• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ X-Eye Cauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
...No.

Diyem had suddenly looked darker than usual, like he was covered in ash. Spirals of darkness wrapped around his body and he grew at least three times his size.

Not again--not here, why now?

Diyem made a groaning noise and fell under the table, curling into a tight ball. By now several people were staring. Darkness poured from Diyem's mouth like a thick fog and he opened his mouth wide, wider than his eyes--

Astrid was forced to witness the abominable sight of an entire Feraligatr, covered in a hazy darkness, materializing before her, while Diyem himself lay flat on the ground with a dim flame.

Someone in the bar screamed; most of the others stared in stunned awe.

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
The Feraligatr laid on the ground for a minute, motionless as if dead until his eyes flew open and he sat up, flipping over the table as he made a strangled, guttural noise. As he slowly calmed himself down, he blinked, looking around at his unfamiliar surroundings.

With every set of eyes in the room on him, he got a good look at first his wicked claws, then at the two unfamiliar Pokemon next to him.

"...where am I? Wh-who are you?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid gawked at Diyem, then directed her attention towards the patron in the back at the sound of the scream.

“It’s fine! He’s not, uh. This is totally fine!” Okay, they did not need a bad PR moment right now. Not this close to the Tree. Oh dear, the Crawdaunt was staring from like seven feet away. “It’s fine, this—this is probably normal.”

And the new one. He was staring too, the same way anyone would stare into the great beyond in their first few seconds of existence.

“Hi,” she offered a paw, “I’m Astrid. You’re in Cibus. It’s the name of this planet, or this universe—err, one of those two. Um, have a seat, I guess?”

She offered Diyem a paw as well—hesitating at first in case lending well-intentioned support would smite him somehow, then deciding to go for it anyway.

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
He blinked hard, rubbing at his head in confusion as the last of the darkness around him fizzled out.

"Cibus? Universe? I... what? Are you, like, drunk or...?"

Only getting more confused, he glanced around.

"Okay. This must be Nephrite Town, they've got a bar... the air's thicker than I remember, though, it can't be the Twists, can it? And how would I have even...?"

He took a seat as he muttered to himself, clearly troubled.

Last edited:

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
"Uh... now that I think about it... yeah... few months, yeah, I'm sure. Ahem, I-I'm sorry, the whole last couple days are kinda fuzzy."

With another look around at the shaken tenants, he eyes the drinks at other tables, then instinctively makes for his bag, only to realize it and all its money is absent. Sighing, the Feraligatr adjusts himself, impressed the seat hasn't collapsed yet.

"Well, um, the name's Dill. You?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid shot Diyem a quizzical look. ‘Will he even need a food nickname?’

Slight problem. Astrid had never explained their circumstances to anyone. Never had to. Hell, it was probably impossible now, given everything that had happened. Usually when they had new arrivals they disappeared somewhere or got caught up. Diyem giving birth was a new one though.

‘Alsooo. Are… are there more? Just wondering.’

Diyem looked like a popped pimple. But Dill wasn’t panicking, which was a good sign.

“Hey, you feeling ok?” Astrid said. “Some arrivals end up in different bodies than they’re used to, which is a long story, but uh, just thought I’d check.”

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
"Cool."

He grabbed the container and shoveled its contents into his massive jaws, bones and all, in a sickening display of Feraligatr appetite.

"Whew, mon! That's some good... uh, Fletchinder? Ahem, sorry, not really used to the stomach yet. Guess that's a Feraligatr thing, huh?"

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
They sat there for a bit longer, talking amongst one another and filling in the newcomer. The staff didn’t bother them again.

“Well, I’d better get going,” Astrid said after a while, her mouth settling into a hard line. “It was a nice chat, but I’ve gotta get ready for the Tree. Dill uh, I know you’re new, but as a member of Team Spectrum, you’re welcome to come. It’s kinda heavy stuff, some politics involved, and just… don’t be too worried if it’s a bit much. We don’t know what will happen, really.

“In the meantime,” she quickly added, “the rest of the team would love to know we have a new teammate. We all—in fact, lemme just…”

She took out her badge and jabbed at the screen a few times, curling her tails and grinning. “…There. Now they’ll know who you are so you aren’t mistaken as someone else.” But damn, she sure hoped that Dill was the last of Diyem’s conception issues. That wasn’t a text she though she’d ever have to send even once.

Having shown up late to begin with, Astrid didn’t end up staying for very long. An hour or so had passed before she made her exit after a final wave, and with the store not long from closing, the other two would soon head out as well.

<><><>

R11 - Lost Humanity [Soda & Shiron]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
As usual, Soda had gone to destress at the bar. At this point he was a regular, ordering the same drink with the same snack and took a table by the far side of the bar. At least he was honest about what table he was sitting in. And after setting an order in, he leaned back in his chair and flipped through something on his badge leisurely.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
For the first time since arriving in Cibus, Shiron decided to cut himself some slack. Luckily for him, the bar seemed like the best place to do it, even if he wasn't a regular.

So he straddled on inside the place, not bothering to talk with the others, he didn't recognize them anyway. Only one.

His eyes met a single Zoroark and, shoving some anxiety to the side, Shiron went right towards him.

Once he stopped, the Marshtomp waved. "Uh, hi. Can I... can I sit here?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Uh." Soda glanced at Shiron, who was gesturing directly at his lap for where to sit, and for a moment Soda thought he'd gone in the wrong bar. But then, realizing the illusion he'd set up, he nodded. "Right, sure. Hang on." He snapped his claws, and the illusion of his location dropped, revealing instead that he'd been sitting on the opposite seat the whole time.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
His face quickly got tinted with red. "...Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that!"

He barely got to talk and things were already off track. Just perfect. Shiron sat down and took a deep breath.

"So, uh... This is my first time here, and I could really blow off some steam. Anything you recommend for me to drink?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Soda smirked a little, but then said, "Well, how much of a lightweight are you?" He pulled at one of the menus and showed Shiron a few of the drinks. "You seem like the sort who'd be able to work with something like this," he said to the Swampert, revealing what seemed to be a moderately strong drink that was fruity, but with a bite. Its color was a deep and exotic blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom