkmn

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him/his
Hoopa’s smile turned upside down. (Literally, his smile literally turned around 180 degrees to turn into a frown.) “I’m sorry man, I really didn’t mean to hurt you like that.”

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
"I'm imagine it was something to the effect of," and with this the stranger-by-the-moment man clears his throat, appears to meditate for a second, and gives a chillingly accurate (as well as chilling in general) impression. "Kn̵e̷e̴l̸ ̷b̴e̵f̶o̴r̴e̴ ̷t̶h̴y̶ ̴k̶i̶n̵g̴ ̵o̴r̶ ̶p̷e̵r̵i̵s̴h̸."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Kn̵e̷e̴l̸ ̷b̴e̵f̶o̴r̴e̴ ̷t̶h̴y̶ ̴k̶i̶n̵g̴ ̵o̴r̶ ̶p̷e̵r̵i̵s̴h̸."
“AH! Why are you here again, you monster!?” Seb jumped back and raised his wings defensively in fright. After a few seconds, he noticed the absence of the Golden King and glared at no one in particular. “Okay, whoever did that, not cool.” He sighed, relaxing a bit. “I thought I was over this. Guess the trauma runs deep…”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Mhynt snorted, arms crossed as she leaned against a conjured rock. "I don't think I'll be doing any kneeling while around here," she hummed.

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Both, actually," Lee nodded. "The host my spirit is bound to is, lets say, a Giratina at heart, and is also a shapeshifter. That devolution I performed is some of his abilities running off on me." He waved a paw, trailing black cubic sparks behind it as it shifted into a Zoroark's paw, then back to his own.
"Fascinating." Her eyes lingered on the black sparks, a hint of envy lacing her gaze, a part of her wishing that her transformation was more akin to this creature's rather than having to undergo something coming straight out of a horror film.
"While I choose not to do more than devolution and partial transformation, I never bothered to see if I could shift into anything else. I have no reason to be anyone other than me."
Hearing that brought a smile onto her face. "Ah, such a lovely ideal, being oneself is truly the best experience one could ever achieve. Whether or not life will allow you to uphold such an ideal, I wish you the best of luck."

Truth: Which do you prefer: two legs or four legs?
"Whether it's two, four, a hundred or a thousand, I prefer having none. Once you've learned how to fly without the need of limbs, it is a wonderful luxury that simply can't be replicated by anything else."
"Another trap for unwary souls..."

A man appearing to be in his late 20s simply walks into the plane from a rip in midair, dropping the rest of the way at about half the expected speed. With dark hair and brown eyes, he wore a plain red and white robe, looking sort of vaguely Eastern to the humans (former or otherwise). He had an indescribable, yet awe-inspiring air about him. Nothing like a human should have.

"Nice place. Some of them make you stand in line and kidnap you, but this one has tea and games," he remarked, before glancing at the crowd before him. "I even see a couple familiar faces here, in a sense of being here, anyway..." Then he peered at the pillar, giving it a mischievous chuckle.
"You should try a hundred legs sometime~" the stranger playfully said to Shiron. He turned to NEO. "As for your little problem with not being able to keep it down, it is the power of raging flames. In simple terms, think of it as your spirit flaring up while on the brink of defeat in attempt to turn the situation around. The technical and biological explanation would take a while to fully explain."
"You're quite welcome~" he said, going to the teapot. He fixed himself a cup and took a sip. "Dandelion? Hm. Well, I suppose variety is the spice of life."
The strange man with a powerful presence cracks a smirk. "Oh, there's plenty of them out there," he says, without specifying which of them he's talking about.
"Ah, the Golden King. Right, right." The man nods and retrieves a parasol from his bag moments before the Rain Dance starts. "Well, you're a very Hoopa-like Hoopa, Hoopa. But how do we know you didn't use a waterproof paint~?" It's clear he's just teasing, but...
"I'm imagine it was something to the effect of," and with this the stranger-by-the-moment man clears his throat, appears to meditate for a second, and gives a chillingly accurate (as well as chilling in general) impression. "Kn̵e̷e̴l̸ ̷b̴e̵f̶o̴r̴e̴ ̷t̶h̴y̶ ̴k̶i̶n̵g̴ ̵o̴r̶ ̶p̷e̵r̵i̵s̴h̸."
That energy.

Even when hiding in a human body, she could still feel the power radiating from them.

And even after literal milleniums of travelling through different universes and dimensions, she still remembered that aura. She still remembered the being that had thoroughly trounced her and prevented her purges all those years ago.

She watched as the being continued to talk and tease these creatures, an annoyed frown crossing her features when she had to conjure up a small protective dome over her tea cup.

She spoke without skipping a beat, stirring her tea and ignoring the downpour hitting an invisible dome around her. "Fancy meeting you here, Admon Aviaticus. Having fun teasing these creatures? Tch, how long has it been, your 'sacredness'? Two, five, maybe six thousand years since we've last crossed paths?" She paused to take a sip of her tea. "I see you're still as much of a coward as you were before, still hiding behind that human skin suit." She scoffed. "Tell me. Have your worlds gone into anarchy yet like I'd predicted they would've? Are they still standing on their vile path of manipulation and suffering, never once giving a thought to change their accursed mindset?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"This is for the dare. Got it? Don't get any funny ideas."

Once their lips met, however, the trepidation washed away as Roya relaxed into the kiss.

Lurosa returned the kiss with controlled enthusiasm, and allowed herself a small purr, one which this adorable luxray lady would surely feel. Her twin-tails shivered with excitement – this wasn't quite a surprise, but she hadn't anticipated the degree to which the other cat would just go for it. She didn't mind at all, of course.

And neither did she mind letting the luxray choose when to pull away. She was in no rush – and it would only fluster the poor girl all the more.

"Mmm, now that was much more daring," she remarked when at last it ended. "And memorable, at that."

Lurosa smiled sincerely, and gave a small bow of introduction, and trilled lightly. "Let's not be strangers, then! I am Lurosa, and I am pleased to have met you – and kissed you."

Lurosa knew that having some kind of filter between her brain and her mouth would probably do her some good, socially. But in perfect honesty, she simply didn't care. Life was more interesting this way.

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
She spoke without skipping a beat, stirring her tea and ignoring the downpour hitting an invisible dome around her. "Fancy meeting you here, Admon Aviaticus. Having fun teasing these creatures? Tch, how long has it been, your 'sacredness'? Two, five, maybe six thousand years since we've last crossed paths?" She paused to take a sip of her tea. "I see you're still as much of a coward as you were before, still hiding behind that human skin suit." She scoffed. "Tell me. Have your worlds gone into anarchy yet like I'd predicted they would've? Are they still standing on their vile path of manipulation and suffering, never once giving a thought to change their accursed mindset?"

He waved. "Ah, long time no see. I can tell it's you, whatever you're calling yourself now. It's been about...mmm, eighty-some-odd from my world's perspective, about three hundred from my own, but many more from yours." The one known as Admon Aviaticus chuckled, talking to her like an old acquaintance despite the evident hostility. It's pretty evident there's a bit on his end too. "And apparently, it did in an alternate timeline. Digital monster arms race. Long story. I had to step in to stop it. Didn't happen in the prime one, but..." He pauses. Maybe hesitates. "Well, another long story. Besides that, just been the odd groups of fanatics. Nothing the world can't move past, maybe with a little help from your average teenagers/young adults."

He leaned back in midair. "But how've you been? Destroyed any good worlds lately? Expanded your own...skin suit...wardrobe?" He is a bit confused by the term, but he grinned all the same.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Uh, what is going on here?” Seb asked, looking at the two individuals in confusion. “Is this how rival Legends talk to each other? I feel like I’m somewhere I shouldn’t be. Also, what was that about digital monsters? Something about digitized Pokémon or something? I know PCs in Pokémon Centers do that, but…”

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Lurosa returned the kiss with controlled enthusiasm, and allowed herself a small purr, one which this adorable luxray lady would surely feel. Her twin-tails shivered with excitement – this wasn't quite a surprise, but she hadn't anticipated the degree to which the other cat would just go for it. She didn't mind at all, of course.

And neither did she mind letting the luxray choose when to pull away. She was in no rush – and it would only fluster the poor girl all the more.

"Mmm, now that was much more daring," she remarked when at last it ended. "And memorable, at that."
"G-Good," Roya replied as she turned her away and gave the Espeon a full view of her rosy cheeks. "Glad that's settled then. I did the dare. Now—"
The Pillar shifted at once to stark white, and a rolling fog expanded from its base, rippling across the earth. In its wake, great snowdrifts blossomed up as though being pushed clean through the ground. Frost glittered on the carved stone that had been the plaza, the water spray from the fountain crystallizing. Again, the idea of winter, but lacking the physicality of it. Mist formed from breath despite the apparent temperature remaining balmy.
Sparks flew out of the Luxray as she let out a mewl at the sudden change in appearance. Her frazzled tail stuck straight into the air as she instinctively scrunched her legs inward. However, after a brief few seconds and sensing no change in temperature, she slowly let out a sigh of relief as she relaxed her stance. Her misty breath caused her eye to twitch, but she at least kept her composure.
Lurosa smiled sincerely, and gave a small bow of introduction, and trilled lightly. "Let's not be strangers, then! I am Lurosa, and I am pleased to have met you – and kissed you."
Her ears perked up as the Espeon spoke once more. "Oh, uh, it's Roya," she said as her tail curled. "Nice to meet ya too. But what did I tell you about no funny business?!" The Luxray's eyes narrowed as she lowered her head in an attempt to intimidate. She paid no mind to the heart-shape her tail had made.

Roya let out a scoff. "Whatever. You part of this whole dream thing too, or do you just get sick kicks off watchin' people dance for you?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Lurosa laughed freely; this one was too easy to wind up.

