• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Rocky Road ~ House of Dill, Saltriv, Shiron, and Vix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
"Wow, that's... c-cool," Dill said, his voice cracking a bit. His tail flicked ever more as his focus on the fluttering leaves outside grew ever tighter.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"What's wrong?" Saltriv asked, as they glanced at Dill's flicking tail, and heard the cracking in his voice.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh."

They laid a vine on Dill, in an attempt to comfort them.

"Well...maybe you can visit them! I'm visiting my friend from back home despite him being a world away, so maybe you can visit who you're missing!" Saltriv said.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," Saltriv said, a soothing quality to their voice.

Did something happen to Dill's friend or family?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv's eyes widened, and their vine wrapped around Dill. "W-what do you mean?" they asked, the soothing quality replaced by worry.

Dill couldn't be dead...right?

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
"I don't know, it's... I can't explain. One moment I was on the ground, tryna talk to my friend and going into the light, the next... well. I don't know..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv pondered that for a moment, then said, "Maybe...you were brought here just before you would have died, saving you?" they suggested.

"Whatever happened, though...I'm here for you."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I...can sympathize sorta. My family thought I might have been dead or a shadow Pokemon when I went missing for three months back in my world," Saltriv said, the soothing quality returning. "I...know it's not the sane as your situation, but still. But on the bright side, think of how happy everyone will be to see you again!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yep. About three and a half months before I wound up here, I disappeared on the way home from school. I wasn't found until three months later, in the middle of a mystery dungeon next to an Oshawott. I didn't have any memory of the three month I was missing, and the Oshawott barely had any memory at all," Saltriv told, their tail beginning to quiver again as they retold the tale. They didn't need to mention the platform, the human, and the hand. "Luckily, my best friend found me not long after, and he was really happy to see me again. And once we got out of there, my family was overjoyed to see me again, too."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...not yet," they said, comforted by Dill's touch. "I was going to ask Gen to tell the others once I visit him."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"The Oshawott I woke up next to in the mystery dungeon," Saltriv said. "He's part of me and my best friend's team now."

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
"Ahh," Dill said, his tail flicking again. "You got to make a team, huh? Heh, we were gonna get around to it, Rye and I, but... you know. Spectrum's nice, but I wish we coulda seen ours through... damn, if I'd just waited another day to go in..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Well, maybe you can make one with Rye once you get back!" Saltriv suggested, their leaf shifting to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom