• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Polteageist Cafe

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora let out a happy yip, taking the menu and opening it wide open. Reading was... not the easiest thing to do, he only really picked up on it after getting tied to Lee, and even then... he was never outright taught anything.

"Hmmmmmmmmmm..." Kora hummed, flipping through the words and words and pictures and more words until he found one of the things he was looking for. There were pictures of pies, and pies were desserts, and so were cakes! "A-ha!" he snickered. Now for one of the few words he knew...

"Chocolate... chocolate... There!" Kora pointed at something labeled "Triple Chocolate layer cake" but only cared about the words "Chocolate" and "triple." "How's this, hun? It sounds delicious, since it has chocolate!"

He looked through the menu further, his eyes widening as he spotted a bottle, and another word he knew... "Whisky..." Kora muttered, then looked to Polteageist. "Could we get a bottle of whiskey, please?" he asked, grinning.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Chocolate... chocolate... There!" Kora pointed at something labeled "Triple Chocolate layer cake" but only cared about the words "Chocolate" and "triple." "How's this, hun? It sounds delicious, since it has chocolate!"
Lance smirked. "Sure! Chocolate cake! There's some rumors about my species being unable to eat anything with chocolate, but... don't worry! I never had any problems with that!"

"Could we get a bottle of whiskey, please?" he asked, grinning.
"...Whiskey? Sure, I guess. Never had one, but alright."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Poltergeist nodded, and floated away to the backroom.

Not long after, they returned with the requested items.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora clapped his paws, carefully taking the bottle and cake and placing both on the table between him and Lance. "Thank you, Polteageist!" he yipped, smiling brightly. He had half a mind to offer to share with the owner, Polteageist was a ghost type and Kora heckin loved those.

But Lance was a fair bit more important, even in Kora's hyperactive nature currently. So instead, he offered the teapot possessor some extra money. It was probably a bad thing that he scrounged around Orbeetle's house for cash but it's not like Orbeetle was gonna use it.

He twisted the top off of the whiskey bottle and poured it into three glasses, sliding one over to Lance and another to Polteageist, but he wouldn't be upset if the ghost declined. Kora raised his glass, grinning. "I think this is called a toast? I dunno why, since we don't have bread, but we do have cake which is a whole lot better!"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Kora raised his glass, grinning. "I think this is called a toast? I dunno why, since we don't have bread, but we do have cake which is a whole lot better!"
Lance also raised his glass, gulping. He wasn't much of a drinker, but Kora was important enough for him to ignore that.

"...A toast! But uh, for what?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"To being happy!"
Now that was something he didn't feel for a long time. Until now, of course. Lance raised his glass more and took a big sip of the whiskey, immediately putting the glass on the table, without even savoring it.

"T-That's... strong? I-I think it is. I never had this before."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora downed his entire glass without even batting an eyes, letting out a giggle and a hiccup. "It's not the strongest stuff out there, but I enjoy it from time to time," he nodded, bobbing his head from side to side. "I feel like I could drink it forever, *hic."

He already started to fill his glass again, downing it again and humming a happy tone. "It kinda tastes sweeter drinking it with someone else, which is weird I think, but who cares?" Kora snickered, scooting closer to Lance and purring.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Kora downed his entire glass without even batting an eyes, letting out a giggle and a hiccup. "It's not the strongest stuff out there, but I enjoy it from time to time," he nodded, bobbing his head from side to side. "I feel like I could drink it forever, *hic."
That wasn't the strongest stuff?! Lance had just one glass and was beginning to feel dizzy. Probably a result of not drinking.

"Huh. If Brian was here, he'd probably have a drinking contest with you."

Lance didn't want to be left behind in... whatever that was, so he refilled the glass, drinking it in one sip. And immeddiately regretted it, blinking a couple of times and shivering.
"It kinda tastes sweeter drinking it with someone else, which is weird I think, but who cares?" Kora snickered, scooting closer to Lance and purring.
"I... see. Normally, I don't—" he let out a hiccup and blushed in embarassment. "I don't usually drink, but with a handsome fella like you? I can do that."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Oh yeah, Brian! How is he? It ain't often I meet another Zoroark, I kinda miss him," Kora sighed, then slapped a smug grin on his snout. "And he's missin' out on this cake!" As he said that, he sliced into the fancy chocolate cake and took out a big ol' slice. He then, with the grace and tact and mannerism of a gentleman, ate the entire slice in one bite.

Almost a quarter of the cake.

Gone.

Reduced to atoms.

He even washed it down with another glass of whiskey, like a true gentleman.

"I... see. Normally, I don't—" he let out a hiccup and blushed in embarrassment. "I don't usually drink, but with a handsome fella like you? I can do that."

"Awwwww~" Kora rested his head on top of Lance's, snickering to himself. "I don't get how you get to be so nice to me, an' everyone else is such a stickler... strictler? Strickster..." he let out a faint growl. "I dunno the word..."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Oh yeah, Brian! How is he? It ain't often I meet another Zoroark, I kinda miss him,"
Lance drooped his ears, thinking about his brother. Maybe he was worried...

"If I know him... and I do, he's probably worried about me—"

Almost a quarter of the cake.

Gone.

Reduced to atoms.
...What. What.

Lance looked at that with his eyes widened. He dated a glutton? It wasn't really a problem, just unexpected. He took a slice of the cake and ate it, chewing slowly.

"Awwwww~" Kora rested his head on top of Lance's, snickering to himself. "I don't get how you get to be so nice to me, an' everyone else is such a stickler... strictler? Strickster..." he let out a faint growl. "I dunno the word..."
He took another sip of the whiskey, letting out a hiccup again. And then carefully scratched Kora's head.

"I told you. I love you. I might be rude to other people, but to anyone close? Not so much..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I told you. I love you."

Kora purred from the head scratches, then heated up from the mention of that "L" word again. All his years of being in the relationship business, and he still couldn't handle that word. And by years, it is actually just "year."

Which is also a technicality, because that's rounding his actual experience up so that it he could call it a year.

Kora also had no idea what rounding was.

"I'm... really happy, cuz of that," Kora hummed happily, resting a paw on Lance's and giving it a soft squeeze. "Makin' me feel all warm an' fuzzy an' shit... not that I don't mind."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance blushed with the squeeze, but continued to smile. Not something that happened everyday, he knew it.

"I'm... really happy, cuz of that," Kora hummed happily, resting a paw on Lance's and giving it a soft squeeze. "Makin' me feel all warm an' fuzzy an' shit... not that I don't mind."
"Well, I am fluffy and warm. So are you!"

With his free paw, Lance took another sip of the whiskey. This time, he felt a gurgle deep inside his throat. He tried to hold it in, but, to his despair, it came out as a burp.

That left him embarassed, to the point of looking down. "I'm... sorry."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
With his free paw, Lance took another sip of the whiskey. This time, he felt a gurgle deep inside his throat. He tried to hold it in, but, to his despair, it came out as a burp.

That left him embarrassed, to the point of looking down. "I'm... sorry."

"Better out than in I always say," Kora laughed. He would have done the same, as a show of like... kindness or something, but for some reason he just couldn't burp. Instead, he took another glass of whiskey and shuddered. It was finally starting to take effect, which meant he felt slightly more mindless than usual.

"Ya ain't gotta be sorry, hun, isss fine~!" Kora snickered, petting Lance on the head. "Let's just enjoy the fun timess together~!"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Ya ain't gotta be sorry, hun, isss fine~!" Kora snickered, petting Lance on the head. "Let's just enjoy the fun timess together~!"
Lance laughed, but was stil visibly embarassed. But hey, he was there to drink his inhibitions away, right? And Kora seemed to be doing just that. Maybe it was time for Lance to do the same. He took another sip and hiccuped. Bumbling around, he got closer to Kora, hugging hin tight.

"Heeeey~" he smirked. "Are you like... a grilled Blaziken? 'Cause you're... warm?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Pfft," Kora sputtered and laughed, wrapping an arm around Lance and drinking another glass. "A-Are you... Are you this cake? Because you're so soft an' sweet~"
"Hehe," Lance snickered, drinking again. He gave a quick peck on the fox's cheek and smiled. "Yoou.. gotta know Tail Whip."

The next words left him for a moment, but he soon found them.

"C-Cause your beauty leaves me defenseless~"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hehe," Lance snickered, drinking again. He gave a quick peck on the fox's cheek and smiled. "Yoou.. gotta know Tail Whip."

The next words left him for a moment, but he soon found them.

"C-Cause your beauty leaves me defenseless~"

Kora purred, giving Lance a smooch on the cheek. "I-I bet you's know... you know how to fly..." Despite being intoxicated, Kora was probably thinking far harder than he ever had before. Not that anyone would be able to tell the difference.

"Y-You gotta know how to fly, b-*hic-because you... I... I wanna have my head in the clouds with you..."

'Nailed it...'

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance returned the sooch, repeating it a couple of times. He began to scratch Kora's fluffy mane with one of his paws, and with the other, took another slice of cake, tail wagging.

"I... kinda ran out of punchlines," he laughed. "Can we like, just cuddle? This is nice..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora giggled from the kisses, wrapping Lance tightly in his arms. "Th-That'd be nice," he snickered, grabbing the whiskey bottle and drinking directly from it. He drank about half of it, then grabbed another slice o' cake.

He figured it wouldn't be entirely fair for only him to have scritches and pets, so Kora brought his paws up behind Lance's ears and scratched away. "I thinks I rememberrr this beinngg nice to doggos..." he cooed, kissing Lance on the forehead.

Top Bottom