"Definitely the sick kicks," she replied, deadpan. "I'm a scientist of sorts, and I sent myself here intentionally, hoping to prove that I could contact spirits from other worlds. Of course, now that I'm here, I cannot help but be myself."

She smiled again, bright-eyed. Like most espeon, Lurosa's eyes were strangely ethereal – white pupils tended to give that effect – and seeing who minded it was something she tended to try for early on in any meeting.

"And who I am, on occasion—"

Lurosa scooped up a pawful of snow and deftly compacted it with her tails.

"—is a maker of mischief."

She launched the snowball at Roya's head with a fae grin.

What better way existed to figure out what other people were like than to play with them a little?

Hoopapkmn

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him/his
He waved. "Ah, long time no see. I can tell it's you, whatever you're calling yourself now. It's been about...mmm, eighty-some-odd from my world's perspective, about three hundred from my own, but many more from yours." The one known as Admon Aviaticus chuckled, talking to her like an old acquaintance despite the evident hostility. It's pretty evident there's a bit on his end too. "And apparently, it did in an alternate timeline. Digital monster arms race. Long story. I had to step in to stop it. Didn't happen in the prime one, but..." He pauses. Maybe hesitates. "Well, another long story. Besides that, just been the odd groups of fanatics. Nothing the world can't move past, maybe with a little help from your average teenagers/young adults."

He leaned back in midair. "But how've you been? Destroyed any good worlds lately? Expanded your own...skin suit...wardrobe?" He is a bit confused by the term, but he grinned all the same.
"Ok, when I first saw you I sensed an ominous aura from you, and apparently you and the person you're talking to are multiversal conquerors or something like that? Also, you aren't human? Are the two of you the same species or something? Please just clear this up, I don't want to be in the same universe as two multiverse-conquering tyrants.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Roya let out a flat laugh of her own at Lurosa's snark. Even so, her eyes brightened at the mention of her occupation. "Really? What kinda science do ya look into? Well, 'sides, y'know..." She gestured a paw towards their surroundings. "Unless that's your main thing?"

The Luxray had been more than used to gazing beyond what was in front of her after her evolution. She returned a soft smirk of her eye as she started into those mystical-looking eyes. What could be read from them? What was past their glow? A soft flick of the tail for playfulness? A lick of the paw to show someone well-groomed? Or perhaps just the boundlessness of curiosity. Roya had certainly been intrigued to look into them further.

At least, until she suddenly had a faceful of snow. She sputtered and coughed as she accidentally swallowed some bits that had melted on her tongue — not realizing her mouth had been slightly open while she was eying up the Espeon.

Roya let out a growl as she let her fangs show. "I'm gonna wipe that smug grin off'a your face," she challenged before rolling up a ball of snow with her own paws and tossing it.

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
He tilts his head toward the impromptu snowball fight. "Interesting. This is only simulated, and yet, the snow appears to be as real as is believed. Shame I can't bring Wyn here. They love snowball fights."

“Uh, what is going on here?” Seb asked, looking at the two individuals in confusion. “Is this how rival Legends talk to each other? I feel like I’m somewhere I shouldn’t be. Also, what was that about digital monsters? Something about digitized Pokémon or something? I know PCs in Pokémon Centers do that, but…”
"You know. ♫Digimon! ♫Digital Monsters! ♫Digimons are the champions?" He pauses dramatically then drops his arms. "No? Hm. Well, imagine that Porygon there, just a whole subspecies with far more power and based off a TV show. I think that's how their creator made them, anyway."

"Ok, when I first saw you I sensed an ominous aura from you, and apparently you and the person you're talking to are multiversal conquerors or something like that? Also, you aren't human? Are the two of you the same species or something? Please just clear this up, I don't want to be in the same universe as two multiverse-conquering tyrants.
Admon laughs a little. "Oh, I'm human." It doesn't feel as if he's lying, but rather, that he isn't telling the whole truth. Then again, when Seb mentions legends, it might make something click - he sort of has the same intensity as one. "Multiversal describes both of us, but conqueror wouldn't befit either of us."

Hoopapkmn

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him/his
"You know. ♫Digimon! ♫Digital Monsters! ♫Digimons are the champions?" He pauses dramatically then drops his arms. "No? Hm. Well, imagine that Porygon there, just a whole subspecies with far more power and based off a TV show. I think that's how their creator made them, anyway."

Admon laughs a little. "Oh, I'm human." It doesn't feel as if he's lying, but rather, that he isn't telling the whole truth. Then again, when Seb mentions legends, it might make something click - he sort of has the same intensity as one. "Multiversal describes both of us, but conqueror wouldn't befit either of us."
"If you guys aren't conquerors, are you perhaps creation deities like Arceus? Also, Digimon actually exist in another universe? What's next, you're gonna tell us that there's a universe where there's invisible creatures called Yo-Kai that influence the behaviors of humans?"

Top Bottom