• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ X-Eye Cauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...I'm starting to think your friends have a drinking problem. I'm mostly doing this 'cause my parents aren't really here to complain, and this isn't really my body, so no consequences... I think. Shit's weird."

Shiron picked one of the cups he ordered and chugged it all in one go. His stomach grumbled and wobbled at the liquid dripping down. He hiccuped and sighed. "I dunno man... guess I'm alright with bein' here and all. Just got hit by the big sad today, I guess. And I said guess two times. Oh, three... whatever."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora snickered. "For some reason, all my friends pick up drinking sooner or later after meetin' me." That was spoken like someone who knew exactly why that happened.

Although, for this moment, Kora mellowed himself out and wrapped an arm around Shiron's shoulder. "That's what this blacklight shit does, it's like gaslighting incarnate; basically just fucking awful if you can't overpower it," he sighed, then shook his head. "You could also give into it as well but that tends to have some... unwanted consequences."

"Y'all are comin' up on the end, though. You'll go back home, back to normal, and if you want... you might be able to forget everything that happened here and start your life normally," Kora said, drinking about half of his whiskey. "Or, maybe you can ask Diyem to make sure you remember. For as bad as the Blacklight can be for your psyche, it's really good at bringing your issues up, and knowing what's wrong with you is the first step to getting it worked out."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...Huh, that was surprisingly thoughtful of you."

Shiron hiccuped again, but ignored it and chugged down more beer. "Thing is: I have no clue what I wanna do when I get home. My parents are probably... well, not worried, but they must be wondering where the fuck am I. Not that I miss them, anyway..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora's ear flicked, picking up on that whisper, and he grinned. "Hey, maybe you'll be sent over to another Pokemon world instead, huh? Not that I should approve of abandoning home, but I'm also very much not against it, hehe!"

"People that turn into Pokemon tend to turn their lives around and find a sense of purpose or whatever that they'd never find in the human world, from what I've heard," Kora said, with quite a cheery tone to his voice. "Even my Mom was human, and she stayed with my dad in our world because she really wanted to! She felt she needed to, since she was a big ol' hero and all that."

"You'll find where you need to be and who you want to be eventually, whether that's as a human, or as a Pokemon." With a friendly, sincere pat on the back, Kora smiled warmly. Such an oddly soothing look from such a beastly character...

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Hey, maybe you'll be sent over to another Pokemon world instead, huh? Not that I should approve of abandoning home, but I'm also very much not against it, hehe!"
Oh. That wasn't so bad after all. Shiron managed to smile. "Well, anything is better than Hoenn. Too hot, too much water, not to mention what my folks do to me..."

"Wait, your mom's human? Or... was, right. Uh, how does that work?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Like you are now, really," Kora shrugged. "I don't get why people find that interestin', especially other humans that turned into Pokemon."

That, and we don't really know how it works.

Or what they're asking.

Very non-specific, that question is.

Kora shook his head slightly, then put on a grin, finishing his whiskey. "It's whatever anyway, all that thinking stuff isn't what I'm good at. Although, would you want to stay as a Pokemon? I feel like a lot more people ask themselves that than not."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Hell yeah, why wouldn't I?" Shiron chirped, flexing a bicep. "I can shoot water outta my mouth, I can lift like, I dunno... a lot more than I weight... it's way better than when I was a human. At least... that's what I think."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron finished another round of beer a d grumbled. "Oh well. I gotta enjoy this while it lasts. Then, back to the ol' boring human life..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hey, you never say never. You might have more time as a Swampert than you think," Kora hummed, grinning. There definitely was a memory somewhere in that head of his about Shiron, but he wasn't super certain about it just yet. Still, it felt like enough to know Shiron had more fishy adventures ahead!

...Something in Kora hit him the head.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I always did think about doing more with my life..." He said, smiling more. "Escapism. I think that's the word? Always wanted to leave home and... dunno, do something meaningful, y'know?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Thanks..." He grinned, hiccuping again. "R-Right. I think I'mma order 'nother round."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I literally just met you though."

Shiron ordered another drink, sipping it down. And another. And another. At that point, his head promptly plopped onto the table and he mumbled.... something.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Yeah, all the more reason to drink and forget about me," Kora snickered, drinking along with Shiron. T'was a shame he could get as tipsy as his friends, but it was nice to let 'em unwind a bit.

In a terribly unhealthy way.

At least this ain't his real body.

Actually... this isn't Kora's real body either...

Wh-Why the hell can't we get drunk then?! Diyem you jackass!!!

While his head was currently doing what he assumed most sane people didn't need to worry about, Kora... got curious enough to wanna know what Shiron was mumbling. He was also kinda worried if Shiron had already blacked out. "Y-You alright buddy? I, uh, can't give you the healin' stuff if you're asleep, I think. I mean, I could, but..."

H-He didn't die, did he?

Of course not...

"O-Oh geez..." Just to make sure, Kora leaned in to try and hear some breathing. And maybe also whatever he was mumbling, b-but not because he was nosy!

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron managed to gather enough strength to stand up on the chair again. "Ain't we sparin' later? I'm not gonna forget you. I think. I hope not..."

He tapped his fingers on the table, smiling. "Oh, and this might be drunk me talkin', but fuck it."

He leaned in for a quick peck on Kora's cheek, and promptly plopped down again.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

This is not good, not at all.

H-He's drunk! We can't be alright with this!

W-We know! We know! What do we do?!

First off, remain calm.

WHAT DO WE DO WHAT DO WE DO WHAT DO DO WE WOAH WHAT AHHH

...For fuck's sake...

Kora shut down momentarily, staring at an empty glass, eyes crossed, until some semblance of sense entered his mind once again. He let out a sigh, then smiled lightly. He pulled out that bottle of water and left it on the table, then rested his head on his arms. "It would be an honor to be remembered, but it would be for the best should you forget me."

He was mindful enough, fortunately, to try his best not to allow any more of the drunk fish's advances. They had just met, after all...

And Kora couldn't actually handle any more of that and remain upon this earthly realm.

<><><><><><><><>

R16 ~ Dave and Danithan

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave sat in his usual booth at the Cauldron, sipping one of their fancier beers. It'd been a good long while since he'd actually just gotten to sit here without any looming fucking apocalypses. Sure, the Eternal Blacklight was out there somewhere and needed to be dealt with, sometime, but nobody was in immediate danger, there were no moon cannons, Soda wasn't preparing to dissolve the fucking universe. For now, he was just sitting and... actually enjoying a goddamn beer. What a change of pace.

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan wandered into the cauldron, stomach grumbling as he took in the sights of the establishment. It looked pretty nice, all things considered. Scanning the room, he saw the Mightyena from the prairie. He blinked before a thought passed through his head. 'I should probably get to know him ... and foods a good way to do that.' Scurrying over to the booth, he sat across from the canine. With an uneasy grin, the emolga spoke. "Oi uh, Dave right?" He rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry for intruding lad, but I'm starvin a tad and was wonderin what dish here fills a mon up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom