• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...He should have lost a long time ago! You all saw it!" Darkwhite shouted, shaking her remote. "Never have I ever run away from my fami--oh wait..."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
And with that, Darkwhite's last candle ran out. "Congratulations, Jesse! I'm sure your wife and daughter would be so proud to see you out winning this extramarital date night! As tonight's winner, you get a bingo card!" As promised, a bingo card appeared right in Jesse's hand. "Now, it's time for everyone to vote! Who! Wiiiiiiill Wii Date!"

A screen with everyone's models on the screen appeared. They all looked between sheepish, horrified, and bored. "Whoever wins this vote opens their Christmas Present early! What a tantalizing prize, wouldn't you say?" All the models shrank down, an empty bar of twelve sections above each of them, as well as an empty selection off to the side marked "not interested."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Not fuckin' interested," snapped Jesse. "Remember, folks, early presents lead to death, judgin' by Squirt's fate. We don't have evidence on anyone yet, so we're fuckin' ourselves if we fuckin' guess randomly or some shit. Just abstain and tell these sadistic fuckers where to put it."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Not fuckin' interested," snapped Jesse. "Remember, folks, early presents lead to death, judgin' by Squirt's fate. We don't have evidence on anyone yet, so we're fuckin' ourselves if we fuckin' guess randomly or some shit. Just abstain and tell these sadistic fuckers where to put it."
“Please refrain from swearing in front of Special Agent Squirt,” interrupted the PS3. “His parents do not want him to repeat such naughty words."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"N-not interested!" Gen hastily yelled, glancing towards Squirt's clothes and open present.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The game had a more lackluster result than the rest of the actual game, leading to Lee rolling his eyes.

"I couldn't care, really, so I'd choose not interested," Lee shrugged. "Since I expect this thing to be actually alive, I'm sure saying my vote out loud counts."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia narrowed her eyes. "What would happen if they lied in the dating game?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Mia narrowed her eyes. "What would happen if they lied in the dating game?"
"All lies, questions, and answered were prepared beforehand! We ensured nobody had a chance to lie, so don't worry," explained the Wii. "Even this is pre-recorded, Mia!"

"I ain't fuckin' votin' for anyone."

Jesse massaged his temples. "And neither should anyone else."
“Please refrain from swearing in front of Special Agent Squirt,” interrupted the PS3. “His parents do not want him to repeat such naughty words."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
PseudoClass_Squirtle possess weak points not made of shell.

Class001 possesses no weak points.

Terminator of UnitDesignate_Squirt assigned provisional Threat Level 0.

Units receive error reports upon attempted termination. Error reports lead to error-correcting actions. Error-correcting actions could pose a threat to a Class001 Unit.

Do Not Initiate Ramming

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
They hadn't learned very much from this at all. The day seemed to have been a waste of time, in terms of figuring out the game. No one had done much. Voting to kill someone today would be no better than random chance.

Meanwhile, according to Dave, during the night the 'mafia' would strike, and kill someone else. But the others would be able to gather information, and make a more educated guess tomorrow. It all depended on how the odds compared, and they didn't have enough information to know that for certain. That was frustrating. She did want more information.

"We should not vote for anyone," Mia said.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Not much focus had been on finding the killer of Squirt and Santa during the Day, much to Nilam's dismay. Without nearly anything to go on, there was some practicality in not voting anyone, but giving the killer an easy chance to strike... it bugged them. Seemed like just as much a risk as going for someone at random. At least they'd have a shot if they went for someone now, and they could still consider the events of the day.

Mewtwo had voted Palkia earlier. Not for any clear reason, perhaps just to provoke a reaction? It seemed sensible if that was why.

Lee had been the first one to advocate not voting. "Killers don't always act like killers" seemed valid, definitely. And the "Never have I ever had ulterior motives while working with someone else." to the lie detecting Wii was a plus as well- a killer working with the rest of the party to remain hidden would be exposed by that, meaning doing so could clear Jesse.

Palkia had... Was there even a Palkia at the party when they'd first got here? Not allowing the choice of "never have I ever killed someone" to reveal the killer seemed odd, and blatantly ignoring it when Mewtwo voted them seemed like an easy way to avoid an incriminating reaction.

Gen had been there the entire time, undoubtedly. He was quiet though. Harder to judge someone who's quiet if they aren't projecting thoughts.

Darkwhite had been doing a lot of veering the conversation off track from finding the killer. Distraction tactics, seems like an effective choice for the killer. "I'm always just in it for the fun" as a response to Lee's question concerned Nilam- that didn't feel like solid proof that she hadn't been killing for the fun and working with the others for the fun.

Mia had volunteered for the Wii game. Because it wasn't an actual date. And before it was made clear it's ability to judge a liar. And she was the most recent people to follow along with the no vote thing. There wasn't a lot that could be gleaned from her.

There was a nicket here. Since when was there a nicket here?

Jesse definitely did not seem like he wanted to be here. "I'm upfront with my intentions" being accepted by the way too knowledgable Wii was proof enough for Nilam that Jesse wasn't the killer.

Noci, Blue, and Tabitha were hard to form solid opinions on as well.

By the end of their analysis, Nilam had decided that between the other members of the party, Darkwhite or Palkia were most likely, Jesse and Lee were least likely, Mewtwo was unlikely but more likely than Jesse or Lee, and everyone else were somewhere in between. That brought them to deciding between Darkwhite or Palkia. If they wanted any chance to eliminate the killer, they had to hit the same amount of votes for that guest as there were no votes. Which... probably wasn't happening. Currently, though, the only guest with a vote was Palkia. That seemed like the best shot.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
The votes tallied live on the screen, Palkia looking bashful when Nilam gave them a peck on the cheek.
Palkia:
Abstinence: ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
"Oh, so little love to go around? What a shame. At least one lucky contestant has an admirer in their midst."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia observed the reactions to the Wii's voting announcement with intrigue. "I suppose the more, the merrier, as far as parties are concerned Would be in bad taste to remove someone from the festivities now, so let's not. But I really was hoping more folks would at least consider it. Now we've got nothing to work with." The spatial dragon shook its head, tutting. "Well, I suppose it can't be helped. At least these two voted for me," Palkia said, gesturing to Mewtwo and the Rotom, apparently pleased with this.

"Now then, since it's not guaranteed that any of us will still be around in the morning, I might as well leave some thoughts here. You know... insurance, lest you find yourselves forced to carry on without me," it said in an overly-dramatic tone. "My wits must be failing me in this physical form, as I have precious few observations to impart. But I've at least got one thing: the Delphox and the Oshawott. Doubt me if you will, but I'm quite convinced that neither is our killer. That's all, I'm afraid. The festivities really were quite the distraction~"

It paused at length, mulling something over. "Well, there is something I'm far less certain of. But it may be of some use nonetheless. And the game might be more interesting for it," it added with a grin. "Take it with quite the grain of salt. But my readings on that 'Wikipedia' we've been granted access to have led me to believe that the object one of you received has a theme related to 'role reversal,' whatever that may entail. Can't say I've worked out what that means yet, but perhaps it'll be useful."

"That's all. Best of luck, everyone!"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Won't Palkia's room be busy tonight!" The Wii cheered.
Palkia: ❤ ❤
Abstinence: ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
"But, that's about it, I'm afraid. No winners tonight. Be sure to keep your cards close!" The night came with the same oppressive storm as before. Surely, nobody would be able to leave their room tonight. Surely everyone would be safe. Surely.

Top Bottom