• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ooookay wow, lots to take in. I don’t think Tetra made up her role, and it’s not a role that makes sense for a TP. It could be a mafia role, I suppose, but that seems kinda broken in a game this small. Can anybody confirm this? Did anyone get to use their role twice last night? I can at least say I was not one of them.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[No i used it last night which means tonight someone goes twice!]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Thats why I didn't use it N1! :yes:]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[*N0 . That's why i didn't use it the first night, only the second!]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[No i used it last night which means tonight someone goes twice!]]
[[…oh. Wait what? You use it the night before and it doesn’t take effect until the next night?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[…oh. Wait what? You use it the night before and it doesn’t take effect until the next night?]]
[[Yeah, thats what it says in my DM. I guess to prevent confusion or last-minute uses and stuff.

I didn't use it on opening night because I hadn't seen anyone in play with their roles, thus no reads. I didn't want to boost a scum. Once D1 arrived I was just trying to watch and see who seemed mildly trustworthy enough to use it on. Thus, last night (N1) I used it, which means tonight the person i chosen gets two actions.

This is why I was so mad about getting voted out - I hadn't even used my power once!]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I didn't want to boost a scum.

[[hmmm

It says here that this role cannot allow Mafia members to kill twice in a night. Perhaps you missed this detail, maybe Inke modified it so that it was possible, idk. I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until the next day so that we can mechanically clear you, but until then, you’re not cleared for me yet. Since this is a convenient role to buy you more time, considering there is no way to immediately clear you. Yes, it’s an elaborate thing to make up, but I did the same thing when I was scum last game, so I won’t be quick to trust you just because of that.

This makes me wonder if I should roleclaim. If you boosted me with your role, it would be extremely helpful for town. But I’m not sure if it’s wise for two people to claim…thoughts? I am happy to claim, since my role is not quite as vital as others, but I just want to get others’ opinions first.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[hmmm

It says here that this role cannot allow Mafia members to kill twice in a night. Perhaps you missed this detail, maybe Inke modified it so that it was possible, idk. I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until the next day so that we can mechanically clear you, but until then, you’re not cleared for me yet. Since this is a convenient role to buy you more time, considering there is no way to immediately clear you. Yes, it’s an elaborate thing to make up, but I did the same thing when I was scum last game, so I won’t be quick to trust you just because of that.

This makes me wonder if I should roleclaim. If you boosted me with your role, it would be extremely helpful for town. But I’m not sure if it’s wise for two people to claim…thoughts? I am happy to claim, since my role is not quite as vital as others, but I just want to get others’ opinions first.]]
[[Please don't claim!!!

The less scum knows the better. I don't even sus you strong enough to vote you yet.

Anyways I asked Inke and they implied that if I boosted someone with killing power they would get two kills? So I honestly don't know, aaaahhhh]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Please don't claim!!!

The less scum knows the better. I don't even sus you strong enough to vote you yet.

Anyways I asked Inke and they implied that if I boosted someone with killing power they would get two kills? So I honestly don't know, aaaahhhh]]
[[Oof, yikes. Well I’ll leave it up to you to decide who to boost, and I know all I can offer is my word (unless/until I claim), but I strongly recommend you boost either me or…others (who shall not be named) who have very subtly hinted at their roles.]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Oh! Uh yeah, I used to be a human back... home. However that works." She shrugged awkwardly. "I guess I was transformed when I came here. I'd love that..." she began, then trailed off. What if he was a killer? Well, tea couldn't hurt either way. If he was somehow a killer in disguise, more information could only be good. "Tea would be lovely, thank you."
Gardevoir smiled; some familiarity was nice, right? Although... "How much have you been acquainted with using your claws? It will take a bit of finesse to try to hold the cup gently in your case. It may end up being a bit of an all-night effort, and if you need time to get used to your new body, perhaps it would be best that I not distract you while you acclimate." He looked down in melancholy. He wanted to know - had to know about this ancient species that right in front of him, but this was a game of trust. He was too hasty in his offer, and needed to protect his own self as well. The transformation certainly provided a decent conversational out, at least.
[[A reminder to everyone to look for signs of people having non-public information and then detecting possible agendas as the prime scumhunting methods.]]
((Honestly, this was the kind of answer I was looking for as far as my really early-on questions about "what moves can I make / what exactly can I do to gather info?" Thanks for the advice! I'll read through some of the past posts again and see what I can find with this in mind.))
Tentative readlist:
((I'll take the fact that I'm not on this list to be a good sign. :wink:))
((To be fair, a Motivator power logistically would require both the user and affected to submit their actions beforehand, and then the GM needs to relay back to the affected "Hey you have two actions now, what do you want to use the second on?" In the case where one of the two parties submit their night action just before the deadline, a second night phase / slight time extension would be required. Inke has been incredibly punctual as a GM, so the 2 round timer would keep things on schedule.))

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
((I'll take the fact that I'm not on this list to be a good sign. :wink:))
[[Ohhhhh my gosh wow. I can't do anything right huh.

You're neutral for now though, haha]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
To be fair, a Motivator power logistically would require both the user and affected to submit their actions beforehand, and then the GM needs to relay back to the affected "Hey you have two actions now, what do you want to use the second on?" In the case where one of the two parties submit their night action just before the deadline, a second night phase / slight time extension would be required. Inke has been incredibly punctual as a GM, so the 2 round timer would keep things on schedule.))
[[makes sense! I did see that mentioned on the wiki link too. It’s still a tad convenient, but I’ll let it slide until we can get further confirmation.)

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[ok, bc I'm at work and can only look at things in bursts, here's a breakdown of tetras posts. Possibly in multiple parts. If I miss anything, please speak up. I know some curious stuff has come to light but I'll Iaddress it when I eventually get to it. Will try to analyze Jackie as well if I have time.
]]
Someone was dead. Hana almost wanted to be surprised, except this was familiar, vaguely. She'd played a game like this once before, hadn't she? And she was still live, she thought. Which meant they needed to find the culprits quickly, before they were all dead.

Still keeping some distance, she kept an eye on the assembled Pokemon. No one really stood out as suspicious. Except... she didn't remember seeing the Gardevoir around. But perhaps they were just hiding?

[[Quick question. Did Fuse die because they were modkilled/subbed?]]
[[Mostly flavor opening post with a single question for clarity. Most people were doing this though so not that outlandish. This is the post I missed when I thought Tetra hadn't spoken at all.]]

Hana groaned. Here we go again.

She'd been innocent last game, and so had Steven. But people loved throwing around flase accusations. She rolled her eyes. Not guilty. Obviously.

But really, what defense could she give without everyone flying into a tizzy thinking she was just one of the killers?

((husbands birthday was tooday so yeah, haha
town, but I've just been too busy to post on opening day))
In her next post Tetra explains her absence, and then asks for more of the quiet players to speak up immediately afterwards. Reasonable, but also fairly safe.
Hana growled to herself in frustration. She really needed to be more careful about ending up in these games... She'd already offended to Sableye, even though anyone could have been a killer, that was just how these worked. Did no one realize that?

"I agree with the... Mimikyu." She eyed the strange destructive little pokemon. "At least in that there might be three bad guys. And maybe one or two of those other ones. Third parties."

She swished her tail back and forth, almost unconsciously. "But there's some guests who haven't even spoken today, I think we should wait for what they say, maybe it can help." Still, someone from this group had to be suspicious....

Maybe that weird Phantump who had accused her! Why start throwing around accusations? Or he was just one those people who did that. She withheld a groan.

"Hey, Phantump. Why did you randomly accuse me?"

(( @windskull Hana sussing is just flavor, But i'm asking why you singled me out as the first vote. This isn't a sus yet btw, just asking))
Here, she again reaffirms that she wants the quieter people to speak up. And asks why I voted her, which I later this explain.
[[Welp if thats how it is. Vote: @Dragonfree
for voting for me for no reason

This was just random flavor lol please. I've genuinely just been busy with household stuff and birthdays and irl, thats why I havent posted.

I don't have any susses but I don't trust UA tbh

]]
Tetra votes free after free starts pressing and expresses distrust of uA.
[[Are you all kidding? Vote for me because??? At the beginning of the game I didn't act right? Sigh

Look first off - dunno it needed to be said again but A) Me mentioning Seren was a random flavor thing. You know, RP flavor doesn't affect gameplay necessarily.
I'm townie with a good power but I sure as shootin won't say it for mafia to kill me! You know what? My vote stands. Anyone who wants townie to out their power D1 is sus

I'm voting free. I'm not even mad I'm just disappointed.
ANyways We should vote UA because they didn't post for 2 days straight and that seems suspicious too, like a suppsoed townie (free) demanding

I reveal my power]]
Tetra expresses frustration with the idea of being told to reveal her power, even though she's at risk of being eliminated. I feel like I can understand where she's coming from, but at the same time. I could see it as panic deflecting if she's a mafia that has yet to come up with a fake claim.
[[Actually go ahead! Vote for me! maybe you can gather some information when I obviously flip innocent. I think Free/Jackie lowkey scoping in on me, is pretty suspicious.

This is the second attempt from Free to insinuate people should just reveal their powers, and jackie not posting it all is very unusual behaviour as a collective.

If jackie really believed we shoudl abstain they would actually abstain instead of swaying the vote directly against me.]]
This is more of the above but also, I think something worth keeping in mind is that the other valid vote at the time was Jackie. If Jackie is mafia then of course they'd still try to sway the vote to the innocent (unless they're both mafia and Jackie's role was more valuable). If Jackie is town and has a role that they feel is useful, then they'd probably want to protect themselves. I feel like there's several factors at play here that could mean it could be either way. After I finish tetra analysis I want to do a Jackie analysis. Don't know if I have time.
[[Anyways if anyone has any real questions for me other than demanding I reveal my role (how is this good townplay???) I'll answer them.

-Why didn't you post earlier: I was busy. It was my husbands birthday. I was shopping and doing errands today
-Why did you sus seren: I didn't, that was flavor. Random observation from Hana/ I am barely trying to RP bc I am tired.
-Why didn't you defend yourself: Again, tired + I did say I'm town but I doubt anyone believes it, I've seen hown townies get killed immediately. Anyways its early days so there's no intormation around
-Why don't you reveal your role before you die? Why would I? That's like dang threat, holding a gun to my head. The seems scummy.
-
Why did you vote Free? Because they voted for me, a townie for no reason. Seemed very weird.
-What are your reads: No. I don't have anything.

yes
I find it odd that UA hasn't posted a lot in the space of two days only to show up at EoD to vote me. I also find everyone a little sus, its mafia.I think the Goomy is a little sus, and so is Free (like I said, voting me). Sind might be a good townie or a good scum playing town or third party. Pan might be! I don't know anything yet.

That's why I'm not even bothering with a readlist. There not enough information and the game is too early.

]]
The only thing I want to address here is the role reveal thing, though it's relatively moot now. Revealing too early can be dangerous, yes, but if it looks like you will be voted out, please share. Especially if you're an info role. That way any info you DO have is out in the open and the mafia can't fake claim your role.

To be clear. I'm talking about when things get down to the wire. Last hour or so. I'm not talking about before then.

Anyways. My lunch is almost up and I don't want to lose my progress bc mobile posting is pain so I'm going to cut here and continue the analysis tonight. ]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"I don't need your autograph." She spoke curtly, hardly able to believe her own tone.
"Suit yourself," Steven said with a shrug. Her loss. Though, perhaps the starry-eyed Gardevoir was interested?

"Excuse me, but both implied you were once... human? Honestly and truly? That's incredible...!" The stars in his eyes began to show as smile began to rise, but his forced himself to frown. Amazing discovery or not, everyone was still a suspect, regardless of origin. Still... it was an opportunity to learn. His unconscious grin betrayed his want to stay his feelings. "Perhaps we could talk about our respective pasts over some tea in the evening? Something to keep us from losing our heads over this stressful situation. If that's alright, of course. There are others here that I'd also have such an interest in talking with."
It was a bit odd he was so fascinated with being human. Wasn't he a human as well? Maybe it had something to do with his studies from before this game. Either way, Steven wasn't one to stifle the academic community, and if he couldn't give hefty donation in this particular instance, perhaps he could donate some of his time to the cause instead.

