• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I'm honestly impressed that I was able to blunder my way into and out of 0% suspicion ENTIRELY through the sheer, unwavering force of my incompetence.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
So it looks kinda like it was Espy does/doesn't need to be lynched? If she's able to do her night action and post her results, that works for me and we're not wasting any day phases killing someone we're pretty sure is town (and it sounds like it also works for her). So can we lynch someone else instead?

And it's three o'clock in the morning, I'm going to bed now.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Right, thanks for reminding me. No longer voting for Espeon considering the new information. But with that being said... Now I need to decide whether I'm going for Sike or DW. I'm still not 100% on DW, but that seems to be where the flow is going...

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I'm still not 100% on DW, but that seems to be where the flow is going...
There are the exact same amount of votes on me as there are on Sike. There is no clear decision as to who is being lynched yet. Just vote for the person you find most suspicious, not for who everyone else is voting for.

Now I'm actually going to bed.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Just a heads up that I might not be all that active today. For personal reasons, it’s a stressful time and I don’t know if this’ll be an escape or another stressor. Just know if I don’t say anything for a bit, that’s why.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Twelve hours remain in Day 2. The vote stands thus:

2 Namohysip - Starlight Aurate, Persephone
2 Starlight Aurate - qva, windskull
1 Abstain - Sike Saner
1 DawningWinds - Tanuki
1 Sike Saner - DawningWinds

Not Voting:
Namohysip, Dragonfree, NonAnalogue, Equitia, elyvorg, SparklingEspeon

(Anybody waking up and strolling into this thread in a few hours is going to be very TroyWithPizza.)

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
@Negrek Elyvorg did an unvote against me, iirc. And some of those votes seem a little off. Didn't Tanuki target DW?

And I suppose with that in mind, I'll make a tentative vote for Sike until she can get back to defend herself. Thanks to the extra three hours, I should have time to reevaluate things if I want to go for DW as well, or something.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
Yeah, I'm definitely on no-vote right now, though I do intend to pick someone to vote for once Sike's spoken up about this.

(My condolences to all the people who somehow have to catch up on all this madness.)

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
I'm going to retract my vote for now, in light of everything that has been said.

I'm still suspicious of Tanuki and Sike for both role claiming so quickly. I think I'm leaning towards voting Sike out. I'm also suspicious of Persephone for being the first one to throw dirt on me; I'm wondering if they know my role and are aligned with mafia and trying to get me out. Though, admittedly, they might have done that just to get the ball rolling (I'm also someone who likes to get the ball rolling, which is why I wanted to jail on the first night and jumped right aboard with accusing Namohysip ^_^;).

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
So, apparently Jen chose one of the worst times to get a migraine and try to nap it off.
]]

Okay, I want to get this done quickly so my reasoning will all be ooc. By the time of my last post, my biggest candidates for lynching were SparklingAurate and Namo. SparklingAurate because not only have they been inactive, but their post after everything was settled struck me as the most scummy of all the inactives. Namo because of his “divide-the-healer” suggestion that leaves us vulnerable to mafia roleblocking and some misgivings of his Day 1 behavior in light of that.

I’m not for lynching SparklingAurate anymore. Others look way more suspicious.

I… really don’t know what to make of Espeon’s reveal that she only saw DawningWinds on Chibi Pika before they were taken out last night. The swapping makes everything more complicated and afasdfasdf. Other people have talked about it and how Sike and DawningWinds are implicated. If we go that route, I know what I said earlier but I’m more inclined to go for DawningWinds than Sike. Sike just strikes me as less suspicious right now.

Namo. His vague roleclaim didn’t comfort me at all last night. And I have to admit that when he confessed to being an odd-numbered vigilante my first reaction was “well ain’t that convenient”. I don’t know, if that's a thing someone tell me, but it is very convenient. I assumed there was no vigilante when only one person died last night and no one the first, so that roleclaim would be safer than others, and with being a vigilgante that can strike only every other day we couldn't expect Namo to prove himself until N3. I know I was on the no-lynch train Day 1, but if I was vigilante, yes, I’d target someone. By N1 we’d have information about how people were reacting. Namo also talked about how we just might want to lynch Espeon to get her out of the game today, but in Discord Espeon said how she was thinking of dropping out during Night 1. Namo knew that, so why not target her N1 so at least we’d not have to spend a day lynching her? Even if he didn't think of it, why not leave her until N3? He says he's going to play conservatively so he can remove her then if he doesn't have another target. That way, she can keep giving information and we don't have to waste a day.

The only thing that brings me to Namo’s side is that he is being very, very, very suspicious. Very suspicious. But some of this stuff like the divide-the-healer suggestion is small enough that I still feel like they're possible to be purposeful ploys. We only caught onto that when Elyvorg realized it during another disagreement, remember.

I'm not 100% sure, but either way I still think lynching Namo would work out the best for us out of every other candidate for lynching. If he’s guilty, from his “split the healer” suggestion we’d know there’s probably a mafia roleblocker we have to look out for. I also admit to being suspicious of Tanuki’s behavior. If Namo flips guilty, I think we should question him more. If Namo flips innocent, I’m more inclined to think that Tanuki’s okay.

