• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Truth or Dare Crossroads

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"What is Alola?" Eco, a Vikavolt, asked. "Somewhere that you're from, I'm assuming? We all are apparently from some different world, or something like that." she shrugged. "Would be a bit interesting to know more about these 'worlds' out there."
“What?”

Seb was bewildered, but he maintained his composure. A Vikavolt who didn’t know the name of her home region? That was a first to him.

“I mean, aren’t you from Alola? This tropical region composed of four islands?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I don't dream about other Pokemon, ever." Eco retorted defensively. "Don't go around trying to imply those sorts of things."

Lee deadpanned slightly. "You were the one asking if you were dreaming."

And he then remembered this was still a game of truth or dare... now to think of a prompt. Could always do some variation of a "classic" truth.

Truth: What was the most embarrassing thing you've ever witnessed.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Unfortunately, Arctozolt is only half electric-type. And as a bolt of lightning struck their lower half, they yelped, before swearing and looking for the source.

Soon, they saw the Porygon, and stuck their neck out towards them. A second later, they marched towards them, and cast a Powder Snow at the Porygon, tail thrashing.

UnknownUser55

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him.
“I mean, aren’t you from Alola? This tropical region composed of four islands?”

"This 'Alola' is probably some region that exists in a world outside of mine." Eco shook her head slowly. "Any idea as to why you'd think I'm from there?"

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Steven and Wallace, my..." Shoot, did the people here know what polygamy was, much less accept it? "...Uh, my... roommates? Yeah, I would kill for them in self defense."
Shiron heard it, processing it. Both common names, but together?

Steven and Wallace.

The Steven and Wallace?

From Hoenn? His region?

His eyes sparkled. "E-Excuse me! You know them?! I-I'm from Hoenn, and I always wanted to meet them!"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"This 'Alola' is probably some region that exists in a world outside of mine." Eco shook her head slowly. "Any idea as to why you'd think I'm from there?"
“Well, you’re a Vikavolt, and those Pokémon come from Alola, so… Unless you’re from another universe where Alola doesn’t exist.”
"I'm already really happy! I'm a bird! I'm a bird!"
Seb couldn’t help but look at the Ducklett with a bit of confusion. He had so many questions, one of which he said out loud to her to test the waters. And if the mention of those familiar names was something to go by, then that gave him more incentive to pry. “Hello? What’s your name?”

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Oh God this was really happening.

He continued to beam, eyes sparkling as he slowly shook her wing. "I'm Shiron, I'm from Lilycove! Or... I was, but I don't live there anymore. Anyway, it's a pleasure, ma'am!"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
She laughed. “That’s fair. I’m not sure I’d buy it either, though it’s hardly the strangest thing happening here. You’re talking, too, after all. The line between human and inhuman is blurred here regar-”
Roya snorted. "'Course I talk. I look like a feral to you?" She flashed her sharp yet pearly white fangs.
Lillia growled quietly at the luxray's dare. An easy one, at that... if she had proper hands!

Well... might as well give it a shot. She took a deep breath and shoved her muzzle as far into the cup as it would go, splashing half the contents out of the cup. The temperature didn't bother her in the slightest. She managed to drain the tea from the cup easily - at least, the half that remained.
"Not bad, not bad at all," she remarked as a smirk curled onto her lips. "Though I don't think showerin' in the tea was part of the dare. You do you, though."

As the land shifted to desert, the Luxray's tail rose as she settled further in her seat. "Now this is more like it..." she murmured with a yawn as her paw flicked at the front of her maw. "Feels like home, only not as—"
Prim slapped the heat-shimmer of the Pillar, and it shifted once again. The desert's purple shadows gave way to dappled light beneath deciduous trees, and a gentle breeze orbited the Pillar to move them. A plaza of carved stone carpeted with moss and lichen lay beneath the Whispering Pillar's new form, a fountain of water from which a fine spray gently fell.
The Luxray let out a whine as her fur spiked on end from the gentle rain. "What's the big idea?!" She yelled out. "Ya don't splash water on a gal tryin' to lounge!" With a huff, Roya flicked her tail and start to trot away. Too cold. Too much noise. Too much water.
And now that nobody was singing any longer... She placed her empty cup down on thin air, and it dissipated into particles of light.
Her ears perked up as the voice of an angel had filled her thoughts. The Luxray slowly turned and stepped towards the Espeon as her tail curled with intrigue. "Ain't that somethin'..." she remarked before clearing her throat. "Howdy. Wanted to give ya kudos for that nice song. Don't get too hear too much of that where I'm around."

Roya's piercing red and yellow eyes inspected the Espeon from head to twin-tipped tail. "'An art to life's distraction'. Meanin' like, jobs, right?" She hypothesized, hoping that the lyrical analysis could be an engaging topic. She placed a paw beneath her chin. "But what do you feel like it all means?"

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
The powder snow hit Porygon -

a rush of nostalgia, falling in snow...

but it hurt.

The ice pierced into Porygon's carapace body. In reflex, Porygon burst out with Sunny Day.

UnknownUser55

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him.
“Well, you’re a Vikavolt, and those Pokémon come from Alola, so… Unless you’re from another universe where Alola doesn’t exist.”
"Different worlds have their own sorts of places, I suppose." Eco shrugged. "For every star in the universe is another universe. The multiverse stretches on for probably forever, and we Pokemon are only capable of knowing what's there in our own worlds."

A pause, then Eco's eyes faintly glowed in the dark.

Truth: What sort of world do you live in?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The chimera growled, and retaliated with their own weather. A hailstorm enveloped the nearby area, chunks of ice pelting the ground.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
That one caught her attention, and she hadn't really done a Truth yet. Only the dare of her tea. "I can answer this one as well," she commented. "I'm from... a world that failed. It's a world where you cannot die. If you do die, you are instead reborn from the earth with a little less of yourself each time. Die too much, and you're a mindless blob of a person that only acts on hostile instincts. The sky is dark and there is no sunlight, only a dim reddish purple glow through a polluted sky of twilight."

She sipped her tea.

"The food isn't very good, either."

As is customary, she added an extra truth. "Here's a question related to the world I just described."

Truth: What scares you more: forever or finite?

UnknownUser55

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him.
Truth: What was the most embarrassing thing you've ever witnessed.
The dispute between Porygon and Arctozolt was more than enough to provide as Eco's response, spectating them with an unamused look visible on her.

"Watching Pokemon fight like children is certainly one of them." Eco snorted.

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Arctozolt's hailstorm whipped away any trace of Porygon's sunlight.

There was something else they needed to do, something they needed to say--

all they could do was wait it out as their body produced more and more electricity, clawing out at anyone nearby.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Arctozolt stepped back, away from the snapping mass of electricity. They grumbled, "This place sucks..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
(How do you do those quote-like parts of the message? I see that it's not a quote, so I'm confused.)
(You click the quotation marks in the textbox's toolbar)

Lee watched the others bicker and squabble, finding it all amusing enough to chuckle. "What a lively group. I almost do not mind the senseless loudness of it all," he said.

Truth: What scare you more: forever or finite?

"Forever or finite? I do not really care for either, but as I found company I would gladly spend eternity with, I would be less favorable of finite," Lee hummed, arms crossed. "Perhaps if you asked me some months ago when I lived for myself, I would have a different answer. Or maybe I wouldn't."

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Porygon felt the Arctozolt's reaction. The electricity tampered down to a few sparks.

Suddenly, they found their voice.

"You don't... like battling with me...?"

Top Bottom