• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
"I protected the human with...er, I think his name was Steven? I protected Steven the first two nights, and protected the Espeon last night," Burhalla said, looking over at said human and Pokemon.
Soft Town:
Chibi
HelloJackie
Starlight
(Very) Soft Sus:
Abra
Dawning
Null:
Everyone else]]
[[Why protect Pano night 1? This is your last and only readslist of D1 and he is not marked as town. You had townreads, Pano was not one of them, so why not protect one of the people you were townreading instead?]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Subsequent discussion muddied my readlist, and Pano seemed like they were helping a lot, so I protected them.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Kichiro let out an annoyed groan and facepalmed upon seeing Archie punch and tackle Steven, only for the man to promptly get forced off of him by several Pokémon.

"Gods, what did I get myself into this time?"

He sighed loudly, before flitting up and clearing his throat to get everyone's attention.

"Look, if someone really did kill that Intereon, we should start by working together and find out who did," the Ledian said. "Instead of… that."

Kichiro pointed off at Archie and irkedly shook his head.

"I don't know about the lot of you, but I certainly don't feel like sitting around and waiting to get picked off whenever the lights go out," he insisted. "So let's start doing something about it. To begin with, has anyone seen or heard anything suspicious last night besides those strange messages?"
[[Kichiro probes for whether anyone's heard anything suspicious besides the messages.]]

[[ Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards abstaining a vote as well today. I'm just not really sure who to vote for. I don't have any thoughts on the whole message thing given that it doesn't tell us a whole lot at this point in time, so I don't know what else we can do. ]]
[[Virgil suggests abstaining and that the messages don't say much.]]

[[ Question, but how come most of you think it's bad for town not to vote on D1? I understand that doing nothing and letting the mafia pick people off is bad, but wouldn't mislynching someone be even worse? I don't think we have any solid leads at the moment, so we'd essentially be lynching someone at random. There's 14 players left, so even if we assume there's 4 mafia and 1 third party, that means there are currently 9 players that are town. In other words, if we lynch someone at random there's roughly a 64% chance we mislynch someone.

Don't get me wrong, I think voting for inactives is a good strategy when there's not a lot of information, but I just wonder if it makes sense to already do that on D1. ]]
[[Virgil argues for abstaining D1 because mislynching is bad.]]

Kichiro peered over towards Jet. For a brief moment he thought he saw someone he recognized, only to realize this was a different Floatzel entirely. The Ledian's gaze lingered a moment, before he let out a disappointed sigh and leaned back in his seat.

[[ Oh, so it’s more about the process of voting than the actual result? That makes sense then. And yeah, I can understand why some of you are hesitant to abstain voting if that happened last game 😅

I just keep thinking back to the Grand Opening Mafia where we also abstained voting on the first day, and things turned out quite well that game.

Hm! Interesting arguments. Still can't help but feel a bit hesitant about lynching someone at random though. What if we for example accidently lynch the cop or the doctor? ]]
[[Virgil responds to Chibi, who argued that if everyone just agrees to abstain immediately we don't get any info. Doesn't seem super enthused about the argument for trying to get more info, per se, just "ah yes I get why you're hesitant but things turned out great this other time we abstained".

I'm generally disinclined to read alignment from people's opinions on abstaining, but I do find it interesting Virgil's avoiding the topic of generating discussion and info.]]

[[ I mean we don’t have a whole lot to go on right now, so lynching someone now really does feel like we’re choosing someone at random.]]
[[Virgil argues with DW, still considering any lynch random. This is his last post on D1, so he never actually voted to abstain. Maybe significant, maybe he just wasn't around?]]

Kichiro sat down on the tall seat he created the prior day and looked around the rest of the gathering. As he did, the first thing that he noticed was that the Nosepass of the group was no longer there.

The Ledian tilted his head in surprise. Apparently the Nosepass had been neither with the town or with the mafia (gods who came up with these names)? What did that even mean? Was that Nosepass maybe planning to eventually pick everyone off and be the last one standing or something? Karo hadn't exactly seemed like a serial killer or the like, but he supposed that most serial killers wouldn't look like obvious serial killers anyway.

