• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ X-Eye Cauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I'm not much of a drinker, to be honest. Didn't do much back home, but it's enjoyable."

Shiron glanced at the drink from the menu, and his eyes sparkled. Something about it seemed rjght. "That looks good, what is it made of?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I'm not exactly the best when it comes to searching for a spy, so I'm leaving that to the experts," Shiron shrugged, sighing. "I probably just wanted some time out, haven't even spoken to my roomie yet, or maybe I just wanted to drink my sadness away? It's complicated."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...You're right," Shiron rubbed the back of his head, smiling. "I don't usually do this, though. But anyway..."

Shiron tapped his finger on the table and continued. "I just felt a bit useless when, y'know, half the team died. Took me a while to get back on track, and I managed to keep it together. Now that everyone's back, I'm just..."

He trailed off, a bit confused when trying to think of the proper words to explain his feelings. Eventually, Shiron got it.

"It's stupid. Keep thinking about what could've been if nobody has died, or, well, if they didn't get sent to the Voidlands. I know I shouldn't, but my brain is dumb and it keeps pulling off this shit."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Y'know, that's true," Soda said, leaning back. "And you're lucky that it's not actually dying, either. Or worse. So consider yourself lucky." He looked off, tapping his foot. "In a way, you should be happy that it's all better now, eh?"

The waiter came with their drinks, setting the sparkling, practically luminescent blue drink in front of Shiron and a galaxy-like, purple drink to Soda.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"You're right, you're right."

Shiron took a sip of the drink and cringed immediately, before taking another one. This time he didn't react much, other than wiping off some of it that was around his face.

"I just... I just worry too much, y'know? At least things are getting better, I think."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron took another, longer sip of the drink and hiccuped, putting the glass back on the table before answering. "No idea, but if I were to guess, someone stealthy would be reasonable. Or maybe Giovanni is just screwing with us for no reason."

He shrugged, sipping again. "It's... it's hard and it sucks. Not knowing who to trust, I mean. And I'm not a fan of accusing anyone. Not without concrete evidence."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well, good luck," Soda said. "The thing about spies is they usually operate in a way that you can't get hard evidence on them unless you actually catch them in the act. Considering what we're dealing with, probably gonna be too late if that happens. I half want to suggest getting every single person that's suspect and just rounding them up in a room together and see what happens."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I figured," Shiron grumbled. "Feels like I'm burning most of my braincells on this one, and it's not really working. I mean, there has to be something I can do to help. Something within my limits. Maybe I'll just ask someone to help with this one, it's obviously not a one-man job."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Uh, yeah. I'm a human," Shiron raised a brow, pointing to his body. "Still feels a bit weird looking like this, but I don't really mind. It's quite comfortable, to be honest. Except I'm not a great swimmer, ironically."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I'm fine now, it was a shock. Out of nowhere I could shoot water out of my hands and--" Shiron's eyes widened after he understood what Soda meant. "Wait, you're human too? Whoa. First time I'm talking to anyone like me."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I... see," Shiron held the glass of his drink and drinked a bit of it again, putting it down. "If you don't mind me asking... do you miss being a human?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron waited for him to answer, rubbing his arm and forcing a sheepish smile, a bit embarassed of having asked the question, but there wasn't really a way to turn it back now.

Then, finally, "I dunno."

"Oh? O-Okay," he sighed in relief. "Sorry for asking, I got curious. It's fine if you don't know."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Nah." Soda shook his head. "It's just been so long. I've been a Zoroark longer than I've been a human. I probably don't even remember what it means to be a human anymore." He looked at his own fur, contemplative. "I don't remember what my face looked like. Or my hands. Any scars, freckles. It's all just, yeah, I was human once. I used to remember. But so much time passed that now it's just... gone." Soda kicked his feet. "I don't even remember my last name."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom