• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Discussion] You Are a Rock

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Well then. :copyka:

I’m torn on trying to fight it out here. I definitely want to see whether clearing those blobs off someone brings them back to their senses, but there would be easier targets for doing so than the Arcanine. On the other hand, she’d probably be the most helpful to us once purified.

We still have Weavile’s bag, I think? And some helpful items therein. But we don’t know what all they are, and we’d probably need to use a consideration to find out.

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
  2. espurr
Yup, nice welcome to the dungeon we've got here :copyka:

I think we probably need to fight - Arcanine's already lunging at us, and even if we might be able to outrun her, I dunno if N can. Plus, if we run back the way we came, we might bump into Druddigon again, and then we'll have enemies from both ends.

If we were to fight, this would be our first time doing actual combat in Weavile's body... I wonder, do we still have access to our attacks from when we were a rock? If so, if I'm reading everything correct and doing the math right, I think we can actually knock Arcanine out here in a single blow. Catapult has a base damage of 2, and if we add our combined 3+2 Offense stat, that gives us a total damage output of 7. Fallen Arcanine has 7 HP, so that would be the exact amount for a knockout. We can then try removing the dark matter, and see what happens to her?

Although, now that I think about it, we're in a dungeon. If we knock Arcanine's HP down to 0, will she get kicked out, I wonder? If that's the case, we might be better off going for a Rocky Tackle (if we have access) instead, since that will take away 6 of her HP. In that weakened state, it might be easier for us to try to remove the dark matter. If we check the bag, we could also then try to incapacitate her with a Sleep or Stun seed, if we have one of those?

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
  8. meganium
You have the same kinds of attacks, though you do not know just yet how they will interact with Weavile's body specifically.

You also will want to take into account Arcanine's unknown Defense value, which will reduce the damage you deal.

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
  2. espurr
Oooh right, enemies also have their own defense stat. Thanks for the reminder! In that case, it's almost certain that Arcanine won't have a base 1 defense, so we'll probably need to count on several attacks to knock it out.

Could make this fight more dangerous than I thought... but either way, we don't seem to really have a way out at the moment, and Arcanine could be a crucial ally, especially with Druddigon lurking nearby.

I'm back and forth on whether to go for Catapult or Enervate. Enervate seems like a very useful skill here - it reduces Arcanine's effectiveness, won't cost us an energy if it connects, and makes Catapult significantly cheaper. On the other hand, Catapult would tell us how much damage we can do if we make contact, and we'll already get some chip damage in for taking her down.

I think I'll go for Enervate, just since it seems like it'll set us up for success further on in the fight. Checking the bag could be a great idea - I went back and looked, and the last items in there were the badge, warp seed, and a few other unamed seeds. Those unamed seeds in particular might really help us out here, if they can incapacitate her.
If getting her out of the dungeon is all that's required to cure her... I wonder if the badge might be able to do that? If we could rescue her with it maybe?

Of course, then it follows that we would have to get out of the dungeon too...

Last edited:

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
  2. espurr
Very nice on the early unlock, Negrek! :veelove:

Synergize looks like a pretty neat ability, looks like it's meant to reward us for working together with our host and coming up with cool ways to combine their movesets with ours. I'll be looking forward to trying this out!

For our next move here... We're given an out here to run, but I feel like with Arcanine already weakened now, this is our best shot to purge the darkness from her. On the other hand, taking on both Marshtomp and Druddigon at the same time might be a tough challenge, especially since N is significantly weaker than we are.

Perhaps we could try using the Warp Seed on Druddigon, to temporarily displace him? That would allow us to focus on taking down just Marshtomp, and we could then trying removing the dark energy from him and Arcanine... Though we only have one Warp Seed, and it might be a bit early to use it...

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Agreed, warping somebody seems like a good call here. Almost tempted to do Marshtomp rather than Druddigon, since we have ice to use against Druddigon… but idk how willing weavile will be to help us out with that. Warping Druddigon is probably safer.

I figure… we start out enervating him and throw the warp seed? Idk if I could say Enervate and you could follow up with a different attack in your post.

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
  2. espurr
Heyo Namo, small procedural question. For our hosts, do we have a fixed moveset we need to discover (like, say, the traditional four moveslots), or can we use Synergy with any move that Pokemon could feasibly know, so long as we can tie it in with one of our own moves somehow?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
  8. meganium
Pokemon of this world follow four moves that they can actively call upon, but like in Legends Arceus, they can 'swap out' which ones they can readily bring about. However, you have to learn those moves yourself. If a host is uncooperative, you may simply not know what they had channeled. Night Slash was a lucky guess.

Top Bottom