• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I have a huge number of thoughts but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to say further. but.

I just learned today: The only thing a SK has is a factional kill, so for the same reason a Mafia Goon with only their factional kill comes up as "vanilla," so does a Serial Killer come up as "Vanilla." Serial Killer is an alignment not a power and Rolecops cannot detect it. I had thought it did.

In that light of having learned that myself, I am going to Unvote: Kent (Abrapunk)

Thank you. Homestuck acted on Phans previously (understandably!) unknown information! He lied! Case closed]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Like there's NO WAY Homestuck would know who an SK was according to classic Mafia rules PLEASE lets catch the liar in the act]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[At any rate, whoever has power roles in general doesnt need to speak up to solve this, so we don't need townrolecop assist, or for that matter anyone else (cop or whatever); homestar was already caught in his own web.

Once again encouraging people to go for obv Mafia Homestar]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Read: a free kill. This is important to note.
[So you're a lover, then.

A moment ago, I was leery of lynching Mike because of the possibility he was Cop, who would detect SK, but walked back to Rolecop to avoid getting killed by the Juggernaut and was having Fall 2020 mafia flashbacks where town lynched the cop day 1. Now, I think that's less likely because Cop will not get an Independent Third Party reading from Lovers.

Vote: Mike (Homestar)]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I just learned today: The only thing a SK has is a factional kill, so for the same reason a Mafia Goon with only their factional kill comes up as "vanilla," so does a Serial Killer come up as "Vanilla." Serial Killer is an alignment not a power and Rolecops cannot detect it. I had thought it did.

In that light of having learned that myself, I am going to Unvote: Kent (Abrapunk)
[[Wait wait wait is there a way to confirm this is how it’s working in this game?? Because if that’s true then that puts a TON of suspicion on Homestar.]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Wait wait wait is there a way to confirm this is how it’s working in this game?? Because if that’s true then that puts a TON of suspicion on Homestar.
[We can ask Namo and see if we're allowed to know in this case bc all roles are listed in the setup, but I wouldn't count on it]

Gonna OOC post for this, because I was also thrown off by that claim--I might just have sick brain but I don't remember that being a rule, and unless I missed something, I'm immediately sus of Phan for trying to toss that in there--maybe indeed some galaxy brain, but I feel some type of way about this.
Read your role dm again. Do you not have a line... I don't think we're allowed to quote verbatum but something along the lines of "all vanilla players have this" should be there.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[oopsie did Sind just potentially oust themself as Mafia? jk, thats a topic for another day, tho midlly curious at best]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[oopsie did Sind just potentially oust themself as Mafia? jk, thats a topic for another day, tho midlly curious at best]]
[[Could be mafia OR a vital town role so let’s not be too hasty. Let it be known that even mafia goons will be given additional notes/info in their role DMs too, so just because someone has extra info to share, doesn’t mean they’re automatically trustworthy.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Yep! Was contemplating that about other vanilla claims! I have Zero actual sus yet.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Alright, after reading these, I'm gonna cast my vote for Mike/Homestar!, because yeah, how would he know if Abra was SK??? Sus.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
We may be about to lynch our doctor or cop for all we know. Someone so valuable it's well worth the risk of being caught ooorrrrr. Homestar jumped the gun but it doesn't matter because we might be about to kill doctor or cop anyway, plus it could force the real cop to try to counterclaim.
Just saying.
Ebony stamped a paw to the ground. "If Kent isn't bad, then we would learn that Mike is 100% bad! The bad guys can't do trades--they'll lose! If they found a doctor, they'd be better off trying to kill them when it's DARK and no one can see." But not her because she was a dark type, ha.

"But! If Mike is telling the truth, but still is bad, he might have thought we'd trust him more once we saw that he wasn't lying about Kent! Also! He could trick the good rolecop into being stupid! Then the bad guys would have a new target!"

"So, I think you're wrong and Mike isn't lying. But he's still bad! I'm sure of it!"

[[ no info. And I'm not the SK. The only thing outright preventing me from saying what I actually am is that it would give the Mafia a free kill. ]]
Ebony pauses for a long time, staring at the weird Sableye. "That's a dumb power! Why would anyone even want that power anyway!" She turns away in a huff.

