• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“Alright. Just tell me when it’s cooked enough.” She could probably smell it, but still. Cuicatl inhaled and focused. There was a well of power deep inside of her. The oldest of energies. The Gift of the Starchild. The birthright of the dragons. Releasing it was akin to singing, but with badass magic fire being released instead of music.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
There was a lot more people here than Vix realized she was alright with. There were a few times she could have joined, but some wave of nervousness struck her just as she mustered up the courage to, so she backed away.

This is getting annoying...

"I-I know, I just..." Vix looked back over the party. "I didn't realize how many of us there are! A-And they probably won't recognize me since, well..."

As if the only Pokemon here that could cosplay as furniture would be unrecognizable after upgrading from candlestick to street lamp. I mean, unless they were trying to avoid you, which would be the only reason they wouldn't know you're you.

Vix huffed, glaring at the satchel to her side. More specifically, the melted puddle of familiar inside it. "At least I have a body."

Touché. But I'm not the weirdo floating back and forth at the edge of a party, now am I?

The flame inside Vix burned with annoyance for a moment, before she let out a sigh and mustered up her courage yet again. She closed her eyes and floated into the party, peaking her eyes open just enough to make sure she didn't bump into anyone. She managed to make it over to the bar before dropping from the sky, onto a chair, fortunately, and taking a few deep breaths. "G-God that was nerve wracking..."

Congrats, since you're at the bar. you can now battle your anxiety with alcohol. Like any rational Pokemon would.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
The smell of the food washed over Celeste. His mount was watering enough that he had to keep swallowing saliva back lest he begin to drool. He began to tap his claws against the ground in anticipation. This makes it easy to take my mind off of- wait, no. Not thinking about that right now.

“May I? It looks ready...”

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
The flame inside Vix burned with annoyance for a moment, before she let out a sigh and mustered up her courage yet again. She closed her eyes and floated into the party, peaking her eyes open just enough to make sure she didn't bump into anyone. She managed to make it over to the bar before dropping from the sky, onto a chair, fortunately, and taking a few deep breaths. "G-God that was nerve wracking..."

Congrats, since you're at the bar. you can now battle your anxiety with alcohol. Like any rational Pokemon would.

Shiron kept drinking, but after finishing the cocktail, he decided to actually order one with alcohol and was taking a few sips, when he noticed Vix around. Smiling, the Marshtomp got up, approaching her, holding the beverage in a cup.

"Heeeey Vix! How are ya doing? Enjoying the party?!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Heeeey Vix! How are ya doing? Enjoying the party?!"

Vix jumped, her lampshade popping off her head. She fixed it and cleared her throat, trying her best to smile without having a mouth anymore. "H-Hey, Shiron. I just got here, er, after helping with setup. I'm, uh, I'm good."

I'd say you're lying through your teeth, but seeing as you don't have those...

Vix smacked the side of her bag before turning back to Shiron. "What about you?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Soft purrs began to rise from Icetales’s throat, his mind enraptured by the delightful scent of cooked fish. Nostrils dilated and tails wagged, while a faint mist surrounded them. Even Petram seemed happy and bounced on the spot.

“Yes. I reckon thou can stop now, Miss Cuicatl. The skin of the fish looks crispy and the breading of the vegetables is golden. That should suffice.”

“I’m going repeat myself where is the honey comb?” Fay rephrased his previous question.

He glanced momentarily at Fay and pointed toward the sweet stands. “Oh, over there. Thou cannot be mistaken, good sir.”

And then, he resumed staring at the cooked fish with eyes sparkling like diamonds.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Vix jumped, her lampshade popping off her head. She fixed it and cleared her throat, trying her best to smile without having a mouth anymore. "H-Hey, Shiron. I just got here, er, after helping with setup. I'm, uh, I'm good."

I'd say you're lying through your teeth, but seeing as you don't have those...

Vix smacked the side of her bag before turning back to Shiron. "What about you?"

"Hoping I'm not gonna get all these calories when I'm on my real body back," he took another sip of the cocktail. "Soooo, are ya gonna order anything? This bar is actually really good!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Thank you!" Saltriv said, before digging into the veggies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hoping I'm not gonna get all these calories when I'm on my real body back," he took another sip of the cocktail. "Soooo, are ya gonna order anything? This bar is actually really good!"

Right, that's where she landed. Might as well give it a shot. Vix looked over a menu, not really knowing what to get, or what anything was... There were these drinks called "Cobalt 52" and "Evanescence," but those sounded too old for her. Maybe something more... new? Was that a thing she could order?

You have a menu in your hands and you still don't know what to drink?

"Yes, because having a menu definitely helps with this kinda thing. I don't know what anything here tastes like, or what drink I'd even like," Vix sighed. She eventually settled on some fancy sounding drink called "Amaranthine." It was purple and had a strong, fruity scent. If she didn't know any better, Vix would probably think it was just fancy wine.

She tried to drink some, forgetting she didn't have a mouth and spilling some of it over herself. "...Great."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Right, that's where she landed. Might as well give it a shot. Vix looked over a menu, not really knowing what to get, or what anything was... There were these drinks called "Cobalt 52" and "Evanescence," but those sounded too old for her. Maybe something more... new? Was that a thing she could order?

You have a menu in your hands and you still don't know what to drink?

"Yes, because having a menu definitely helps with this kinda thing. I don't know what anything here tastes like, or what drink I'd even like," Vix sighed. She eventually settled on some fancy sounding drink called "Amaranthine." It was purple and had a strong, fruity scent. If she didn't know any better, Vix would probably think it was just fancy wine.

She tried to drink some, forgetting she didn't have a mouth and spilling some of it over herself. "...Great."

"O-Oh, that's not good!" Shiron gasped, taking the rest of his drink and putting the cup on the table. "U-Uh, would you like me to get some napkins or can you... make that drink evaporate?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"O-Oh, that's not good!" Shiron gasped, taking the rest of his drink and putting the cup on the table. "U-Uh, would you like me to get some napkins or can you... make that drink evaporate?"

Vix put her drink down and nodded. "I got this." Her flame doubled inside of her, and the drink fizzled away, leaving a faint purple stain and the scent a grapes in the air. She tried to drink again, this time lifting her lampshade and dumping the drink in that. A fuzzy warm feeling spread throughout her body, which was new. "Huh... so that's what alcohol does. No wonder people drink it a lot."

She got another glass and turned to Shiron. "How about we get some food? Or did you already eat?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Vix put her drink down and nodded. "I got this." Her flame doubled inside of her, and the drink fizzled away, leaving a faint purple stain and the scent a grapes in the air. She tried to drink again, this time lifting her lampshade and dumping the drink in that. A fuzzy warm feeling spread throughout her body, which was new. "Huh... so that's what alcohol does. No wonder people drink it a lot."

She got another glass and turned to Shiron. "How about we get some food? Or did you already eat?"

Shiron sighed, relieved that she was okay.

"I had a few slices of cake and some s'mores, but yeah, I could get more food."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Well, let us enjoy this delightful meal!” chirped Icetales, before bending toward the fish and biting a small piece off of it. He chewed it slowly to savor it, then he took another bite.

“Hmm! Never tried dragonfire-cooked food. It leaves… such interesting flavor, almost spicy and strong. Like dragons themselves.” He nodded. “I fancy that.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I had a few slices of cake and some s'mores, but yeah, I could get more food."

Vix grinned with her eyes. "Sweet! I've been starving all day! Helping get all the food together without trying any of it builds a bit of an appetite!"

This makes me wonder... can lamps gain weight?

Vix shrugged. "Maybe, but we won't know unless I try," she said. "Oh, right, before you think I'm talking to myself, I brought Puddle with me." Vix showed Shiron the translucent mess of familiar in her bag. It bubbled, but now actual words came out.

That is not my name...

"It's... yet to form a body, so only I can hear him right now. Me and any psychic that can put up with its attitude." Vix chuckled. "Anyway, food awaits!"

How fortunate that the buffet line was short, with all the scents in the air Vix had to make an effort to contain herself, and waiting in a line would have driven her mad. She ordered a plate neatly with assorted meats she wanted to try, as well as some good ol' fashioned charcoal. She couldn't not get that, after all. And definitely muffins, the blueberry ones. "What're you gonna get, Shiron?" she asked.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
How fortunate that the buffet line was short, with all the scents in the air Vix had to make an effort to contain herself, and waiting in a line would have driven her mad. She ordered a plate neatly with assorted meats she wanted to try, as well as some good ol' fashioned charcoal. She couldn't not get that, after all. And definitely muffins, the blueberry ones. "What're you gonna get, Shiron?" she asked.

The Marshtomp was restraining himself to not drool at all the tasty food he could see and decided to shake his head.

"Well Vix, anything that isn't aquatic is fine by my standards!" Shiron stared at all the different foods sorted through the stand and decided to pick up some muffins and a few pieces of the so-called "pseudo-meat".

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The Marshtomp was restraining himself to not drool at all the tasty food he could see and decided to shake his head.

"Well Vix, anything that isn't aquatic is fine by my standards!" Shiron stared at all the different foods sorted through the stand and decided to pick up some muffins and a few pieces of the so-called "pseudo-meat".

Vix absentmindedly kept adding food to her plate, not realizing until after she tried to lift it and nearly fell over. "Whoops, hehe. Good thing I can make things float." She figured she might as well try some of that same pseudo meat Shiron was trying and stacked that on her already full plate, cuz why not?

She floated her and her over-stacked plate to a table, wondering if she was gonna be able to eat everything she got. It couldn't be that difficult. It's just food. Vix took a deep breath, psyching herself up.

Really? You're eating food, not fighting. Why're you acting like this is some kinda challenge?

"Have you seen this plate? I probably won't have to eat for a week! I just hope we got containers for left overs..." Vix chuckled. She grabbed a muffin, and pressed it against her face as if she had a mouth. Puddle bubbled in Vix's bag, which earned it a drop to the floor. Vix tossed the muffin into her lampshade, feeling it burn entirely and vanish. Eating as a sentient lamp was still difficult to get used to, but it was kinda fun, in a way.

"I really like these muffins," Vix chuckled. "I didn't think I could taste things, but I'm glad I do!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom