• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Dorms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Err… I dunno if that’s a good idea. He might believe you’re mocking his favorite characters or something by pretending to be like them. However, hmm…”

Petram paced back and forth, then he froze. He started wagging his tails as he got a brain blast. “Oh! Oh! Big idea! What if you wrote a story for him? Maybe with Celeste as the hero or something like that?” His tails started wagging even faster. “That requires some effort, and I bet he would appreciate it!”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Soul stopped to think for a moment.

"Write a story... He was thinking about writing a story about all this. I could try to do that for him... but I don't know how to start it. Or end it, because it's still happening. I'd want my story to be something he couldn't get from the library, but the library has so many books. I don't know if I can compete."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oh, you don’t have to write a blockbuster! Besides, it’s the thought that matters, no?” Petram narrowed his eyes. “But if you want something unique, something that won’t have competition…”

Then, he shouted a yippee. “I know! Work on a scrapbook! That will be a only-you thing, as not many authors work on scrapbooks!” He grinned. “Gather all those memories, so that he will be able to write his book someday. That would be a nice gift, I think! Yep!”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"A scrapbook is basically a book where you stick pictures, drawings and other stuff. So, like, you could draw a nice image of Celeste summoning those healing stars from his latest battles, or some other memorable moment!" responded Petram, his purple eyes glowing softly. "Or you could collect leaves! And signatures from the others! And... well, anything that could be scribbled on paper."

He raised his paws dramatically, while his tails flared with ghostly power. "Let your imagination go wild! The more creative it is, the better!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Petram grinned. “Sweet! If you want, I can help you gather some stuff for your scrapbook. I like to explore this world and keep aside the most unique items. I could keep something for you, too.”

He tilted his head. “Or, if you want it all to be your effort, maybe we could take a few trips together. Kinda like an exploration team. Would you… like that?”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Soul bounced up and down. "Yes! I think I'd like that! I'll need to learn to fight so I we can fend off any maurauders and ruffians who fall upon us! There's so many things I could learn. I could be a fairy, or a bug, or a ghost or a psychic!"

Soul's enthusiasm dropped. "There's too many choices, really."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Petram chuckled in amusement. “Well, you know what they say, ‘the only real limit it’s the cosmos’. I bet that whoever you will become you will be something really cool!”

The Vulpix paused for a while, before crossing his paws. “Um… But yeah, the choices are virtually limitless, and they all have their pros and cons. Maybe… oh! Maybe you could be something to better defend Celeste?” He placed a paw under his chin, emulating The Thinker. “Since he’s Dark-type, then you might choose psychic powers? Y’know, to kick any fighter’s butt with the power of your mind?”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Soul considered the option. They could probably draw one Celeste's memories of his mother or sister to become a psychic... Or would she have to start as a Fennekin? Still, there were other psychics out there.

To be able to bend their world with their mind. It was a tempting option. It was really that or becoming a fairy.

The idea that being a psychic didn't sit quite right with them, though. Celeste already didn't like Soul being able to read his mind. "Maybe I could be a-"

Her voice trailed off. To say that out loud would be a commitment. "A fairy. What are some nice fairies?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Well, Daddy is nice, and he’s a fairy,” pointed out Petram, before racking his brains even further. “Otherwise, hmm… Primarina? That’s a pretty form! Or… or Cutiefly, yes. Fast and with that aura thingy for empathy stuff! Or… um… Sylveon? That’d be perfect for hugs!”

He started laughing. “I dunno any others, these are the ones that I’ve gotten from Daddy’s memories. Most of his fairy knowledge came from his family, to be frank.”

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Soul was intrigued. "Oh? Ice vulpixes are fairies, too? That would be a good pick."

Soul focused on their form. It had been hard to define their vague legs, but this time they had a goal. Six tails formed. A head. Ears. Their stubby appendages refined into proper legs, ending in paws.

"There. How do I look?" Soul inspected their new body. They liked it okay, but they weren't sure it was quite right. Maybe it was worth trying on a Cutiefly form or something. They let go of the focus on their form, and... nothing happened. There was no heart within the shade, but Soul felt like there was a heart in their chest, fluttering in panic.

"Wait. Hold on. Why can't I go back? Why can't I go back?" They sighed, "I hope this is good, then."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Petram stared at Soul with wide eyes, flabbergasted by their chosen pick. He leaned forward, studying their body shape and the tails. Six tails! Similar to his own tails!

“Yoh! You look awesome!”

Without a second thought, he went to hug the new Vulpix, wagging his own tails.

“You could be like a big sibling! Yay! Because, well, you’re a bit older than me, yes?” he squealed, before gasping and taking a step back. “Oh! Sorry, I guess I got a bit too excited there, haha!”

He grinned while his tails wagged faster. “And… yeah! Kinda sucks that once we choose a form we’re stuck with that shape. I wanted to try becoming a Skitty for the giggles, but didn’t work. But hey, at least you look good!” He smiled warmly. “And who knows? Perhaps Celeste will like your new form, too!”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Petram stared at Soul with wide eyes, flabbergasted by their chosen pick. He leaned forward, studying their body shape and the tails. Six tails! Similar to his own tails!
Feeling shy under Petram's gaze, Soul pulled their six tails over themself. Then Petram hugged them. It felt... nice.
“You could be like a big sibling! Yay! Because, well, you’re a bit older than me, yes?”
"I am older, I guess..." Soul didn't feel older, though. It was Petram helping them figure themself out, and not the other way around. "I didn't really do anything before the day you hatched from your rock, though. So... I don't feel any older. Maybe just... like siblings?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oh? Well, it’s the same for me! Older, younger, same age… makes no difference!” chirped Petram, before clapping his paws together. “So! What do you think if we try to figure out your new skills? You wanna keep Celeste safe, no? Then we gotta train a bit so that you can channel power and all that stuff. Are you up for it?”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oh, that’s easy! All you need to do it’s to focus on your stone,” Petram motioned toward his own Ultra Stone, “and feel that weird tingly thingy energy stuff. As soon as you feel it, you go fwaaam and let it all out. Like this!”

Petram raised his paws in a overly dramatical way, as if trying to touch the heavens themselves and channel arcane magic… but all he got was a small spark in the middle of his paws, which produced a tiny cloud of smoke. He blinked a few times, before laughing sheepishly.

“Oopsie! This was a dud, ha ha ha!”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Soul focused on the stone in their core. Purple wisps of energy swirled around them. Soul didn't want to hurt Petram, nor to damage anything else in the room, and their wisps fizzled out during the indecision.

"I did something! I did something! That looked a little bit like what Astrid did... Do you think it was the same thing?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Oh, yeah! It looked like some kind of ghostly stuff right there," commented Petram, his tails swaying gently. "Hmm... Astrid... So maybe that was Hex, or some other Ghost move? After all, Vulpix have strong ties with spiritual powers, so perhaps that's what you manifested there?"

Petram hummed in deep thought, before shrugging. "Heh, I don't have much experience with that, I'm afraid. Most I've done so is creating wisps and sparks."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom