• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Tanuki claims to have blocked Equita last night. If that's the case, that would make Equita the killer, and he's the closest we have to a townlock right now.
I agree 100%, and had thought he blocked Equital on 0 and Espy on 1. I could believe that Espy is possibly scum seeing as her role thus far has been doing nothing, but not Equital. (Don’t mistake this as an accusation at Espy, she’s just not town locked like Equital)

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Tanuki claims to have blocked Equita last night. If that's the case, that would make Equita the killer, and he's the closest we have to a townlock right now.
I really don’t buy that Equitia’s the killer because he perfectly guessed both of my actions before I claimed. If he’s killer, he would’ve had to have known about my actions, which would make both of us mafia.

Right now, Equitia’s the most certain towny in my mind (barring myself, since well.)

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I don’t like the no vote idea. There was no reason for a town roleblocker to act N0. That inherently makes DW’s claim the less suspect one for me, and I sincerely doubt there are two town roleblocker.
It’s not about if you like it, it’s about how to kill as few townies as possible. Are you avoiding this because it requires you to actually use your role instead of us taking your word for it?

We don’t have a confirmed Seraph Knight (as far as I know) and a mafia member would obviously know how many members there are.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I really don’t buy that Equitia’s the killer because he perfectly guessed both of my actions before I claimed. If he’s killer, he would’ve had to have known about my actions, which would make both of us mafia.

Right now, Equitia’s the most certain towny in my mind (barring myself, since well.)
I would believe that maybe an unclaimed bus driver switched Equitia with killer, though. He gets "no result" both from there being no action and being roleblocked, so it's possible.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I’m in full agreement that N0 block was a bad idea. I didn’t think it through enough because I’m new to the role... and honestly I was just excited to get to use one night 0 since my role last game made me wait until someone died. I know now that the move was premature, but I swear, it happens to guys all the time.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Persephone:

Claiming oracle. I can ask a yes/no question about the game’s setup every night. N0: Is there a seraph knight? A: Yes. N1: Are there more than two mafia? A:Yes

The former role interested me as I’d never seen it before and I figured we wouldn’t have both a seraph and a healer. Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to ask so I just went with that. Night Two there weren’t any public claims to test yet, which is where I’m going to be most useful, so I asked an unresolved question that had been floated Day 1.

How convenient that the questions you asked are 1) one Espy just confirmed and 2) something no townie can refute. I swear to god is anyone believing the seraph claim? Espeon just claimed it, what a coincidence haha and what is that reasoning just ask how many healers we have!!!!

Not exactly willing to claim rn since it would make my role much less effective.

And please, Persephone, please tell me why us knowing we have an oracle makes your role less effective now. You just said you'd be happy for outside advice now.

DawningWinds

If whichever if me and Tanuki dies today flips innocent, I think you should ask if there's a Mafia Roleblocker. I don't think there's a much chance we're both innocent, but if Tanuki is onto something, I want it known. And if there is, confirmed scum right there.

DawningWinds is advocating no lynch. DawningWinds is advocating no lynch. DawningWinds is advocating no lynch.

I would believe that maybe an unclaimed bus driver switched Equitia with killer, though. He gets "no result" both from there being no action and being roleblocked, so it's possible.

Hey, hypothetical busdriver, please claim!

Tanuki

We all need to abstain from voting. Equitia target Perse to see if their ability activates to verify they actually have an active role, Perse ask if there are two towny roleblockers.

If we abstain from voting, I will be unable to target anyone because I will be too busy fucking screaming to do anything. If we abstain from voting, I want to leave this game. Hey yeah, MISTERS MAFIAS, IF WE GO NO VOTE PLEASE JUST KILL ME ALRIGHT THANK YOU

Tanuki please I'm begging to god please do not believe them, vote. Have you considered you were right the first time:

My two biggest scum reads right now are Perse and Dawning Winds. Perse pretty much for the same reasons as everyone else. DW, I just don’t buy that you’ve been in so many more mafia games than all of us and “aren’t that” experienced. I find downplaying how much more you’ve played than us.

What happened to all your suspicions? Come on, you had to think they were scum for some reason. Please, just pretend for a moment that they are guilty. Can't you see them trying this ploy? They've just cleared themselves in a gambit please please please reconsider.

My vote is DawningWinds DawningWinds DawningWinds DawningWinds DawningWinds DawningWinds

Waffle

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
After reading all this I'm kinda leaning dawningwinds now, so
unvote Tanuki
vote DawningWinds

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Unvote

I'm planning on lynching someone by the EoD but I need time to think, and on the off chance that I have to step away I don't want to contribute to a Tanuki lynch.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
DawningWinds is advocating no lynch. DawningWinds is advocating no lynch. DawningWinds is advocating no lynch.
I'm saying I can see the benefits of it in this particular, one case. I can also see the benefits of lynching one of us and having Persephone ask about roleblockers if said person flips innocent.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Equitia’s got a pretty good point, actually. I voted DW before this even happened, and I had a lot of suspicions I listed. We can’t novote into oblivion either. We have to go off something, and right now my best lead is still a tie between Persephone and Dawning.
Please advise. If I'm going to claim, should Fusion and Waffle claim, too? We're the only ones still unclaimed.
Honestly, we already have so many high profile claims out there, I really doubt a claim’ll put a target on your back.

Unless you’re also a roleblocker, because then the game would implode on itself.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Wait, aren’t we basically all in agreement Perse is scum? Why don’t we just vote her and defer this argument until tomorrow? Like, honestly, does anyone read her as town?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
@Equitia since you're the closest to a townlock we have I want to defer to your judgement. I feel like roleclaiming might be ideal at this point but I'm uncertain. Should I? And should Fusion and Waffle claim as well?

Fam, I am fucking losing my mind, but maybe? If you claim, then Fusion and Waffle definitely should. I'm leaning yes. Probably???

I am screaming

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Wait, aren’t we basically all in agreement Perse is scum? Why don’t we just vote her and defer this argument until tomorrow? Like, honestly, does anyone read her as town?
Because then we don't have the option of her possibly figuring out the roleblocker thing, mainly. Her questions are oddly convenient, though, and her seeming unwillingness to go through with asking about roleblockers is a bit odd.

Top Bottom