• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Two (2) hours remain...

DAY 1 start

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"The guys, they had to come up with some sort of plan. They tried talking to the locals and got laughed at, so they decided to be a bit more firm with 'em. Start interrogating some folks. If they didn't talk, they'd get rid of 'em."

"Of course, word got around town that certain members of the community, ahem, our boys, were intending to cause harm to everybody else. Folks didn't like that, so suddenly the whole village was ready to execute anybody that seemed suspicious. Lucky for us, the locals couldn't tell who was one of theirs and who was one of our own."

"At this point, our boys were ready to cut down anyone if it meant they could get outta there. Shit just seemed way too weird, way too extreme. There ain't no way a truck can drive for a couple hours in a straight line and end up back where they started, not without some kinda supernatural force or crazy technology or something. Shit's scary. Our boys... they were real scared."

"But, y'know... they were even more scared, when... the very same people they shot at night were there the next day, like nothing had even happened."

-------------------------------

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. The fresh scent of Season is in the air, and so is the fresh scent of the dozens of random candles within your room. On days like these... you wish you were able to sleep in a bit more, instead of being dragged out of bed and into the town square with everyone else.

In the midst of the town, sans is standing atop a textureless, perfectly geometrically cube-shaped cube, hands in his pockets. It is the most cube-shaped cube you have ever seen.

"hey, so, bad news," he starts, addressing the whole group. "seems like some omnipotent force granted people some powers last night. you might have heard gunshots in the night. or, you might have been enjoying our top-quality sleeping arrangements. i know i wouldn't blame ya."

He clears his... throat? "the thing is, our mayor implemented a certain... law. law says that if anybody is found shooting innocent folks, or even planning to shoot innocent folks, we execute 'em. might seem extreme, but hey. it's an old town."

"now, the good news: we don't just execute at random. you all get a say in who you think is the most suspicious. so if i were you... i'd start figuring out who's trying to kill the rest of you. otherwise... you're gonna have a bad time."

"anyway, i'm making burgers if anybody wants some. fries on me."

Day 1 has begun.

Nobody has died. You have 48 hours for discussion and voting.

To vote to execute a player, post vote [player] in bold. You may play with the wording, but if a name is in bold, it will be counted as a vote. Votes will be tallied at the end of the Day.

>Here is a handy countdown until Night 1 begins!<

DAY 1 has been extended by two hours. It will now end at 22:00 BST. >Here is an updated countdown link.<

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
A single possum, known to some as French Fry, wandered down the main street.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen trembled as he listened to the skeletons words. People were trying to kill each other here? And...and people would be executed?!

His breathing became rapid, and he clutched tightly onto his reunion cape. A look of panic and fear was in his eyes.

No. Nonononono.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Amy--a human girl, about thirteen or fourteen years old--stepped outside. Her arms hugged her middle tightly; she looked wide-eyed at all the people who were gathering.

She stopped, let out a beath. "Um, I'm here now, wherever this place is." She let out a nervous giggle. "Arrived last night, but I didn't really see anyone."

She cleared her throat. " I know we were all supposed to be assigned a partner. I was partnered with, um, Steven Stone." She said that name in a quieter tone of voice. "We...talked for a bit about what’s happening. I know this game isn’t really started yet, but so far he seems trustworthy to me. So, the rest of you, do any of your partners, um--who's with who, I guess I want to ask?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry grunts at the new girl. He doesn't remember seeing her yesterday. But she's vouching for her friend. Steven? That other... what were they called. ... Humans. Right, that other human. That was good. Although he wasn't sure if it was a good idea for everyone to tell who their partner was.

he looked around again, whiskers twitching. Where was the black and white human from yesterday? Guzma?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui wasn’t sure how she got here, or how long she’d been in this strange place, but that didn’t matter much. Dreams were just like that, sometimes.

What was a little unusual was how vivid everything was. She couldn’t remember any dream that felt as real as this one. She could remember waking up in a nice sort of hotel room with a letter on the nightstand beside her, and as she read it, she only became more and more confused. This was…a game of sorts? And some people were trying to—to kill the other ones? She didn’t like the sound of that. At all.

Oh, gods, she knew she shouldn’t have had that razz-pecha juice right before bed. She could already hear Nan clicking her tongue and sighing, “I warned you not to, my Pidove.”

Well, no matter—this was just a dream. So nobody was actually going to die, no matter how vivid and real this all felt, right? …Right?

As she made her way outside, she felt her fears calm a little once she caught sight of the group that had gathered. Yes, this was definitely a dream, because there were a couple odd Pokemon she’d never seen before, one of them was talking, and—Sweet Celebi, was that a Palkia??

Rui laughed to herself and strode up to the odd cluster of individuals, her smile brightening with each step. Of course! This was a dream and this was just a game—and hey, while she was here, she might as well make the most of it!

“Hello!” She gave a little wave. “Um, I don’t really know what’s going on, but it’s nice to meet all of you!”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle was furious—even more so than usual. She took no time in making herself the centre of attention the moment she reached the main square.

"Who was it!?" she shrieked. "Who were the ones who attempted to enter my room at night!?"

She folded her wings and paced around the square, glaring at everyone. "I had three visitors last night. The first made themselves known to me as my 'buddy', we spoke for a bit before falling asleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, I was awoken by the sounds of someone trying to break in—it was dark, I couldn't see who it was—I chased them off, but not long after, a second perpetrator tried to break in. This one had the audacity to attack me, though they also ran off when they realised that they were losing the battle.

"I don't believe that there was a single attacker. The first quickly learned its lesson while the second was much more bold in its approach."

[[TL:DR, I was OS-BP and granted my buddy the same protection. Both got shot N0, leading me to believe that there might be two killing factions at play here—however, there are other possibilities for the second shot that shouldn't be discounted even if I find the two anti-town killing factions explanation to be most likely.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[TL:DR, I was OS-BP and granted my buddy the same protection. Both got shot N0, leading me to believe that there might be two killing factions at play here—however, there are other possibilities for the second shot that shouldn't be discounted even if I find the two anti-town killing factions explanation to be most likely.]]

Amy perked up. She looked at Mademoiselle. She tapped her fingers on her knee a dozen times. Then a half dozen more. Then once again for good measure. "Really?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The possum hissed. The audacity!
2021-09-05_tetra-possum-v.png

Fry seemed to believe Mademoiselle's claims, at least for now.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem crept into the town square, hugging close to the walls. At least when you were up against a wall you could count on your back being covered.

"Uh. Hello," she ventured, quietly. Then, louder, burning at how pathetic her voice had just sounded, "My name is Salem, I'm part-purrloin, part-human, and whoever the people are that are trying to kill everyone, I'm going to figure out who you are, and I'm not going to let you kill me! Y-you, you fuckers!"

When Dusk said it, it sounded better than that. Oof.

"I don't have any way to help right now... But I'm smart. I'll catch someone lying or being tricky. I'm sure of it."

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon

POSSUM_VERYLARGE

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Rui wasn’t sure how she got here, or how long she’d been in this strange place, but that didn’t matter much. Dreams were just like that, sometimes.

What was a little unusual was how vivid everything was. She couldn’t remember any dream that felt as real as this one. She could remember waking up in a nice sort of hotel room with a letter on the nightstand beside her, and as she read it, she only became more and more confused. This was…a game of sorts? And some people were trying to—to kill the other ones? She didn’t like the sound of that. At all.

Oh, gods, she knew she shouldn’t have had that razz-pecha juice right before bed. She could already hear Nan clicking her tongue and sighing, “I warned you not to, my Pidove.”

Well, no matter—this was just a dream. So nobody was actually going to die, no matter how vivid and real this all felt, right? …Right?

As she made her way outside, she felt her fears calm a little once she caught sight of the group that had gathered. Yes, this was definitely a dream, because there were a couple odd Pokemon she’d never seen before, one of them was talking, and—Sweet Celebi, was that a Palkia??

Rui laughed to herself and strode up to the odd cluster of individuals, her smile brightening with each step. Of course! This was a dream and this was just a game—and hey, while she was here, she might as well make the most of it!

“Hello!” She gave a little wave. “Um, I don’t really know what’s going on, but it’s nice to meet all of you!”
Fry ambled over to the newcomer, sniffing carefully. If that other weird lady was right then not everyone here was trustworthy.
Still, she had a nice voice and seemed nice.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Amy sat back into her chair, looking at her knees for a thoughtful moment. "Actually, that makes me reconsider if it is a good idea to share our partners. I thought so at first, but now Mademsoille's partner is unprotected. And since the OSBP ability doesn't come from herself, so she might still be a role that could help us all."

Amy shook her head. "I don't really regret telling everyone I'm with Steven, but I think you should think twice before revealing all."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"U-u-um..."

Gen hesitated, then waddled closer.

"I-I'm, uh, Gen," he said, not letting go of his reunion cape. "H-hi."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I don't have any way to help right now... But I'm smart. I'll catch someone lying or being tricky. I'm sure of it."
Fry opened his mouth in a silent hiss at the strange cat that appeared.

She walked liked a Tailless but smelled of cat. And he wasn't sure he liked cats. Some of them were mean. But at least she seemed mad at the Bad Ones. Maybe she was trustworthy.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
1632861562461.png "When I woke up, I thought I'd just been confused about where I'd gone to sleep last night, but iinstead I was in another of these secret killer games. I didn't ask for this. And if there's a lone killer like my last game, or more than one killing team, or maybe even a good guy stupid enough to try killing on the first night, then we're going to die fast after today. This is going to be..."

She started breathing heavily. Fuck. Fuck!

[[Calm yourself. Everything was fine, last time. The stakes aren't real. You'll be okay. Just wait for information to come along, and try to spot the people with an agenda that seems weird.]]

The voice in her head was back. It had been right most of the time last game. Just not about trusting that Hazel and Jean weren't mafia. Nnnn.

[[I'm sorry I got that wrong, but we'll do better this time. Good luck, Salem.]]

"This is going to be tough," she finished.

Looking around, she saw at least one familiar face.

"Hello, Mr. Stone," she said, waving cautiously to Steven.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Amy perked up. She looked at Mademoiselle. She tapped her fingers on her knee a dozen times. Then a half dozen more. Then once again for good measure. "Really?"
Amy sat back into her chair, looking at her knees for a thoughtful moment. "Actually, that makes me reconsider if it is a good idea to share our partners. I thought so at first, but now Mademsoille's partner is unprotected. And since the OSBP ability doesn't come from herself, so she might still be a role that could help us all."

Amy shook her head. "I don't really regret telling everyone I'm with Steven, but I think you should think twice before revealing all."

Mademoiselle looked down at the new girl. "Yes. Why would I lie about something like this?" She let the question linger before continuing. "In any case, I refuse to reveal my 'buddy's' identity for the time being and I would not suggest revealing such things so haphazardly."

Top Bottom