• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Anyway, I had a look back and yeah, I was one of the first to bring up that the covno was unproductive. Prior to that, it was all about Mudsdale and how two messages were sent last night.]]
[[SICK, okay, thanks for that. I’ll definitely reevaluate then.]]

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
[[Ehhhhhh, part of me still hesitant to vote anyone atm even though, as I did when I went over that old thread again, I'm seeing really solid-sounding arguments for not abstaining--day one or otherwise.

Granted, sometimes I mistake confident for solid, so keep that in mind wrt any credence I lend to anybody else's theories from here on out.

On reflection, though, both on their actions and others' reads, I suppose there's a couple of potential candidates I could cast a vote for from where I stand. From most to least sus:

AbraPunk (Antares): Sorry, but going after the snowclone does still strike me as a bit desperate--a little too eager to get the ball rolling, and on flimsy reasoning to boot.

Starlight Aurate (Archie): I feel like you've been a little less forthcoming about the nature of your message than Dragonfree (May). This, combined with the fact that you weren't the first to claim receiving a message, has kind of left me wondering if there really was a second message.

Chibi Pika (Jet): Admittedly I'm not really used to seeing you advocate for a day 1 elim, at least based on my previous games with you. That said, I'm not generally one to vote for anyone day 1, either, and admittedly part of my hesitance to do so is out of a concern that others might typecast me based on my history of abstaining. Consider this scumread pillowy soft.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
for a day 1 elim, at least based on my previous games with you. That said, I'm not generally one to vote for anyone day 1, either, and admittedly part of my hesitance to do so is out of a concern that others might typecast me based on my history of abstaining. Consider this scumread pillowy soft
They're not, I don't think. As far as I can tell they have every intention of switching to abstain by the EoD.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
I remember Abra's scum play being extremely "jumpy" in Humble Vale, so it really struck me as "Oh I was told to scumhunt, AH LOOK SOMETHING I CAN POINT OUT TO SCUMHUNT AH I'M TRYING TO BE HELPFUL SO I DON'T LOOK SUS AS FUCK."

[[ ...because I'm at least trying to do something this time around, instead of being the quite literal deadweight that I was in every other game? (No, this isn't guilt tripping or anything like that. I genuinely did little to nothing in every previous game I had played, and very nearly got two people [myself included] voted off on day 1 in the "vanilla namo" game.) So yeah, I'm not anywhere near a good mafia player, but at least I'm putting in some effort to try and do something productive. Besides, multiple people have, off-forum, told me that I need to actually make some attempt to mafia hunt. So that's what I'm trying to do. ]]

Also, might I add that they were just pinged for reads by Jackie/Yellow and all they said was "I have nothing." They were VERY gung ho to try digging into me until everyone collectively told them the line of thought wasn't tracking, but when presented the opportunity to perhaps further scumhunt with a clearer line of thought, they dodged it? Just saying.

[[ I literally have no strong opinions on anyone at this time (besides my previous suspicion of you which was cleared because I made a stupid god damn mistake?) Literally everyone seems town, obviously meaning I can't trust anybody because the whole point of this game is to blend in and be as teeny as possible while also.... not. Yknow. ]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm still a bit tired, out of it and I tried to reread some stuff but didn't really feel like I gained any intel. Perhaps we should go ahead and lynch someone.

I just hate lynching without even an inkling of a sus. But thats the nature of the thing. I do feel like I feel mildly more sus of Starlight, for speaking about the message second, when Free spoke up first, and said more?

But thats hardly a gurantee scumtell or anything, but its easier to fabricate the possibility of two mailmen or smth? It's a long shot though. ]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Ah hell, why did I bold those. Those are not votes, just so we're clear.
Jet raised a paw to high-five the Nosepass (or at least the Voice above the Nosepass??) "Hell yeah, three votes!" That was a lot. She was definitely gonna need to step it up if she wanted to top that.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I think I remember them contributing some other stuff as well? But I can't recall what. Regardless, I do think that starting voting was a good thing, it got discussion really rolling while before it was mostly just lingering on mechanics stuff. Which I see as generally towny.
[[From what I remember reading specifically from their posts, it just struck me as like…agreeing with what was being said in the moment. However in the time I was typing out my reads it seems that Chibi posted more so I’ll also go back and revisit it for double assurance I have my reads straight.

I do agree that Inke was more agressive in Humble Vale, but I don't know that that's scumindicative? I think her aggression in the previous ganes could well have been an attempt to make her townread her more, and if she's town in this game then she'd be less focused on that which means it'd kinda makes sense for her to be less aggressive in that case?
Yeah Inke kinda chimed in with that already, she wasn’t town in those games (though wasn’t she town aligned in Humble Vale??? TP but town aligned???). Idk with that in mind it just struck me odd the gameplay changed, but her reasoning makes sense. Another one I will go back through.]]

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
Jet raised a paw to high-five the Nosepass (or at least the Voice above the Nosepass??) "Hell yeah, three votes!" That was a lot. She was definitely gonna need to step it up if she wanted to top that.

[[I had the oddest feeling just now. Almost as if a mustelid of some sort just tried to slap me.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
[[Yellow here! Okay, I admit that the vote on DW was poorly handled and I understand why it looks sus. Allow me to explain that it was combination of fumbling my communication with Jackie and bad timing. We were in agreement to vote for DW, and at the time I’d only seen her minimal first post, and wasn’t sure if she was planning on elaborating at all, which is why I felt confident casting the vote. I have a bad habit of getting impatient/pushy on D1; I’m working on it. 😅

Take it or leave it, but I apologize for coming on too strong, as that really wasn’t my intention, I just wanted to at least get some sort of info before EoD.

As for why the vote hasn’t changed yet, please keep in mind that we are not going to change votes quickly because Jackie and I have to confirm with one another before doing so. I feel bad for getting us into a hole with my poor play earlier, so I’m taking a step back to let Jackie share more of their thoughts. —Yellow]]

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I just wanna make people fight cuz if they fight, then they'll say the wrong thing and give themselves away," Jet replied with a self-satisfied grin. It was a smart plan and she came up with it by herself without her dumb Voice saying anything.

[[I'll... explain a bit better. I don't mind abstaining and tbh I'm usually in favor of it because the last thing I wanna do is random-lynch the cop or something. The problem is that if we all agree on abstaining without any dissent or attempts at voting, there's not much to sus people for come Day 2. In Namo's last game we abstained two days in a row which was pretty much the most embarrassing thing to happen in the history of the TR meta. :unquag:]]

Kichiro peered over towards Jet. For a brief moment he thought he saw someone he recognized, only to realize this was a different Floatzel entirely. The Ledian's gaze lingered a moment, before he let out a disappointed sigh and leaned back in his seat.

[[ Oh, so it’s more about the process of voting than the actual result? That makes sense then. And yeah, I can understand why some of you are hesitant to abstain voting if that happened last game 😅

I just keep thinking back to the Grand Opening Mafia where we also abstained voting on the first day, and things turned out quite well that game.

[[Howdy! Jackie again, posting an argument in favour of D1 eliminations.

Hm! Interesting arguments. Still can't help but feel a bit hesitant about lynching someone at random though. What if we for example accidently lynch the cop or the doctor? ]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Yellow here! Okay, I admit that the vote on DW was poorly handled and I understand why it looks sus. Allow me to explain that it was combination of fumbling my communication with Jackie and bad timing. We were in agreement to vote for DW, and at the time I’d only seen her minimal first post, and wasn’t sure if she was planning on elaborating at all, which is why I felt confident casting the vote. I have a bad habit of getting impatient/pushy on D1; I’m working on it. 😅

Take it or leave it, but I apologize for coming on too strong, as that really wasn’t my intention, I just wanted to at least get some sort of info before EoD.

As for why the vote hasn’t changed yet, please keep in mind that we are not going to change votes quickly because Jackie and I have to confirm with one another before doing so. I feel bad for getting us into a hole with my poor play earlier, so I’m taking a step back to let Jackie share more of their thoughts. —Yellow]]
[[This post is not doing a ton for me.

The initial "I admit it looks bad" coming now when there are multiple people coming after them for it and someone voting them instead of just me feels selfpresy. I feel like a town player would be inclined to admit this much earlier if they did so, instead of waiting till there were enough people on them to potentially kill them.

Both Jackie and Yellow have responded since saying they've felt better about me I believe, so they've had the opportunity to confirm at least a decision to remove the vote, even if they hadn't necessarily agreed upon where to put it next. If you've decided the person you're voting isn't scummy there's no obligation to have a new vote the second you unvote.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Hm! Interesting arguments. Still can't help but feel a bit hesitant about lynching someone at random though. What if we for example accidently lynch the cop or the doctor?
We're not lynching randomly. We're actively figuring out who appears the most scumlike, and lynching them. Trying to do this increases the odds that the person we lynch is not town compared to spinning a roullette wheel.

And if we lynch cop or doc? We move on. Sure, it would suck that we didn't have a role that can confirm people town or stop the Mafia nightkill. Ganes have been won without them. PRs alone do not win games. They help, sure, but it is absolutely entirely necessary to actually form reads on people. That's what wins games.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jet thought for a while about changing her vote. She made sure to say, "Hmmmmmmmm" really loud so that people would hear her and know that she was thinking really hard. "Nope, I think I'm gonna leave it. You guys have fun, I'm gonna go nap," she announced, turning and walking off.

[[Welp, time for class, and DST means that it starts before EoD now. Could always force an extension if we really have nothing to go on, but that has to happen in the final hour, so someone else has gotta do it.

Regarding NeoLurosa, I don't think anyone's obligated to insta-unvote the second there's any resistance. Myself, I rarely unvote at all, I usually just replace it with a different vote later. Not gonna scumread someone over a purely stylistic thing.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Regarding NeoLurosa, I don't think anyone's obligated to insta-unvote the second there's any resistance. Myself, I rarely unvote at all, I usually just replace it with a different vote later. Not gonna scumread someone over a purely stylistic thing.
[[You're not obligated to unvote if people disagree with you, of course not. But leaving a vote on someone you don't think is scum is an excellent way to kill townies.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Leaving a vote on someone does absolutely nothing unless it's still there end of day. Anyway, I'm leaving mine, so make of that what you will.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
[[Jackie and Yellow here! We don't read you as Town either, Dawning! Yellow only said she felt slightly better about her read on you. We have yet to agree on a better target, and nobody has presented one. Stay posted, I suppose!]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Jackie and Yellow here! We don't read you as Town either, Dawning! Yellow only said she felt slightly better about her read on you. We have yet to agree on a better target, and nobody has presented one. Stay posted, I suppose!]]
I must've misinterpreted some of your posts, my bad. I recall Jackie saying they had no strong scumreads (and I could've sworn I was somebody) and Yellow saying I was better which I guess my brain somehow misequated to "DW = not exactly scummy". Sorry.

[[Leaving a vote on someone does absolutely nothing unless it's still there end of day. Anyway, I'm leaving mine, so make of that what you will.]]
Sure, but its getting pretty close to the EoD, so unless people are actually finding me scummy for my posts that I've made, it might be worth exploring other options.

Top Bottom