"Tea doesn't sound so bad, actually," he said, nodding. "I think I've finally found my appetite in the midst of all this. Though we still have some quite pressing matters to attend to. If the day's events end up being less... heated than yesterday's, I think I will take you up on that offer."

[[just a quick RP to catch up from earlier today. will be making a game-related post next]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
There had been a lot of discussion ongoing. Most of it was concerning the previous day's kerfuffle, which Steven mostly tuned out. Lots of emotions running high and not a lot of new information. Summaries were good, but it still put them no closer to finding the suspects. Steven wasn't sure what to make of the situation himself, there were an awful lot of certainties being thrown around for so little information being available. Concrete information, at least. There was plenty of speculation, of which he was a part of. But then the Flygon stepped forward, and Steven's eyes lit up as she spoke.

Anyways I might as well make a claim.
I can't quote my role. But I'll describe it.
"She actually did it," he muttered to himself, impressed. He was grinning from ear to ear. "The crazy fool."

"Bravo," he said loud enough to be heard, "And here I thought it'd be some standard 'I'm a healer' or 'I'm a cop' affair. Now this... This is something truly magnificent." He brought his hands together in applause.

"I'll be honest with you, I wasn't sure you'd actually come forward with a claim, not after yesterday. But I'm more than happy to be mistaken about that one. As for the claim itself, well, as others have noted the role exists in some form, so it's not made up, which would violate the rules set forth by our lovely GM. It's not verbatim, but that's not unexpected either."

[[per the sign up post for the game, here's what Inke said about roles:]]
The game will not have...
  • Custom roles, anything you get will be on the wiki (this does not account for nerfs/buffs, so your PM will still take priority!)

"Given the format of my own role information, this either a remarkable and creative forgery, or it's authentic, and I'm inclined to believe it's the latter. With what this role implies, I am hoping upon hope that I am right and this is real, because I would not want to be scum right about now."

A wicked glint appeared in Steven's eyes. "I have to applaud the Purrloin and the Meowstic as well, because by targeting this particular individual's power, they may have blown this game wide open."

"Right now someone in this room has the ability to use their powers twice, and the individual who can bestow this again are both in this game, and as far as we know, the scum only have one kill per night. Who do you choose to kill first? A guaranteed removal of this power from the game? Or hope that they can pinpoint whoever received this gift last night? Guess wrong, and the town effectively has two healers, or two cops, and then two more the next night, and the next." He laughed. "What a choice, indeed."

He paused. "Unless, of course, the Flygon's judge of character hasn't improved during the night, and they mistakenly bestowed this to the killers instead. Or the scum have other powers we don't know about yet in order to counteract this ability..."

"I choose to be optimistic, though. And I agree fully with that no one else should claim today, neither their role, nor as the recipient of the Flygon's powers. The scum cannot know who is the biggest threat. They need to be forced to make a guess as much as us."

"That being said, we cannot abstain a vote today either. If the Flygon is no longer the prime suspect, then who is?"

"To the Purrloin, you wanted an extra day to collect information before voting to avoid voting incorrectly, no? All you've done since is double down from the previous day, which tells me you either didn't bother doing what you said you'd wanted to do, or you never had any intention of doing so in the first place."

"This doesn't mean you're a suspect yourself, either. Just... misguided. I'd be curious to hear what your thoughts are on the Flygon's claim."

Steven glanced at the clock. "To everyone else, we have less than 24 hours to find our primary suspect."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I can't fucking take this anymore. Why do you think I'm so sure about Tetra when I never express this much insistence about scumreads? I'm the cop and I got a guilty result on Hana in the night. I posted my night action less than thirty seconds after Day One ended.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I can't fucking take this anymore. Why do you think I'm so sure about Tetra when I never express this much insistence about scumreads? I'm the cop and I got a guilty result on Hana in the night. I posted my night action less than thirty seconds after Day One ended.]]
[[YO WHAT THATS IMPOSSIBLE]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[…Hecc. This changes things.]]