• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Making one last beeg post tonight. My brain fog has been worse recently and I haven't been able to think things through clearly, so I did the best I could (know I still have those three votes on me lol).]]
Oh and I guess my 'Voice' says that it's normal for Archie's Voice to get confused about powers and stuff.
"AHAHAHAHA!" Archie burst out laughing as he looks up into the white void, as if he could see a person beyond it. "You've played how many of these games, and you're notable for being confused?! HAHA!"

[[Archie... ._.]]

"I was thinking if the Garchomp thought that Dorien said something weird about Mudsdale, and he asked his team (and they were bad guys) 'hey do you guys think this was weird?' and they'd be like, 'no.' So he might not be a bad guy."
"Agreeing with this Floatzel, here," Archie said as he rubbed the spot in his side where Dorien had kicked him. "I think that land-shark made an innocent comment. The whole exchange was a bit contrived, but I don't think that comment alone makes him look guilty.

"If you do have more to say, then by all means, share it here."

Last but not least, Starlight. I was very sus of her earlier today, but after her most recent defense, I think I’m inclined to believe her a bit? (Jackie may disagree with me, lol.) Starlight’s play consistently comes off as scummy, and honestly I can follow her reasoning that she gave for her play so far. Again, I feel like she wouldn’t have made such a big fumble if she had a scumteam behind her. Plus, I’m still struggling to wrap my head around why a scum would so boldly try to lie about messages. HOWEVER, this line right here has me very “?!” rn:
"I was firin' a jab back at whoever sent me that message. They quoted Mr. Rogers at me, so I quoted him right back at 'em! Whoever 'they' are."

"...Why would the Mafia try to kill a Mailman, actually? They seem so much less important than Doctor, Cop, Vigilante, Tracker, or Watcher... Claiming Mailman would be an excellent way to get a Mafia target off your back, I should think! This is so obvious to me it makes me wonder if Archie really believes it!"
"I can communicate among the Innocent, something we can't privately do during the day. I thought it would be helpful with coordinating plans, which is why I was trying to tell you that I trusted you."

[[Pretty much. With the other roles, you have to post in the thread for their utility to come to light and can't do anything secret about it. If you start to deduce something as a Mailman, you can tell another player. Am I wrong, and is this actually a weak role? Maybe; I haven't played a game with Mailmen before ^_^; And I sure as heck thought they were more useful before we realized we had THREE of them running around lol). So, maybe you're right, and I'm relatively safe...?]]

"Anyways, I should reveal some info about my ability. It's an ability that can only work a single time," Burhalla said.
"O-HO!" Archie said with a light in his eye. "I've got a fair guess as to what that could be. Let me guess: you haven't found an adequate player to target yet with your ability, have you?"

[[I’ve got an interesting working theory on Karo. What if he was a third party mailman whose win condition was to have sent a message to everyone alive by the end of the game? That would explain him seeming like a mailman, and flipping third party, and messages that don’t say anything useful at all.]]
"That's an... interesting theory, all right. And a strange winning condition, if I ever heard one!"

[[I guess we won't learn until the end of the game and night logs come out just what Karo's wincon was, but I'll be curious to see it. I really don't believe Karo was a SK because of the lack of deaths so far. If we have one fewer message tonight (and if I don't get lynched today lol) then I guess Free's theory will hold more water.]]

[[I also tried to quote another Starlight message suggesting the parrot’s message goes through the next night. To be clear, that’s not how a standard parrot works; it uses the action on the same night. That’s why I think used on a mailman it’d be hard for the parrot to have time to write a new message, so they’d probably be sending the same message, but that is speculation.]]
[[Okay, so you're insinuating that a Parrot:

- Acts on the same night it targeted someone
- Sends a message that is the same as the target is sending

Is that correct? If so, then yeah, a Parrot wouldn't have targeted me because I didn't send a message at all on N0, but I received one.

In case it comes up again, I am now putting the Parrot Theory 6 ft in the ground to rest for eternity and I am sorry for bringing it up and causing confusion because I didn't know how this mechanic worked.]]

May sighed. “The message Muse got already explained what was up with the item thing. They were just using the messaging to simulate being a fruit vendor, so that they can prove who they are later by naming the items we got. Technically they could still have been originally trying to be misleading, but if we believe them, the item mystery is already solved.”
"Dang, that's smart! I should've thought to send messages that way."

However, I WOULD like to see starlight discuss her reads more, if possible. Particularly, where she thinks the vote should go.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request... But I'll comply anyway!" Archie strides before the group of onlookers, his hands on his hips. He points to each person as he describes them.

Jet. "You're confusing as hell. Yesterday you put a pressure vote on someone, claimed it wasn't random, and left it there. You claim to know who a Mailman is but keep it hidden to yourself. You get things going, which I appreciate, but backing up your actions with reason would be helpful."

Dorien. "I only want to keep you alive so that I can kill you myself."
[[Ignore Archie. I'm torn on Sind; she's got some good points to bring up. She made one summary post, which reminds me of her Mafia play in Namo's Mafia game, so that makes me a little hesitant, but she hasn't said anything that comes across as terribly scummy... I just don't feel good on her overall.]]

Muse. "Everyone puts you in the clear because you divulged the contents of the message I sent you (though it was actually meant for one of the other cats). You also said you're a Watcher, which is a pretty powerful role, at that. A Mafia watcher wouldn't be useful, so you're in the clear with me."

Antares. "You've done damn-near nothing all game. I've got no reason to trust you."
[[Forgive Archie's harsh words; he doesn't have a soft side.]]

Altair. "Another pirate! I like you, but like the Garchomp, you've hardly done anything. You say you bring up good points, but it's just to try and divert attention to someone else who's also not saying much. You haven't brought up new theories, only tried to quash current ones."

Kichiro. "And ANOTHER pirate! I like you, too, so I hate to say it, but you've done near-nothing as well. You brought up a possible 'Absorber' theory, haven't really thrown suspicion on anyone else, except to insinuate that the blue-haired-thing might be a liar. For me, you're in the same boat as that other pirate there."

Burhalla. "You say you've got a one-shot ability! I'm inclined to believe that's not a Mafia power, but it doesn't prove anything in my eyes. You're a soft Townread for now."

Steven Stone. "Ah, are you upset that your 'sad ronk fren' has been taken away in the night? Hehe... The more people that go, the more likely that you're up soon. Like the other pretty boy, I'm hoping to take you out before my time here is up."
[[Archie hates Steven, but I don't have much against him. That being said, Pano hasn't done much which I can sympathize with trying to get chores and housework done. She's contributed some to discussion about the mailmen and different theories surrounding them, but I'm not getting any strong vibes at all from her? She's a lot less aggressive than she was in the Overdrive game (which, to her credit, I was pushing a lynching on her for lol) and she was Third Party with a survivor wincon, so.... I'm not sure what to make of that.]]

Nefari. "You're an annoying one. Your claim so far holds up, though, so as much as I hate to admit it, I think you're reading Innocent for today. I still think your powers could potentially be Mafia-aligned... but we'll give it time."

NeoLurosa. "Why do you keep speaking in different voices? Eh, whatever. Like I said before, I trust you. That's why I tried to send you that message last night and it got swapped with the other cat. You've been helpful in trying to hunt scum (until you tunneled on me, thanks for that) even though you bring up theories that get complex as hell. Still, I think you're completely genuine."

Rascal. "You've also said damn-near nothing. Want to contribute more?"
[[I know Flyg0n's been sick, so I'm sympathetic. But she hasn't pointed out or done much and I honestly have no read on her.]]

May Victoria Wallace. "The hell even are you? You've got a reputation for being a strong player around these parts. You divulged that you got a message on Day 1 and posted a quick reads list with brief reasons as to why. You haven't said anything about your role or what powers you have, but you've been trying to help and I feel a bit better about you."

tl;dr: Starlight's reads list

Town:
- NeoLurosa
- Windskull
- DawningWinds

Town-ish
- Free
- Bench

IDK:
- Virgil134
- Flyg0n
- Pano

Eh/Sus:
- Chibi
- Sind
- Inke
- AbraPunk

I'm not going too hard after those in my "eh/sus" pile but you guys gotta give me SOMETHING to show for yourselves. My current vote is still on Abra, who has still been quiet. We've only played 1/2 a Mafia game together (not even, it was like a single day phase) so I don't know your playstyle. I'm going to bed; will try to be back on at least once tomorrow morning before I gotta work, though EOD is right in the middle of my workday.]]

[[Also, are we going to get ANY night info other than what the Mailmen have??]]

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
[[ I'll be honest, I'm surprised to see three sussing me overnight. Apparently I'm potential mafia not making "parroting information we already know" even though I haven't done that at all? The only thing I really repeated was the part where I gave my thoughts on Sike Saner's death, and that was because I was giving my thoughts on everything that had happened so far since the start of D2, which of course includes I don't have much to say about. The theory about one of the messages being sent by an Absorber and concluding that Dragonfree or Starlight likely were one was something new, but I guess that doesn't count because it was "unhelpful". Like, I’m not familiar with other people’s playstyle, so I can’t comment on that aspect (well I can, but then I’d just get called out for “parroting” again). Not really sure what else I can do.

Kind of frustrating to see when there's other people who are actually parroting and don't get called out for it, but it’s whatever.

I'm taking a break for now to clear my head. It's a beautiful day outside and I want to think about something else for a bit. I'll be back by the end of the day to cast a vote. ]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“Doesn’t absorber permanently copy the power, though? It’s parrot that only uses it once, right?”
jet-uhhhh.png
"Er. That is...... maybe?"

[[...sssssomehow this is the first time I'm actually loading the Absorber page on the wiki, I thought for sure I would have read it during Namo's game??? Also I was somehow under the impression that it was a 90% mafia role like strengthener, where it could ""technically"" be any alignment but but almost always scum. But apparently there's so such association. My life is a lie.]]

jet-grump.png
"Aren't you supposed to be good at this game??" More evidence that Jet's Voice was dumb and needed to keep its nosy butt out of things.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Dorien. "I only want to keep you alive so that I can kill you myself."
[[Ignore Archie. I'm torn on Sind; she's got some good points to bring up. She made one summary post, which reminds me of her Mafia play in Namo's Mafia game, so that makes me a little hesitant, but she hasn't said anything that comes across as terribly scummy... I just don't feel good on her overall.]]
[[I'd like to formally point out that I summaryposted in Banquet (which I don't think you played) and was Town, so please don't let that obscure your reads on me

FROM BANQUET:
Loic slapped down a giant trifold board. He'd suddenly produced a pointer and wildly began gesturing to the board with it.
If you would like to validate this claim, see above--I actually started summaryposting because I was OSBP and trying to think of a subtle way to bait a shot without claiming so I figured "You know what's helpful? Summaries." It didn't work out like that, but let the record show I initially summaryposted as town.

I would need to look again to be sure how it played out but I really think I recall feeling a similar thing about Sind last game latching on to something innocuous and repeatedly trying to get people to suspect a person for it, and then she turned out to be scum
Okay and going back to this, yes that did happen. I found the posts for convenience:

FROM ROLE OVERDRIVE:
However, I really am eyeing Torchic for that "Darkrai/Cresselia" drop--probably way too much so, but the casual mentioning of Cresselia with no backing of why they'd bring it up until I pressed is just really really weird to me. Was that a possible bait for the String thing (i.e. mentioning your patron Legendary)? A subtle hint that they might know of the "curer"/are the "curer"? Idk I have questions, and again, and I am probably reading too much into it, but I'll save that energy for D2 because even so, I still believe there isn't enough info (or time honestly) to press more.
Basically, Torchic dropped the name of "Cresselia" just randomly (while there was a lot of speculation about patron gods and whatever the actual fuck god that fucking game AH), and me being jumpy info hunter in the moment, pointed it out like so. You can click on it and see for yourself, but the following responses were people basically telling me to calm down and that it really wasn't that big of a deal. Sound familiar? And I rolled scum that game uwu

So I guess you can see it two ways; yeah I'm once again latching onto something somewhat innocuous (also for reasons I specified previously; Abra also dug at me for a really small comment in Role Overdrive and it felt targeted again, and it tracks with their jumpy scumplay), but Abra also basically did the same goddamn thing I did with much less reason to lol.

FROM ROLE OVERDRIVE:
[[So I'll take over this explanation. Torchic, I know you're new to this game and all, but all of your posts so far just seem really follower-ish. Like, you're sus of Jackie and Chibi for the alleged swap (that I guess hasn't happened) when there was plenty of indication that such a swap wasn't indicative enough that either one of them were scum or town? I feel like you threw that out there because there was some speculation over it, and you seem like you're just trying to keep up and stay on with the current popular hypothesis. Again, I KNOW you're new to the game and completely understand that--you could entirely be playing that way because you're trying to get your bearings, but I made the mistake last game of giving two newer/less experienced players the benefit of the doubt, knowing DAMN WELL my red flags were flying up all over the place, and they BOTH flipped scum in the end. I fully admit that this is more of a me being paranoid thing, and not really anything that is 100% of your doing, but I cannot shake the vibe.]]
Also for added reference I ended up going back at Torchic for something completely unrelated, in case you needed a little extra information about how it all played out.

"Anyway," May said, "I've been thinking and I think I should tell you why I'm leery of my message at least before the day ends. The message said, 'Congratulations! You have received an [item]!' Only unless I'm blind I'm not seeing, you know, the actual item. It's just a message. That's why I felt like it might be trying to mislead. Or it might not."
Dear Muse:

Congratulations! You received a [item]!

250 ch limit, one message/night. [Item] does nothing, but can name items later as proof of identity. Think you are town.

Unsure how best to help town, can assist with role coordination?

Good luck!
Also I wanted to point this out, though this might be terribly irrelevant and unneeded (I marked it thinking I had some sort of argument about it but then I realized I didn't but I'm gonna include it anyway), and I'm sorry if I missed an additional explanation about it (I'm at work and really just back to skimming), but in Free's note it just says "Congrats you received an item" while HelloJackie's is much more fleshed out with an explanation of the 250 limit, more about the sender's role, etc. etc. This might just be the sender upping their communication game after it came to light that there was more than one "courier" power, which isn't a bad thing, but I thought it was worth mentioning the difference. Or I'm just still really tired and head still achy that I'm trying to nitpick.

“Doesn’t absorber permanently copy the power, though? It’s parrot that only uses it once, right?”
Also I wanted to respond to this just because I know firsthand (lololololol) that Absorber held onto everything they got (at least thats how it was in Role Overdrive). So really the more Absorber got around, the more of a cracked JOAT they could become. However, with the Absorber, none of the abilities were like..."one shot" like a JOAT, where if you used an ability once, it was gone. Absorber always had access to the abilities, the caveat was that only one could be used a night. Example, if you used Ability A one night, you could still use Ability A the second night if you wanted to, and so on and so forth.

--

I do still believe Starlight's whole tangent, but she's also still the best lead we have so far. Sussy baka vibes but from my Starlight game experience they always fucking flip town off of that, so I'm like......lost there lmaoooooooooo.

Abra has still offered nothing and I really want them to at least ATTEMPT to give some insight, because the whole "I have nothing to offer rn" doesn't really help them much, and now that I've at least attempted a full summary of the day up to a certain point, I don't think there's an excuse to not try.

Bench is another one I'm feeling some way about. They did say something about IRL things, and mentioned something about their role kinda unsolicited but...I feel like that tracks with their normal gameplay? I don't remember ever seeing Bench roll scum??? But they've also been really quiet on the RP front, as somebody mentioned, and that does strike me as weird for them. But, IRL BotD.

Flygon is also a big ????? but I'm trying to give BotD because sicky with COVID-y and yeah, I feel that hard. I think they've raised a good point here and there but there's something to be desired.

I know Virgil is taking a step back, but maybe some more concrete posts from them would be nice too.

Pano is also another person I would like to hear more from but also IRL matters. Posts so far have just felt like they're trying to get used to the water and I also want to give BotD because IRL but they aren't feeling as...helpful as normal.

(A lot of BotD here lol)

Chibi, idk, I'm stuck on the Mailman theory they posted about and haven't elaborated on. More posts from them trying to be additionally helpful but like...I am still so fucking null on them right now and it doesn't feel good LOL.

Free is also fucking null right now, maybe feel slightly better about them than I do Chibi right now just because their posts feel like they're offering a tad more.

Townie reads still NeoLuroa, Wind, and DW. Inke's going off to the side until I'm more awake and off of work kekw.]]

--

Dorien's head was suddenly filled with nonsense. He stood there, blinking--whether it was from confusion or a lasting concussion from the punches Archie had given him, it was hard to tell.

"This voice of mine..." he muttered. "Speaking pure, undiluted, idiotic gibberish. How did I get stuck with this?"

[[You're a diagnosed narcissist, shut the fuck up.]]

He lowered his brows angrily and placed an offended hand over his heart. "Well I never."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Okay and going back to this, yes that did happen. I found the posts for convenience:
[[Thanks for this <3]]

Also I wanted to point this out, though this might be terribly irrelevant and unneeded (I marked it thinking I had some sort of argument about it but then I realized I didn't but I'm gonna include it anyway), and I'm sorry if I missed an additional explanation about it (I'm at work and really just back to skimming), but in Free's note it just says "Congrats you received an item" while HelloJackie's is much more fleshed out with an explanation of the 250 limit, more about the sender's role, etc. etc. This might just be the sender upping their communication game after it came to light that there was more than one "courier" power, which isn't a bad thing, but I thought it was worth mentioning the difference. Or I'm just still really tired and head still achy that I'm trying to nitpick.
“I mean, yeah. If we believe them, I assume the reason is when they sent the first night they had no idea who to trust so they didn’t want to reveal anything that could help the mafia, while on N1 they were sending to a solid townread and wanted to reveal more. And probably clarify that they weren’t trying to mislead about the ‘items’.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I’ve got an interesting working theory on Karo. What if he was a third party mailman whose win condition was to have sent a message to everyone alive by the end of the game? That would explain him seeming like a mailman, and flipping third party, and messages that don’t say anything useful at all.]]
jet-confident.png
"Ha! So he actually had a reason for sendin' junk mail!"

[[I really like this theory, and I think it makes a lot of sense. Sending silly messages that don't seem to mean anything feels more appropriate for a third party than any other faction. Also, from a game design perspective, it makes sense to include a role that's motivated to send nonsense if you're doing an "Oops all mailmen" setup.]]

"This voice of mine..." he muttered. "Speaking pure, undiluted, idiotic gibberish. How did I get stuck with this?"
jet-laugh.png
"Idiotic gibberish is right!" Jet barked.

[[Jet, come on...]]

jet-grump.png
"Alright fiiiiiine, if you really wanna know, someone said a thing that made me think they were a mail guy. So I said that thing I said to see if I could find out for real. But after all the stuff everyone said today, I'm pretty sure that person's NOT a mail guy now. But I'm still not sayin' who!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Incidentally, because I kept forgetting about this while posting: a couple people have prodded at Jet asking me what I knew about Karo today. This is simply because in my public short readlist at the end of D1, I had Karo listed as likely town based on a read I didn’t want to elaborate on. As I explained in response, that read was that he was a mailman, and that he was probably a town rather than mafia mailman based on him being the first person to suggest there might be one on each side. He turned out third-party, obviously (but I’m still a fan of the theory he was a mailman).]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Pano is also another person I would like to hear more from but also IRL matters. Posts so far have just felt like they're trying to get used to the water and I also want to give BotD because IRL but they aren't feeling as...helpful as normal
[[Imma be real with you, chief. This is the second time you've called me unhelpful in as many days, and frankly I'm not a fan.

In a game about not knowing anything, I'm a little salty that me not knowing anything is a mark against me. Since we're in the mood to soft claim, I might as well back this up by saying my role does not provide me with active feedback.

The only information I have to work with is what's brought up in the thread by others, and the lone message I received last night. That's why I've been trying to work on mailman theory both D1 and D2, and if that's unhelpful I'm sorry.

I'm on mobile rn so going back to do post history stuff is a pain, but from someone that (from what I remember) has only provided a summary post and a half-null readlist, calling someone else unhelpful just feels bad man.

(I know we've both been busy with stuff irl, weekends be like that, but still.)

Consider this a side-eye until I get home and have time to do a proper backread. I'm just not sure why being unsure is a problem.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
"I can communicate among the Innocent, something we can't privately do during the day. I thought it would be helpful with coordinating plans, which is why I was trying to tell you that I trusted you."

[[Pretty much. With the other roles, you have to post in the thread for their utility to come to light and can't do anything secret about it. If you start to deduce something as a Mailman, you can tell another player. Am I wrong, and is this actually a weak role? Maybe; I haven't played a game with Mailmen before ^_^; And I sure as heck thought they were more useful before we realized we had THREE of them running around lol). So, maybe you're right, and I'm relatively safe...?]]

lurosaquestion.png Lurosa considered Archie's words, blinking slowly.

"Well, I can certainly believe you believing this, at least. But I don't agree in the slightest about a Mailman's value to Town. There are some uses, certainly, but sending a message doesn't prove you're Town, it doesn't guarantee your message will end up in a Townie's hands, and a Mailman has no special information to disclose secretly. Any instructions a Town Mailman tries to convey may be taken as a trick by a Mafia Mailman. If I had received your message, it wouldn't have convinced me you were an ally, and knowing you trust me wouldn't change how the following day plays out. Meanwhile, the roles I listed before can provide actual utility for Town. Doctors can prevent eliminations, Cops can identify alignments, Trackers and Watchers can catch Mafia in the act of murder, and Vigilantes can contribute to Town-controlled kills. These actions can win the game. Mailmen... What can they say to anyone that would be more dangerous to Mafia than any of the above?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Imma be real with you, chief. This is the second time you've called me unhelpful in as many days, and frankly I'm not a fan.

In a game about not knowing anything, I'm a little salty that me not knowing anything is a mark against me. Since we're in the mood to soft claim, I might as well back this up by saying my role does not provide me with active feedback.

The only information I have to work with is what's brought up in the thread by others, and the lone message I received last night. That's why I've been trying to work on mailman theory both D1 and D2, and if that's unhelpful I'm sorry.

I'm on mobile rn so going back to do post history stuff is a pain, but from someone that (from what I remember) has only provided a summary post and a half-null readlist, calling someone else unhelpful just feels bad man.

(I know we've both been busy with stuff irl, weekends be like that, but still.)

Consider this a side-eye until I get home and have time to do a proper backread. I'm just not sure why being unsure is a problem.]]
[[I guess I should clarify that I meant “helpful” in a sense that I feel like you’re usually more puzzle-y—kind of on par with with HelloJackie has been doing? Like doing more toward theorizing about stuff in the game, not necessarily knowing anything per se? That's how I recall your play, really. Theorizing things, trying to puzzle the game together, and I haven't seen a lot of that from you. "Helpful" is the wrong word and I would like to firstly apologize for that, but you have generally struck me as OFF, based on what I said, and I'm sticking to that.

Steven/Panoramic_Vacuum: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh neutral-ish. Most of their posts are primarily just RP and trying to make sense of whatever is going on, so I don't really have much for them. Kind of like Chibi, I feel like I usually see them being a little more out there with their puzzling of things, and they've mostly just been kinda flail-y/trying to figure things out-ish right now. Could be genuine, could be trying to get the hang of playing scum because I don't think Pano has ever rolled scum? Wary.
Pano's also a goddamn ? and they've been AFK today as well so all I have is that they revealed their note; will revisit when they post again.
I’m also sorry if I made you upset or struck a nerve, it really wasn’t my intention. What I’m trying to say is that you’ve felt more lowkey than usual and as I said, I want to give the BotD about your IRL stuff which is why I notated that I’d revisit when we heard more from you. I wasn’t even necessarily scumreading you for any of this either, I was just saying that I wanted to hear more from you and essentially had you on null. So again, I apologize if I was coming off abrasive or like I’m specifically singling you out, but I’m really just poking around.

