• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Fry ambled over to the newcomer, sniffing carefully. If that other weird lady was right then not everyone here was trustworthy.
Still, she had a nice voice and seemed nice.
Movement caught Rui’s eye; she glanced down, then jumped at the appearance of..a…Pokémon?? She’d never seen this kind before!

Oh my gods it’s so cute.

She knelt down and held a hand out to the creature. “Hello!”

"Who was it!?" she shrieked. "Who were the ones who attempted to enter my room at night!?"

She folded her wings and paced around the square, glaring at everyone. "I had three visitors last night. The first made themselves known to me as my 'buddy', we spoke for a bit before falling asleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, I was awoken by the sounds of someone trying to break in—it was dark, I couldn't see who it was—I chased them off, but not long after, a second perpetrator tried to break in. This one had the audacity to attack me, though they also ran off when they realised that they were losing the battle.
Rui jumped again at the exclamation of a giant…bird…creature burst in on the scene with a shriek. There was no denying the anger in her voice, and her aura—

Wait. Rui looked around with a frown. Something was wrong. She could see everyone’s auras, and yet they were all…muted, somehow. Perhaps it was because this was a dream…? Yes, that had to be it.

Still, the fact that she couldn’t read anyone’s emotions was unsettling. She suddenly felt goosebumps along her arms.

Maybe this game wasn’t going to be as lighthearted as she thought.

[[Rui’s aura stuff is pure RP flavor, btw! Just wanted to acknowledge it lol.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Mademoiselle looked down at the new girl. "Yes. Why would I lie about something like this?" She let the question linger before continuing. "In any case, I refuse to reveal my 'buddy's' identity for the time being and I would not suggest revealing such things so haphazardly."

Amy couldn't resist flinching back. She hadn't really meant anything when she blurted out, "Really?" It just came out in her surprise.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"personally, my buddy is this delicious burg," said sans, flipping some patties on a small portable grill.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Palkia glanced around at everyone else that was gathered, unsure of what to make of any of them... Truth be told, he was concerned about this death and killing stuff.

Back home, he was a god. Gods didn't die, not permanently anyways. Matter of fact, he'd been killed by Dialga more times than he could count.

But here? In this freakshow dimension? Who knew what would happen.

Thankfully, sandwiches existed in this dimension! This alone made Palkia calm down, and he was actually eating one right now.

I had three visitors last night. The first made themselves known to me as my 'buddy', we spoke for a bit before falling asleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, I was awoken by the sounds of someone trying to break in—it was dark, I couldn't see who it was—I chased them off, but not long after, a second perpetrator tried to break in. This one had the audacity to attack me, though they also ran off when they realised that they were losing the battle.

"Wait, hold up. You said you had three people come to you... but unless I'm interpreting this wrong, only one tried killing you?" He said with a mouth full of sandwich. "Do you know what this third person did, if anything? The one who wasn't your buddy, and who didn't try to kill you?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem quietly took a pattie from sans' grill before it had hardly cooked, with a small nod of thanks. The skeleton was clearly a liar and another otherworldly presence, but at least he wasn't a killer. Probably. After all, he wasn't playing, right?

She took a bite of her prize, and watched the ongoing discussions with fearful eyes.

What were the odds of both pairs of a buddy system getting shot, anyway?

[[Well, I'd hazard a guess that there are two pairs of mafia in our group of twelve. That would fit the buddy system build laid out for us by the host! In that case, and assuming they have no other extra information, (which I think is likely, this early!) each scumteam has a one in ten chance of murdering any other person, scum or no, giving a hundred possible combinations of targets, including both teams targeting the same player. Only four of those combinations represents an outcome like last night's, with both members of a system getting hit. If my maths is right, then that's 4%, huh? That's pretty small odds, but it's about as common as a natural twenty in D&D. Or a natural one. Still, it makes you wonder if there were any powers at work, redirecting targets or giving information ahead of time, you know?]]

Hm.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Wait, hold up. You said you had three people come to you... but unless I'm interpreting this wrong, only one tried killing you?" He said with a mouth full of sandwich. "Do you know what this third person did, if anything? The one who wasn't your buddy, and who didn't try to kill you?"
Salem shook her head.

"She was saying her three visitors were her buddy, someone trying to kill her buddy, and someone trying to kill her."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
  5. zoroark

"That's not what I said," Mademoiselle replied to the second Legendary. "Both tried to attack last night, though only one made their move."

[[For the sake of clarity, the thing about visitors was purely flavour. Both my buddy and I got shot last night.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Movement caught Rui’s eye; she glanced down, then jumped at the appearance of..a…Pokémon?? She’d never seen this kind before!

Oh my gods it’s so cute.

She knelt down and held a hand out to the creature. “Hello!”
Ah, this Tailless had good taste. He sniffed her hand, then brushed his head against it. What a nice human.

His attention shifted back to the Cat Being. They had a point. There might very well be two packs of Bad Ones. But he had another thought. Could there be a loner Bad One and and a group? What were those called? Serial Killers?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
"Eeeep..." Gen squeaked, looking down as he quivered. This was so scary...

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I'm still figuring out what the ideal moves are for town right now, but I believe Inke/Mlle is telling the truth, and I think the idea of two small scumteams is very likely, given the numbers and the buddy system. Provisionally, it'd be pretty swell if a healer type could fix their powers on Mlle tonight, since it doesn't seem impossible that the scum would try again...?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Could there be a loner Bad One and and a group?
"Nobody in this game is alone," mused Salem, to herself and to the nearby, mute creature. "If there's a lone killer, they'd be paired up with a townie, right? It's not impossible, but it'd be really different to a normal lone killer. Much more like a mafia team, especially if they're sharing information honestly. And why wouldn't they? Buddy systems can win together."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[I'm still figuring out what the ideal moves are for town right now, but I believe Inke/Mlle is telling the truth, and I think the idea of two small scumteams is very likely, given the numbers and the buddy system. Provisionally, it'd be pretty swell if a healer type could fix their powers on Mlle tonight, since it doesn't seem impossible that the scum would try again...?]]

I also think Inke is telling the truth, and a Healer considering them I think is also a decent idea. But I'm not quite ready to ride with the assumption that there are four Mafia buddied together. I mean, it's perfectly feasible. But I think it's possible not to be as well.

(Which was originally why I wanted to sort buddies together, to get a better idea of dynamics and what partners think of each other.)

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"When I woke up, I thought I'd just been confused about where I'd gone to sleep last night, but iinstead I was in another of these secret killer games. I didn't ask for this. And if there's a lone killer like my last game, or more than one killing team, or maybe even a good guy stupid enough to try killing on the first night, then we're going to die fast after today. This is going to be..."
Was…was that…a feline human? Uh, human feline? Rui had never seen anything like it, and she could feel her brain short-circuiting as she took them in—and then their words sunk in. Another game? So this Salem had experienced this before? And she even recognized a few others too, it seemed. Just what sort of dream was this?

“Okay, so…” she spoke slowly, trying to wrap her head around everything. “We might be dealing with four bad guys? And two people were attacked last night? Was anyone else attacked? I…don’t know what to think about everything…”

Ah, this Tailless had good taste. He sniffed her hand, then brushed his head against it. What a nice human.

Well, at least she’d made a friend already. And a very cute one!! Rui grinned and gently scooped the creature up. “What do you think, huh? Maybe you can sniff out clues with your nose.” She laughed.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
  5. farfetchd
"Nobody in this game is alone," mused Salem, to herself and to the nearby, mute creature. "If there's a lone killer, they'd be paired up with a townie, right? It's not impossible, but it'd be really different to a normal lone killer. Much more like a mafia team, especially if they're sharing information honestly. And why wouldn't they? Buddy systems can win together."
unless...? 😳

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I don’t think we should discard the idea of four mafia, but this is kind of a high number, especially if there’s a serial killer out there somewhere. It’s possible there’s two maf and one serial killer/third party, no? Buddies don’t have to be the same alignment, if I understand Blu’s rules correctly!
Also: what the heck. Both OSBP shot in one night? I know it’s not impossible, but does anyone else think that’s kind of weird? Not saying I don’t trust Inke because I think she’s telling the truth, but it’s a crazy coincidence.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Fry considered this a moment. What if all three were true? Two bad guy Packs and and One secret Bad Guy? Or as some liked to called it he supposed.... what was it? Two mafia and One serial killer?

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
especially if there’s a serial killer out there somewhere.
[[ Do we know for sure there's a third party? I know it was mentioned in the intro post, but not guaranteed, right? ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
four Mafia buddied together.

[[Nah. One pair of scum, and a second pair of scum. It's a little like having a scumteam and an SK in vanilla. As far as I'm concerned, a third party with a buddy is another scumteam. It's my working assumption for now.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Well, at least she’d made a friend already. And a very cute one!! Rui grinned and gently scooped the creature up. “What do you think, huh? Maybe you can sniff out clues with your nose.” She laughed.
Fry wrinkled his nose and grunted. He could certainly try. Perhaps he could figure out something...

[[I don’t think we should discard the idea of four mafia, but this is kind of a high number, especially if there’s a serial killer out there somewhere. It’s possible there’s two maf and one serial killer/third party, no? Buddies don’t have to be the same alignment, if I understand Blu’s rules correctly!
Also: what the heck. Both OSBP shot in one night? I know it’s not impossible, but does anyone else think that’s kind of weird? Not saying I don’t trust Inke because I think she’s telling the truth, but it’s a crazy coincidence.]]
Fry thinks this is crazy. He wonders if maybe someone was able to switch something during the night and trick someone?

Top Bottom