• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.
R14 – Spectrum Gals vs Zekrom
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    There was something different in the air... an electric feeling that was more than just Brisa's usual presence in the arena. No, this time it seemed to be Zekrom--standing with her broad smile and muscles flexing, perhaps to intimidate, or perhaps just to show off what it meant to be a Pokemon of ideals.

"I do wish you the best of luck," Zekrom said to the three before her. "I may not look it... but I'm considered to be one just below Arceus. Don't think I'll be holding back against Cibus' new heroes!"

Already, her engine-tail was whirring with blue electricity. Incineroar was calling for the battle to begin soon...

"Mhmhm... Brisa, Astrid, Starr... Show me your best! And I'll show you my ideals!"

Zekrom's Ideals permeate the arena!
    Zekrom became immune to stat debuffs!

R14 ~ Rad Science
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The crowd wasn't quite as large as it usually was this time. No Legend was taking on a battle in the Colosseum, and it wasn't a full-scale matchup. Despite this, Team Spectrum had been giving the Colosseum some of its best matches in a while, so they more than happily arranged for them to take up another arena slot. This time, it was Astrid against Chip... and this time, he'd asked that a small set of items be brought as equipment, a rare ask for recent Team Spectrum bouts.

Chip came in with a small bag of strange items. There were many tiny metal beads as well as two large metal spheres that looked suspiciously like Poke Balls... But they did not appear to function like them. Or at least, that's what Chip said to Astrid with a worrying glint in his eyes.

After Incineroar's usual announcements, Chip entered the arena excitedly, his head twitching in anticipation.

R14 ~ Sunny Disposition
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The next day, the crowd buzzed with a curious, almost befuddled murmur as a sweet Blissey stood on one side of the arena. Nervously, she waved at the crowd, laughing a little at all the attention, while glancing ahead.

All things considered, it was a bit of a surprise that she'd been approached about a fight here. She didn't really consider herself much of a fighter. But after an analysis from some experts at the Colosseum, they gave her the go-ahead to fight. She really couldn't figure out why!

But the atmosphere of the arena left her feeling charged. Opposite to her were Vix, Cynthian, and Icetales.

"Well!" she said. "I didn't really expect this! But... we're fighting, aren't we? Umm... I'm not the best fighter... but maybe, with some good luck... I'll be able to make a good show!" She pumped a tiny fist in the air. "Let's do this!"

There was an odd glow around her. It felt like there were countless eyes staring at Sunny's opponents. All the while, the Blissey smiled and hopped clumsily from foot to foot.

Sunny's Disposition is active! A mysterious force surrounds her!

Sunny: 50,000

R14 ~ Darkness, Light, and Life
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    Two Pokemon, completely mundane in appearance, stood on opposite ends of the arena, staring each other down with the exact same expression. A blank, analytical indifference, both feigned, both truly very interested, curious for differing reasons.

The crowd, unlike its usual cheers and hype, was instead abuzz with murmuring speculation. An unscheduled, spontaneous fight between Maple and Rot--or, as he was known to his team, Diyem. And known to the world, Dark Matter...

According to the rumors, this battle had been arranged hastily and was sanctioned by Pop himself. While he did not necessarily hold ultimate authority over procedural matters, he'd pulled a few strings to make this happen, as it was apparently something 'worth doing sooner rather than later,' whatever that meant.

"It looks like both combatants are ready!" Incineroar said after a long silence from him, listening in on his earpiece. The mic was hot and he was apparently frazzled enough to not notice it, because he murmured back to the earpiece, "Hide? Me? I'm sure I can handle their clash... O-oh, I mean, folks! Folks, we have an exciting match for you all today! Fighters! Are you ready?"

Diyem and Maple continued to stare.

"Er... fighters? Are you ready?"

Silence. They were studying each other. Then, Maple spared Incineroar a glance. "We are."

Diyem didn't move.

"A-alright. Then if that's the case, let the battle... begin!"

Neither moved swiftly. Maple seemed cautious, like she was waiting for the first move. And then Diyem made it, stepping forward. Maple drew her blade from her wrist, crouching in preparation to dart in any direction she had to. But Diyem was only walking, and that had her feeling off her guard. She waited as he came closer and closer.

They were roughly fifteen feet apart, now. The Smeargle stared up at the Charizard, and Diyem then began to walk in a slow circle. Maple did the same, encircling an invisible point between them.

"I accepted your proposal because even Pop suggested it would be useful," Maple said, "but I still do not see the point in this battle. Is it for show? To demonstrate that we can battle together, and still be allies?"

"No." Diyem continued his circle.

"Then what?" Maple asked.

Diyem and Maple called one another...

Maple stopped. A step later, so did Diyem.

"I'm not in the mood to play games, Darkness."

Diyem smirked. With a shrug, he broke the circle and walked toward Maple again, conjuring his warhammer. At this, Maple didn't wait, and she lunged forward and jammed her blade at Diyem.

Maple used Blinding Blade against Diyem, dealing 672 damage!

Diyem blocked the blade, now staring directly at Maple. He parried her away and then slammed his hammer on the ground, the top of the weapon firmly on soil. He rested his wrists on either side as the handle shrank to accommodate.

Maple, only a step away, frowned. "What are you doing."

"...Hm." Diyem removed one hand and grabbed the hammer with the other. He moved it to his right and then forward, and then held his free hand out.

"Give me your blade."

R15 ~ Astrid v Sunny
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    "I didn't expect to be summoned here again!" Sunny said with a nervous laugh. "Am... am I really that popular of an opponent, to fight here again?"

She looked ahead to see Astrid already prepared to fight, and Incineroar making his usual announcements. "I don't really remember what happened the last time, but maybe... ohh, who knows!" She laughed, then hopped again from foot to foot.

"This time, Sunny's going to bring her A-Game!"

Sunny's Disposition is active! A mysterious force surrounds her!

Sunny: 50,000

R15 ~ Brisa v Chip
  • unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
    Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    Colosseum duels were a regular fixture in Brisa's life by now, and a week never went by without at least a couple of really solid fights, but it wasn't often that she fought with items, nor against an opponent with a reputation quite like Chip's. Brisa knew the fella had beaten Astrid by a hair by using a horde of mechanisms, or some such contrivance. Well, she could try to match that with some peculiar skillset practiced in the training grounds, or she could go in with a more ordinary prepared moveset and see how she fared. She liked the sound of that second option better, and as such, here she was.

Facing down among the strangest fellas she'd ever had the pleasure of meeting.

"Howdy, Chip!" she called. "Y'got new contraptions in yer bag of tricks fer me t'day?"

R15 ~ Bristarr vs Team Spice
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    Incineroar was in good spirits. Despite the fragmented moon looming over their heads in a special evening match, approaching but not quite passing the bedtime of Surf and Turf. This was important--as while on one side was Starr and Brisa, the other had Thyme and Pepper, the pair looking energized and peppy. In particular, Pepper, Brisa's old foe from months ago, looked significantly stronger and more confident, radiating an aura of power when standing next to her lifetime partner.

"Think you're ready?" Thyme asked, just as Incineroar announced the match's revving up.

"You're not gonna beat me so easy this time, Brisa!" Pepper shouted, slamming her tail on the ground. "Let's get started! This is our power!"

Thyme's Ingenuity is active! Field effects are permanent, and he never suffers negative effects of his own moves!
    Pepper's Tenacity is active! She can never take more than 40% of her max HP per turn, and she heals for 10% per turn!

Thyme: 6000
    Pepper: 7000

R15 ~ Astrid v Puff
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    "You know," Puff said, "This is a bit of an unorthodox way to conduct a proper interview... But I guess, with the way Team Spectrum is..."

Incineroar was already announcing it for all of Cibus to hear, as Astrid and Puff seemed ready to duke it out. Though, at this point, after what they had seen Astrid do, they weren't sure if Puff would be able to last against her... Could he have a trick?

"All right, Astrid!" the Cinderace said, hopping from foot to foot. "Let's get this started. Investigation start!"

Puff used Divine Investigation! His Accuracy went up by 2 and he gained the Cunning status! On the first full hit he takes in a turn, Puff can reduce the damage taken by half!

Puff:
    HP: 3000

R15 ~ Thundersnow vs Potluck
  • unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    Brisa rolled her shoulders and strolled onto the field with a smile on her face. She'd wanted to team up with Astrid in the Colo like this for months, and it had been long enough since she fought a Squaddie. She had no idea whose ass was about to get kicked, but she was sure it'd be a good fight.

