• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"What presents are Lee talking about, then?"
"Hm?" Palkia checked the transcripts, which was apparently a thing it could do. "Oh! You're referring to this, no?"

"Everytime one of us dies or disappears or whatever, the others wake up to an opened present with either coal for whoever's been..." Still not going to say naughty. "...bad, and an actual present for those that weren't. And by those I mean just Mewtwo as he was the innocent one to die. Disappear. Kinda miss his stuck up attitude."
"Well yes, of course this is referring to the black presents. Squirt, Mewtwo, Mia... they all opened their presents, and they've all vanished. 'Don't open until Christmas,' after all!"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"The ones under the tree, the opened ones," Lee pointed out, another bottle already in paw. "See? This one for Mia is opened, there's coal in it because she was na-- bad, and she's gone. Mewtwo's was just a large box with toys in it, and he was innocent. And the same is for Squirt's, I believe."
"Hm?" Palkia checked the transcripts, which was apparently a thing it could do. "Oh! You're referring to this, no?"

"Well yes, of course this is referring to the black presents. Squirt, Mewtwo, Mia... they all opened their presents, and they've all vanished. 'Don't open until Christmas,' after all!"

"I know this is a stupid question, but do they happen to say who they're from?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Pfft, as if I can read."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"..." Lee facepalmed, forgetting he had a bottle in hand and smacking himself in the face with it. "Did fucking anybody check the gifts?"
"Well, I doubt whoever did this would be dumb enough to sign the murd—weapon."

Each present was clearly marked as "From: Santa."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Each present was clearly marked as "From: Santa."

Lee's eye twitched, and not just from the stinging pain of hitting himself with a bottle either. "From... Santa. Santa. The guy we were told was killed..." he looked at the television screen, growling. "The guy YOUR committee told US was DEAD!"

"This entire thing was a waste of time, then?! We've been trying to solve a murder that didn't happen, because the murderer was the first one to be 'killed!'" Lee angrily put his bottle on the bar, cracking the bottom slightly. "I actually cared about this, and that was for nothing?!" he laughed. "Oh wait, that's right, they might not even BE dead! Just hiding around with some jolly red fatass who then decided to make us scramble around trying to see who the real killer was!"

He took the deepest breath he possibly could, then took back his bottle, reappeared in the main room, and sat himself beside Gen and the monopoly board. While he wasn't visibly furious, faint, black embers rose steadily off his body. "Gimme the tepig piece, please," he asked Gen.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Lee's eye twitched, and not just from the stinging pain of hitting himself with a bottle either. "From... Santa. Santa. The guy we were told was killed..." he looked at the television screen, growling. "The guy YOUR committee told US was DEAD!"

"This entire thing was a waste of time, then?! We've been trying to solve a murder that didn't happen, because the murderer was the first one to be 'killed!'" Lee angrily put his bottle on the bar, cracking the bottom slightly. "I actually cared about this, and that was for nothing?!" he laughed. "Oh wait, that's right, they might not even BE dead! Just hiding around with some jolly red fatass who then decided to make us scramble around trying to see who the real killer was!"

He took the deepest breath he possibly could, then took back his bottle, reappeared in the main room, and sat himself beside Gen and the monopoly board. While he wasn't visibly furious, faint, black embers rose steadily off his body. "Gimme the tepig piece, please," he asked Gen.
A confused, awkward silence came as the only answer until a table appeared on screen.
ProphetSteve JobsIshmaelOdysseusRomulus
SuspectNilamNocitalinPalkiaSanta

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen hesitated, then handed the Tepig piece to Lee.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen rolled his own die, revealing a 5.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee silently took the tiny pig and flicked a di, getting a one. He grumbled to himself, taking a sip from his drink.

"Not everyone is gonna be here to vote, you know?" Lee said to Elbert, but didn't turn to face the screen. He placed his piece on the "go" square and took another sip. "What are you gonna do if not everyone votes?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Darkwhite scrunched up her face and pressed her head into her shoulders. She curled up and flattened out.

Lee wondered if he'd be able to do that. Granted, he never tried, and he doesn't exactly want to try now, so he told himself to remember to when he got back home. Someone would definitely get a kick out of him being two dimensional.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
ProphetSteve JobsIshmaelOdysseusRomulus
SuspectNilamNocitalinPalkiaSanta
VotersNocitalinAbigail
Palkia dropped its cookie. "Well I was going to vote for that rapscallion Palkia, but I can't not vote for Santa."

Top Bottom