• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Discussion] You Are a Rock

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Hold on, our enemies are named the "Prism Knights", as in something that produces every color of the rainbow. And what's the one type that a Pokemon with every type combined is weak to? That's right, rock type. Coincidence? Hmm... HMMMMMMM...

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Oh shit, they have triple wekness for rock-type?! What fools we've been!

namo must be so disappointed that walrein solved the game :sadbees:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Very interesting theory.

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
Oh sweet, we do have a new character, nice! Human shaped with prominent claws huh... As Negrek mentioned, lots of potential candidates for that one. Watch it be an Igglybuff on dinosaur stilts or something :mewlulz:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Well! I begin to get an inkling of why Druddigon and company don't like us, lol

Interesting that Weavile seems much more emotive now. I wonder whether that was just a facade, or whether something about being "KO'd" broke whatever had a hold over him earlier. (Was possessing him, maybe?)

I think how I'm leaning here is the "restrain" option--try to get his bag away from him, maybe Lenora can capture him if she's got another pokéball, and then maybe we can have someone who knows what they're doing help question him? (Like maybe an E4 member could get involved here?) But there's admittedly a lot that could go wrong there, from him just managing to escape/getting rescued to us getting treated as suspiciously as he is/not allowed in on whatever is learned from him.

I'm not interested in going the full evil murder option here (and I'm guessing you aren't, either), but I admit I am a little tempted by "claim." It's... not necessarily evil? If it's something like we're actually Necrozma and our z-crystals have gotten dispersed among several pokémon "fragments" like weavile and we need to resorb them to do whatever, then maybe that would be the way to go here. But it's hard for that option not to feel at least a bit evil with how Weavile clearly wants nothing to do with us, lol, and idk how Lenora's going to react to seeing... whatever precisely that ends up being.

One way or another, maybe a telepathic "Tell me what happened to Millie and I'll let you live," or something along those lines?

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
Interesting that Weavile seems much more emotive now. I wonder whether that was just a facade, or whether something about being "KO'd" broke whatever had a hold over him earlier. (Was possessing him, maybe?)

Yeah, I've been wondering about that too since the blank expressions they had earlier, and that mysterious 4th Pokemon to also point signs to a mind controller fleeing. Something definitely seems off with how they act and coordinate together.

Then again, if mind control or possession was involved, I do wonder if Weavile'd be a bit more disorientated or confused after we struck our powerful blow... could have been as simple as him underestimating us and not thinking his invincibility spell could be broken, and now he's panicking since death is a real possibility. If Team Prism thinks we can't kill them, that might work in our favor if we have to fight Druddigon and Marshstomp at some point...

I'm not interested in going the full evil murder option here (and I'm guessing you aren't, either)

You guess correctly, I'm generally not into genocide routes on the first attempt :unquag: and it would close off some interesting story possibilities if we just kill him right here. I'm personally split 50/50 between the interrogating him and the claim options. Restraining and interrogating him might be our best shot at learning more about the Prism Knights - they claim to need to eliminate us, but is that actually their true goal? What is their connection with the other knights? How are they borderline invincible to everyone but Cobble? Where do they recognize us from, before we got transformed?

Using a Pokeball to contain him is a clever idea, he probably won't be able to stop it now in his weakened state - though the mechanics of a human capturing a sentient PMD Pokemon might get a bit wild. I wonder if he'd be able to backstab us as soon as he comes out, or if the Pokeball tiself can place restrictions on what we can do if Lenora manages to catch him?

But yeah, I'm also definitely quite intrigued about what the claim option is for too! It sounds so... dominant, for lack of a better word. That's a really cool idea with Necrozma, where Weavile would "die", but only in the sense that it would really be a part of ourselves re-merging. Alternatively, if Weavile really was being mind controlled, I wonder if "claim" allows us to sort of impose our own will on Weavile and "kill" him by overwriting his will with our own? That could be pretty scary, especially if that's what Weavile's been under up to now. We could be facing an opponent with the same ability as us...

I'm personally very undecided on how to proceed here, but if you're leaning towards interrogating Weavile, I'm totally onboard with that. Threatening Weavile until we learn about what happened to Millie would be a solid start, and then I'll add in a Telepathy with perhaps a few of those questions from above and see how Weavile responds.

And after all, if "Claim" is some kind of powerful ability that's lying latent within us, I have a feeling this won't be the last time it comes up, and it may very well not be our only chance to activate it either. But we probably will only get one chance to talk to Weavile like this...

Going to be very :eyes: on the next chapter!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Yeah, I've been wondering about that too since the blank expressions they had earlier, and that mysterious 4th Pokemon to also point signs to a mind controller fleeing. Something definitely seems off with how they act and coordinate together.
Ooh, I hadn't even considered the fourth pokémon being some kind of controller. :eyes: But I agree, there definitely seems to be some kind of mind control thing going on, or perhaps a hive mind or something like shadowfication that alters a pokémon's emotions.

Alternatively, if Weavile really was being mind controlled, I wonder if "claim" allows us to sort of impose our own will on Weavile and "kill" him by overwriting his will with our own? That could be pretty scary, especially if that's what Weavile's been under up to now. We could be facing an opponent with the same ability as us...
Yeah, I was kind of wondering this as well... whether "Claiming" a pokémon might let us mind-control them, or actively possess them, or something. It would be wild if the idea was for us to build up our own group of mind-controlled pokémon to use. Surprise villain protagonist. :unquag:

Definitely agree that it seems likely we'll have more "claim" chances. Super intriguing! Fingers crossed this scene goes well.

Top Bottom