• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[What Homestar's suspicion of Shiny Phantump is getting at is not that she edited something, but that in summarizing the roles she failed to mention something relevant (rolecop getting a vanilla result for serial killer) and added in information that wasn't known upfront (all the vanillas getting hints). However, she wasn't summarizing the entire wiki pages for the roles anyway and I doubt she went out of her way to read all of them (I sure haven't read every wiki page for every standard role), and we've already established the vanilla information being a thing that all the vanilla players were told, so I don't think either of those things mean anything.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Pardon me. I don't follow Home Depot's reasoning about why Lyn/Hazel are sus.]]
[[this is by far the best thing I've ever read all thread and made my evening]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[What Homestar's suspicion of Shiny Phantump is getting at is not that she edited something, but that in summarizing the roles she failed to mention something relevant (rolecop getting a vanilla result for serial killer) and added in information that wasn't known upfront (all the vanillas getting hints). However, she wasn't summarizing the entire wiki pages for the roles anyway and I doubt she went out of her way to read all of them (I sure haven't read every wiki page for every standard role), and we've already established the vanilla information being a thing that all the vanilla players were told, so I don't think either of those things mean anything.]]
[[Yeah, that sums it up, and like I said, it's a very weak take.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Anyway I can finally go back now and reread this morning's posts properly while not groggy/trying to work, hang on]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"No talking until the magic hat goes on, Frigimon," Mike miked mikishly. He pulled off a shoe, then a sock, rolled the sock into a tight ball, and perched it on the top of the snowman on the top of the cube.

"What--?" Kent still couldn't see outside, but he knew something was going on. He just couldn't be bothered to actually go outside. "What are you even doing?"

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"What--?" Kent still couldn't see outside, but he knew something was going on. He just couldn't be bothered to actually go outside. "What are you even doing?"
"Building you a statue in your image," Mike replied. He paused. "Effigy? I feel like you burn effigies. Snow is hard to burn. And I don't wanna burn it yet.

"Reme," Mike called to the other side of the cube, "do you have something to use for hand-eyes? He has eyes in his hands, yeah?"

"But don't toss it," Mike giggled, "because, unlike Kent, I have bad hand-eye coordination."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Building you a statue in your image," Mike replied. He paused. "Effigy? I feel like you burn effigies. Snow is hard to burn. And I don't wanna burn it yet

What the fuck.

"Uh, may I ask... why you're doing that?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[ @TheGOAT if you are vanilla town as you claim and you are indeed unlikely to get caught up, would you mind giving us your hint info? Otherwise I don't see it being useful. Pardon me if you already mentioned it]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
What the fuck.

"Uh, may I ask... why you're doing that?"
"Well it was supposed to be a group effort since we've pretty much figured out what to do today," Mike sassed the crowd, "but I have my reasons. Mostly because you asked for this, might I remind you."

Mike, thankful for his waterproof boots, began to kick great heaps of snow against one side of the cube. Steam rolled from his head and out of his mouth as he worked, doing all he could to not think about their fate.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I guess I spent a lot of yesterday analyzing the crap out of everyone’s posts, and the main reason I was suspicious of Anti was because Bartholomew has, very randomly, placed them high on their townreads despite the fact that he’s been flying wayyyy under the radar the whole game and voted for a complete rando on D1.

Also let it be known that I’m not pushing for anyone to vote for Anti today, and I’ve had time to reconsider my defense of Altair (though if Anti does flip scum at any point, I’m gonna say I TOLD YOU SO lol.) Tomorrow I’ll be aggressively pushing for a vote on Bart but for today I’ll go with Altair.

Also can we get @SparklingEspeon ’s thoughts on any of this? I’ve seen like maybe five posts from them total.]]

Unvote: Bartholomew
Vote: Altair

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Reme," Mike called to the other side of the cube, "do you have something to use for hand-eyes? He has eyes in his hands, yeah?"

"But don't toss it," Mike giggled, "because, unlike Kent, I have bad hand-eye coordination."

Reme groaned loudly as she reached into her bag, which led into light chuckles. "For the love of Arceus, you're awful. You're lucky I have... yes, I have some wonder orbs. Duds." She pulled out two smaller-than-normal wonder orbs, glistening a brilliant emerald, and brought them over to the worst joker she ever heard.

"They look expensive, but honestly they're absolutely worthless. I will assume wonder orbs aren't a regular occurrence to humans, so I'll just say these don't do anything. I only keep them around for ammunition whenever I need to use my slingshot."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[There are an even number of vanilla mafia and vanilla town total. That’s what the hint said.]]
[[...Huh, that's some interesting/unexpected information. Some of the possible mafia compositions we've been discussing would involve them only having one or two goons, but then we'd have too many vanilla claims by now, right? So either the mafia has more goons than that (and thus either six people total or one power role max), or at least some of the purported vanilla information we've already heard is made up. (Full disclosure: kiiind of leaning towards this information being made up at the moment.)]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[...Huh, that's some interesting/unexpected information. Some of the possible mafia compositions we've been discussing would involve them only having one or two goons, but then we'd have too many vanilla claims by now, right? So either the mafia has more goons than that (and thus either six people total or one power role max), or at least some of the purported vanilla information we've already heard is made up. (Full disclosure: kiiind of leaning towards this information being made up at the moment.)]]
[[H-How on earth do one and two goons both result in an odd total? If one goon can't be the case because it would be odd, then two would be even and so fair game, and vice versa]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[while I'm leaning that this info might be fake right now, I do want to go over a few possible setups in my head in a scenario where it's true.

4 Mafia setup
-1 rolecop, 1 doctor, 2 goons
-1 rolecop, 1 bulletproof, 2 goons.
-1 doctor, 1 bulletproof, 2 goons (only feasible if 2 town rolecop or yellow is lying, extremely unlikely)

6 mafia setup (note, some of these feel way too powerful imo with 2 lover sets. I really doubt this.)
-1 rolecop, 1 doctor, 4 goons
-1 rolecop, 1 bulletproof, 4 goons
-1 rolecop, 1 doctor, 1 bulletproof, 1 other powerole, 2 goons.

And just for the sake of argument bc I know someone will bring it up otherwise.
5 mafia setup (Only works if Fuse faked his info.)
-1 powerole (rolecop, doctor, or bulletproof)
-1 each of rolecop/doctor/bulletproof

Note, all of these are with the caveat that the juggernaut shot is shared between goons. If it's not then a few additional possibilities open up]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[OH, wait, an even number as in not odd, not the same number of vanilla townies and vanilla goons. Okay, got it, that makes a lot more sense.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem rose up and grumbled, like he'd heard something. "Alright," he said with a growl. "I suppose considering the subject matter going on here and there, I should talk about it in some detail for those unfamiliar with the ritual."

And once again, like he was under some kind of contractual obligation, the whiteboard returned.

Mafia Tutorial, Part 2: Claims and Counterclaims

"Mafia is often a ritual about unknowns, deception, and deduction. In one as soft as this, anything that is not outright confirmed by me or my rules is free game to interpret, lie about, guess, and deduce until it is somehow confirmed in other ways. Along with that, it is an inherent mystery who has what roles or powers, as the entire point of the game is to eliminate those on the opposing side."

Diyem glanced at nobody in particular, but very clearly toward those who remained after two nights had passed. "As you have already seen in action, people are free to claim whatever they want, and people are free to doubt whatever they want, too. Everything could be a lie, or everything could be the truth. It is not impossible that mafia would speak truths in an effort to gain favor and credibility with town; additionally, it is possible for town, particularly powerless roles, to make false claims to draw attention away from the real power among them.

"However, everything comes with a risk. Make the wrong bluff, and if it is called, it could spell doom for not just you, but your entire faction if the momentum keeps up. Bluffs, and who agrees with them, can cast ripple effects of doubt across your entire playing field. Alternatively... who buys your bluff can also give away who may be working against you, or for you, depending on how they utilize it."

Diyem sighed, converting the chalkboard into a letter to toss toward the others.

"In any case, the day is almost halfway over. I'll give the current standings."

--

Midday votes:

Altair: 9 (Windskull, Homestar, Dragonfree, Equitial, Abra, Phant, Fusion, Flyg0n, Yellow)
Bartholomew: 1 (Chibi)

No vote: Persephone, unrepentantAuthor, Sinderella, Inkedust, Espeon, Goat

Last edited:

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Reme groaned loudly as she reached into her bag, which led into light chuckles. "For the love of Arceus, you're awful. You're lucky I have... yes, I have some wonder orbs. Duds." She pulled out two smaller-than-normal wonder orbs, glistening a brilliant emerald, and brought them over to the worst joker she ever heard.

"They look expensive, but honestly they're absolutely worthless. I will assume wonder orbs aren't a regular occurrence to humans, so I'll just say these don't do anything. I only keep them around for ammunition whenever I need to use my slingshot."

"Oooh, brilliant," Mike almost sang as he accepted the little gifts. "The trick is going to be getting them to stick to the hands. Maybe if..." He proceeded to build up some lumpy arms from either side of the SnowMon for the spheres to hold...

[[I wish I could contribute more, but when it comes to things like "possible compositions," I simply don't have the experience to put forth much of value.

I also slam-dunked an interview and, long story short, may have a full time job starting next week. So expect much less Mikeposting going forward!]]

Top Bottom