• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Good luck everyone," Hana said softly, giving Ebony one final pat. If something happened to her... "You were a good dog," she added.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Final vote count:

Jean: 6 (Chibi, Flyg0n, Phant, Homestar, Yellow, Persephone)

No vote: Espeon, Goat, Sinderella, Abra, Fusion, Dragonfree

--

The voice above Jean's head kept going, making a lot of complicated accusations. Jean shook her head slowly, tears in her eyes. "Stop! Stop that."

[[Aw, but I'm having fun!]]

"No! It's not fun. Ebony's my friend and you're mean." Jean crossed her arms. "I don't want to play anymore. I want to go with Ebony and Hazel and Salem and Anti and find a better game to play." She scowled at the air. "And you're not invited."

[[Okay. That's fair. Going to have to wait a bit for this game to be over, though!]]

"Well, I'm not playing anymore."

Jean faced everyone, clenching her fists. Even though she'd made a decision, it was still hard. She didn't want to lose. She didn't want to be playing on the bad-guy team in the first place. She definitely didn't want to kill her friends. Not really, it was just a game, but the portal was still weird and scary and she didn't want to send Anti and Salem there, or anyone else.

"I'm a bad guy! Put me in the hell-portal." Her dad always used to say if Hell were real he'd flip off God at the gates just to make a point. And she wanted to be brave, too.

With a blazing delighted sense of being very naughty, Jean defiantly raised her middle finger towards the air where the voice came from, screwed her eyes shut, and waited for the chains to take her.

--

Jean was eliminated. She was Mafia.

Day 5 will begin in 48 hours.

Day 5

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Another night passes...

--

Hana jerked awake with a start, heart racing. Even before she saw the chains, she knew.

They'd come for her. She'd thought she would have more time, to solve this, to figure things out. She was so sure she'd been right, that she could really make it to the end. But she'd gotten ahead of herself again. Still, she'd fought a good fight, hadn't she?

She stood up, calmly, stoicly. If this was to be the end, she was determined not to cower or hide. She wanted to be the sort of trainer Raga would be proud of. The creak of the chains echoed through the darkness. They tightened around her wrists, tugging her toward an unknowable void. Fighting was futile. Wishing or praying or fleeing would all be meaningless. That was just how the game worked.

But there was one thing she had.

Hope. Hope that whatever allies of hers remained, they would fight, and win. Win for everyone who'd died. And faith. Faith that in the end, the truth would be known.

Then, before the chains could drag her away, she walked forward into the void.

--

The void was always quiet.

Kent found it incredibly lame how he was basically locked away in jail for… some amount of time, until everyone was teleported into some random environment and told to use their brains.

The one thing he was never good at. Enzo would have been much, much better at this.

Kent sighed as he waited for the "day" to come.

Then, there was a shift in the air, as though something was nearby. He instantly became aware of his surroundings, or lack thereof. This could only mean one thing.

"So! Finally realized how dangerous I am, huh?! Good for you! Maybe now you'll have an easier time killing everyone else." He said to… whoever was there, if anyone was.

"Come on, coward. Show yourself!" He instantly launched a volley of shadowy projectiles. They all scattered and went off in different directions.

He tried again. And again. Each time, the projectiles would go everywhere.

Then, there was a slight humming noise, and Kent found himself staring at one of his own projectiles.

"Oh, shi--" Was all he managed to say before it rammed into his torso. A bone cracked, and throbbing pain coursed through his body.

He doubled over and barely had time to glance up before he was hit with the rest of his projectiles. They pelted him mercilessly.

He was thrown back by the force of all the projectiles, and fell through a portal that had been opened behind him.

--

Gravity felt much weaker here. Around them all were stars and, by some merciful miracle, an atmosphere to breathe in. There was a bright, faraway star that might have been the sun to their left, and to their right and all around were more tiny specks of light. There was still a concept of 'down' as, looking that way, the planet was far, far below them. An invisible ground gave them something to walk on, which flashed with light in a gentle pulse like water any time someone took a step.

Eien stood there like usual, fidgeting nervously. "Um, well, I suppose you know how this goes by now..."

Two letters slowly, slowly drifted to the ground.

Hana was eliminated. She was Innocent.
Kent was eliminated. He was Innocent.

Night 5 will begin in 48 hours.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"Space," Mike spoke, in a strange lilt. "The Final Frontier..."

It wasn't, and he knew that, but after another fourty-eight hours alone, he has blitzed past the depression and well into madness. He bent his knees and pushed himself into the air, his mouth trilling a false trumpet of a familiar song.

[[I didn't see that coming at all. Clever Mafia play: trying to make us think Chibi might be sus after all! Sorry to see you go, Hana and Kent :(((

What'd'ya dig up, Chibi?]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Is this... what space actually feels like?" Reme muttered, gazing at the stars above. She took a step forward, then another, then made a short hop, going so much further than she thought she would. Reme had to hold her dress down as she descended, and as she landed, a soft, pleasant look grew on her face. "I had already imagined it to be like... swimming. And this might as well be as close as I've gotten to floating on my own."

A shame such magical a place had to be tainted by someone's death. Or the death of a pair, actually. Kent and Hana... a tragedy in two parts.

And once again, Reme herself was powerless to do anything about it. Other than whatever information she and her Voice may receive... A pity, considering her Voice had work tomorrow... again reminding Reme that her concept of time was being puppeted by a fool.

[[Tl;dr, I got work tomorrow, and it's already kinda late for me. Time to get behind on the chatlog once again, haha!]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Seems like Mafia may be moving into their endgame if they're targeting lovers. And taking out the most solidly "town" pair was smart.

Unfortunately, it gives me the sinking feeling that four Mafia remain instead of just two. If Sind/Persephone are legit lovers, they get popped tomorrow and that's the game. We might be in Sacrifice-or-lose. Or Miseliminate-and-lose? Whatever it is.

I'd love to hear who Espy and Chibi looked at. Hopefully one of you guys sniffed at the other lover pair. Otherwise, maybe a spicy take on someone who has (or hasn't) claimed yet?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“What in the hell.”

Wes stumbled around the bizarre place, heart pounding, utterly bewildered at whatever this place was. He was comforted by the fact that he could stand with his feet on solid ground, but only somewhat. He stared at the stars and colors gleaming all around him and, after a few deep breaths, managed to calm his racing heart a little.

This was…entirely out of his comfort zone, to be sure, but it was also beautiful in a way he couldn’t quite describe. As he took in the scenery, his thoughts wandered: I wonder if I can find all the constellations Alden taught me.

Mike’s voice pulled him back to reality—well, “reality” was a generous term for this game—and Wes tore his gaze from the stars to do a quick headcount. Mike, Clovis, the screechy Vulpix, Ebony—Ebony?

She was still here, even after all that had happened. That was…a welcome surprise. Wes had to admit that he’d grown quite fond of the Houndoom, and he couldn’t help but smile in relief.

But if Ebony was here, then that meant someone else wasn’t. It didn’t take him long to notice not one, but two absences: Hana and Kent.

He felt a heavy weight in his stomach. He hadn’t known Hana for very long, but he’d liked her spunk. And Kent, devious though he was, had even started to grow on him…and now they were gone. Snuffed out like a candle.

Dammit all. Wes hissed through gritted teeth. He would find the last of those scum. He would find them, make them pay, and then make it out of here alive and well.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Space! So this was what space was like. Ebony took an experimental leap and sailed way further than she could have back home. It would have been fun... except it just reminded her of how much more fun it would have been if more friends were still here.

And now Hana was gone too. Hana had liked Ebony. She'd called her a 'good dog.' And she'd been really smart! She'd figured out Jean was bad before anyone else.

Ebony turned to face the others. "I know everyone wanted to know things about Ninetales. But I was thinking that even if she's bad, it might just be vanilla-bad. I really wanted to know things about Sylveon. And, well..."

She pawed at the moon dust. "Sylveon really does have the same power as me."

So many things made more sense now. But... lots of other things made less sense.

"Jean's Voice was... really sure that we were all too fast to say that the rock guy was a role-cop." But what was the reason? To make Sylveon's story look more true? To make Ebony look bad? To make Wes's hint sound fake?

"She also was--or acted--really surprised by the idea of two good role-cops. Maybe to make me look bad? Or maybe as a long plan to make Sylveon look bad? Even if Sylveon was on her team?"

Ebony's head was hurting. There was a lot to think about here...

[[god, the key to unraveling this day is gonna come down to micro-analyzing Dragonfree's posting agenda, isn't it. kill me.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"You know what," Mike spoke, finally able to land without stumbling, "we're gonna achieve some fat man bucket list shit today."

Mike kissed hand, held it to the sky, and hooted, "This is for that weird little Dracmon!"

Slowly, gracefully, in loping strides, Mike began to build up momentum. All the while he mimicked a trumpet, blaring a new song.

He tried a few test runs. A running leap, at the first rise in his fervored 'instrumentalism.' Then, on the second rise, a somewhat-overshot frontflip. He trumpeted as he rolled, and redoubled for a running start.

At the crescendo, Mike leapt and jerked his head and shoulders backwards. His knees tucked to his chest. He wasn't entirely sure how to do what he wanted to do, yet the lowered gravity gave him plenty of room for error. His rotund form flew gently through the air.

For the first time in his life, Mike did a single backflip.

He landed, barely catching himself, his voice squeaking, his arms pumping, his eyes bulging with pride and happiness, as he finished his performance.

[[god, the key to unraveling this day is gonna come down to micro-analyzing Dragonfree's posting agenda, isn't it. kill me.]]
[[I'm honestly going to ignore it. I'm positive they were blowing smoke and grasping at straws in all directions; it might be more helpful to skim it and see who they didn't squint too hard at.

Interesting to see Espy was telling the truth! Now we gotta figure out what to make of their claims, and see how they report today.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Unfortunately, it gives me the sinking feeling that four Mafia remain instead of just two. If Sind/Persephone are legit lovers, they get popped tomorrow and that's the game.
"I still think that there's no way there's six bad guys, unless Clovis and Pixie are also bad. Otherwise it'd be totally unfair!"

Ebony didn't like considering how likely it was that the game was, in fact, totally unfair.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
She pawed at the moon dust. "Sylveon really does have the same power as me."
Wes sighed. “I kind of figured she was on our side and just stumbling through things. This makes me pretty certain she’s innocent, at least. …Well, I think so, anyway.” To be honest, he wasn’t really sure of anything anymore.

But who was guilty? He massaged his temples in an attempt to keep a looming headache away. If there really were six scum to begin with, that meant they had four left to deal with, which…was definitely not good. If they chose the wrong person today, and Clovis and Pixie were killed…it would be over.

On the other hand, he was convinced that the only way for there to be four scum left would have to mean Clovis and Pixie were scum. He couldn’t see any other possibility for that. He just hoped there were only two left instead of four.

Gods, he was so tired.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“I’d like to hear what the Sylveon has to say before we make any official decisions, but I will say that the Ninetales over there is suspicious as all hell.” Wes jerked his head to the eerily silent fox. “We know absolutely nothing about them.”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"I still think that there's no way there's six bad guys, unless Clovis and Pixie are also bad. Otherwise it'd be totally unfair!"

Ebony didn't like considering how likely it was that the game was, in fact, totally unfair.
"I haven't played these kinda games a lot," Mike conceded, pausing in the middle of a handstand. He walked on his hands towards Ebony, unable to wipe the wide grin from his face. Though he was beginning to break quite the sweat, he couldn't help but relish in these feats.

In the feats of fit, skinny people, his thought invaded. His smile dimmed, but didn't falter.

"So if we think it's just two left, who've we got our eye on today?" Mike managed a vertical push-up but was unable to launch himself into the air as he had hoped. He instead made sure to at least fall on his backside, and the thump was graciously soft.

“I’d like to hear what the Sylveon has to say before we make any official decisions, but I will say that the Ninetales over there is suspicious as all hell.” Wes jerked his head to the eerily silent fox. “We know absolutely nothing about them.”
Mike's lips jerked to either side, swishing around the thought before he said it.

"Unfortunately, I do happen to agree," he nodded from the floor, "on all counts."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Wes sighed. “I kind of figured she was on our side and just stumbling through things. This makes me pretty certain she’s innocent, at least. …Well, I think so, anyway.” To be honest, he wasn’t really sure of anything anymore.
Ebony wasn't so sure. "I don't know. I still don't trust her. At all. I think Hana was right when she said that out of Hazel, Sylveon, and Ninetales, only one of them is good." And now Hana was gone.

But. Ebony didn't want to do the same thing that happened with Bart. So she looked up at Wes and said, "I'm going to go find everything that Sylveon said. And everything that Jean's Voice said about Sylveon. I think we can figure it out."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Clovis landed in the new place on his hands knees, grimacing at the fact that he was so rudely ripped from that mansion. God, they couldn’t have played out the rest of the game there? That’s what he dressed for, that’s how it should have been. But, he wasn’t the one running this ritual unfortunately.

He opened his eyes, and was…shocked to see that it seemed like he wasn’t standing on anything. Even more so, he could see the damn Earth far below them.

This…height…it wasn’t just any height, it was advanced height.

Fear clutched his heart, tighter and tighter, to the point he thought the organ would quite literally burst, killing him before the scum had a chance to. He frantically raised his head, looking for some sort of structure he could escape into, but found to his absolute horror that they were just out in the open. In the vast expanse of the universe. With nothing to stand on except this invisible floor.

The bile rose in his throat, and he cringed as he swallowed down the urge to throw it all up. He managed to ward off that nausea, but there was nothing he could do about the tremors that began to wrack his frame.

Squeezing his eyes shut, he slowly pushed himself up to sit on his knees, holding his trembling hands out in front of him as if he were trying to keep his balance.

“If-f I-I’d have kn-o-own we were going to sp-space…” he stammered. “I-I’d hav-ve ignored the le-lett-ter.”

He balled his hands into fists and brought them into his chest, inhaling the deepest breath he could muster, trying his best to calm his raging fear. He was stuck here for the next day, so he’d have to find a way to keep himself under control. He found that the longer he kept his eyes shut, the better he felt. What he couldn’t see, couldn’t hurt him. And now, with his death certain, being that it seemed the scum were hunting the lovers at this point, he didn’t need anything else out to get him.

With another deep breath, he felt a slight amount of tenseness leave his body. Yes, yes. He’d just…have to play blind for a while. Lest he waste his probable last day curled in a fetal position, stammering like a rampaging toddler over some pre-school grade fear, instead of being helpful.

“Th-the Sylv-veon,” he said, as evenly as he could manage. “What’s her-r read?”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
With another deep breath, he felt a slight amount of tenseness leave his body. Yes, yes. He’d just…have to play blind for a while. Lest he waste his probable last day curled in a fetal position, stammering like a rampaging toddler over some pre-school grade fear, instead of being helpful.
"Throw up if your sus," Mike chided. He threw himself into another piss-poor attempt at a cartwheel, which proved to require more coordination than he currently had.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Throw up if your sus," Mike chided. He threw himself into another piss-poor attempt at a cartwheel, which proved to require more coordination than he currently had.
Clovis wasn’t a temperamental man by any means. He’d argue that he often didn’t tamper enough with his emotions to get mad so easily. But, in the face of his biggest fear, having snide comments thrown at him just wasn’t something he was quite there for.

The breath he sucked in was sharp, and he spoke with a level of edge he very rarely found. “Mike,” he started. “I appreciated your-r c-comedy up until this point, bu-ut if you make anoth-ther fucking comment lik-ke that, I’m going to li-light a cigarette just so I can put i-it out on your Adams apple.”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
The breath he sucked in was sharp, and he spoke with a level of edge he very rarely found. “Mike,” he started. “I appreciated your-r c-comedy up until this point, bu-ut if you make anoth-ther fucking comment lik-ke that, I’m going to li-light a cigarette just so I can put i-it out on your Adams apple.”

Mike beamed. Clovis had, completely unknowingly, served up another checkmark for his weird little bucket list he had formed.

"You'll have to catch me, first!" He grinned ear to ear, as he --- for perhaps the one and only time in his life --- felt confident in his ability to actually get away. He squatted, blew a raspberry, and launched himself backward.

He was too greedy, and his feet kicked off altogether too hard. He began to helplessly tumble ass-over-teakettle, cackling all the while, before falling hard onto his belly several yards away.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"You'll have to catch me, first!" He grinned ear to ear, as he --- for perhaps the one and only time in his life --- felt confident in his ability to actually get away. He squatted, blew a raspberry, and launched himself backward.

He was too greedy, and his feet kicked off altogether too hard. He began to helplessly tumble ass-over-teakettle, cackling all the while, before falling hard onto his belly several yards away.
Clovis exhaled slowly, allowing the anger to flow out of him.

He wasn’t going to engage. He couldn’t. The thought of trying to play tag up here was absolutely dizzying, and his head already felt completely fogged.

“Right,” he said. “I’ll be ri-ight over once I-I work-k on this little méchant ami of m-mine.”
With that, he slowly laid down on his back, arms stretched out to his sides as if he were a starfish. Yes, that was helping much more than sitting up. He already felt his stomach and chest settling.

“Fuck me,” he muttered bitterly to himself.

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
“Fuck me,” he muttered bitterly to himself.
"No thanks," Mike quipped, mimicking Clovis's pose as he slowly sailed several feet overhead.

Physics proved a cruel mistress, and Mike landed very hard from that one. He rolled over a shoulder and his neck popped as his head turned at a funny angle. He wound up in a sitting position some distance away, slowly rolling his neck and shoulders to make sure everything was still in working order. He was a little sore, but it didn't seem like anything had been broken.

[[I almost can't resist fuckin' around lmao. I'm gonna stop cluttering the thread with RP now, I swear.]]

Top Bottom