• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I send messages to other Aliens.
[[ohhhhhh. Is it limited to just aliens?? Because after checking my role PM…my messages can go to any third party.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Geniunely confused as to why we have so many messengers in the game and why we have two messengers that can send to aliens, but my best guess is: your role is to help the aliens find each other, and my role is to help town find the aliens?

Which, welp, becomes kind of redundant with your roleclaim. But that’s my best guess. I supposed my role can also be used to sniff out hostile third party, but now that it’s out in the open, it probably won’t be super effective. At best, we can guess that those who receive my message may be anti-town.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Yeah, it explicitly says aliens

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
So, maybe we do want Aliens to claim. I can start asking other Aliens in Morse questions they can answer to tip me off without being so obvious.

Out of curiosity, what is your role called?

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Approx. two hours and 20 minutes remain. As a reminder, we had a two hour extension!

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Current votes:

DawningWinds votes kyeugh. (#182)
Equitial votes kyeugh. (#206)
Equitial unvotes kyeugh. (#217)
DawningWinds unvotes kyeugh. (#233)
(#) DawningWinds votes unrepentantAuthor. (#233)
Equitial votes Sinderella. (#327)
Equitial unvotes Sinderella. (#330)
Equitial votes DawningWinds. (#330)
Equitial unvotes DawningWinds. (#500)
Equitial votes AbraPunk. (#500)
Equitial unvotes AbraPunk. (#502)
(#) Equitial votes DawningWinds. (#502)

Shout if I missed anything!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
So, maybe we do want Aliens to claim. I can start asking other Aliens in Morse questions they can answer to tip me off without being so obvious.

Out of curiosity, what is your role called?
[[Maybe so! I feel like the whole purpose of my role was to try to keep aliens’ identities secret, but I guess…it’s a bit late for that now? 😅 hecc. I don’t like having everything out in the open like this, though. I dunno, I still think it would be best for aliens to keep quiet so we can have an edge over the mafia?? HhhhHHHH I am stressed.

To answer your question, my role is called UFO Chaser.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[What’s everyone else’s thoughts on having aliens claim? Idk I’m just hesitant to say it’s a good idea. Plus, that gives scum/anti-town people the opportunity to fake claim alien and confused everyone further? Or maybe I’m just being paranoid?? IDK someone please share their thoughts.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[@HelloYellow17 I don't understand the function of your messaging power? Been a bit tired today. Are you saying that only aliens receive your messages...?]]

[[Guess it's time for a flash readlist and a provisional vote...]]
  1. @IFBench (Gen)
    • Very probably a townie with a message ability, as claimed. The way he tells it seems sincere. Also, consistent with previous townplay.
  2. @AbraPunk (Palkia)
    • Had no particular reason to townread or sus them so far, but with a Doc hardclaim, that's a definite unvote. I'd be surprised if they survived the night to be honest. Frustrating.
  3. @Sinderella (Guzma)
    • Unsure. Lots of aggressive poking and prodding that feels like a townie trying to solve the game, and aggro RP that just feels like Guzma. Very soft town.
  4. @unrepentantAuthor (Salem)
    • Sorry about the speculation from earlier, I guess? Was just thinking out loud about how weird the setup could be. With a lot of TPs running around as per the alien reveal, I figure it's more likely we have an odd-night SK than two scumteams. It's probably a small scumteam, though. Anyway, I 11hope I'm proving more helpful to town lately, 'cause I'm 99% certain my buddy is town so town victory is currently my only wincon lmao
  5. @Fusion (Kora)
    • Obviously fully null. Note that Fuse has never rolled scum, so play tells us little. I consider his dropping-out sincere. Obviously there's a chance he's mafia, but it sortof doesn't matter to me since even if he is, we don't get info or threat reduction from targeting him first. Better to hunt elsewhere and pick him if we run out of options.
  6. @Flyg0n (Possum)
    • Pretty fucking convinced that the blessing mechanic proves innocence. Plus, generally pretty good townplay.
  7. @Inkedust (Mademoiselle)
    • Hard townread rn from thoughtful, confident posting. I feel like her play is similar to mine, which is reassuring.
  8. @DawningWinds (DawningWinds)
    • I disagree with almost everything they post, but soft town bc that's consistent with their previous play.
  9. @HelloYellow17 (Rui)
    • Strong town vibes, pretty keen to be helpful, has a power that technically could be mafia I guess but feels more like town to me.
  10. @kyeugh (King AZ )
    • Truly unknowable. I actually enjoy their shitposting and like their takes and don't think they've been sus or unhelpful. But. It remains unclear.
  11. @Equitial (Amy)
    • Probably truthing.
  12. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone)
    • Hardest town read rn. 100%.
Welp. There MUST be Mafia, and I thought about it and I think we have an odd night SK. So we gotta vote. It's down to Fuse, Q, or DW for me simply for being the folks about which I'm least confident.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Also Equi just cause other people are feeling good about uA doesn't mean I am. I was planning to maybe move my vote when I put together my readslist though I haven't seen much that makes me want to yet

Popular opinion may not affect your read, but it does mean your train won’t get any traction. So far you’re the only other one with a vote on them, so if you know you’re innocent, shouldn’t you be better off trying a lesser scumread? I know you said you’re working on it, but it will be EOD still pretty soon.

@Bluwiikoon, I think maybe someone voted abstain?

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Popular opinion may not affect your read, but it does mean your train won’t get any traction. So far you’re the only other one with a vote on them, so if you know you’re innocent, shouldn’t you be better off trying a lesser scumread? I know you said you’re working on it, but it will be EOD still pretty soon.
this does not make any sense to me at all

“if you’re innocent shouldn’t you care enough about how people read you to abandon your actual reads” just runs completely contrary to the point of being town to me

like i’m not really feeling that great about dw but i am getting immaculately fishy vibes off of this

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[@HelloYellow17 I don't understand the function of your messaging power? Been a bit tired today. Are you saying that only aliens receive your messages...?]]
[[imma be fully honest, I’m still trying to understand it myself?? Haha 🙃 I truly did not know what the point of my role was, then I thought I had it figured out, and now I’m unsure again. However, my messages can be received by ANY third party members. So it’s not just aliens! (Unless all TP are aliens, but I kind of doubt that?) So it has a slightly different function from Equi’s ability.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

@Bluwiikoon, I think maybe someone voted abstain?
[[I mean, I do think DW needs to consider other options and I really don’t think the Salem vote is worth it rn, but more than asking her to change her vote, I want to see her defend herself. I’ve only seen her throw sus at multiple people and demand more players role-claim, which…isn’t a good look.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
this does not make any sense to me at all

“if you’re innocent shouldn’t you care enough about how people read you to abandon your actual reads” just runs completely contrary to the point of being town to me

like i’m not really feeling that great about dw but i am getting immaculately fishy vibes off of this
Fam I just don’t want them to lunch Jackie 😥

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[What’s everyone else’s thoughts on having aliens claim? Idk I’m just hesitant to say it’s a good idea. Plus, that gives scum/anti-town people the opportunity to fake claim alien and confused everyone further? Or maybe I’m just being paranoid?? IDK someone please share their thoughts.]]
Steven suddenly stood up, he spoke with urgency. "I think any other Alien third party member should remain silent, for their own safety."

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Truly unknowable. I actually enjoy their shitposting and like their takes and don't think they've been sus or unhelpful. But. It remains unclear.
not shading you but i am a bit frustrated that everyone’s read on me seems to amount to “her posting is fine but i vaguely don’t like her for some reason none of us can explain “ bc i can’t help but feel like that has to be on some level borne out of comparison to my previous play and i’m not sure what i can do really to emphasize that i’m playing differently on purpose and it is irrelevant to my alignment

Fam I just don’t want them to lunch Jackie 😥
do you actually feel jackie is at risk of being eliminated because i don’t tbh

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Steven suddenly stood up, he spoke with urgency. "I think any other Alien third party member should remain silent, for their own safety."
Rui let out a breath of relief. She was glad that someone agreed with her on this. She didn’t want to be too paranoid, but surely laying all the cards out on the table wasn’t a good idea! After all, with so many messengers, they had a huge advantage: they could communicate and find each other without (hopefully) the bad guys catching on! Surely that was better and safer?

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[ or consider... healing people at night.

Hardclaiming Doc. Didnt wanna do it so early, damn it, but I'm not letting you guys get rid of good protection ]]

Mademoiselle looked at the Palkia incredulously. "Are you trying to paint a target on your back?"

[[Bad idea. If you're being truthful, you just gave the anti-town a the means of getting rid of Town's protection. There were better ways of defending yourself here and this admittedly has caused me to side-eye you even more as it's a convenient claim to make.

Also, I am firmly against abstaining today. Not only can we give ourselves an early leg up against anti-town if we lynch correctly but I feel that we're taking a massive risk with two potential nightkills.

Could you elaborate further?]]

Top Bottom