• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Main Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Icetales is right," Owen said, sighing as he tried to flare his wings to get some of the crowd toward him. "A lot happened in the past few weeks, and I don't really know if trying to accuse each other of anything is going to help right now. This all started when Soda, as that haze in the Worldcore, planted those seeds of doubt in all of us.

"And even though we knew that's what he was doing, it seemed more like we let it work anyway. Some of us went to investigate and found out things that... maybe we weren't sure what to make of. And then that information only went around a little because we were afraid it would set something off when it shouldn't. I don't think we should blame anyone for it.

"But now we know what it does." Owen sighed, looking down. He wasn't used to making these big speeches, but after seeing how everyone was, feeling that tension in the air... "Vix, I can tell you care a lot about Soda. He helped us. He saved Darkwhite and he saved some of us, too. Maybe a lot of it was self-serving in the end... but he still saved Cola. But... we need to remember that he is still putting the world at risk, and he has to be stopped.

"Mellow, Bahamut... I'm sorry that you weren't told everything. We shouldn't have done that. And from here on, we'll make sure that everyone knows everything. Hiding information, at this point, can only serve the people we're fighting. So..." He sighed. "We can keep working together. We've made it this far, right? And we solved a lot with this talk, now that everything is out in the open." The flame on his tail expanded some, and then he brought a hand to his chest.

"We can still do this. It's not too late to save everyone."

Diyem looked ill.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
In fact, Astrid would have no dreams at all. Not until something resonated through her aura, stinging gently against the Shadows. There was a sound, a voice too difficult to make out, just at the edge of consciousness.

What happened? Her memory was slow—it had been coming back to her slower lately, hadn’t it? She remembered what corruption felt like, at least.

C'mon, Astrid. Don't tell me that was all y'had left in ya. Y'ain't done yet...

—and again, this time clearer, Astrid felt what was surely Radiance surge through her. She drew in a breath and blinked.

She was lying in the guild. Everyone was there, it seemed. But it was hard to tell from the ground. They all seemed preoccupied, all talking at once. But that voice—

An attempt at speaking turned into an incoherent mumble. “…Mnnh.”

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“... tch.” Bahamut eyed Diyem. “You’ll want a healer and shield caster. And someone who has millennia of experience fighting eternatus.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Vix, I can tell you care a lot about Soda. He helped us. He saved Darkwhite and he saved some of us, too. Maybe a lot of it was self-serving in the end... but he still saved Cola. But... we need to remember that he is still putting the world at risk, and he has to be stopped."

[...]

"We can still do this. It's not too late to save everyone."

God... dammit. It's not like hated when other people were right, but in this one case... she kind of did. She was a hero now, they all were... so the planet came before personal whatevers. Soda... would probably understand. Maybe he really is corrupted out his mind? Then they'll just have to snap him out of it and everything can be good again! It'd be even better if someone else was misguiding him, then Vix would have someone to burn to a crisp for all of this.

Vix nodded, grimacing slightly. "Alright... and I guess, if we're working out who fights where, I'm..." she paused, not knowing if she wanted to be where Soda might show up to get answers from him or help uncorrupt him, or where he wouldn't be. Eventually, the idea of snapping him out of whatever he's being controlled by took precedence over Vix's caution. "I'll be with Diyem on the outside, even if I can't hit hard, I can at least make him and whoever else stronger."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Brisa clenched her jaw.

"Soda ain't some fuckin' heartless villain. He gives a shit about people, obviously. He's the fella as looks after Flesh all the damn time, ain't he? He ain't a monster. He's just lost sight of what's reasonable, 'cause he wants to 'free' his mate by deceivin' all of us an' riskin' an entire world to gain ultimate fuckin' power. You want my guess? It's the Blacklight in him that's put these notions in his head. Ideas long-suppressed, wants inhibited. If there's some way we can get through t'him, some way we can help him find his way again, that's what we gotta do."
Deep breath. “Yeah. Soda’s out of his mind on corruption. His plan is to dismantle Cibus so he can use its power, and then just... put it back. Thinks he can make sure every soul goes right back where it was and nobody’d even know they popped out of existence for a while. It’s batshit but he doesn’t want to kill anyone.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“As I said, he desires an impossible reality,” Bahamut growled. “Such aspirations would undoubtedly fail if allowed to proceed.”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
“…Mnnh.”

Well, she was conscious. That was something. And at least they were discussing plans, instead of trading verbal injury. Maybe Astrid would put her words behind the need for team cohesion. Maybe Starr would come back and defend the basic concept of fucking information security. Maybe... Ugh. Enough. Brisa flattened her hackles and took a proper breath.

"I'll go with the Voidlands team," she asserted. "I'm ready fer a combat environment like that. Myself, Starr, Koa, Dave, Astrid... We're all well-matched to make a strong offensive on the inside. I hope they'll all agree to help take on whatever the hell we'll find in there."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…What.”

The wraith-like apparition of Keo’Keo stood in front of Brisa, its eyes burning with a fierce crimson light. Its expression was twisted into a snarl, the wispy mane on its back flowing with phantom energy. Even the real Ninetales seemed shocked by that proposal, but he was at a loss of words of what to say. So, the shadow decided to speak in his stead.

“My, yes! What a lovely idea, to bring a lad at the beginning of his youth to behold the beauties of hell. That is not going to utterly twist nor harm his psyche for sure!”

Petram winced and stared at Icetales. There was obvious terror in his eyes, and from a quick peek at his mind, he could sense that he was thinking about how much his life was affected when he was stuck in Chaos.

How much his trauma carried to those days. Impossible to erase.

“Keo! Please, try to calm—”

“Give me a good reason to try such stunt! And if thou dare say ‘to save the world’, well, he shall not do much if he will end up broken beyond repair, unable to cope with whatever we could face there!” He snorted. “And then what? Thou will have a lad with a broken psyche unable to move on, unable to forget what happened, unable to dream peacefully anymore as the phantoms will haunt him and make him scream at night!”

Tears fell from the wraith’s eyes.

“I do not wish this to anyone, especially not to a youthful lad. Do not… wound him the way I was wounded…”

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa stared at Icetales in perplexity. Gods, the fella was out of his mind.

"Didn't see you objectin' to his participation in the last two missions we went on, pal. Guess riskin' his life 'gainst legendary phantoms and an eternatus is okay, but a scary location is a bridge too far, huh."

Ugh. Sarcasm didn't taste right in her mouth.

"Look, Koa is a strong fighter. He can make the call fer himself. He don't need you decidin' he can't handle himself."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Then thou ought to heed thy own words, Brisa,” Keo’Keo glared, his wispy tails flailing. “Dost not make the call for him, either. Being strong of physique does not equate to strength of mind. Never forget this.”

And with those parting words, Keo’Keo retreated back to his host, who was still surrounded by the dark aura. Icetales didn’t say anything, limiting himself to hugging Petram.

He wasn’t going to let any mental harm happen. He wasn’t.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv stepped between Brisa and Icetales, a desperate look in their eyes.

"Please, don't start any more arguments," Saltriv pleaded, a soothing quality in their voice. "We already almost lost Vix. We can't afford to lose anyone. We're a team. We have to work together."

Then, they took a deep breath, and said, "I'll go to the Voidlands. I've...been there before. I can handle it."

They didn't know if they truly could. But they had to try.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Something sparked his anger in a way he hadn't felt in a long time. He felt his hackles rise and a few sparks flicker through his fur.

He fixed Icetales first in a glare, though not quite one of anger. Frustration burned in his gaze. "Don't presume to know anything about me," his words came out in a hiss.

By Ho-Oh's feathers he was so sick of all this. "Or what I can handle. Stop talking about me like I'm invisible!"

His voice shook from anger and stress. "I chose to come here, same as you! I came here to fight and to save this world just like every one of you. I don't need to be treated lesser! You really think fighting a crazed Voice of whatever and a giant death serpent is safer?" He sucked in a breath and stifled a growl.

"I'm going with Brisa and thats final." He moved to stand closer to her.

"Now are you all ready to get over yourselves and your feelings and worry about the actual plan?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nodded to Koa. No need to make comment. He'd got a good last word in.

I could tell Kyukon 'bout the Voidlands, whispered Sombra, in Brisa's mind. I could tell him that until we faced each other there, y'were gonna dive towards self-destruction indefinitely. I could tell him how y'don't need to visit the Voidlands to suffer 'mental harm'.

But no. There was no fucking point, was there? Koa had spoken for himself as she'd known he would. When she'd said she hoped he'd agree. She'd never made a fucking call on his behalf, had she?

She nodded to Saltriv, that soft-hearted one who so desperately wanted folks to get along. They didn't seem tough enough to survive the Voidlands. But they had some quality about them that dispelled Radiance and Shadow alike. There was no denying that they could handle corruption.

"You'd be a sure asset in the advance team, partner," she said, firmly. "If you're sure about it, then it makes sense t'me."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales still refused to talk, but the darkness around him intensified. Petram took a glance at his father, noticing the pain in his expression and sensing his urgent desire to just roar and destroy everything in sight.

“Daddy… Can I tell them the truth?”

Icetales didn’t respond, but he gave a small nod. With a nod back, Petram turned to Brisa and Koamaru.

“You have to forgive Daddy. He… went through a lot in his life, that makes the mere thought of a youth dealing with hellspawns, well… that brings out a lot of painful memories, to say it very mildly.” He sighed. “His father… trapped him in Chaos, when he was just a pup. He had lost his mother one month ago, and the next thing he knew, he was trapped in a cage with soul chains cutting through his body and mind. A torture that never ended…”

Petram shuddered. Just talking about that made him feel sick.

“Daddy was stuck there, in Chaos… for half a century. And yet, his body didn’t age. He was stuck as a pup, unable to do anything more than survive, and pray to be put out of his misery.”

By then, Icetales started weeping.

“He’s… afraid, this is all. He wants to keep you safe,” he looked at Koamaru, “because he cares about you. A lot. He didn’t mean to… decide for you or anything. He’s just… concerned.”

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It’s far too late to be voicing reservations about this,” Bahamut scoffed. “The stress of the last fight has worn you down. You need to go rest.” He scanned the room. “That goes for the majority of you, frankly.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa met Petram's eyes. What did that shade's nature say about Icetales? Brisa's best guess... Icetales wasn't nearly so held-together as he presented himself as, nor nearly so grown-up as his age suggested. On some level... This guy was a kid, still hurting badly from a godawful ordeal.

"Icetales," she said, softly. "Maybe you oughta look after Diyem's squadron in the material plane, yeah?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Fool. If all the healers and shield-casters stay, you lot will be wiped clean within a matter of minutes,” Bahamut countered. “Everyone’s assuming what Maple’s inner dimension will look like. The fact is that none of you will know until you’re there. It’s pointless to worry about the unknown.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa raised a brow.

"Fella, I'm hopin' to have some goddamn defensive fighters with us. Saltriv, fer one, who I literally just invited on the advance team, in front of yer fuckin' face. Pay attention."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa sat down, still bristling inside, though calming slightly. He wasn't mad, not at Icetales. The Ninetales was his friend. And by the sound of it.... had gone through something terrible as well.

"I know you want to protect me," he said quietly. "But... please. I've made my decision."

He paused, then glanced at Bahamut, gaze narrowed. "We should focus on gathering more information. That's what matters right now. Like that strange Mewtwo. Do we know anything else about that?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“I shall not fight thy decision, Sir Koamaru. If thou desire to go, then… I shall support that.”

Icetales’s voice was hushed, but loud enough to be heard. He took a deep breath and wrapped his tails around his body, then focused on Brisa. There was some blankness in his eyes.

“…But no. I will not stay behind, Brisa. I shall go to the Voidlands, too.” He sighed. “I already know how to deal with that kind of environment. It would be foolish of me to not volunteer myself.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom