• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
Why can't she be the godfather? Godfather is a passive role, and probably a pretty safe role to be inactive as if the cop decides to check the inactives.
You're right, I got my terminology wrong and should have double-checked it. I meant that espy couldn't be the killing role.

Equitia specifically said that he gets a different result for no action than being roleblocked, so this is definitely not the case.
Another error on my part. I meant that Equita could have been roleblocked. (which may have been the case, considering recent developments.)

Wait, can there be two roleblockers or is someone lying
Theoretically there could be two; we've had games with two of the same role (two protectors, two bulletproof, two swappers). That said, the likelihood of two roleblockers is slim, unless one is mafia. So either one is lying, or one is town and the other is mafia.

Anyways, for now Unvote: Persephone. I need to spend a little time revisiting the thread. But I have a feeling the best course of action is going to be lynching one of DW and Nuki. It's just a question of which.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
So we gotta pick sides, yeah? Between either DW and Nuki...

Yeah I have no idea who to pick, so perhaps I will ask a question for them both to answer.

@Tanuki @If you both are roleblockers, and both used your ability, who did you use it on and why?

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
@Tanuki @If you both are roleblockers, and both used your ability, who did you use it on and why?
Already answered in their claims. Nuki says he used it on me N0 (which lines up with Equita's claim), and Equita N1. and DW just answered.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I blocked Wind because of bad reasoning on my part. I just thought we had more to gain from blocking a mafia than a town since blocking a doctor would do nothing, and really I wouldn’t do more harm than I would good. I don’t really think the same now, but it was my logic at the time.

It did work out for good in the end, though, because now we know for certain Equitia is telling the truth. I’m fine with getting lynched if it means Equitia’s name is cleared.

Equitia, like I said, I blocked because of Del’s post scaring me into thinking about some conspiracy surrounding me. It was honestly a bit of a panic move, but I thought I’d at least have a chance at stopping mafia.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I’m going to fully admit that the smarter move, barring these insane coincidences, is to not roleblock night one. But I’m not as experienced as Dawning. This is more proof that Dawning is very good at the game, but desperately doesn’t want us to think they are.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
I have gained nothing except the right to continue wearing my Dunce hat. But thanks Nuki anyway for like, actually answering

Guess I'll leave this to rng, which, funnily enough, has led me to vote for DawningWinds

I will gladly change that vote should the need arise.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I’m going to fully admit that the smarter move, barring these insane coincidences, is to not roleblock night one. But I’m not as experienced as Dawning. This is more proof that Dawning is very good at the game, but desperately doesn’t want us to think they are.
But it's NOT a smarter move for a Mafia roleblocker, being as the worst thing that could happen is that they'd try to block a passive role (or a PGO but I HIGHLY doubt there'd be one in this game), and, if I am Mafia and acted N0, would it make sense for me to risk lying about it and being implicated by a Tracker or Watcher? And if I'm Mafia and DIDN't act night zero, does that really make me "very good at the game"?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
It’s also worth pointing out that Equitia’s claims verify mine, but very little verifies DW’s. Two role blockers sounds a lot less likely than a lucky shot from a doctor. Hell, I’d be more willing to believe the mafia skipped the night.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
But it's NOT a smarter move for a Mafia roleblocker, being as the worst thing that could happen is that they'd try to block a passive role (or a PGO but I HIGHLY doubt there'd be one in this game), and, if I am Mafia and acted N0, would it make sense for me to risk lying about it and being implicated by a Tracker or Watcher? And if I'm Mafia and DIDN't act night zero, does that really make me "very good at the game"?
It’s super possible you’re lying considering Equitia’s our only known tracker role, so there isn’t anyone to discredit you that we know of. It makes sense for you to have roleblocked night one and then lied about it now. That’s even if you are mafia’s roleblock, which I kind of doubt.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
It’s super possible you’re lying considering Equitia’s our only known tracker role, so there isn’t anyone to discredit you that we know of. It makes sense for you to have roleblocked night one and then lied about it now. That’s even if you are mafia’s roleblock, which I kind of doubt.
Why would I claim Roleblocker as scum, a role that's usually Mafia? Especially when town already HAD a claimed roleblocker (who was confirmed to be roleblocker by a widely townread player's result nonetheless!) so if I managed to get them lynched, town would just come after me instead- one for one is never worth it for the Mafia. AND when I'm not even a roleblocker, so nobody will ever have the results to back my claim up, meaning town would just be taking my word for it eternally?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Okay, some things happened while I was gone. Not much time now, but two things:

Equitia specifically said that he gets a different result for no action than being roleblocked, so this is definitely not the case.

I get "no result" if my target doesn't use a night role, if they have no active role, or if I get roleblocked. I cannot tell if I was roleblocked last night.

I really don’t like this. We don’t know what her role is, and it could be a huge threat to mafia. She should at least get to use it. Even if she’s mafia, could she be the killer if she didn’t post night actions?

I guess it’s possible since someone mentioned a shared mafia kill, but I dunno. It seems really unlikely Espy is mafia and I don’t want her to role claim. Even if she doesn’t have a role dangerous to the mafia, that tells the mafia who isn’t a threat.

This is concerning my suggesting Espy roleclaiming. I still think I want her to because 1) it will be harder for her to bluff as mafia and 2) I don't think there will be many downsides if she's town. She hasn't been doing anything, so we won't lose out on much. Tanuki's a roleblocker -- he said he roleblocked me -- so she could be lying.

Unvote: Persephone. Either Tanuki or DawningWind is mafia. There is no reason why there would be two innocent roleblockers. I can't tell now, but we need to aim for one. You probably won't get much out of me tonight. I'll go over everything tomorrow.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
Vote: Tanuki

I might change this later after more information crops up. But right now DW's logic is more sound, I think. That said. If Tanuki get's lynched and flips town, I will be pressing DW on the next day (or if I'm dead I suggest others do the same.) Same goes if the opposite happens.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
This is concerning my suggesting Espy roleclaiming. I still think I want her to because 1) it will be harder for her to bluff as mafia and 2) I don't think there will be many downsides if she's town. She hasn't been doing anything, so we won't lose out on much. Tanuki's a roleblocker -- he said he roleblocked me -- so she could be lying.
I think I agree with this. @SparklingEspeon when you get a moment would you please make a roleclaim? If nothing else, it might help us narrow down some possibilities.

Also
Vote: Tanuki
Edit by way of post. Forgot to bold this.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
This is like watching an Ace Attorney case, and honestly I have no idea who'd be Phoenix and who'd be Edgeworth.

I already let the RNG gods decide who I'm voting for, which is DW, and it already looks like we're gonna have another tie if I keep it there. Which is solely what I'm gonna do, simply because I just don't vibe with DW rn. It's likely that this is bias, and I could be horribly wrong about who's mafia and who's town, but I am really not getting anything from either except Nuki having already been cleared, and DW not exactly so.

Top Bottom