• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Instead, she saw a delinquent of a man with the linoone-creature sitting on his shoulder. She looked down at the man and demanded, "Do you know where the walking skeleton went?"
He’d barely made it far into the square before he was interrupted yet again. He heard a booming voice, asking him about some sort of skeleton, but couldn’t quite pinpoint where it was coming from. He furrowed his brows and slowly looked at the Possum.

“…Fry? Was that you?” he asked.

When he didn’t get an answer, he turned his head ever slightly, and something red caught his eye. Craning his neck upward toward the rooftop of one of the buildings that bordered the square, he saw…hold the actual fuck up, what was that?

He slowly raised his sunglasses, squinting as if that was somehow going to change the shape of it. It looked like…what was that legendary called? Some Kalosian shit, right? Started with a Y…

“Y…veltal?” he said, it coming out as a question. He let it linger, before wildly shaking his head. “Nah, no shot. Legendaries wouldn’t be here and they sure as fuck don’t talk.” Had to be a mirage. A hunger induced mirage. Or a game induced mirage. Granted, he wasn’t expecting the weird shit to happen so soon, but the letter he’d gotten did mention shenanigans, and no indication of when said shenanigans were supposed to start.

Yveltal screaming at him about a skeleton definitely fell under shenanigans. So, he kept walking. He didn’t have time for this right now. He was hungry, and now he had another mouth to feed.

“Sorry mirage, dunno about any skeleton. Right now I’m tryna find a sandwich or somethin’.” He peered back at the Possum. “Ya like turkey? Or are ya more of a ham kinda homie? No judgement. I just don’t do the mayo thing.”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Though she was unamused by the man's crudeness and lack of respect (must have been uneducated), Mademoiselle held her tongue as she gathered that she wouldn't find the skeleton anytime soon. The mention of food piqued her interest, she hadn't eaten since the incident, and she might be able to obtain more information regarding her current situation if she explored more. She rolled her eyes and followed the uneducated man, but first...

"I'm just as real as you are unless you are a part of some kind of extended nightmare I'm having," Mademoiselle corrected, making no attempt to hide the displeasure in her voice.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“Sorry mirage, dunno about any skeleton. Right now I’m tryna find a sandwich or somethin’.” He peered back at the Possum. “Ya like turkey? Or are ya more of a ham kinda homie? No judgement. I just don’t do the mayo thing.”
1632639579138.png
mayonnaise. how awful.

But almost any food was good food (excluding mayo).

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I'm just as real as you are unless you are a part of some kind of extended nightmare I'm having," Mademoiselle corrected, making no attempt to hide the displeasure in her voice.
Well, if looked like he was being followed by the mirage, and it sounded like he’d pissed it off. Was it coming to throw hands? He was ready to throw hands—of course, protecting French Fry in the process. So, he guessed he’d only throw one hand.

But no, no fight was picked. Just aggravated conversation. He wasn’t trying to keep conversation with a mirage, but he supposed it was something to do while he tried to find a place to eat. Maybe it’d tell him some important shit about this game, because Gods knew he had no idea what he was getting himself into.

Though, the mention of nightmares caused him to tense his shoulders a little. Not really what he wanted to talk about at a time like this. He preferred to keep the instances of his night terrors to his bedroom, thank you very much.

“Uuuusually my nightmares happen at night,” he said stiffly. “So it must not be that. You might be thinkin’ of like…a sleep paralysis demon ‘er somethin’ like that.” He looked over his shoulder at the Yveltal. “No offense, you definitely look like one o’ those.”

mayonnaise. how awful.

But almost any food was good food (excluding mayo).
Bless up, it seemed even French Fry knew mayo was an abomination. They were gonna be best buds, for sure.

“So how about ham and turkey, then? I’m feelin’ pretty damn adventurous right now.”

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
If the gang finds their way to the hotel/inn, they will find a delightful snack bar under colourful awnings! They have most kind of basic sandwiches, but nothing's stopping you from performing sandwich surgery if you wanna put chicken in your PBJ or something. There's a punch bowl and assorted bottles of popular beverages, but also vending machines. The machines claim to be "unlimited" and cost "0 dollars". The perfect place to start a can city...? (people with excellent noses may even smell the ice cream bar located inside the building...!)

There's even a hot dog stand. sans is standing behind the counter of the stand, but it looks like... he's asleep? The skeleton has his eyes closed and is snoring. Somehow. You can see large Zs bubbling up from him, like a god damn cartoon.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
“Uuuusually my nightmares happen at night,” he said stiffly. “So it must not be that. You might be thinkin’ of like…a sleep paralysis demon ‘er somethin’ like that.” He looked over his shoulder at the Yveltal. “No offense, you definitely look like one o’ those.”

Mademoiselle snarled. She took great offence to that. Feathers instinctively stood on their ends as she eyed the man closely, taking note of the way he reacted to comment about nightmares. "Were you never taught basic manners, sir?" she asked, almost giggling, with mocking pity.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Looks like sans is just gonna have to get closer! When you huddle up, he is able to grasp a little Osha paw. Success!

You enjoy a cosy walk inside of the building, where there is indeed a magnificent ice cream bar. So many different kinds! Kinds you've never even heard of! Sprinkles!!! Oh my, they even have M&Ms! It is a heaven for custom ice cream creations. They even have a touchscreen interface for custom orders, if you happen to be unable to scoop ice cream yourself for dexterity or height-related reasons.

"pretty nice, right?" he said, with a characteristic sans wink. "you can kind of see why we didn't have enough budget for more rooms."
Gen's eyes widened, and his tail even began to wag a tiny bit. "Wow..."

He hesitated, then waddled over to the touchscreen before tapping on every chocolate item he could find.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Gen's eyes widened, and his tail even began to wag a tiny bit. "Wow..."

He hesitated, then waddled over to the touchscreen before tapping on every chocolate item he could find.
You hear a soft hum of machinery, as some form of ice-cream-building process gets to work. After a minute or so, a ding! is heard - and two mechanical arms come out of a wall near the touchscreen, gently placing a container of your custom ice cream creation upon a tray. The machinery even delicately dispenses a spoon. Looks good enough to eat!

"well then," said sans, with an ever-present smile. "want me to put this on a table for you? we got some tables for short folks over here." He gestures to a set of little colourful chairs around a little colourful table. It would perhaps feel like a table for kids, if all the adult-sized tables and chairs didn't have the same colourful patterns on them, too.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Y-yeah!" Gen said, staring at the chocolatey goodness.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"Y-yeah!" Gen said, staring at the chocolatey goodness.

"here you go," he said, placing the tray and spoon upon the nearest short-sized table. He even pulls a chair out for Gen! The service here is incredible.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Th-thank you!" Gen said, climbing onto the chair, before grabbing the spoon with some difficulty. He scooped into the ice cream, and took a bite. Instantly, his tail began wagging rapidly, and he made a happy squeak. It was so nice to have chocolate ice cream again.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"Th-thank you!" Gen said, climbing onto the chair, before grabbing the spoon with some difficulty. He scooped into the ice cream, and took a bite. Instantly, his tail began wagging rapidly, and he made a happy squeak. It was so nice to have chocolate ice cream again.
sans slides into a chair opposite, leaning an arm on the table. "bone appetit, as they say. hope you enjoy it."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven closed the door to his room behind him, aware of the commotion downstairs having increased tenfold since he arrived (screaming, shouting, loud bass-pounding music). He had fully intended to go on a walk much earlier, but he was hesitant to leave his belongings in the room unattended. There were locks on the doors, but there were no keys to use them. Not that there was a receptionist to ask either. At any rate, he had no intention of spending his entire trip holed up in his room, so with a mental note to ask their skeleton host about possibly obtaining a room key at some point, he headed down the stairs.

The sight that unfolded before him at the bottom nearly made him trip over his own feet. An ice cream bar had appeared in the lobby, and the oshawott from earlier was tucking in to a giant bowl of chocolate ice cream, radiating bliss from every inch of their body. Sans was relaxing at the table with them, and gave Steven a wink upon catching his stare.

Steven gave a nervous wave in return, still processing yet another mystery about this place as he made his way through the lobby and outside. He'd barely pushed the inn doors open when he froze. "This place just keeps getting weirder and weirder."

Palkia, the Sinnohan god of space, was stuffing as many sandwiches into its mouth as its hands would allow. Next to them, a slender man speaking in tongues was devouring hot dogs at a similar pace. The Kalosian god of death, Yveltal, was ignoring the food, instead hissing and screeching while clutching a phone receiver in their claws. Casually ignoring the angry entity of death was the only other seemingly normal person he'd seen in this gods-forsaken town, who was holding a sandwich in both hands, offering them back and forth to the possum seated on his shoulder.

Steven blinked. Once, twice. Then rubbed a hand down the side of his face. "It'll be a short trip, a few days at most. You'll love it, I promise." Wallace had said. The urge to strangle his friend bubbled up from Steven's gut.

"Maybe... if I just slip by quietly..." Steven said to himself, "No one will notice me. And I can go on a walk, and when I get back, all this will have gone away... And I'll realize that I'm just fatigued from travel and a good night's sleep will solve everything."

Steven made it two whole steps on his walk before tripping on a discarded tin can that someone had tried to toss in the nearby dumpster, and promptly fell on his ass.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
In the late afternoon, the sun is slowly getting to that annoying point in the sky where it blasts your eyes with sunrays if you're facing the wrong direction. The kind of light where you need to shade your eyes with a hand sometimes. It does give some of the cottages in town a delightful backlight, however. Very nice and quaint. Flowers in small flowerpots dance in the gentle breeze. The occasional bird chirps in the distance. (probably ordinary birds, and not gods of death.)

You may not have noticed it before, but a sign is placed upon the front window of the inn. It reads:

"Sign-ins close at sundown. Please be sure to register before 20:00."

If you are from another timezone, this may not mean much to you. But there is helpfully a little clock taped to the window underneath the sign. with a red arrow pointing at the number eight. Looks like there's... just over two hours left, in this timezone? Better make the most of it.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Time is ticking down...

Just over one hour left until night falls and NIGHT 0 starts.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Were you never taught basic manners, sir?" she asked, almost giggling, with mocking pity.
Guzma shook his head as a laugh rocked his person.

“Nah, my darling daddy-o dropped me on my head as a baby, so the ‘manners’ part of my brain is pret-ty fuckin’ shot!”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"How unfortunate," Mademoiselle replied. It wasn't long before she arrived at some kind of hotel lobby. She landed back on the ground, shoved the uneducated man aside with a wing and looked inside. What she saw inside sent her reeling, yet she steeled herself and went inside.

It took some effort to fit through the doorway and she couldn't stand at full height indoors. She didn't regard the skeleton as picked up something to eat and headed upstairs to her room.

She needed the time to herself.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven didn't dare move from where he lay on the ground. Part of him wished it might open up and swallow him whole. Then at least he'd be in a damned cave instead of whatever circus this town ended up being. Maybe, if he laid perfectly still, no one would notice, and he could still sneak his way out of there. But the sun was setting, and he couldn't lay there forever, so he slowly picked himself up, dusted off his suit as best he could, and made his way back into the inn. He'd find the receptionist, get a room key, and sleep until things went back to normal. And hopefully, he'd never cross paths with any of these people again.

"It's just one little vacation, he said. It'll be fun, he said."

NIGHT 0 start

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Before you know it, the sun has already sunk below the horizon. Lamps in the street illuminate the pathways. The warm light of the hotel/inn windows draw people in, and everyone is assigned a room and a phone. Seems like whoever you share a room with, you can text or call at any time, without any other person knowing. The legendary “Buddy system”.

The cottages in town don’t look particularly occupied, and some of them seem to accommodate larger guests. Seems like you have the option to stay inside a house instead of a hotel/inn room, as long as you still keep your Buddy with you. Seems like your Buddy will teleport to your accommodation, even if you try to get rid of them. Seems like some form of magic in this town is determined to keep you together with someone. Better hope you get along!

On the balcony of his own room, sans takes a long sip of hot sauce. A special drink for a special occasion.

“that day went pretty well,” he said to himself. “sure hope folks don’t try to shoot each other in the night or anything.”

The wind picks up, scattering loose flower petals. A stray crow caws in the distance, its call echoing through the night. sans finishes his drink, and puts it to one side.

“...welp. i’m going to grillby’s.”

The skeleton man walks offscreen, disappearing out of sight.

-----------------------------------

"Ey Tony, lemme tell you a story. See, we had some guys out near ██████, thought they'd set up shop in some small village. Quiet place, y'know? Perfect place for the boys to clean up some cash. Locals didn't bat an eye. So, y'know, one day the boys send some guys out to deliver the money to the higher ups, 'cause that was always the plan when the money was clean."

"Thing is... the boys couldn't leave. They'd drive in a straight line for miles, end up right back at the village. It weren't for lack of trying, too - and these weren't the type of guys to get lost, really reliable guys. So they turn to each other, and they says..."

"Something ain't right about this village."

NIGHT 0 has begun. Stay tuned for your role PMs and Buddy assignments. Please allow the GM some time to set-up Buddy Chats.

DAY 1 will begin in 48 hours.

1. @IFBench (Gen the Oshawott)
  2. @AbraPunk (Palkia the Palkia)
  3. @Sinderella (Guzma, ya boy)
  4. @unrepentantAuthor (Salem the Purrloin morph) (pleas pet her)
  5. @Fusion (Kora the Zoroark)
  6. @Flyg0n (Possum the living god)
  7. @Inkedust (Mademoiselle the human who looks like a Yveltal)
  8. @DawningWinds
  9. @HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
  10. @kyeugh (AZ the king, before he became a tall hobo)
  11. @Equitial (Amy the human)
  12. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
24 hours remain.

Be sure to submit any night actions you have!

Top Bottom