• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Rocky Road ~ House of Dill, Saltriv, Shiron, and Vix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"To being new housemates!" Shiron cheered, picking a gummi and eating it in one single gulp.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yep! It's a gummi!" Saltriv said, before taking a grass green gummi out of their bag. They still had 234 of them after what happened in the Worldcore.

"To being new housemates!" they said, before eating the gummi.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Then it's settled, we're officially housemates!" Vix chuckled, grinning. "Once we're done getting everything unpacked, how about we all go out for like, drinks or something?"

"If you're so thirsty just tell Dill to not use Surf on you," Scrafty snickered, getting thwopped on the back of the head.

Vix huffed, then hummed. "Maybe later, after which I'm having you carry me around until I'm un-drowned. Maybe if I die again I'll another, less bitchy you."

"Not my fault I'm you."

Vix and Scrafty then went on to bark and bicker until either of them get tired and gave up.

This is a reminder that neither of them get tired.

<><><><><><><><>

R13 - Feesh sulks. Puddle and plant dino try their best (Shiron, Saltriv & Puddle)

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Having a friend die once was painful enough. Having it happen again? He couldn't describe it without making a mess of his own thoughts.

So instead, Shiron decided to let his brain run on auto-pilot and do what brains do in this situation: sulk.

The mud fish threw himself in bed, grumbling and muttering complete nonsense. The tears ran down without him even knowing it, and he let them continue on their path, holding it in hurt far, far more than just letting it go.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
So, yeah... Vix died again. Again, again. To a blast of Blacklight, again. Maybe she'd grow resistant to it if she keeps this up. Reckless idiot... but she'd be alright in the end. Diyem just has to find her, then scold her, then let her back into the world of the living. But, even though Vix was getting used to being dead, it was kinda obvious that other people weren't used to her being dead... despite how often that seems to happen.

And Puddle was the one that had to comfort people? Oh boy... At least most of the people hurt by Vix dying lived in the same house as her.

"...Shiron? You doin' alright, buddy?" Puddle asked, walking up to the fish and climbing onto his bed.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A Meganium walked into the house, the leaf on their head drooping. Vix had died again. Even though they knew she could come back, and she was just in the Voidlands, it still hurt.

Seeing Shiron breaking down hurt almost as much, though. They walked over towards him, and laid a vine on him. "Shiron, it's...not ok, but it will be ok." they said, a soothing quality in their voice.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...Does it look like I'm alright?"

Shiron lashed out, panting. He regretted that action soon after, and backed away from the two. Yes, Vix would come back. That didn't mean it didn't hurt, though.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Well, obviously not, that's just how you start one of these, ain't it?" Puddle sighed, shaking its head. "I just... I dunno, don't see why you're this upset. Vix went of, basically on her own, got herself killed... but the guys who went up with her are alright and she's gonna come back soon! You guys are actin' like you'll never see her again..."

That felt blunt, but there wasn't any other way to go about it. Even if Vix died, she was gonna be fine! It's not like she was gonna be gone forever. Puddle let out a sharp, quiet exhale. It really wasn't good at this kinda thing.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv frowned, and wrapped their vine around Shiron. "She'll be back soon. But until then...we're here for you."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...Honestly, I just want to stop feeling this upset," Shiron sighed, rubbing his arm. "I should probably find some booze to drink. It'll make me better."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Why not go for some soda while we're at it? I ain't tried it yet, but booze or whatever don't sound as fizzy as soda," Puddle chuckled. "I might even try these fry things I've heard about... or just, food."

Hmm, speaking of food, Puddle wondered how Diyem and Toast were doing. Or if Diyem burned his house down yet.

Puddle shook its head and shrugged; friends first, family later. "We can spend a whole day out 'till you guys feel better! The last thing Vix would want is you guys cryin' over her... so cry as much as you want now before we head out, alright?"

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
A Feraligatr ducked through the door, looking rather down as he regarded the others. He'd only met Vix a few times, but...

"I, uh... heard what happened," he said as he noted his fellow Water-type. "I-is there anything I can do?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Spending time together sounds good," Saltriv said, waving to Dill with their leaf, but not turning away from Shiron.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...You're all welcome to try," Shiron muttered, looking at nowhere in particular. Might as well indulge them.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Then we're off!" Puddle declared, hopping off of Shiron's bed. It bounced when it hit the floor, and a proud grin stretched along its face. "Oh... but where does everyone wanna go? I uh... have no idea what y'all like to do."

It looked to Dill and snickered. "'Cept you, but I dunno if we wanna flood the guild again."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"The cauldron sounds good," Saltriv said. It took all of their effort to force a smile on their face. They didn't want to worsen the mood.

R14 - Plant and Candle(?), Back at it Again

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Gods, it'd been nothing but boredom and nothing since the fight with Maple. How the hell did they get used to doing so much nothing before? They wanted to get their blood pumping! To hit things really hard! Maybe hear the roaring cheers of an adoring audience, or of attacks in the heat of battle! Now that sounded like a proper use of time!

Scrafty was just about ready to go out and drag someone to the Colosseum just to beat their face in, when they had gotten a text. Apparently, Cynthian was coming over...

All that burning blood from moments before vanished, replaced with a familiar "general level of happiness" that came from wanting to hang out with friends. Almost felt unnatural, honestly, but not enough for Scrafty to think it an issue. "I guess I can wait around for her to come by. I dunno if I gave her enough of a chance to check my new me out, hehe!"

Despite this "New Me" being a Scrafty with a Chandelure head and fire in place of frills, apparently Scrafty was still very much proud of it. And even more so of showing it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom