• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"No, not really," Lee scoffed, grinning. "The myths and legends of gods are, in a sense, full of excess flavor."

"They're good, but not nearly as good as the stories say," Kora sighed. "I was disappointed quite a few times, actually..."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero smiled innocently at the cranidos. "Nope! I work with Xerneas and get lunch with my buddies Latias and Lugia on the regular."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"No, not really," Lee scoffed, grinning. "The myths and legends of gods are, in a sense, full of excess flavor."

"They're good, but not nearly as good as the stories say," Kora sighed. "I was disappointed quite a few times, actually..."
Koa's jaw dropped, then he growled again. "You're full of excess flavor!" he snarled. He whipped around to glare at Nero, then narrowed his eyes. It was hard to tell if he was lying or being sarcastic. He huffed in reply. Other worlds or not, he couldn't stand hearing legends so disrespected and disregarded.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Wait, really?" Nero sniffed in Lee's general direction. "Hmm. I only smell dirt and sweat. Not really flavors, if you ask me."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Koa's jaw dropped, then he growled again. "You're full of excess flavor!" he snarled.

Lee gave a low bow, snickering to himself. "Oh, you're too kind! Although, in my own not at all humble opinion, I'd say I have just the right amount of flavor. You don't see me galivanting about my power now, do you?"

"Wait, really?" Nero sniffed in Lee's general direction. "Hmm. I only smell dirt and sweat. Not really flavors, if you ask me."

Lee flinched, then let out a growl. He stood back up and crossed his arms, glaring at the Silvally. "Must you take everything so literally?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It was written into my employment contract," Nero deadpanned.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Lee gave a low bow, snickering to himself. "Oh, you're too kind! Although, in my own not at all humble opinion, I'd say I have just the right amount of flavor. You don't see me galivanting about my power now, do you?"

"Arghh!" Koa cried. "Fine then! You're flavorless!" he said. "Legends earned their status because of what they've done. They use their power to protect the world and everything in it. I don't see you doing much."

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
That convo was getting out of hand, and Lance stopped paying attention to the conversation, too trapped in his thoughts to care enough. But something got his attention.

Koa's jaw dropped, then he growled again. "You're full of excess flavor!" he snarled.
"...What does full of excess flavor even mean?" Lance blinked a couple of times. "IT's at moments like this I wish Brian was here... social interactions aren't my forte."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa rolled his eyes. "Forget it," he snapped at the Lucario. "Brains aren't your forte apparently either," he muttered under his breath.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, that's not very nice of you." Nero's sonar-like ears twitched to indicate that, yes, he heard the smart remark.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"It was written into my employment contract," Nero deadpanned.

"I..." Kora blinked. "Can I get a job at wherever you're working too? I have a feeling I'd do good there."

"Arghh!" Koa cried. "Fine then! You're flavorless!" he said. "Legends earned their status because of what they've done. They use their power to protect the world and everything in it. I don't see you doing much."

Lee snickered and grinned even wider. "Exactly. It's called charity, if you flaunt it around, it's meaningless. So you're welcome for my unseen contributions towards keeping the world at peace."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Well, that's not very nice of you." Nero's sonar-like ears twitched to indicate that, yes, he heard the smart remark.
"And you're such a nice guy, huh."

He glared back at Kora.
"Unseen? Or maybe didn't happen." He dug his claws into the ground. This was going nowhere. "Maybe you've just done so little to contribute no one notices anyway."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Contracts? Unhealthily extreme idolization of legends? Pretending to have had interactions with legendaries? Nonsense concepts like "Ultra Wormholes"? Already claiming to be heroes? These definitely were another bunch of human imitators. Seriously, this was what, the 7th time this month that this happened?

"Look, if you're all pretending to be former humans, please just stop now. I've had to deal with so many reports this month already, and we all have important things to take care of," the Combusken said. "You all are making our efforts to find the next human really, really difficult. Don't make me call Officer Magnezone."

That usually was enough to scare them into stopping the act.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Unseen? Or maybe didn't happen." He dug his claws into the ground. This was going nowhere. "Maybe you've just done so little to contribute no one notices anyway."

Kora raised a brow. "Well yeah, why would I wanna be seen all the time? I have to fight like... a lotta bad guys. If everyone knew where I was and what I was doing, I'd have to fight even more. And Lee said that."

"He's so dumbstruck by the prospect of legends being less than they wrote themselves to be that's he's confusing us for one another," Lee laughed.

"You all are making our efforts to find the next human really, really difficult. Don't make me call Officer Magnezone."

Kora raised his arm. "I'm half human, if that helps at all."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Sorry, Combusken. Not human." Nero pecked at his right shoulder. "And I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with some kind of pretender issue, though. Are folks trying to extort generosity by posing as heroes or something? That's quite unfortunate."

... and a potential reason this world could've attracted the Ultra Recon Squad's attention.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Hmph. I'm not a human, Combusken. I'm a normal Lucario..." Lance shivered for a bit. "Apart from the scars, I suppose. Regardless, I'm not any impersonator, and I'm sorry if you have to deal with that in a regular basis."

Humans. What was so special about them anyway? He only met two and they were, for all intents and purposes, regular Pokémon.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
The word human echoed in Spirit's head. It was a word she'd known, before she lost her memory... She could almost picture one... She'd been found in a human ruin, right? Of course she'd heard it before...

The hat on the ground moved towards the combusken. An irritated voice emanated from beneath it. "Oh really, I'm not a human, am I? Perhaps you'd like to explain to me why I, a totally normal mimikyu, am stuck without a covering and have to hide beneath this human hat instead!"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Amanda... was a swablu! And Morgan was a swoobat!! The last thing Amanda remembered was being in Chargestone, and now there were talking pokemon all arguing and she was a talking pokemon and ahhhhhhh

"Look, if you're all pretending to be former humans, please just stop now. I've had to deal with so many reports this month already, and we all have important things to take care of," the Combusken said. "You all are making our efforts to find the next human really, really difficult. Don't make me call Officer Magnezone."

"Wait, but me and Morgan are humans... uh, were humans, I don't know. But we we definitely used to be people!!" Amanda objected.

Morgan stiffened. "Amanda," they said, their eyes looking everywhere and their ears twitching. Amanda had broken free from Scarf, but Morgan had somehow gotten caught instead. They flapped the one wing which was free while Amanda fluttered toward the talking combusken and continued:

"Are, um, are humans suddenly being pokemon a thing. Because we used to be humans!! Do you know what happened to us?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

Koa ignored the others in favor of paying attention to the new arrival, the Combusken. "I'm not pretending. I really used to be human." He swallowed. As neat as was to be a pokemon, a scarier thought loomed. What if he could never get back? What if he never saw Echo again? He glanced over at the other pokemon, a Swablu and a Swoobat. So they were like him? Humans?

He turned back to Combusken. "Do you know something about why we became pokemon?"

LukeSkyRunner

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him
Duke slowly opened his eyes, as he was laying on the ground, the multicolored autum leaves. Duke then looked up, at the large trees around him. This kind of environment was very alien to Duke.

"Huh!? W-where am I? What are these things?"

Duke was, of course talking about the trees and the leaves, which he was mostly unfamiliar with, Duke came from a scorching hot wasteland, with no tree to be found, seeing so many trees and leaves was something to get used to.

"What happened? How did I get here? Where's Mom? Where's Cam? Where's Clay?"

Duke took a little walk to the side of the hill facing the town. Duke looked down upon it, he saw the fog, the buildings and figures of what seems to be pokémon going from place to place, Duke then proceeded to walk down the hill, towards the town.

Top Bottom