• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Combusken gave an exasperated sigh. Seems like this group, or most of it at least, were committed to this.

196th imitator? Or is it 195.5th? said:
"I'm half human, if that helps at all."

Half-human? What did that even mean?

Actually having some sense said:
"Sorry, Combusken. Not human. And I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with some kind of pretender issue, though. Are folks trying to extort generosity by posing as heroes or something? That's quite unfortunate."

Maybe said:
"Hmph. I'm not a human, Combusken. I'm a normal Lucario... Apart from the scars, I suppose. Regardless, I'm not any impersonator, and I'm sorry if you have to deal with that in a regular basis."

"Thank you," the Combusken said, a tiny smile gracing his beak. "There's been so many Pokemon who've been pretending to be humans for fame and fortune. Some have nearly even gotten away with it too."

197th imitator said:
"Oh really, I'm not a human, am I? Perhaps you'd like to explain to me why I, a totally normal mimikyu, am stuck without a covering and have to hide beneath this human hat instead!"

And another one. Mimikyus were always looking for attention. "Look, you're not the first Mimikyu who's used that exact same strategy to pretend to be human. Not even the second, or third. Try something different if you want to fool me," the Combusken said, before blinking. "Actually no, please don't."

198th and 199th imitators said:
"Wait, but me and Morgan are humans... uh, were humans, I don't know. But we we definitely used to be people!! Are, um, are humans suddenly being pokemon a thing. Because we used to be humans!! Do you know what happened to us?"

This one was definitely the least convincing of the bunch. There was a bunch of uncertainty in their voice, and humans had never arrived in groups of more than one before. At least, not more than one in close proximity to each other.

The big two oh oh said:
"I'm not pretending. I really used to be human. Do you know something about why we became pokemon?"

And this one was barely even trying.

"If by some miracle one of you is actually human, I'm sorry, but I have to take precautions," the Combusken said. "I don't want another death to occur because some Pokemon bit off more than they could chew."

He muttered under his breath, "Leviene was always better at this then me..."

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance sighed again. Oh, how he was glad Meggie wasn't there. She wouldn't be very convincing, and neither would his uncle. Were transformed humans really that common?

"...What about you, Combusken? Are you a human?"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"If by some miracle one of you is actually human, I'm sorry, but I have to take precautions," the Combusken said. "I don't want another death to occur because some Pokemon bit off more than they could chew."

Amanda blinked. "Oh -- wait -- a death?!?" She took off into the air, darted right in front of Combusken's face. "But we are humans? Oh no, is that really dangerous?!"

"Amanda!" Morgan extricated themself from the scarf. They wove around the other pokemon to the swablu. Amanda's voice's rose into an anxious whimper. Morgan landed, not sure to say with Combusken right in front of them.

"Amanda," they said more quietly.

Where were they? Could anyone be trusted?

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
And another one. Mimikyus were always looking for attention. "Look, you're not the first Mimikyu who's used that exact same strategy to pretend to be human. Not even the second, or third. Try something different if you want to fool me," the Combusken said, before blinking. "Actually no, please don't."
Lillie quivered beneath her hat. "No!"

She was so very, very tempted to peek out from under her hat and look for her bag. Not only would the items in there help prove her humanity, there was also her pills in there. She really could use one of them right now... If they even worked on Mimikyu. She was so much smaller the human dosage probably wouldn't work on her... It was best not to tempt fate any further. She was used to not being allowed to take them, anyways...

Except that this time, she was in public. She was supposed to take them if she felt like this in public to prevent her from humiliating herself... That's all she was accomplishing right now, anyways. Making a joke of herself.
A series of sob-like whimpers came out from beneath the hat.

"What precautions? Am... I'm not really going to die, am I? If there was a human, would they die?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Precautions?" Koa growled. "Another death?"

He glanced around, then at the 'Mimikyu', which seemed to be hidden under the hat.

Just where had he ended up? "How do we know we can trust you at all? Maybe you're the one making this all up." He said to Combusken.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Calm down. I doubt anyone here's about to drop dead." Pink lines rippled through Nero's head crest and tail. "I don't sense any hostile auras around he—"

"... mew!"

There was an audible pop. A mew flopped down on Nero's back. He visibly winced. "Err... yeah. Don't sense any danger."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"How would you kno-"

His sentence trailed off and he simply stared at Nero's back. No... no it couldn't be. "....." He tried to speak but all that came out was a strangled cry of shock. "Mew" he squeaked finally. "Mew!" he shouted much louder. "I knew you were real!" He began to laugh, unable to contain himself. This was better than he could ever have hoped for.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Mew?"

Mew teleported over to Cranidos. They knocked on the hard head. The satisfying thump brought a sparkle to their eyes. Mew flopped on Cranidos' head and purred.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Whoops. Wrong projection. Good going, buddy."

"Excuse me? In what way is this my fault?"

"Well it definitely wasn't mine."

"I'll have you know, my abilities to project through the Overworld are unparalleled."

"Blah blah blah, I'm the best, everyone else is a bunch of hackers, right, Barky?" Star rolled her eyes, then flicked her tiny, pink paw on the larger Pokemon's forehead.

It was a strange sight--though since there was already one present, it was not too strange to spot a second Mew among their ilk who had appeared. The Mew sat atop the head of Arceus, though he seemed a lot smaller than usual. His diminutive stature suggested that, perhaps, he was also a lot weaker.

"Alright, where's the party at?" Star asked, kicking off of Barky's head. "Name's Star, and this is Barky."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
... huh. Well, it was time to troll.

"What up, Mom? What up, Dad? You're late," Nero said, completely straight faced.

Mew didn't move from their spot. Were they even aware of the new arrivals?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Mew... Mew was on his head right now. Mew, Guardian of Life, was just.. just laying there... on his head. His head! Purring!!!

He felt dizzy, and absolutely giddy. "hey" he squeaked out a word, uncertain what else to say. For a moment, he closed his eyes, reveling in the delight. Then he opened them, looked up, and saw Arceus and another Mew. His jaw dropped and he promptly collapsed.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Morgan and Amanda both stared at the legendaries, all other concerns forgotten.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Now he smirked. "God Killer, at your service." He bowed at Star and Barky. "Interesting nickname by the way, Dad. You look more like a gogoat than a dog."

Mew poked an eye open. In a flash of pink, they were at Star's side, poking the other mew's belly. "... mew?"

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance backed away, his normal, stoic expression turning into confusion once he saw Arceus. God. That was God. The one being he couldn't believe was real. No, it had to be some sort of illusion... maybe his brother was playing tricks on him. On second thought, Brian wouldn't do these things.

It's not real, it's not real...

The Lucario backed away again, shivering and looking at his scar, memories of that day coming back. Oh, how he prayed that someone would save him that one time. The Pokémon he wanted rescue from was standing right there.

Every other thing vanished from his mind, and Lance looked down, not speaking anything, too busy with memories to deal with that.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Rather slowly, Koa felt himself waking, feeling rather dazed. What a dream. First, he'd woken up as a Cranidos, then a Mew showed up, then another Mew and an Arceus! He sighed blissfully. Too bad he couldn't just stay in the dream forever. With a sigh, he forced his eyes open. Only to see both Mews and Arceus still present, as well as Nero, the hybrid pokemon-thing...

"This is real..." he whispered. He stared between the legendaries, to stunned to speak.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Want me to pinch you to test that theory?" Nero raised a foreleg to show off his chitinous, razor-sharp claws.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Want me to pinch you to test that theory?" Nero raised a foreleg to show off his chitinous, razor-sharp claws.
Koa stared at his claws. "Uh... no thanks. I'm good." His gaze returned almost immediately to the legendaries, who were still very much real. And maybe a hair smaller than expected, in the case of Arceus. But who was he to judge?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Combusken's eyes widened as the mew appeared. His thoughts briefly shifted towards his Mew teammate back at the Expedition Society, before being brought back to the group.

His eyes widened further as he saw another Mew, and Arceus appear.

"Oh."

Either the greatest Zoroark of all time was among the group, or this was legitimate. This was real. Not one, not two, not three, not even four, but four and a half(?) humans, as well as several other Pokemon. All here at once.

He REALLY wished Leviene was here right now.

"I'm sorry for doubting you," the Combusken said. "No one here is going to die. At least, I really hope not. Anyways, my name is Ayueg, and it's nice to meet you. And yes, I'm human. Or was, at least."

Now, to figure out just what the heck happened to cause all this.

He turned towards the Mew. "What 'party' are you talking about?"

Maybe that had something to do with this.

Top Bottom