Okay, so maybe she was wrong and Kent wasn't bad. Maybe the bad guys were willing to make a trade this time if they knew they'd get rid of two good guys and maybe also trick the good cop. It was still dumb! But maybe Kent wasn't bad.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[Wait Abra soft claimed lover? I’m… not sure if that makes me more or less suspicious. It almost feels like a way to bait out a noob to hard claim lover to prove that Abra’s guilty. I don’t like it. Townie would’ve been a much safer claim in general, but especially if they were lover and didn’t want to put a target on their back.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana chuckled at the Houndoom. "What's your name again, fellow? Anyways, I see what you're saying but what if Mike just got ahead of themselves? No doubt the enemy would jump at the chance to force us to kill one of our own. But you're at last right that Mike is bad. His power doesn't even work the way he claims! That dark Charizard seems to operate one some kind of rules..." she mused, tapping her chin.

[[Homestar is 100% evil and needs to be taken out tonight, any victory we get is good., this is proven by his jumping the gun and lying about his role abilities. According to namo in the signup there isn't anything weird
in play
[[Wait Abra soft claimed lover? I’m… not sure if that makes me more or less suspicious. It almost feels like a way to bait out a noob to hard claim lover to prove that Abra’s guilty. I don’t like it. Townie would’ve been a much safer claim in general, but especially if they were lover and didn’t want to put a target on their back.]]
As far as I'm aware only Phan brought this idea up, its unsubstantiated.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Just a little more ooc from me and then I’ll get back to RP.

First, here’s the link to the mafia wiki describing Serial Killer for anyone who wants to read it. It does explicitly say that a role cop would read an SK as town. Which basically condemns Mike as lying!

But! One thing we haven’t considered is that maybe Mike is town cop and simply claimed role cop because it’s a “safer” role? Eh, I’m still strongly suspicious of him either way, the only thing holding me back is that calling anyone out as an SK is a very bold and risky move to do if you’re lying.

Hnnnng I’m preparing to vote Mike but now I’m scared he might actually be our cop lol. Agh. Holding off on voting for now until I can reread things.

The "goon" role is just Vanilla Mafia, right? Well...

What if some of the people claiming to just be "Vanilla" are actually "Vanilla Mafia"?

Also yeah it was super weird that Homestar only did this whole spiel after Phantump's post. ]]
Ohhh yep yep, I said this just now but you said it before me lol. Yeah we can’t automatically trust anyone who claims vanilla even if they have extra info to share!
[[ Really. Jesus, guess I can't just have fun roleplaying now? Listen, I'll get into the game eventually. ]]
I want to clarify that I never said or meant to imply anywhere that lots of RP is bad. I only started to be suspicious because refusing to engage in the gameplay and trying to be a distraction is a play style that people use and that’s what it was starting to look like to me. Please note that any suspicion I cast on anyone in this game isn’t personal, it’s only game analysis.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hnnnng I’m preparing to vote Mike but now I’m scared he might actually be our cop lol. Agh. Holding off on voting for now until I can reread things.
"If you ask me, Mike definitely ain't no cop," Hana said firmly.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[after stewing in the bath tub and re-reading again, I’m un-voting Mike/Homestar for a moment, I need to take notes.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"If you ask me, Mike definitely ain't no cop," Hana said firmly.
Wes gave a start as Hana suddenly addressed him. He stared her up and down for a moment. What in the hell was she dressed as? Was that some sort of Halloween costume?

He decided to keep any comments to himself for the moment. Instead, he simply nodded. “You seem to have an eye for analysis and you’ve made some good observations. I’ll trust your judgement for now.”

He threw a withering look at Mike. Now Wes was starting to wonder if the whole injured ankle debacle was just a ploy to garner sympathy. “What do you have to say for yourself? You’ll have to come up with a hell of a story for me to believe you. I think you’re a fraud.”

Vote: Mike/Homestar

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
He decided to keep any comments to himself for the moment. Instead, he simply nodded. “You seem to have an eye for analysis and you’ve made some good observations. I’ll trust your judgement for now.”

Hana shot the silver haired trainer an appreciative look. "Thanks for the vote of confidence. What was your name again?"

Top Bottom