• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ X-Eye Cauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Mmmm." He supposed that was where that line of questioning ended, for now. Maybe he could talk to Arceus again, or something. "Well, so far we sure keep successfully saving the day. Maybe Cibus operates on cartoon logic and we just rescue Darkwhite and the Worldcore is fine and it's sunshine and rainbows. But where I come from that's not how it works, so, you know, less inclined to take that as a given. There a reason you're sure we can get her out of there?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Mostly because this is one of the worlds that operates on literal good vibes," Soda pointed out with a shake of his claw. "When in Rome, Dave. ...Wait, you might not be from the right human world for that one." He hummed. "Just, each world has different rules. Pop's a benevolent Arceus, and he made a world where good can tangibly be stronger than evil. ...But we still gotta work for it, which is why we're fighting the Worldcore in the first place. I guess we need to keep an eye out for a way to save her. I think the best person for an eye for that would be Shield." Soda finished his plate, sighing. "He's been through enough. Time to free Sword from this mess..."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave raised an eyebrow at the first sentence. That was one way to think about it. "So why are you so enthused about coming with to save her, anyway?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Right. That made sense. Dave looked away, exhaling.

"I gather Arceus said Bean's one of the potential suspects. If he's a spy and also an Overseer, that sounds pretty fucking alarming. Think that one's worth looking into? You with your eavesdropping all over the place, seeing if he's going anywhere suspicious at night? I'm thinking I'll talk to him when I get the chance but who knows how much that actually accomplishes."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Mmm." So much for that. Well, at least Owen'd be pretty likely to be amenable. "Maybe keep an eye on Potluck or something instead. I'm told he's been acting funny."

Dave took a deep breath and stood up from the table. "Well, thanks for the chat. Guessing you're still not telling what your non-fucking food name is, huh?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I'll watch 'em," Soda said, frowning. "But it's probably just because he has the hots for Maple and she doesn't really return it." But it was still worth keeping an eye on. Love could make people do crazy things, including treason.

His name, though. Soda pondered it, tapping his cheek. "Well," he said, "I guess I've been revisiting my past a lot lately, huh? With the whole Moonlit Forest bullshit. Hmph. What's the harm?" He shrugged and tapped his badge on the table, paying the bill.

He stood up and slipped the badge into his bag. "Name's Ionys."

And as he tended to do, the Zoroark disappeared.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked, but Soda - Ionys - was gone before he could respond.

Huh. He'd been sure that was a real long shot. He looked around for a moment, wondering if the Zoroark was still there and just invisible, or if he'd actually left - for all he knew he'd been halfway out the door before Dave even asked - but whatever. He headed for the door.

It wasn't as if the name even told them much of anything, but it still felt like some manner of accomplishment.

<><><><><>​

R11 - Puddle brings a Cat to a classy joint

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Here they were! The, uh, cauldron whatever! With all the drinks and the soda and... probably more stuff but those were what Puddle wanted to show off! It was a shame, though, it was starting to get dark so this would have to be the one and only stop for today. Which wasn't all that bad, honestly.

"This is one of my favorite places to hang out!" Puddle said, a big ol' smile on its face. "Once, I drank so much soda that I exploded, then I tasted like pineapple for a while. It was awesome!"

Last edited:

ntmymike

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Yeah, sure. I would love to" Miles replied, looking at the menu. Though his mind is on the evolution bit. Miles hasn't thought about it before but it's something he wanted to try. That and the soda too. He used his paw to point at one of the soda on the menu. "Can I have that one?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hmmm... Sure!" Puddle's genius concluded that Miles wanted all the soda. And that is exactly what Puddle did.

After calling over a waiter, giving them their order, and being told not to stand on the table, a tray of colorful drinks were brought for Puddle and Miles. Cola, strawberry, pineapple, blue raspberry, both kinds of cherry, orange, peach... r-ranch. You name it, it was there... for better or worse.

"Go ahead an' try 'em! All of them taste great!" Puddle urged Miles on, grabbing a grape soda. Admittedly, Puddle never tried the ranch one, but it probably tasted good anyway! How they fit a farm into a soda was beyond it.

ntmymike

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Uh.. o-okay" Miles was obviously shocked by the entire tray of colorful drinks. Well, if he can try any of them now, he should make use of it right? Miles picked the orange one and took a sip. The taste was rather nice, the sour and sweet taste of the softdrink was unlike anything he tasted before. "It's pretty good" Miles replied

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle had already downed its grape soda by then, and moved on to a blue raspberry one. Every drink Puddle drank made it grow a bit bigger, and change color slightly. "I think they're supposed to be refreshin', but I barely feel it. Can't get refreshed if you're made of... uh... whatever I'm made of, I guess." It finished half of the blue drink, then started to snicker. "These blue ones are really great!"

"Don't you have soda in your world, Miles? I... vaguely remember somethin' like it in Vix's world,"
Puddle asked.

ntmymike

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Huh? No, I don't think I saw any soda in my world... I don't know, I haven't been to somewhere like this before" Miles replied, trying to remember something but all he can think of is some vague memory... no, he's been to somewhere like this before, it's right outside the guild... Maybe he just never tried to ask Spinda about soda... maybe...

He looked back at the soda he's having... well, it certainly tastes different from what he knew before, maybe if there was soda in his world, the taste is still different enough for him to not remember

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Man, talk about a bummer. I basically just found soda and I can't imagine not ever having it! It somehow doesn't taste like the fruit it's called, and it does at the same time!" Puddle snickered. "I didn't even know raspberries came in blue until I got a soda from this place."

With that soda done with, Puddle reached for the ranch soda out of curiosity. It smelled... savory? Like, not sweet at all. Something told Puddle not to drink it, but by the time it processed that thought, it had already drank a quarter of the ranch soda. "...Just found out I hate ranches. I'm never going on a farm again..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"It tastes like bad bad," Puddle shuddered, pushing the ranch soda aside and grabbing a pineapple one. That tasted a lot less like bad, thank gods. "Try it if you want, but I ain't drinkin' that again."

"What time is it, also? I lost track of time, I think,"
Puddle chuckled. "Mmm... we can leave when we finish these sodas... You do got a place to sleep, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom