• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
View attachment 1964 "I don't think Goomy Litno is part of the team of killers! I think they'd have more to offer than just readlists if they had secret meetings with other players, and that someone would have said something earlier to protect them... In a really small game, letting another killer get sacrificed would be like letting yourself lose! Whoever the real killers are, I think there'd be resistance to sacrificing them from one of their teammates... And they haven't said anything really suspicious!"

Salem waved awkwardly to Empoleon Steven. "Do you not have any better ideas...?"

[[I won't be voting for ShinjiGojira without a reason better than 'they're only posting readlists'. I think they'd have workshopped their takes more if they had teammates. Let's have a different wagon, please. Will @Panoramic_Vacuum reconsider her vote?]]
Steven stared hard at the Purrloin. Simply stared. He'd literally told the Goomy to defend himself after the first vote was placed on his name, and the Goomy refused. Slowly, Steven spoke, his voice dangerously low. "If all there was to solving this mystery was read lists, we'd be out of this nightmare by now."

His glare slid from the Purrloin to the rest of the room, as one by one the group began to vote. Collectively, they wanted more time. Yet what good was more time if, still, no one said anything? He ground his jaw in frustration.

He turned back, still simmering. "I'm not sure if you realize this, but if I had a better idea, I would have shared it by now. Unless, of course, you'd me to reveal everything to the scum."

"Though at this point," he rolled his eyes with a huff, "I'm beginning to doubt we'll get anywhere otherwise."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[nvm I caught up, all good. I think?]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I can't blame you for not being certain when I'm not even certain of you

[[As it happens, one of my strongest reasons for being suspicious of you was your insistence that people scumreading you were suspicious for targeting an innocent, without ever eating crow that you were wrong about Free. :P You're right now, of course. Nothing is ever certain except what you see in your own role PM and dead player alignment flips.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[can we get a rule clarification and a vote count soon-ish if we're going to go for this extension? I'd rather not bungle it if we're counting on it for more time]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Aight. Let's get to discussing the real votelist, since I'm not liking the Professor for one of our perps right now. Bigger readlist coming soon, I hope. I'm becoming... sleepy.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I've been saying this in my last several posts. I haven't seen Yellow's scumplay as I missed those games, however I did play with her in second anniversary and she was much more engaging there than she was here (at least, in late game, not as much early game, but that's partly because I stole the spotlight very early on). And from what I've noticed, her posts have been mostly RP flavor and only slight prodding of Pano, talking over with Tetra/you about your own guilt and trying to figure that out (which could have just been her trying to gain favor as it looked like you might be getting cleared). It just feels like she's been much less attentive than she had been in past games and that's what gives me pause.
[[Its true that I haven’t been as involved this game, but also…that aside, I feel like I’ve still been pretty darn active? Aside from missing EoD on D1, which was for a very valid irl reason, I’ve been doing my best to keep up. I have tried to give as much information as possible without giving my role away, I’ve been theorizing and sharing my reads, etc. I genuinely don’t know what more you want from me, lol.

[[Please do forgive me for not being 100% sold on you yet tbh. There's a part of me that's not convinced the flailing wasn't just pretending to be a panicked townie trying to convince others, and we have no real, tangible proof of a swapper or deflector.]]
I’m glad I’m not the only one who isn’t totally sold on it yet. For all we know, Tetra could be BS-ing HARDCORE right now. Yeah, it’s galaxy-brained, but it’s not impossible.
YES, thank you. Do you have any other ideas, though? Because while I agree with your thoughts on the bud driver thing, my reasoning for not mentioning it is because I have no clue what could be the alternative. And you understood what I was getting at with the TP thing, I don't know why it's so hard for me to put into words, but yes.
My best alternative would be that Tetra is guilty, concocted an elaborate fake role, and then brought up Bus Driver to save herself. I haven’t pushed it though, because even though I say it’s not impossible, it is a reach, lol. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also side note, I wouldn't call the TP thing Hype I genuinely just thought it would be helpful to consider all the possibilities because TP plays look different sometimes than scum? Like I didn't really press it even I just thought being aware of it was helpful. It can influence numbers and assumptions and plays a lot, no?

At this rate idk even know whats helpful anymore apparently whoops.

[[As it happens, one of my strongest reasons for being suspicious of you was your insistence that people scumreading you were suspicious for targeting an innocent, without ever eating crow that you were wrong about Free. :P You're right now, of course. Nothing is ever certain except what you see in your own role PM and dead player alignment flips.]]
To be fair I voted Free purely out of spite for voting me and to tie the game because at the time I didn't think anything I'd done was strong enough to warrant tunnelling me so hard. Like I would have understood if they were sus but they went straight for my throat. Guess Free is eating crow now (/j)

I never guranteed Free was scum I just thought your dead set insistence felt weird and out of character. Anyways whats past is past, heh!

So we have our extension, lets use it!

I still propose that while I am torn, I found it really weird that after making like two readlists and it being D2, shinji didn't have time to make a vote but did have time to make a post saying they can't vote? But could just be a busy newbie! Its hard to say. I am reluctant to vote for sus-ish newbie plays.

Seren still feels weird to me but I admit that I am not familiar with them.

Yellow...it does make sense she would be playing safer... I feel like I'm doing the same thing sometimes, overthinking posts and overthinking how to be a good town teammate.... Rghhhh

Minty is leaning town? Shini/Minty would be a weird time but... Okay I actually have a theory that might sound really mean but is it possible arielle quit

I have a proposition: We all ought discuss who we think should be voted out instead of shini.

I can't really see any other way out. I am curious to hear what wind has to say I guess.

Wind might be my top sus tbh

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I really don't buy a Minty/Shinji scumteam, at all. That just sounds fake as fuck to me.]]
[[can you elaborate on this? From what I recall, they’ve barely interacted with each other so why would this be “fake”?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I’m glad I’m not the only one who isn’t totally sold on it yet. For all we know, Tetra could be BS-ing HARDCORE right now. Yeah, it’s galaxy-brained, but it’s not impossible.
[[If I'm doing this I think I deserve an award because I'd impress the heck out of myself lol]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[If I'm doing this I think I deserve an award because I'd impress the heck out of myself lol]]
[[I would gladly give you an award because that would be the scumplay of the century lololol]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
CHARACTERSPECIESPLAYERSALEM'S THOUGHTSJACKIE'S THOUGHTS
LoïcMimikyuSinderellaHe puts way too much effort into collecting information for everyone and figuring things out to be a killer! I'm pretty sure he's good. Pretty sure Sind's town.
DiamondSableyeSerenHe doesn't talk much and he's a weird ghost, but he hasn't actually said anything that makes me think he's one of the killers...Slightly better than null.
Anti BravomanPhantumpwindskullThis one says stuff that makes good sense and I have a good feeling about the way he spotted I might be the cop and said little...Slightly better than null.
Steven StoneEmpoleonPanoramic_VacuumHe's made a pretty big deal of himself so far but he's not really winning the game for us or anything, so how much does that really count for? Yeah, he's pointed out some dumb things, but he's also said some really wrong things too! Still, I don't think he looks suspicious...Faintly positive reading. I think Pano's smart enough to stealth, but also anxious enough to sweat buckets if she had to, and it makes me uncertain. I don't like the eagerness to mass-reveal or the eagerness to lynch a weak player.
HanaFlygonFlyg0nI was so sure that she was suspicious, because of all the weird things she kept saying! But I'm really scared that the killers tricked me to take advantage of that... So I'm trusting her for now.Moderate-to-strong town, conditional on the Deflector theory holding water. Not loving her play, but I can rationalise it.
Professor EleosGardevoirMintyMimixI think he seems very much like a new, smart, but confused town player! I don't think I'm suspicious of him, and I think the way he tried to extend the day is explained better by him being town.Pretty good town vibes, not liking him as a suspect.
LitnoGoomyShiniGojiraI don't think Goomy Litno is part of the team of killers! I think they'd have more to offer than just readlists if they had secret meetings with other players, and that someone would have said something earlier to protect them...Seems like a newbie townie to me, but I'm not gonna die on that hill. Definitely the most expendable town player.
NeoEspeonHelloYellow17I actually thought he might be on the killing team when he kept being positive about Tetra... And he still might, especially if the Deflector thing is true! But I don't know...Ambivalent reads. Wanna do a close analysis in the morning.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Anyways you know I actually am reconsidering something. I remembered something from the readlists shini posted! They felt like they leaned towards expressing susses of everyone but seemed to rank Minty as more pro town? So are they trying their best to cover for each other?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Lol almost everyone feels towny]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm thinking and rethinking re re re thinking... Minty/Shini scum team doesn't sound absurd. I'm not saying its true but I'm not saying it isn't. Minty might be a newbie but newbie =/= bad player, at least not necessarily. Minty has proven themselves to be perceptive, thoughtful, and decently aware.

I've decided not to write off this possibility imo]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Okay I actually have a theory that might sound really mean but is it possible arielle quit
((I think your message cut off there? I will go on the record stating I have no formal relationship outside of the game with either Arielle or Gojira. In fact I've pushed the wrong buttons with Gojira here during my past posts and I'm sorry for my earlier phrasing.))

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[can you elaborate on this? From what I recall, they’ve barely interacted with each other so why would this be “fake”?]]

[[I think their playstyles are too unsynchronised for teammates, and I don't see any indication that they'd have been coordinating.]]

[[If you tricked everyone intentionally, I'll be furiously impressed. I'll shake your hand, but also, crush your hand in doing so.]]

They felt like they leaned towards expressing susses of everyone but seemed to rank Minty as more pro town? So are they trying their best to cover for each other?

[[I think tht's best explained by the same reason given foor sussing Seren more for playing a villain-coded character. Shinji is reading based on RP vibes. It's not very good play, so I mostly wanna keep him around as an extra town body. I don't think we learn anything if we sacrifice him and flip innocent.]]

[[Lol almost everyone feels towny]]

[[Been there. It's... strenuous, huh?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura