• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"Ohhh," Ferry said, his eye twitching. "You're talking. You can talk. Oh." He slumped to the ground and held his hands in his head. "Okay."
Mike looked over, relieved to hear someone having the same kind of I'm-really-not-sure-whether-this-is-happening-or-not crisis as he was, only to find the words...

They had to have come from the Lucario, slumped over on the ground with their head in their hands. Where else could they have come from? The excitable Houndoom?

Mike rubbed his eyes as hard as he could. He blinked away stars. And, yes, the Lucario was still there, in the exact right body language to have remarked what he now wanted to remark.

"That's funny, Robin," Mike spoke, a little quieter than before, "but I can think for myself, thanks. Where are we?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes saw movement out of the corner of his eye and barely managed to react in time; dark tendrils lapped at his ankles and he stumbled briefly before he was able to right himself. Damn, was the Mafia going to start attacking in broad daylight this time?

He whipped around with a snarl and drew his dagger from under his coat. “What the hell is your problem?” he snapped.

"Ooh, you got a knife, motherfucker? I'm so frightened. Heheh... bitch." Kent slowly advanced towards Wes, seemingly not caring about the knife.

"I mean, shit, all I wanted was a civil conversation, and you're over here being an ass!"

He sighed dramatically. "But if it's a fight you want, then it's a fight you'll fucking get." Kent stopped only a few paces away from Wes and got into a fighting stance.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Ohhh," Ferry said, his eye twitching. "You're talking. You can talk. Oh." He slumped to the ground and held his hands in his head. "Okay."

Ebony paused, staring at him in bewilderment. "...Yes?" She thought for a bit, and then helpfully added, "So are you."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"This is extre-xtre-xtremely strange...perhaps this is some sort of extra myste-ste-sterious mystery dungeon?" PNS-NT said, floating past Mike, Ferry, and Ebony. "Does anyo-nyo-nyone have an escape orb?"

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Ebony paused, staring at him in bewilderment. "...Yes?" She thought for a bit, and then helpfully added, "So are you."
Ferry looked up from his hands at the houndoom, who sat a few feet away from him with her head cocked in confusion. It was such a person-like expression. Had houndoom always emoted so expressively, or was this related to the speech powers? No, he supposed they had always been this expressive. He'd just never thought much of it before. Something about that was almost as strange as the talking.

Almost.

"Yeah, I guess I am," he said. "It's just... not new for me. I'm assuming it's new for you, though."

Aaaand I'm talking to a dog.

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen

Mike double-took at the Houndoom, unable to keep his mouth from falling open.

Robin was very clearly fucking with him, he was absolutely sure of it.

A wide smile crawled lazily across his face. His anxiety slipped away. No-one but Robin would be that ridiculously on the nose. It wasn't one of her usual indicators, sure, but he was going to accept it as one. Yet---

"This is extre-xtre-xtremely strange...perhaps this is some sort of extra myste-ste-sterious mystery dungeon?" PNS-NT said, floating past Mike, Ferry, and Ebony. "Does anyo-nyo-nyone have an escape orb?"

Just as quickly, Mike was unsure again. Unless she was probing deep into his memories --- something he really wished she wouldn't do --- there was no way that she had ever known about the Mystery Dungeon games. And even if she did, why that? And why here?

And he was sure she'd never fought a Porygon-Z, or a Houndoom. Probably a Lucario, though: those lovable mutts were the sweethearts of semi-pros everywhere.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Ooh, you got a knife, motherfucker? I'm so frightened. Heheh... bitch." Kent slowly advanced towards Wes, seemingly not caring about the knife.

"I mean, shit, all I wanted was a civil conversation, and you're over here being an ass!"

He sighed dramatically. "But if it's a fight you want, then it's a fight you'll fucking get." Kent stopped only a few paces away from Wes and got into a fighting stance.

“Oh, so you start ‘civilized conversations’ by tripping people?” Wes spat. Gods, why couldn’t he just catch a break in this Arceus-forsaken place…

Still, he saw the creature tensing up for a fight, and suddenly he realized that he was very likely outmatched. He had no idea what sort of powers this nasty little gremlin had, and he wasn’t sure he wanted to find out, either…

Wes stalked past them with a huff. “I’m not interested in fighting. Go find someone else to bother. Maybe you’ll actually make friends with someone if you stop being a little shit.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes stalked past him with a huff. “I’m not interested in fighting. Go find someone else to bother. Maybe you’ll actually make friends with someone if you stop being a little shit.”

"Wha-- Hey!" Kent cried indignantly and, after a few seconds, caught up with Wes again. "Damn it, fucking bitch, come on and fight me! Coward!"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Wha-- Hey!" Kent cried indignantly and, after a few seconds, caught up with Wes again. "Damn it, fucking bitch, come on and fight me! Coward!"
Almost. Wes was almost prepared to keep walking until that last word. Annoyance boiled over into fury.

You know what? Fine.

He whipped around and slashed at the creature, his knife glancing off his shoulder.

“That was a warning, all right?” he hissed. “Leave. Me. Alone.”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"Language!" Mike wheeled around and barked. Half to Robin, wherever she was and very obviously the one behind it, and half to---

"Nooooo," Mike drawled, slipping into a low chortle as he took it in. "Where on earth did you did that blast-from-the-past up? Is that a Digimon?"

For lack of anywhere else to aim his wonder, he asked his question into the air.

He whipped around and slashed at the creature, his knife glancing off his shoulder.

"And it's fighting---" Mike openly guffawed, recognizing the character but not where it came from. What was Robin up to?

"What sorta whack-ass fanfiction is this?" And yet, he grinned ear to ear, loving every second.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Kent flinched as the knife just barely grazed him. "Is that it?! That's all you got? Come on!"

He hopped backwards and fired a barrage of shadowy projectiles at Wes.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Kent flinched as the knife just barely grazed him. "Is that it?! That's all you got? Come on!"

He hopped backwards and fired a barrage of shadowy projectiles at Wes.

Well, so much for that warning, he supposed. Still, Wes was prepared for retaliation. He ducked under several projectiles and darted to the side, but there were far more shadowy missilesthan he could keep track of. He hissed in pain as several grazed him and one landed a solid hit on his right arm.

Dammit. He’d been an idiot to pick this fight.

"Were you always this moody lad?" he shouted to Wes.

He heard Altair saying something, but he couldn’t catch what. Probably something snarky. He was too preoccupied to care much.

“Damn bird,” he growled under his breath.

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
He hissed in pain as several grazed him and one landed a solid hit on his right arm.

"Just throw a paradox at it," Mike called. "It's a computer animal thing. That always works in the movies!"

He allowed himself to slip into the illusion of the dream, but on his own terms: he was there to observe, and even heckle if he wanted. When Robin finally decided she wanted to work on something, he'd be more than willing to cooperate. But for now, he couldn't resist.

"Watch, like this," Mike puffed his chest and yelled, so as to be heard clearly: "What happens if Pinnochio says 'my nose will now grow'?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Well, so much for that warning, he supposed. Still, Wes was prepared for retaliation. He ducked under several projectiles and darted to the side, but there were far more shadowy missilesthan he could keep track of. He hissed in pain as several grazed him and one landed a solid hit on his right arm.

Kent sneered as he watched Wes get hit by the projectiles.

Hah, dumbass... can't even evade a basic attack, huh?

He concentrated his power into creating a dozen of those shadow tendrils. He shot all of them towards Wes at once.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Everyone was having their meet and greet in a mostly friendly manner with no particular stress, for the most part, befalling them. The skies were blue; the grass was green.

And then... they both started, slowly, to shift a shade of red.

Purple clouds began to roll across the horizon. A wind picked up, carrying a bitter odor like the remnants of a forest fire of the ancient past. A swirl of darkness appeared high above them, right at the center of where they had all first arrived.

"So, you're all here."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem considered emerging from the long grass. It was nice there. Nobody had spotted her yet, because they were all distracted, and not hunting, and because she was excellent at staying out of sight. She could probably stay that way. But something was looming in the sky, and the odds of her staying out of the way indefinitely were rapidly diminishing.

She rose to a crouch, and looked anxiously about for potential allies.

And spotted another hybrid. Some kind of fox? A vulpix? She didn't look like a normal morph at all, not blended like Salem but half and half, mismatched, like reassembled dolls.

Salem nervously raised her voice and signed a wave of greeting.

"Uh, hello?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Clovis had never been much of an outdoorsman. If he went anywhere remotely rugged or “off the grid,” there was always some sort of luxury getaway involved. A lakeside mansion, a yacht, fucking something. If there was ever a time he was entirely thankful for his expensive upbringing, it was in those instances. Because the thought of being left to the mercy of mother nature didn’t do anything for him. In fact, all it did was make him restless…if not a little aggravated.

When he’d responded to the note, he was under the impression he’d be headed somewhere nice. You know, a game like this seemed his speed. Playing everyone for their brain cells and whatnot. So he certainly expected to arrive to a mega-mansion, or at the very least, some sort of abandoned warehouse that reeked of cracked out hookers and bad choices—truthfully, any of those would have been preferable to wherever the hell he was now.

“I wore my Louis Vibrava suit for this?” he groaned. He heard a mosquito buzz in his ear, before it trailed down to his neck. It’d barely pricked his skin before he reached his hand up and smacked it dead. His body tensed with annoyance.

“I’m out of my element.”

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Everyone was having their meet and greet in a mostly friendly manner with no particular stress, for the most part, befalling them. The skies were blue; the grass was green.

Purple clouds began to roll across the horizon. A wind picked up, carrying a bitter odor like the remnants of a forest fire of the ancient past. A swirl of darkness appeared high above them, right at the center of where they had all first arrived.

"So, you're all here."
wO6ciMV.png
OMG THE SKY IS SO PRETTY!!!!! It's turning all red!! I love it!!!!

mfQpIe6.png
wait why do I hear scary music
4JwzNhb.png

mfQpIe6.png
is that a guy in the sky??? Hello???

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

"So, you're all here."
And just like that, things went from mildly obnoxious to downright strange. Clovis frowned deeply, before exhaling a deep, sharp breath. Nothing good ever came from being outdoors, clearly.

“This should be interesting.”

Top Bottom