"You ready?" she asked Astrid, grinning stupidly, fighting the urge to use a pet name like an idiot. She could feel Luz smirking from the stands.

R15 ~ The Gals vs Reshiram
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The crowd seemed to be, somehow, muted as they stared at the great, white dragon on the northern end of the battlefield. Reshiram stared the trio down, the trio that had defeated his sister. Of course, that was to be expected; the way they fought was up to her standards. He wondered, then, if the same could be said for his own. It was possible... But it may also be too much for them.

Incineroar did his usual ceremonies. Reshiram nodded respectfully, but his blue eyes were already trained on his opponents. "I trust you are ready," Reshiram said. "I wish you the best of luck, Team Spectrum. But while I am an inventor have have spent most of my time indoors as of late, do not think that means I am weaker. I will show you the power of the world's Truth."

Embers danced around his body as a silver light surrounded him. This Legend wasn't going to hold back! Owen watched from the stands, hoping the information he had provided would be enough...

Reshiram's Truth activated! He completely ignores Defense buffs and evasion!

Reshiram: 30,000

R16 ~ Rematch vs Team Colada
  • unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    Brisa's tail swished anxiously. Pine and Nanab were some of the most formidable foes they'd ever faced, and while she and Starr had come a long way since their last match with them, this would surely be a tremendous test of their abilities nonetheless. But she looked to Starr, and the anxiety melted away. Win or lose, they'd do their best, and make each othe proud.

"Howdy, you two," called Brisa. "Got any new tricks in store fer us? 'Cause we sure do!"

Hopefully, those tricks would be enough.

R16 ~ Brisa vs Meringue
  • unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    Stormkeeper Meringue, aspirant lugia. For all that he'd spent much of the last few months in a state of nervous anticipation of scrutiny from his master, the fella sure packed a punch. He'd beaten a member of the team already, and he'd only gotten stronger since. Ah, but so had Brisa.

"Howdy, Meringue!" she called. "Yer teacher must reckon you're in need of a proper drubbin' to send you up against me, partner!"

She grinned. She didn't trash-talk much, so the crowd fucking loved it when she did.

R16 ~ Giratina, Reverse Creation
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    There was something off about the atmosphere in the Colosseum.

The stands were packed, a little more than usual. There was a segment of the audience that was marked off with railings, and the Pokemon inside had a strange aura about them. Like they radiated an ominous, black mist that was just barely visible. They ate strange food and the fully evolved ones were excitable and jabbering, while the unevolved ones--which were significantly more numerous--were lecturing these large Pokemon, who quickly quieted down. There was a Typhlosion pouring water over his fiery back, which caused steam to rise and an even greater inferno to form, and he breathed out in a satisfied way. Right next to him, a Treecko that was literally on fire--from the Typhlosion, probably--watched the arena dreamily, like nothing was wrong.

They also seemed to be eating poisoned food.

"I hope you don't mind if I brought some of my fan club here," Giratina said as Incineroar called to the opposite side. "I know how strong you are, so I'm not gonna hold back at all! This isn't gonna be easy! I'm the third of the Creation Dragons! And don't think I'm as weak as I was when the Blacklight had me. I was going easy on you!"

"Are we ready?" Incineroar called to the audience. "Because we have an incredible match for you today, between Team Spectrum and Giratina herself! Are we excited?!"

"NOOOO!" the Reverse crowd roared excitedly.

Incineroar held back a titter and kept to his usual, professional demeanor. "Then if that's the case... Begin!"

Giratina's Distortion activated!
    Giratina can freely switch between Reversed and Normal properties!
    Giratina gains a defense bonus when Normal! Giratina gains an evasive bonus when Reversed!
    Giratina is currently Normal!

Giratina: 30,000

R16 ~ Boss ~ A Miraculous Fight
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The stands were packed and overflowing; no expense was left untouched for all the cameras and crew made to watch every aspect of the fight. Equipment upgraded, technology cutting edge, and Incineroar himself looked like he had half a mind to jump into the fight.

"We have a very, very special, once-in-an-age fight for us today, folks. Saviors from an entire world, who hail from an entirely different Cibus, have come here to train and challenge our own saviors. A story right out of science fiction, playing out before us today!"

On the eastern side of the arena, the Miracle Matters stepped in at the same time as Team Spectrum on the west. The two Dark Matters were at the edge of the arena, glaring at each other. This was going to be a war by proxy, their fiery stares cutting across the whole field.

"Get ready for a thrilling battle, folks, overseen by our very own Pop!"

At the very top of the Colosseum stands, behind everyone else, was Arceus, watching with an observant glint in his eyes. He seemed pleased, masking his excitement the same way the other Legends were.

--

Owen--the normal sized one, of the Miracle Matters--entered the arena, first in the front, before settling in the back. "Good luck," Owen said with a little glint in his eyes. "You're gonna need it against us! We're gonna pull off one last miracle!"

"Wow," Owen of Team Spectrum said. "He really knows how to wow the crowd!"

At least those two got along.

--

Sticking close to her lopunny consort, the bisharp queen emerged, eyes pressed closed and her hands placed in front of her thighs.

“Konichiwa, my friends,” she bowed gracefully, her body polished to a beautiful shine. “Although I have since given up fighting back home, I suppose I can draw my blade for the crowd’s entertainment!”

She unbuckled her cape and let it fall, hand on the hilt of her wakizashi.

Although short for her kind, the bisharp queen stood as large as she could, a look of pride on her face.

--

Nero trotted in, glancing around at the colosseum crowd. It was a bit... odd for him to be battling for an actual crowd. Wait, had he done that on the other Cibus? Gah, so confusing.

"I wouldn't underestimate these guys. I mean, they stopped the moon from colliding with the planet." Nero's cheek bolts whirred slowly.

He pointed a talon at Bahamut. "By the way, he's their healer. Get him out first."

Across the arena, Bahamut snarled. "You snuck in on me training?"

"Maaaaaaybe."

--

It wasn’t like last time, with Pop smiling down and a cast of random colors and shapes across from them. These people had synergy. Design. And worse, this was their home turf.

The noise made that clear enough, even if many of the cheers were for the sheer hype of the battle about to start. But down here, everything felt so far away, oddly quiet and calm. They’d read one another in these precious few seconds and then create chaos together.

Eyes closed, Sage nodded a small nod. “When the fate of the world is on the line, losing isn’t an option. Making it this far is a testament that you were greater than the challenges before you. Now…”

His vines brimmed with a horrible energy, sparked by long dormant fervor. He’d waited so long to feel like this again.

“Demonstrate!”

--

A shadowy pool formed behind the rest of the Miracle Matters, and a crimson claw jutted out from it. Then another, with a giant foam finger. Then, a big, red bush. With a hat saying "U R #1" and two soda cans attached to the sides.

To no one's surprise, it was Kora. Stickers of the Miracle Matters and crude drawings of Team Spectrum adorned his body, and he even wore a shirt. Backwards. All it said was "Bad Mon."

"Go team~!" Kora cheered, hopping onto a bench and waving his foam finger. "Hit 'em really hard!"

It was hard to tell who he was cheering for...

R17 ~ Team Gyro
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    There were remnants of the previous battle still on the walls, but at least the ground had been leveled out once again. Incineroar was set at the far end of the arena, calling the fighters to come in.

"Rounding off their gauntlet against the Omen Heroes, Team Spectrum's dynamic duo has now challenged Team Gyro of the Water Continent to a battle!"

The roars and cheers drowned out whatever Nutmeg and Pita were saying to one another, though it sounded like they were doing some last-minute strategizing. Nutmeg nodded idly, glancing to her right, where Mew was cheering and probably saying a few things she shouldn't from the stands.

"Saved best for last, I bet," Nutmeg said. The Charizard spread her wings, radiating heat from her very presence. Despite the fact that Owen was so much larger, there was something imposing about her in particular...

"You'll remember us the most," Pita stated flatly. "Hope you're ready. Unlike the rest of the Heroes, we're still in top shape!"

And then they started to move the moment the round was called. Nutmeg spread her wings and darted forward; Pita went to the side, and both of them curved toward Brisa and Starr for a pincer attack. They shared mere glances with one another, and that was all they needed to coordinate.

Pine and Nanam were strong in raw strength. But these two... This was different. The experience they radiated was like no other team. There was no rust on their blade. And, therefore, perhaps no faults to exploit.

Pita and Nutmeg are ready to fight!
    Nutmeg's Resolution is active! She gained Blaze of Glory, and will gain 1 Speed per turn!
    Pita's Measure is active! He gained Resolve 50%, and will gain 1 Defense and Resistance per turn!

Nutmeg: 8,000
    Pita: 8,000

R17 - Team Colada Fights A Tree
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The crowd was large like usual, though not overfilled. This was a strange match, apparently, and it wasn't any of the crowd favorites--Owen rarely attended battles at the Colosseum thanks to his stage fright. But Brisa's encouragements had led him to giving it a shot.

And so, the giant Charizard, after what might have been weeks of research and planning, entered the arena with Cal by his side. Opposite of him was Pine and Nanab.

"Here again, huh. And this time just you."

"Just me?" Owen repeated, frowning.

Pine shrugged.

"Hey, I'm here, too, y'know!" Cal pointed. "I'm fighting side by side with Owen! No projecting power from me!"

"Okay." Pine nodded. "I guess that means it's a fair two on two."

"Um, good luck!" Nanab added.

"It looks like the combatants are ready!" Incineroar said. "If that's the case... then let the battle begin!"

Nanab's Paradise activated!
    Nanab gained the Paradise terrain, which relaxes everyone who interacts with her! Defense, Resistance, and Accuracy gains 100 in debuffs per turn under its effect!

Pine's Grapple activated!
    Damage dealt and received is cut in half until he's hurt enough!

Owen: 876

Nanab: 6000
    Pine: 5000

Owen just had to keep it together. He had his friends to remind him of that during important fights... He knew to stay serious then. But in the Colosseum, it was hard to stay sane. The excitement would seize him. He wouldn't think straight. He couldn't let that happen again.

Cal gave Owen a firm nod, even if his eyes were closed, and she spread her wings, running forward to meet Pine and Nanab head-on. Thanks, Cal, Owen thought. I need time to build up my strength. I need to stay calm, even against impossible odds.

He held a breath. Cal shouted something and slammed into Pine first, most of her body losing its shape easily. Nanab blasted her to the side with a Leaf Storm, but she didn't let that stop her for long.

Guide me, he said to nobody in particular. In a Radiant vapor, the Charizard's body dissolved. A luminous, prismatic tree the same color as his front scales took his place, and a wispy Charizard drifted around it, tending to the bare branches with careful, deliberate motions. Some of the branches grew leaves and sprouted two spherical fruits that glimmered with power.

Pine and Nanab skidded to a stop, eyes wide. "Whoa," Pine said. "Did we win?"

"No! That's his main attack!" Nanab shouted, firing a Leaf Storm at the tree when it was vulnerable.

"Uh? Oh. I mean, I guess so." Pine didn't seem to be taking it seriously, but he shoved past Cal--who was hanging onto his tail fruitlessly--and slammed his fists into the tree. It clanged against a barrier

Owen used Brilliant Aether, transferring all but 1 HP to the Tree! Owen gained +2 Defense!
    Owen used Umbral Storage Overheat!
    Owen used Protect+5, but his Tirelessness allowed him to press on!

R17 ~ Brisa v Brulée
  • unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    It was only natural that having defeated one brother, Brisa should challenge the other. So here she was, eyeing an aspirant Ho-oh, her tail thrashing as she considered best practice for taking him out in one fell swoop. That was, after all, the advice Owen had given her. She intended to take it.

"Howdy," she called. "Good day fer it."

She grinned at the crowds, and the thought of whether they'd miss her after she was gone crossed her mind like the first stab of a coming migraine.

R17 ~ Astrid vs Chip II
  • TheGOAT

🗿
    Pronouns
    Him/his
    Partners
    1. serperior
    2. alolatales-goat
    “Hey Chip!” Astrid called across the field, “You think you’re so cool with your ‘science’, but guess what… I’m teaching history today!”

One of her better openers, she decided, except for the part where the history books would reveal she’d lost their last match. Hardly mattered now. She’d thrown that damn trident—one of Chip’s inventions, funny enough—at the wrong target. That strategy was boring anyway. She had a new one in mind that utilized a more dangerous projectile: herself.

She got in a stance and prepared to dodge and weave. “What’ve you got?”

R17: Back To The Future [Two Gals, One Prince]
  • Cresselia92

Gym Leader
    Pronouns
    She/Her/Hers
    Partners
    1. ho-oh
    2. sneasel-nyula
    3. rayquaza-cress
    4. celebi-shiny
    Ah. The familiar rush of adrenaline flowed through Icetales’ entire body as he walked through the corridor and into the battlefield. On the opposite side of the arena stood Cepa and Balm, waiting for the trio.

Icetales wasn’t one to leave untied knots, and luckily for him the two Timekeepers had so graciously consented to the rematch. That was an opportunity he wouldn’t let slip away!

However, it wasn’t quite like last time — Cynthian wasn’t by his side, as she couldn’t attend to the match. Starr took her place, instead, which was actually an arrangement they had prepared in case Brisa couldn’t attend to the rematch.

Huh. Funny how things turned out at the end.

The Ninetales peered longingly at the crowd, wondering if the Roserade was cheering for them from the audience. Worse comes to worse, she would have watched the replay when she had the time.

I shall give it all for thee, too…

A deep breath in, a swift shake of his body, and a pulse of darkness. Focused and ready — the perfect mood for a duel.

“Onward, my friends! Let us show them what we’ve got!” he exclaimed with determination, grinning at his comrades and his tails wagging.

A quick greeting at the opponents, and Incineroar gave the signal. The battle was on!

Brisa and Starr were in perfect sync just as usual, and got themselves fired up to punch some holes into the opposition’s defenses.

Good, that was a good start.

But Icetales wasn’t going to let them do all the work, of course! He properly got himself psyched up enough to match their speed and slippery maneuvers, and pulled off one of his best skills: cheering for his friends and getting them even more pumped for the fight.

“Starr! Keep watch of their attacks! Dost not let them disrupt thy tempo,” he yelled, crouching down and getting ready to rush in to intercept incoming assaults with his own body, if he had to.

This time, things would have gone differently! He felt that!

Icetales’s Stance changed! He’s Guarding Starr!

• Icetales called out for Starr! Her Evasion rose!
    • Icetales used Psych Up! He synched with Starr’s Speed!
    • Icetales used Psych Up! He synched with Starr’s Evasion!

❄️ Stats: +6 Speed; +6 Evasion
    ❄️ Stamina: -96
    ❄️ Blacklight: N/A

R17: Nihil
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    Another day, another match. This one was apparently an important one for many, and not just Team Spectrum. Reshiram and Zekrom had taken time out of their schedules just to attend the fight and to watch how it would go--the first true battle Kyurem would have had since her fight against Team Colada so long ago.

But as the gals headed into the Colosseum for their next big fight, there was a dark flame in the passageway that divided them between the fight and the halls.

Diyem.

After some of the usual pleasantries that he often shrugged off, their leader got to the point: "Be careful. There is something... different about her. I'd suggest battling cautiously until you know what she is capable of. Don't waste your energy... Treat it like traveling through a snowstorm."

He walked past them so he didn't keep them from the match.

"I'll be watching in case something unexpected happens."

He didn't elaborate as he left, and the crowd's buzzing excitement beckoning them.

The crowd had a lot of large bodies this time. More than usual. Reshiram was in the stands, reading a book that seemed unrelated to fighting until the battle began proper. Zekrom was sitting next to him, charged with the energy of the crowd. Diyem, as promised, walked through the crowd to sit next to Eien. On Diyem's other side was Owen, who had a more serious look on his face than usual. Diyem closed his eyes, looking down, and said something. Owen, not looking, murmured something back; he must have read his lips, but his eyes were focused on Kyurem.

The moment Starr and Brisa walked into the field, their breaths clouded the air in front of them, particularly Starr. The whole arena was already a frigid temperature, just from Kyurem standing there. She was munching on frozen cookies. The last of them, it seemed, held in her tiny hands as she popped them into her jaws with practiced ease. Her empty, yellow eyes gave no indication of who she was looking at, if anyone.

"And here they are, the trio of Team Spectrum!" Incineroar called, raising his arms. Fog practically radiated off of him. "Are we ready for another battle?! This time between Team Spectrum and the Empty Dragon herself! A truly rare sight to see in this arena!"

"Hello," Kyurem greeted. "So this is what the Colosseum looks like in the middle? So empty..."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom