• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Of course make your own reads if you will, Waffle. But if you're not, consider that even DW thinks I'm innocent.
Yes, I think you're innocent, but I'm not one hundred percent certain. You could still be scheming with Tanuki so long as both of you are alive, and if Tanuki flips scum, it continues to remain possible. You could be a Rolecop and used that to pick your flavor name. Tanuki could've actually blocked someone else. Is this likely? Not even remotely. The point is, nobody's alignment is EVER 100% confirmed unless the host says they are, so you should never blindly follow someone else's reads (if they have a good point that you like, yes, go ahead, sheeping that particular read is fine, if you just think they're town, no don't), and you should never assume such.

Additonally, even if you're Mason buddies with a veteran player, they are not infallible. Nobody is, so you should not be expecting people to treat your readlist as the authority on who they should and shouldn't doc.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Yes, I think you're innocent, but I'm not one hundred percent certain. You could still be scheming with Tanuki so long as both of you are alive, and if Tanuki flips scum, it continues to remain possible. You could be a Rolecop and used that to pick your flavor name. Tanuki could've actually blocked someone else. Is this likely? Not even remotely. The point is, nobody's alignment is EVER 100% confirmed unless the host says they are, so you should never blindly follow someone else's reads (if they have a good point that you like, yes, go ahead, sheeping that particular read is fine, if you just think they're town, no don't), and you should never assume such.

Additonally, even if you're Mason buddies with a veteran player, they are not infallible. Nobody is, so you should not be expecting people to treat your readlist as the authority on who they should and shouldn't doc.
EquitIa was just trying to be helpful to the newcomer. Like, chill.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

I'm town. I'd rather have Waffle (if she's a doctor) heal someone than have her not. I'd also rather have her heal someone I think is safe rather than guess randomly. Waffle doesn't have to treat my word as the authority. I'd rather they do their own, but from what I gleaned they're in over their head and not paying much attention. So I want them to make a guess from something.

Also, I encourage all players to make scumlists.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Did not mean to come off as rude. I get that Equitia was trying to be helpful, but I was trying to point out that telling Waffle just to use his readslist to make his decisions should not be helpful from Waffle's perspective. Considering other people's reads is fine, but just following someone you think is town is probably not a good idea. Probably came on too strong with that, though.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
You could still be scheming with Tanuki so long as both of you are alive, and if Tanuki flips scum, it continues to remain possible. You could be a Rolecop and used that to pick your flavor name.
I think TanukiEquitia mafia is the funniest fucking timeline possible. It feels the least likely, but somehow makes so much sense. It’s my all eggs in one basket strategy put to the extreme.

Incriminate EVERY SINGLE other member of the Mafia to clear Equitia. I wish I could say it was true, but alas, I’m town.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
EquitIa was just trying to be helpful to the newcomer. Like, chill.

I interpreted this as wanting Mafia to be played correctly, which I can respect even if I disagree I did anything wrong in this circumstance.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Although, if you think I’m mafia, me saying it’s false means it’s true, which makes this even more hilarious to me.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I'm town. I'd rather have Waffle (if she's a doctor) heal someone than have her not. I'd also rather have her heal someone I think is safe rather than guess randomly. Waffle doesn't have to treat my word as the authority. I'd rather they do their own, but from what I gleaned they're in over their head and not paying much attention. So I want them to make a guess from something.
Depending on if they on, choose an innocent person on the appropriate list
This sort of came off to me as telling Waffle that your word was god on who she should target.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Me and Equitia are mafia husbands. I lied about my roleclaim: we’re both lovers. I made up the roleblock based off Equitia’s timeline. It’s all a lie and you all will die under the rule of our love.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I think TanukiEquitia mafia is the funniest fucking timeline possible. It feels the least likely, but somehow makes so much sense. It’s my all eggs in one basket strategy put to the extreme.

Incriminate EVERY SINGLE other member of the Mafia to clear Equitia. I wish I could say it was true, but alas, I’m town.

that's funny Tanuki but declaring our plan feels a bit too ballsy, don't you think

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
ah shit I meant to post that in scumchat

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
This sort of came off to me as telling Waffle that your word was god on who she should target.

Sorry, I can see that. I guess I just kind of went with I was the player people thought was most innocent.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Okay, so back on track, I really have no idea why Fuse is keeping his role secret. It seems so much like he was trying to play under the radar agent for way too long. I’m more confident he’s mafia than I am Perse is at this point. I’d vote him if my life wasn’t on the ballot.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Fellas... things may have gotten more complicated. 1602798466240.png
(Posted from the TR discord with Starlight's Permission)

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Fellas... things may have gotten more complicated. View attachment 425
(Posted from the TR discord with Starlight's Permission)

Honestly, I never believed the mafia refrained.

I feel like the three possibilities are 1) Phantump didn't get informed because DW roleblocked them, 2) Fuse blocked the kill somehow who knows, or 3) DW is telling the truth and they stopped it (but DW feels incredibly scummy to me)

Top Bottom