• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Discussion] You Are a Rock

Mirage

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
  2. espurr
Looks like we'll have to worry about shadow corruption also acting against our considerations, at least when Dark Matter's nearby.

Oh yeah, Namo was all "imagine Dark Matter having a Consideration slot? How about we find out instead :copyka:":

I don't know that it will affect us too much for a while though. It's mentioned that the corruption will build only slowly, and I can't imagine there being too many scenarios where you, me, or Weavile will side with Dark Matter over the others, and between the three of us, we should be able to suppress his will for quite a while.

Curious whether or not Dark Matter's correct about us not being Yveltal. The Prism Knights seem pretty convinced, and it seems like they of anyone would know, but also there's all kinds of identity fuckery that could be going on here, so who knows. Maybe we're actually the Yveltal of this world or something, not the one who came over with Dark Matter. Maybe we're another species entirely (or originally... maybe we ascended from a mortal pokémon after Yveltal got taken out of commission?). Regardless, we didn't learn very much concrete here.

Those are all very plausible scenarios - I'm very suspicious of Dark Matter's assertion that we aren't Ylvetal, just since we've so many signs. Our power overlap, the appearance of our spirit when we talked to Weavile's spirit directly, our resistance to his corruption, our insanely high power level compared to most things in this world, that fact that Dark Matter DID think we were Ylvetal from a distance... I'm not sure if he's intentionally lying to try to manipulate us, or if he maybe doesn't recognize our reincarnation or revival since we don't have Ylvetal's memories, but I think something's off here.

And while we're on the topic, I'm not convinced by Dark Matter's claim that slaying Xerneas would undo everything destructive on the region here. He says he cares nothing for this world, yet he's clearly not facing much push back in taking it over and spreading his influence... and if he needs Xerneas out of the way, why not take her out directly, when he's clearly more powerful than we are?

Nice prediction again, by the way! The best explanation now appears to be that Xerneas has been corrupted somehow, with how Dark Matter calls her a mockery, and how Kalos is under one giant mystery dungeon. You've been absolutely killing it with seeing where the story is going! :veelove:

Dark Matter also doesn't seem super powerful in this form... so maybe, if we're feeling spicy, we could try to attack. But idk. We might just end up killing Millie if we did that, anyway. :(

We could try, I'm not opposed to it! But given how he effortlessly took over the Knights and can maintain this dungeon, I have a feeling he's significantly more powerful than we are, so we probably don't have much of a shot at winning, especially since none of our allies are nearby. Plus, even if we did, as you mention, Millie would probably sustain a lot of damage.

Though... if we could just get him out of her, that would achieve one of our primary goals... :eyes:

We seem to have been pretty summarily dismissed, and Weavile's obviously desperate to get out of here. I could see maybe trying to get one last question in--maybe demanding more information about Xerneas or else we won't do what DM wants? Other than that I don't know that there's much to do here besides peace.

Yeah - I'm going to ask why he wants us to do this instead of doing it himself, since that's personally my biggest question about this. But after that, I think at this point, our best bet is to play along and figure out what's up with Xerneas. Maybe Xerneas really is corrupted and, while Dark Matter might not exactly be any ally to us, we're at least allies of convenience at the moment. Or maybe Dark Matter is a total liar and we can team up with Xerneas and the Prism Knights to take him down.

But either way, I think setting our for Xerneas right now is our best bet.

When we get the chance, I definitely want to find our more about Xerneas from Weavile. I'm gonna be livid if the answer we get is "Oh yeah, she's a total psycho now. I never mentioned it because you never asked :copyka:"

Last edited:

Negrek

komorebi
Staff
And while we're on the topic, I'm not convinced by Dark Matter's claim that slaying Xerneas would undo everything destructive on the region here. He says he cares nothing for this world, yet he's clearly not facing much push back in taking it over and spreading his influence... and if he needs Xerneas out of the way, why not take her out directly, when he's clearly more powerful than we are?
It's SO sketch, lol. Worth a try to ask him what he's playing at, although unfortunately I think it's pretty unlikely that we'll get a straight answer. I agree that at this point heading for Xerneas is the way to go. We can assess the situation for ourselves and decide what to do from there. It's always possible that it's a trap and DM just wants to get us into that other dungeon to accomplish his own goals in some way, but one way or another we probably need to get our own eyes on Xerneas to really get a sense of what we should do.

When we get the chance, I definitely want to find our more about Xerneas from Weavile. I'm gonna be livid if the answer we get is "Oh yeah, she's a total psycho now. I never mentioned it because you never asked :copyka:"
Weavile does a little trolling of the asshole who stole his body. :mewlulz:

Top Bottom