Beyond that, if we mis-lynch, I’d much rather lose an odd-numbered vigilante than a swapper, healer, or info role. We'd also get way more info lynching Namo than picking an inactive.

All that said:

[[
The nap didn’t even get rid of the migraine. And everything that was happening was bringing it back. Jen pressed his palms against his eyes, trying to think.

Charizard announced he was an odd-numbered vigilante. An odd-numbered vigilante. What the hell was that? And really convenient too. Sorry, I can’t target anyone tonight. And tomorrow night: Drat, one of the healers must have protected my target or a swap messed things up. All while he was picking off innocents each night. Yeah, sure. Cool story, bro.

“I vote for Charizard((/Diyem/Namo)).” Jen rubbed his temples. He’d just have to work through this. No more naps. “Question Wobbufet and Finar tomorrow, but he’s way more suspicious.”
]]

Jen’s more certain than I am, but yeah. I’ll be around and able to change my vote if something comes up, but for now that’s what I’m going with.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[ You aren't sure what's going on. That's normal.

You don't think anyone else knows what's going on. That's not normal.

If only Cuicatl were here. If nothing else she could tell you if the Espurr is actually psychic. Which of course it is. It's an espurr, duh.

Then... well, the evil guy is calling for your death. You can't tell if that means you're doing something right or something wrong... ]]

Retracting my vote until Sike speaks. Frankly I've read this thread twice and still can't say I understand what's going on. I would feel much better casting a vote after Sike speaks up and more experienced players than I can analyze it.

At Starlight: Yes, I cast doubts in my first substantive post. Admitted. I thought it would be unhelpful and suspicious to come into the game and not give my thoughts, meager as they were. At the time I thought that the double healer claim, while tactically unwise, cleared the claimed roles and explained what went down well enough. That left suspicion in two places: Inactives who I couldn't get a read on at all (I just tossed your name out as the first that came to mind when I was writing the post but your later silence did nothing to help my thoughts) and the one active I could get half a read on that leaned 'suspicious'.

Not sure how I feel about Namo now. Vigilante is an easy role to claim, the Espy daykill strategy seems ill-advised but maybe genuinely from a place of confusion (which at this point I can empathize with), but the above analysis seems sound.

In any event I just want a little more clarity before this slog of a day comes to an end.

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
I’m not for lynching SparklingAurate anymore. Others look way more suspicious.
Are you referring to me or Sparkling Espeon? Or have we combined into a single entity? :P

Persephone: fair enough. I've been staying quiet even when popping in and out because I wanted to thoroughly read through everything before presenting my thoughts but this thread has been moving so quickly that I wasn't able to do that (and have now given up on trying to lol).

So wait wait wait, I'm trying to get a hold of what has happened or at least who claimed what.

Night 0:
- No one died
- Sike claims to protect Sparkling Espeon
- Dawning Winds claimed to have swapped Sparkling Espeon and Chibi

Night 1:
- Chibi died
- Sike claims to protect Chibi
- Sparkling Espeon claims to have Seen Dawning Winds perform an action on Chibi
- Dawning Winds claims to have switched Chibi and qva

Tanuki is claiming to be a doctor during the game but hasn't said actions.
Namohysip claims to be a vigilante but also hasn't said actions.

Okay so I thiiiiink that's what's happened so far? I tried to make the best sense of everyone's claims as I could. I probably missed something in this mess haha. Thoughts?

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Tanuki is claiming to be a doctor during the game but hasn't said actions.
aiui he inherited his role upon chibi’s death last night, so he hasn’t had the chance to use his role yet.

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
My thoughts: Sparkling Espeon's story corroborates Dawning Winds's. But then the intended target would have been qva. I would have thought they would go after Chibi, since Chibi is good at this game (at least that's what I can tell from looking at last year's thread). If Dawning Winds swapped Chibi and Sparkling Espeon Night 0, then Chibi was the first target. Maybe Sike is lying and didn't protect Chibi, or Chibi was strongman'd?

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
i still don’t really know where i’m at, but i’ll say i’m not sure namo is a good lynch. of course i understand the suspicion as the person who started his wagon in the first place and has done most of the testifying against him, but i think his roleclaim isn’t particularly suspicious and his story pretty much adds up. i don’t really like his play but can see it being genuinely town. if he’s telling the truth, his power is also fairly useful for us. i think we should attempt to sort the information espy provided, and vote for one of sike/dw.

on that matter, i don’t really know who to go for. i feel worse about sike vibes-wise, but her early claim was implausibly bold for a wolf, i think. meanwhile, i really like dw’s play—they feel really solvy and sincere to me, and their logic always tracks imo. i don’t really know who the better lynch is, and might prefer to let the lynch rand if possible. i don’t really want to lynch either of them, but i think it would clarify the information we have and i’d rather do that than shoot in the dark again or go for namo.

... that said, if we shoot randomly into the pool of people who i fee null about (starlight/persephone/dragonfree/nonanalogue/windskull/equitia), the odds of hitting scum are pretty good. imo there’s probably at most one wolf among elyvorg/me/namo/tanuki/sike/dw, so that makes the odds of hitting scum in my null pile, like... what, 1/3? not bad at all honestly. we could probably file it down even further to improve our odds. i might come back to this later.

Top Bottom