Pano - has not felt as helpful as usual, though there are logical reasons for that.
[[Archie hates Steven, but I don't have much against him. That being said, Pano hasn't done much which I can sympathize with trying to get chores and housework done. She's contributed some to discussion about the mailmen and different theories surrounding them, but I'm not getting any strong vibes at all from her?
I’m also not the only one who’s pointed your change in play out so it feels a little backhanded that you’re coming at me specifically for reiterating my thoughts on it while ALSO pointing out that you are busy with IRL. Again, I apologize.

Gonna take a step back for a bit. If anybody needs something from me, please ping. Thanks <3 ]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[mmm after sleeping on it I'm feeling less confident in my vote on Abra. Not convinced of innocence, but the lack of defense beyond "mafia would have told her not to say that" has me a little "hmmm." Revisit tomorrow.

Will come back with probably final vote on lunch but right now my gut is to go with one of starlight, pano, inke, or Virgil. Starlight, if we're wrong about being scum, is probably one of the less bad roles to lose, though I'm not a fan of voting for her just because of that. More later.

Unvote: AbraPunk

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-think.png
"Yeah, I don't think Archie's a bad guy. And the rock guy... Steven? He mostly seems ok to me right now. Dunno what to think about the Ledian yet. Felt kinda weird about the Luxray yesterday but I don't have a reason, so don't bother askin'."

Jet paused, thinking harder. Why did this game involve so much thinking.

"That fancy guy Dorien feels weird. He's bein' all defensive and actin' like he's gotta prove that every little thing he does is super normal or whatever. It's like he's really super afraid of looking weird to anybody for anything. Why's he gotta spend all his time talking about how totally not suspicious he is?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I don't have time to write a full post atm bc I am at work still, trying to finish a few things, but something is pinging me as odd here.

I'm not sure I buy into a TP Mailman/message everyone to win? I really feel like they could just be an SK with some for of Odd/Even night activation powers? The other option feels so complex, but then again I am not familiar enough with mafia to say if thats reasonable.

I don't have susses yet but assuming no one is making up receiving a message (what would even be the point of that) one of the mailman probably has to be scum? That makes some sense, right? Three town mailman doesn't add up.

Unless the mailman power is more of a red herring ability than a real power?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[also sorry for double post in advance but UGH

This mailman thing is genuinely maddening. I've been trying to review what I can to untangle it but the more I think about it, the less help it seems? Like beyond Starlights supposed explanations and everything, and the item thing, I don't feel like we can adequately discern guilt and innocence from anything going on.

A mailman can too easily be scum or town I think, right? So regardless of who gets what message, it doesn't even mean they're actually town. After all, even scum would want to be forthright about a message, especially if it seems like it can make them look good.

On the other hand, Scum!Mailman seems kinda bust bc then they could send messages and self-confirm with other members of mafia.

But I wonder if we can't pick at any other threads or things. bench soft claiming out the blue without any real pressing is a bit odd.

There's also DW JOAT, which makes sense, they're proobaably town, why lie about bussing like that.

I'm going to try to go back and look again to see if it feels like any groups are corroborating or working together.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I'm not sure I buy into a TP Mailman/message everyone to win? I really feel like they could just be an SK with some for of Odd/Even night activation powers? The other option feels so complex, but then again I am not familiar enough with mafia to say if thats reasonable.
Jet tilted her head. "Who else would send junk mail, then?"

[[It's not just that I think sending nonsense makes more sense for a TP than for town or mafia. Sending silly messages is in-character for Sike.]]

A mailman can too easily be scum or town I think, right? So regardless of who gets what message, it doesn't even mean they're actually town.
jet-neutral.png
Jet scoffed. "Course not! No one was sayin' that they were. I don't care who got what mail. Seein' people talk about it is the important stuff."