"Hmph, good riddance then," Kichiro muttered.

[[ Morning everyone. Looks like plenty of happened since D2 begun. Will be writing up a post summarizing my thoughts on everything that happened later today. ]]
[[Speculates on Karo serial killer after beginning of D2, promises thoughts later.]]

[[ Okay, here's my thoughts on everything that's happened so far since the start of D2:

1) Let's start with Sike Saner's death. Don't have much to say here other than that it's a good thing nobody from Town died. Looking at the list of potential roles, her being a serial killer was pretty is likely. If this is true then the Mafia actually might have helped us here, since the chance of a serial killer eliminating town players is much greater than eliminating mafia players. Not sure why we only got one elimination on each night, but maybe she couldn't kill until after a certain amount of nights.

2) DW's claim to be a JOAT is an interesting one. If this is true then it would mean she's innocent. Swapping JackieYellow and Wind doesn't really seem that beneficial to the Mafia unless one of the two is Mafia, but I didn't really get that impression of either of them.

There is of course the chance the DW is lying. I'm not necessarily saying that this is true, but I at least wanna keep the option open. She claimed the role right after people concluded that there was a swap, which seemed a bit opportunistic to me. It's also a good way to obtain a "legitimate" status among the group after being suspected of being mafia the prior day.

That said, nobody else is claiming to have done the swap, so this could be wrong. On the other hand if there's a legit town Bus Driver (so not a JOAT) I can also imagine that this person doesn't wanna reveal himself. A town Bus Driver can almost be as annoying to the mafia as a doctor, so speaking up would make you a likely target. Hell, if DW is mafia this can be even all be bait for the town Bus Driver to reveal himself.

3) Alright, and now onto the messages, which I think is the most interesting. Yesterday's messages didn't really give us much, but things are different here. From a first glance, there appear to be three Mailman at the moment:

1. The person sending unimportant stuff (messaged Starlight on N0 and Pano on N1)
2. The person sending "items" (messaged Free on N0 and tried to message Wind on N1, but ended up messaging JackieYellow instead)
3. The person claiming to not have sent anything on N0, and that there might be a parrot (tried to message JackieYellow on N1, but ended up messaging Wind instead)

It does seem a bit strange to me that there are three Mailman, so I'd like to present a different theory:

The messages so far have been sent by two Mailman, a Parrot, and an Absorber.

A Parrot is able to use the role of the target against him. So if a Parrot targets a Mailman, then the Parrot is allowed to send a message to the Mailman.

An Absorber is able to absorb roles that he got targeted with and use them on subsequent nights.

At first the Parrot theory seemed unlikely to me, since the people messaged on N0 are completely different than N1. This would make it impossible for a Parrot to have messaged someone on N0 and N1. However, with an Absorber in the mix the Parrot theory actually is possible! Basically on N0 a Mailman targeted the Absorber, while the Parrot also targeted a Mailman. Then on N1, two Mailman send out a message, with the third being sent by the Absorber.

This means one of two things:

1. Free is a Mailman, while Starlight is an Absorber
2. Free is an Absorber while Starlight is a Mailman

@Dragonfree @Starlight Aurate can both of you give me your thoughts on this? ]]
[[Longpost with said thoughts. In summary:
- Proposes Karo was serial killer who couldn't kill on the first few nights
- DW claims a swap that wouldn't have been beneficial to the mafia, but also maybe she is mafia trying to gain cred, but also nobody's counterclaiming the swap, but also maybe they wouldn't counterclaim; seems to come down vaguely on the side of thinking DW is suspicious but very waffly about it
- Mailman theory, figuring that since the current information suggests three mailmen, maybe actually only two mailmen, a parrot and an absorber were involved. It's fairly elaborate but also the sort of theorycrafting that'd probably be easy to do as mafia - just hypothesizing about some mechanics - and right now it's giving me pause how convoluted it is; to explain away three mailmen, it proposes an extremely specific set of circumstances instead and uses it to cast suspicion, prodding Starlight and me. Not that a townie has never done this when they have a pet theory (I've done this) but it can definitely be read as a bit tryhard.]]

[[ True, if the message that Wind got was sent by an Absorber then the message is indeed false. The Absorber wouldn't have been able to send any messages on N0, meaning not sending a message wasn't an intentional choice. If this is true, perhaps the Absorber made that claim to justify a third message without giving away his role.

That said, I'm not entirely convinced that the message Wind got has to be from the Absorber. The message that JackieYellow and Pano got also could have been sent by the Absorber. Like I mentioned in my previous post, at first glance it seems we simply have 3 people sending messages, but that doesn't have to be that way. After all, Pano simply described her message as " It wasn't nonsense like the messages claimed on D1, but it also wasn't terribly important. Almost conversational, and quite short.". The description is a bit vague, but it doesn't sound like it's another Mr. Rodger's quote, meaning it's a bit presumptuous to say for sure that it's from the same person who messaged Starlight on N0, even if it might look that way at first glance.

That said, I think it's interesting that you claim to neither be an Absorber or a Mailman. This means one of two things:

1. We have three Mailman after all
2. You're lying about your role

I guess I'll just wait and see what Starlight has to say. For all I know I'm completely off the mark with this whole theory.

Ah, you see, I don't think this assumption is right. Looking at the wiki, it says the Parrot just uses the role of the target against him. It doesn't say anything about it being used on subsequent nights, which is a very specific condition and one that is present in the description of other roles that do have an effect on a subsequent night. Of course Negrek could have modified the role, but that seems like a very odd change that I don't think is necessary. After all, if there's enough time to let Namo and Sike know that they've been eliminated and for them to write death flavors, I don't see why there wouldn't be enough time for a Parrot to write a message. Especially when there are 48 hours and for most roles the Parrot's effect is applied automatically. ]]
[[More on the absorber theory, insinuating I'm suspect for saying I'm not a mailman or an absorber, but waiting for Starlight's input.]]

[[ @DawningWinds @Dragonfree I'll reply to you guys' posts tomorrow. Ditto for my thoughts on all the recent developments.Completing the anniversary reviewing challenge took a bit more time than expected and writing up a big mafia post when it's almost 1:30 am is probably not a good idea 😅

Good night y'all. ]]
[[Promises responses to me/DW.

After this Starlight claims. Interestingly she doesn't respond to Virgil directly, even as she responds to a lot of other people but that might just be because her claim in itself is a response to his theory?]]

[[ I'll be honest, I'm surprised to see three sussing me overnight. Apparently I'm potential mafia not making "parroting information we already know" even though I haven't done that at all? The only thing I really repeated was the part where I gave my thoughts on Sike Saner's death, and that was because I was giving my thoughts on everything that had happened so far since the start of D2, which of course includes I don't have much to say about. The theory about one of the messages being sent by an Absorber and concluding that Dragonfree or Starlight likely were one was something new, but I guess that doesn't count because it was "unhelpful". Like, I’m not familiar with other people’s playstyle, so I can’t comment on that aspect (well I can, but then I’d just get called out for “parroting” again). Not really sure what else I can do.

Kind of frustrating to see when there's other people who are actually parroting and don't get called out for it, but it’s whatever.

I'm taking a break for now to clear my head. It's a beautiful day outside and I want to think about something else for a bit. I'll be back by the end of the day to cast a vote. ]]
[[Quite defensive about being suspected by a few people.]]

[[ Hey, I'm back. Feeling a bit better now after taking a step back.

Gonna keep it brief and cast my vote:

Vote: Sinderella

Rationale? Well, let's look at what Inke said about me:

This is exactly what Sind has been doing the whole time, including in her post following Inke's where she mentioned being suspicious of me as well. Glad others are now calling her out for it as well, since that genuinely irked me this morning. Especially when I'm not even doing the stuff that Inke claims. :/

Not really sure why you're so focused on me. You say that I'm parroting and don't make any new observations, but you don't really give any examples or explain why you feel that way. I guess me bringing up the Absorber and narrowing it down to two people just doesn't count? I also think you've been suspiciously silent about Sind, who actually has been doing the stuff you claim I'm doing. If she turns out to be mafia I'm definitely keeping my eye on you on D3. ]]
[[Sinderella vote, already discussed.]]

[[ In the Grand Opening I was Town as well, yes.

Have to leave for work now, but in the evening I can write up what my reads are on everyone. ]]
[[Brief post clarifying he was town in the grand opening mafia.]]

[[ Alright, let's see here...

AbraPunk: Sus - Abra was pretty active at first, but as soon as the roles were distributed he became a lot less active and got overall pretty quiet. Strikes me as odd, since there seems to be no real reason for it. Abra hasn't contributed much, making it hard to really analyze anything. I mean, be honest, if Abra was Mafia, how would you be able to tell? Aside from the weird Mudsdale thing there's not a lot to go on.

Chibi Pika: Neutral - I see some people are currently starting to suspect Chibi, but I can't say I'm really getting scum vibes myself here. It's hard to explain, but it looks to me like Chibi's just theorizing and trying to figure out who is mafia just like in the Grand Opening mafia. Chibi was Town there, so if the playstyle is similar, I don't have a reason to suspect scum at this point in time. Chibi may have started a bandwagon on Sind, but I think that was justified since Sind did act pretty strange. I would have put Chibi as "Likely Town", but there's something that someone else did that's making me a little hesitant. I'll get to that later.

DawningWinds: Likely Town - Her role claim seems to check out, and it seems unlikely that it's something someone from the Mafia would have. I know I theorized that she might have been lying about her role claim, but I was just trying to consider all options. Yes, I understand now that after a few people, including DW herself, have responded to it that that theory is pretty out there and quite unlikely.

Dragonfree: Neutral - She seems to be playing more reserved here than in the Grand Opening Mafia, but she was actually Mafia there, so perhaps the shift in playstyle could be an indication that she has a different alignment this time. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because of that, even if part of me still wonders if she's an Absorber, especially since Starlight turned out to be a Mailman like I predicted. If that's the case... then this may be worth another look. I'll need to see more of her today to cast a better judgment and put her in the "Potentially Town" category.

Flyg0n: Neutral - She hasn't been super active, but also not as quiet and inactive as Abra. Between being sick and organizing another campaign, I think her reasons for this are pretty justified. I feel like she'd play this way even if she's Town. Doesn't preclude Tetra from Mafia of course, but I haven't seen anything "scummy" when looking at her posts. At the same time I haven't seen her do anything that makes her more likely to be Town than anyone else, so "Neutral" it is.

IFBench: Sus - Same deal as Abra honestly. Also he made that weird, unprompted soft claim during D2 that definitely raised some alarm bells for me. Given that his ability is supposedly a One Shot I genuinely wonder if he's the Strongman that eliminated Wind last night.

Inkedust: Potentially sus - Inke's been the most suspicious of me out of anyone, but also for reasons that aren't true. My Absorber theory was something new, and so was me pointing out that Starlight was likely one of the Mailman, which I did before Wind made her post. Yet Inke just ignores that and claims that I'm only parroting others. The fact that she's this hyper focused on me makes me suspicious of her, especially since she doesn't really seem to care when Bench or Abra actually do it. On the other hand, she also ignored Sind, who turned out to be Innocent, so I could be wrong about Inke.

NeoLurosa: Sus - Okay, so I've seen several people claim that these are two are likely Town, but... I just don't see it? They revealed to have gotten a message, but that's kinda it. Yeah the message helped reveal that Wind and DW are Town, but Jackie and Yellow didn't really contribute much to that. Telling the truth about the message wouldn't really have hurt the Mafia anyway, so it only makes sense that they did that. Doesn't say anything about their alignment.

At the same time, these two have been giving me scumvibes. Based off what I know from Jackie, she seems like the type who when rolled Mafia, would try to make as much of a presence as possible which... honestly tracks with what I've seen so far this game. They've been very vocal while pointing at others aggressively, yet at the same time seemingly trying to take the lead as much as possible with minimal contributions. To me it feels like a technique to try and redirect others' attention away from themselves. Not a bad one, since instead of hoping that the others won't focus their attention you, you instead actively put the focus on other players and force them to defend themselves. That way the focus stays away from you, and even if the accused player does try to strike back, it will likely look like an "No u" argument and come across as weaker. I'm not falling for it though.

Panoramic_Vacuum: Neutral - I... honestly don't have much to say about Pano. She's made solid posts I suppose, but nothing about them really stand out to me. Whether that's in a good way or a bad way. I don't have a reason to suspect her, but I don't have a reason to think she's Town either.

Starlight Aurate: Potentially sus -If there really are three Mailman, it just makes sense to me that there's at least one Mafia Mailman. It just feels very weird to me that this role is distributed two/three times to the same faction. For now I'm leaning towards the theory that Town and Mafia both have a Mailman, with the last being third party. With Sind being Town, this means Starlight is either Mafia or Third Party.

And that's my readings. Not exactly a short list and I'm sorry if that is throwing people off. No "smoke and mirrors" here, this is just how my analysis and theory posts are like. Brevity simply isn't my strong suit, I mean, have you looked at Fledglings and Casting Off? ^^;

Eh... fuck it. I'll throw my own hat into the ring.

Vote: NeoLurosa

See above for my reasoning. Though if you need more, one of your most recent posts honestly made me scratch my head a little:

First off, that 'private' reason of yours for not suspecting Chibi. Why bring it up and then be this vague about? That's frankly not helping people be less suspicious of Chibi and just makes you look more suspicious as well. If you're Town and you have a role that can proof Chibi's innocence, just say that so it can actually help us. If you're worried about getting targeted by the mafia tonight, then alright, don't say it but just give actual reasons as to why Chibi is innocent. Giving some vague reason and expecting people to just blindly take your word for it not only undercuts your argument about Chibi's playstyle (which is actually a valid one), but makes you look like a scum player trying to seem legitimate, who at the same time is afraid to actually mention a concrete role due to being worried about getting counterclaimed and exposed. In fact, this and Chibi's reaction to it is the reason why I put Chibi on "Neutral".

Second, your reasoning for not wanting to vote on inactive players honestly feels very weak to me, and inconsistent with how you've acted in past games (or at least, what I've been able to gather from a quick glance) or even earlier in this game. Seems to like you're trying to protect one of your more inactive mafia buddies by shifting focus away from them.

I actually posted this morning, but yeah I hope the size of this post explains why I needed all evening for this.

Will be heading to bed now, but I can respond to stuff tomorrow after work.]]
[[Bigpost with readlist and NeoLurosa accusation. Bit of preemptive defensiveness about changing his mind on DW. Is counting Starlight being a mailman as a win for the absorber theory, which is making me wonder if like, Starlight is his mafia buddy and he orchestrated this knowing that Starlight actually was a mailman, hoping it would give cred to the idea that he was right about half of his theory and therefore I'm absorber? But then again he also lists Starlight as suspect. Suspects Bench and Abra but specifically defends Tetra by contrast. Also suspects Inke and NeoLurosa, who he votes for. I will say going for NeoLurosa is kind of a bold move if he's mafia.

All in all, various things here make me feel better about my vote, though of course one should always be wary of confirmation bias when reading somebody who's already a suspect.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I can't think of an interaction that really separates them?? I'd have to look back because maybe I'm forgetting but I don't think I've seen one.
[[Inke's two posts near EoD were both banging pots and pans about why he and his vote were suspect.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Morning, I won't be around much until EoD so I'm going to get this post out now.

I do agree and have noticed that this game is...slow. I've admittedly haven't been feeling all that invested because of it.

For my sus list...

Abra has done nothing this entire game outside of jumping on other players for very minor/insubstantial things.

Bench for similar reasons to Abra except he isn't even bothering to try. Claim also feels weird to me.

Virgil still needs to make a compelling defence of himself. He easily tops my sus list for reasons I've already explained. I will be voting him again today.

Tetra doesn't exactly feel all that helpful either. Far too low-key and wafflely.
Vote: Kichiro]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Guarding someone as a hero's duty, not caring what happens to yourself.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[hm. Can you elaborate more? I know you can't copy it but is there any more details you can say...?

That aside I wonder if we're so used to crazy role madness we're all less into this lol? Because Free hasn't fixated as much, *I* haven't, and Inke says they haven't either, haha]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[That's pretty much it, aside from a "no matter how scared you may be inside" bit.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-neutral.png
Jet nodded to the Charmander. "Gotcha." So he was trying to be a hero too? Well, Jet was going to be the biggest hero out of everyone!

[[There is a part of me that's slightly worried about the fact that me, Dragonfree, Jackie and Tetra are all going to be gone at EoD, and if there's some bombshell info drop that changes everything... I suppose Yellow might still be around, and could try to rally everyone? I wouldn't be heartbroken if Abra was chosen as a fallback.]]

jet-grump2.png
"I'm votin' now so you guys don't make a huge panic while I'm nappin' again. So if there's gonna be a panic, do it now!"

Vote: Kichiro

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
[[I am likely to stay up for my 1am EOD, actually. It's far from ideal, but it's manageable. Abra as a backup vote is entirely fine with me.]]

lurosaquestion.png "Sweet Voice, you should consider getting more rest. This game is less important than your health, surely?"

[[So they tell me.]]

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
[[Virgil votes Sind for being unhelpful and not making new observations. This does feel potentially opportunistic to me - Virgil'd been away for a while and then jumps in going yeah, Sind's been unhelpful. His last post before this does indeed bring up being annoyed that other people are getting away with parroting, but doesn't name Sind specifically, while this post is taking care to talk about it as something he already thought and others are finally noticing. Doesn't preclude that actually being the case, buuut definitely the most suspect vote so far, I think?]]

[[ I don't really see how my vote is opportunistic. Sind sussed me and then later voted for me over something she was doing herself. That seems like a perfectly good reason to vote for someone to me. That said, I suppose you have a point about my post prior to the vote being kinda vague. I guess I can see how someone can misinterpret it as me trying to tie something in in retrospect. Probably should have just named Sind and JackieYellow in that post, but it's a bit late for that.

Virgil still needs to make a compelling defence of himself. He easily tops my sus list for reasons I've already explained. I will be voting him again today.

I'd say giving two examples why I'm not parroting and why your reasons for suspecting me are false counts as a "compelling" defense, but I guess you wouldn't really care about any of that if you're scum and you see your bandwagon is taking off.

Anyway, I see more people are joining this bandwagon and I'm starting to doubt if I'll make it through the day, so I might as well put all my cards on the table.

My role is a one shot version of the Vigilante. Basically I can kill someone once a game, regardless of any protective or redirecting roles. In other words, the Town counterpart to the Strongman.

I was hoping to save my ability and use it in a scenario where there's two clear suspects and the Town is only able to lynch one, but I guess that ain't happening. Kinda wish I would have gotten a chance to use my role this game, but it is what it is.

I also genuinely wonder if Inke is a Mafia Role Cop who discovered my role on N1. Would certainly explain why she's been so hyper fixated on for two days now.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Making a quick post because I have only a few minutes left and won't be on again before End of Day.]]

- Archie got the most frustrated, which is interesting since Starlight herself has so frequently been in the position of knowing things and not wanting to say why. But at the same time, it could just be an honest mistake, and I was townreading her before this.
[[This is literally my first game playing where I'm not the cop. So yes, I'm accustomed to trying to keep information hidden. I felt like the way you've been playing is just flat-out cagey, and I see a few other people also frustrated, but also others saying it's fine and to be expected? I literally don't know.]]

[[Free, Tetra and Inke all mentioned now being very engaged in this game, and I honestly feel the same way too? I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling a bit down that I thought Mailman could be a good role and I'm seeing that I'm nigh-near useless.]]

Flavour also implies that this was a strongman kill, which puts me in an interesting dilemma here.
With the strongman shot presumably wasted, I am in a mind to claim. What I will say, however, is that it won't provide much light on what happened overnight for a couple reasons I won't specify just yet.
My role is a one shot version of the Vigilante. Basically I can kill someone once a game, regardless of any protective or redirecting roles. In other words, the Town counterpart to the Strongman.

I was hoping to save my ability and use it in a scenario where there's two clear suspects and the Town is only able to lynch one, but I guess that ain't happening. Kinda wish I would have gotten a chance to use my role this game, but it is what it is.

I also genuinely wonder if Inke is a Mafia Role Cop who discovered my role on N1. Would certainly explain why she's been so hyper fixated on for two days now.]]
[[Okay so this is... I don't know. Like Virgil is a Town Strongshot Vigilante, and Strongkills have something to do with Inke's power? I don't know what to make of this.]]

[[Apparently my starting a train on Abra last day phase looked bad? So I'll hop on another train and vote for Bench. Claims to be a bodyguard but there's no way to prove or disprove that; hasn't done much sleuthing or contributing to play. I know the biggest train is on Virgil now but with what Inke said I'm curious between the two. I won't be back before EoD so maybe things will change and we'll see.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-uhhh2.png
Jet listened to the Ledian's Voice with a growing realization that she wasn't sure what to think. Most of these games would probably have someone on the good guys' team who could kill bad guys, right? And if he was lying, couldn't the real one kick his ass?

[[A town Vig immune to redirecting... While it would seem to be an easy claim... keep in mind that Namo is thus far the only person we lost whose role we didn't know. So any fakeclaims would be extremely vulnerable to counterclaiming. I'd be extremely surprised if this game had no Vig? The claimed Jack didn't get a Vig shot.

On the other hand, town Vig immune to redirecting is a strange role. I've never seen a Vig get more than one shot off anyway, so being one-shot isn't a huge nerf considering that it's Strong. And why would it need to be Strong anyway? The only reason scum would have a bulletproof on their side is if there were a regular Vig. I guess the immunity to redirection is a thing, but that makes me wonder if this game doesn't have another redirector besides DW. One on the Mafia side. That would be another reason for Negrek to include three mailmen, to track the swaps.

Of course, DW could always be scum after all. Their role certainly would make sense for scum without even being a lie. The thing giving me pause there is that we know they swapped Muse and Lurosa that one night, and I can't think of any scum motivation to do that. The usual scum bus drives are either offensive (avoiding doctors) or defensive (avoiding cops) and the Muse/Lurosa swap doesn't fit either of those.

brb gonna psychoanalyze negrek]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
[[Wind flipping Town is enough proof to me that DW can't be scum. I'm liking this idea that there's a scum driver as well and this is the purpose of unlimited mail.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[
I very much would like not to vote Virgil today. They can prove their role tonight by shooting someone. I don't think they should announce who their shooting as Mafia can just shoot the same person and frame it as one kill. But, they should shoot tonight and we should leave them alive to let them. That'll clear them if they're telling the truth and we can vote them tomorrow if not.

I still think Abra is town and would like to continue not lynching them.

Bench's claim bugs me. The Pano justification is fine but I don't like the response to the flavour question-- usually when asked for flavour claims it means people want your flavour role name. It also just feels made up on the spot to me.

Vote: IFBench
I don't have any other suspects I feel strongly enough about voting except maybe like Starlight so this is where I'm going today.

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
[[Couldn't Virgil just kill a target of our choice during the night, and if anyone else dies without him dying, we know to eliminate him immediately? Like, this is verifiable. It's just that if he is Mafia and we let him live, that sucks for us lmao. Still, we get a shot at someone else in the meantime.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Couldn't Virgil just kill a target of our choice during the night, and if anyone else dies without him dying, we know to eliminate him immediately? Like, this is verifiable. It's just that if he is Mafia and we let him live, that sucks for us lmao. Still, we get a shot at someone else in the meantime.]]
[[If he's Mafia the Mafia can shoot where we tell him to and there'll be no way of us knowing-- the only way to properly verify his role is two death tonight.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Oh, I'm allowed to say the flavor name of my role? I thought I wasn't allowed to.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[It's Hero's Duty.])