• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[CYOA] You Are a Rock

Mirage

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
  2. espurr
You figure out how to roll down the window--if only by accident as you step on the button--

Yup, definitely figured that one out by ourselves. We'll uh, we'll go with that.

But then, innate knowledge, perhaps from Yveltal, floods in next. Dark Matter, a being of negativity... knows only negativity. Therefore, if you doubt, even if the majority of it is a belief in working together... what would Dark Matter see? It can only see the negative...

Oooh, the negative feedback makes sense - that's what fuels Dark Matter in the first place! It's the lack of trust that set him off, that's a negative emotion. Hmm... that's good to know for when we work with/against him next time. Seems like the ease of emotionally unbalancing him could be a major weakness...

For now, you've lost them. Dark Matter is too slow to catch up. You see it land in the middle of the road, kneeling. A dark aura intensifies but then fades out of view... Was it charging something?

Charging, huh? I hope that whatever Dark Matter's cooking there, it won't be able to reach us from our distance... if he's preparing some kind of teleportation or speed boost, we might not've seen the last of him yet.

She throws it at the back of her head, but the impregnable barrier that is Caitlin's hair deflected it effortlessly.

Why are we even worrying about defensive abilities, we got all the defense we need right here :mewlulz:

In fact, you see flecks of darkness in its ice as well... but it feels off. That isn't Dark Matter's.

Now that's a mega eyes emoji right there :eyes: so we know that Dark Matter's not behind the corruption for Kyurem. If we're not the ones behind Kyurem's corruption (which... seems like we'd know by now if we were), then that implies there's a third being around here who's able to corrupt with darkness?

As of right now, I don't have any strong guesses to who that could be... if Ghetsis is being introduced to the story, he would probably be my most likely choice, but we haven't seen him yet or know what he's capable of, so that's jumping the gun there.

"Kyurem has a lock on us!" Shauntal cries. "We can't even get out of the car without being iced over! What do we do?!"

"I see." Caitlin hums. "Okay."

"Okay? Okay?!" Shauntal snaps. "What can we--"

Caitlin's utter indifference to what's going on around her absolutely cracks me up :mewlulz:

That's it! That's the same corruption in Xerneas! It... isn't Dark Matter's? What do you mean?

That's incredibly significant, so now we know Xerneas is also corrupted by whoever corrupted Kyurem, and it isn't Dark Matter. IF we can somehow defeat Kyurem, we couuuld get N to maybe speak with it, and figure out where the corruption came from... but I dunno if we have the strength yet to do so. Maybe we can get a clue with Lifesense again?

-------------------

For our actions, we need to buy some time here. The best strat I've been able to come up with, from the discussion post, would be to try using Aura Shroud and hoping that Weavile knows something like Double Team that can combo with it. If so, maybe we could cloak the car from Kyurem, and maybe even project a few illusions to through Kyurem off? N seemed to be doing that earlier against Dark Matter to reasonable success...

It's going to be rather expensive energy wise though, so I am 100% down for an option that uses less energy. Just putting this in tentatively.

Attack (target is the car): Aura Shroud

Telepathy (target is Weavile): "Weavile, do you know any techniques that can provide stealth or create illusions?"

Consider: How strong is Kyurem? Do we stand any chance against it in battle?

Top Bottom