[[I honestly think that the purpose of the mail in this setup is just to give everyone something to talk about. Some kind of icebreaker to get the words flowing. The mail itself isn't nearly as important as the discussion surrounding it. Mailmen was an easy way to give everyone something to do without inflating the power level, and without the feels-bad of last year's game where half of town was pseudo-vanilla. It makes a lot of sense, from a GM perspective.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Uggggggh, I don't have much time before EoD, so I'm just going to make a quick and dirty post and see if I can come back before then.

Don't get all excited about soft-claiming/giving hints about your roles, because it narrows the pool of potential roles significantly, giving the Mafia an easy hit-list.

I'm admittedly feeling more confident about Starlight, though her read on me is flat out...not true. I have been trying to bring up new conversations and theories. I'm getting tired of people blatantly ignoring the content of my posts. Read through them and give me a proper reason to be sus outside of "her play is different" because I've addressed this twice. Starlight is still one of my lynch candidates, just not my first one.

Virgil's limp non-defence of himself however has definitely not helped things out here and I would be fine voting him out today.

I'm admittedly wary of Bench due to his claim because taking a charitable interpretation of his claim alongside looking over the list of roles (disregarding customs or custom elements), the options here are Body Guard, Gladiator, and Strongman. Also the claim itself, as previously stated feels odd.

Will try to get back before EoD to change my vote, but in case I don't...
Unvote: Archie]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[
Body Guard
Bodyguard is like never 1x in my experience. It's like a worse doctor because it doesn't fully prevent death even if its properly used. Every bodyguard I've ever seen can be used every night until shot.
You might be thinking of Seraph Knight which would be 1x though.

I do agree Bench outing 1x outta nowhere is weird as heck, but as scum I don't see what it accomplishes? Strongman would be 1x but telling us that that's what you might be seems really weird. And I'd think scum would run outting that sort of info by their teammates and get told off?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The day was almost over and no one had any good leads. Jet was getting bored again.

jet-grump.png
"Fiiiiine I guess I'll vote for someone, gotta do everything around here myself."

[[You were all excited to vote yesterday...]]

"Yeah, well it was new and exciting yesterday and now it's not." Jet stuck her tongue at the disembodied Voice.

jet-grump2.png
"I feel pretty good about the Absol and the Espeon. I feel mostly okay about the rock guy and the blue-hair girl. I don't wanna vote the pirate, the Garchomp, or the Nickit."

"I dunno what to think about the Charmander, the Luxray, or the Ledian."

Jet paused, humming. "The Tyrunt's Voice is mostly just bein' confused about the mail and sayin' that all our ideas don't make sense, but that's not gonna help us catch bad guys."

Jet's tails lashed impatiently. "This is boring, I'm just gonna vote for Dorien and see what happens!"

Vote: Dorien

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I'll be honest, I'm surprised to see three sussing me overnight. Apparently I'm potential mafia not making "parroting information we already know" even though I haven't done that at all? The only thing I really repeated was the part where I gave my thoughts on Sike Saner's death, and that was because I was giving my thoughts on everything that had happened so far since the start of D2, which of course includes I don't have much to say about. The theory about one of the messages being sent by an Absorber and concluding that Dragonfree or Starlight likely were one was something new, but I guess that doesn't count because it was "unhelpful". Like, I’m not familiar with other people’s playstyle, so I can’t comment on that aspect (well I can, but then I’d just get called out for “parroting” again). Not really sure what else I can do.
[[I don't actually recall you providing any new thoughts either? Could you point to a post where you did so? Because I can't think of one.

What are you're reads? I don't think I remember you giving much in the way of that either.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Quick Readslist, explanations hopefully later/ask if any are weird to you:
Town:
Namo
windskull

Weaker town
Sind
Abra
Chibi
Free

Null
Tetra
Pano
Whoever I've somehow forgotten about because there's only 14 names on this list
Virgil (considering shifting to weak scum though)

Weak Scum
Inke

Scum
DawningWinds
Starlight
NeoLurosa

3p
Sike
]]

Top Bottom