• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Meanwhile, Fry also appreciates Mango's ideas. Even if she isn't right she seems good. Bless Mango (Hellow Yellow)
BLESS/CURSE overflow has been resolved via PM. Rui (HelloYellow) was chosen.

Rui has been BLESSED.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"We're not shooting blindly!" Mademoiselle snapped. "We have narrowed down a pool of potential options to eliminate, even if we are uncertain. What if nothing changes tomorrow? What if you're just as uncertain then as you are now? Will you still abstain because you're 'unsure'?"
Rui winced at her tone. Gods, this was stressful. Perhaps Madamoiselle had a point—they could still be just as unsure tomorrow, and one way or another, they could get some information by voting for someone today. But still, three people…
Fry would like to point out he is more than open to some good arguments, he simply hasn't heard anything strong yet. However, he has some ideas for tomorrow, and plans to try to do something to help. He is nocturnal after all. If someone has some good reasons to try to get rid of someone today, he's still interested.
She relaxed a little at this. Mango made some good points. “I agree with Mango. I…I’d be still willing to vote if someone can present a good argument. As of right now, I’m just not sure. Who do you want to vote for today, ma’am? And why?”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
BLESS/CURSE overflow has been resolved via PM. Rui (HelloYellow) was chosen.

Rui has been BLESSED.

[[Oh noooo, Guzma's going to be so jealous]]

She relaxed a little at this. Mango made some good points. “I agree with Mango. I…I’d be still willing to vote if someone can present a good argument. As of right now, I’m just not sure. Who do you want to vote for today, ma’am? And why?”

"I will wait to see what the phantom voice has to say for itself before I cast any further judgements," Mademoiselle declared. "There are many variables at play here and I wish to give myself a more solid foundation before I make my choice."

[["Phantom voice" is DW btw, this is me just contextualising them not having a character and not participating in roleplay.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
am slightly leery of their claim of having something that isn't "role-madnessy" for reasons I will explain later.
I'm not sure what your reasons is, so I can do nothing about this.

Other points against me include my non-role-madnessy role making me the most ideal of all remaining targets regardless of if I'm town... which I can't do anything about.

And "I haven't done much but accuse people without much evidence". Dude, it's Day 1, you're never gonna have a ton of evidence on Day 1. But accusing people using what you *do* see as evidence is an opportunity to see them respond and help form reads on them. Jackie, for example, never really responded to my vote on them, just "this is pretty consistent with DW's town play". Now I know I'm beinga tad hypocritical here, but I kinda would've liked to see them try and retort against some of the points I made, even if nobody really sees my points as good as least having them say that they think my reasoning is nonsense (and why they think it is) would be nice, and the fact that I don't recall them ever attempting to do so is partly why I haven't moved.

I don't recall any other points I don't think.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"We're not shooting blindly!" Mademoiselle snapped. "We have narrowed down a pool of potential options to eliminate, even if we are uncertain. What if nothing changes tomorrow? What if you're just as uncertain then as you are now? Will you still abstain because you're 'unsure'?"

[[Not liking the move to abstain. Feels like the worse possible option at this point. Even with an accidental mislynch, we still get information out of it. Safest options now are DW, Q and possibly (?) Sind. I'm still side-eyeing Abra but I'd rather not lynch the Doctor, even if she is very likely to be targeted this night. Want to see DW's response before I cast any votes, however.]]
Steven turned to face Mademoiselle. "Things will change tomorrow. We will have one more player mechanically confirmed Town. And..." he hated this part, "and even if no one dies in the night, we will know that attacks were thwarted again."

"In all honesty, the current fear of voting tonight is with the known alternate win-con of a night shot + lynch being a possibility, I do not like that the only person in this game who knows the identity of the second person to be shot last night is you."

Steven found it odd to be facing down a death god with such a bargain, but he was not willing to let a misinformed vote end the game for everyone. He cleared his throat. "I will vote for someone on your list of suspects if you can prove to me that they are not your buddy and were not the person who was shot last night."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[ or consider... healing people at night.

Hardclaiming Doc. Didnt wanna do it so early, damn it, but I'm not letting you guys get rid of good protection ]]
[[Okay so you start getting sus’d and immediately claim Doctor, a role you should probably NOT claim? Side eyeing, hard. Won’t risk a vote, but kek

PRO-TOWN
This category is here to cover players who seem to have Town's best interests at heart but don't have much backing them up from a mechanical standpoint, AKA, the ~vibes~ category. I will also be placing pro-town Third-parties here.
  • Amy—I was originally going to say something else here and then the Alien claim happened but he was still in this category, so nothing really changes. I'm inclined to believe Equi here based on play as his posts come off as insightful and wanting to help Town.
  • Guzma—Feels like a genuine attempt to play aggro town, am inclined to trust for the time being.
  • DawningWinds—Don't agree with all their takes but seems to have Town's best interest in mind. I am slightly leery of their claim of having something that isn't "role-madnessy" for reasons I will explain later.
  • Salem—Even though more lowkey than others listed here, does feel pro-town compared to the others listed below her
Safest options now are DW, Q and possibly (?) Sind.
[[Wanna know what changed between this morning and now lol. More for me than DW because I haven’t said a goddamn word today.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem rubbed her arms uncomfortably. It was fun to catch someone being suspicious, but not so much when you couldn't decide who seemed like a bad guy. And she was having trouble with that.

1633032135435.png"Seeing as everyone has important roles this game, it might be better to abstain," she said, hesitantly, "but it also gives us the least useful information to go off of the next day. It's a trade-off. Less risk means less reward. If we catch a killer tonight, we get closer to winning. If we don't catch a killer, we can look at who voted for or against, and when, and try to see if that makes them look bad."

She mewled under her breath, wishing Dusk was here. She knew how to really pressure people. Everyone was just so hung up on this idea of two deaths per night...

1633032254713.png "H-hey!" she shouted. "Everyone keeps talking like we know there'll be two kills every night! But if we have a serial killer in a game this small, they can probably only kill someone every odd night, and they're trying to kill mafia just the same as town is! It's not nearly as scary for town right now as everyone seems to think! We should be trying to catch bad guys now, or it'll get harder and harder to vote for them when there's more of them relative to town!"

She growled quietly to herself, pondering her choices. She was impressed by what [[Kyeugh]] had said, about [[Equi]] arguing in favour of looking unsuspicious. That was smart, to notice how weird that was. But then, maybe an 'alien' would play weirdly. It must be weird to be one of them. Hmm.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Not only was Guzma jealous, he was very hurt. 🥲
If you check your pockets, you will find they contain more band-aids. In fact, your pockets are overflowing with band-aids.

But, nothing can ease the wound in your heart.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
I'm not sure what your reasons is, so I can do nothing about this.

Other points against me include my non-role-madnessy role making me the most ideal of all remaining targets regardless of if I'm town... which I can't do anything about.

And "I haven't done much but accuse people without much evidence". Dude, it's Day 1, you're never gonna have a ton of evidence on Day 1. But accusing people using what you *do* see as evidence is an opportunity to see them respond and help form reads on them. Jackie, for example, never really responded to my vote on them, just "this is pretty consistent with DW's town play". Now I know I'm beinga tad hypocritical here, but I kinda would've liked to see them try and retort against some of the points I made, even if nobody really sees my points as good as least having them say that they think my reasoning is nonsense (and why they think it is) would be nice, and the fact that I don't recall them ever attempting to do so is partly why I haven't moved.

I don't recall any other points I don't think.
[[I'm not sure about sussing uA on the basis of them solving the mystery of the Morse message. Would it benefit Mafia in any way to decipher a coded message sent to a player that they *knew* wasn't part of their group? I'm not sure mafia would offer to be helpful in that circumstance. But, stranger things have happened. uA has also claimed to have a role that is "not useful yet". I'm not sure what sort of powers are time-delayed, and are those roles typically in a scum alignment? In any case, there's several other players who have contributed far less to solving any of the mysteries in this game, and uA is not one of them.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I kinda would've liked to see them try and retort against some of the points I made,

[[I made plenty of statements defending myself, explaining the thought process behind my speculation, and I've dropped enough hints about why and how I'm useful to town that frankly I'm worried about having come off as more of a threat to scum than I actually am. Anyway, I'm not too worried about you. The result of your habit of flinging votes about on day one without much conviction every game is that I don't really care about your exploratory votes. I don't think you have similar opinions to me about how to play town, and I don't think I'm going to convince you. That's fine. I'm responding to let everyone else know that's what I think. Basically, so long as people aren't following your train, I'm fine with ignoring your votes on me. I know I can prove myself town given a day phase or two, and if that's when you coome around to trusting me, that's good enough for me.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
She was impressed by what [[Kyeugh]] had said, about [[Equi]] arguing in favour of looking unsuspicious. That was smart, to notice how weird that was. But then, maybe an 'alien' would play weirdly. It must be weird to be one of them. Hmm.

Actually I’m just weird in general

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“It’s not so much that you lack evidence, but the fact that you seem really determined to vote someone out and you haven’t listened when other people tried to defend them,” Rui pointed out.

“At first I thought you were just trying to put pressure on people to get information, but then…you didn’t change your mind. I’m not sure about Salem, not fully, but…I think I can trust her? I don’t have a bad feeling about her, at least! And she’s been really helpful!” She shot a smile to the feline.

“I understand wanting to get more information. But even if you really are innocent, I think your methods have the potential to be more harmful than good.”

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I'm not sure about sussing uA on the basis of them solving the mystery of the Morse message. Would it benefit Mafia in any way to decipher a coded message sent to a player that they *knew* wasn't part of their group? I'm not sure mafia would offer to be helpful in that circumstance. But, stranger things have happened. uA has also claimed to have a role that is "not useful yet". I'm not sure what sort of powers are time-delayed, and are those roles typically in a scum alignment? In any case, there's several other players who have contributed far less to solving any of the mysteries in this game, and uA is not one of them.]]
Scum could know the message would get deciphered anyone once people figured out that it was morse. I figure doing it for town cred isn't unrealistic, so...
Frankly I can't think of a whole lot of time delayed roles either, except the ones in the second anni game, where scum did have one. But I'm prolly not thinking outside the box enough because my role leaves me with no clue what to expect from other roles this game anyhow.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I made plenty of statements defending myself, explaining the thought process behind my speculation, and I've dropped enough hints about why and how I'm useful to town that frankly I'm worried about having come off as more of a threat to scum than I actually am. Anyway, I'm not too worried about you. The result of your habit of flinging votes about on day one without much conviction every game is that I don't really care about your exploratory votes. I don't think you have similar opinions to me about how to play town, and I don't think I'm going to convince you. That's fine. I'm responding to let everyone else know that's what I think. Basically, so long as people aren't following your train, I'm fine with ignoring your votes on me. I know I can prove myself town given a day phase or two, and if that's when you coome around to trusting me, that's good enough for me.]]
...That's actually fair.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Steven found it odd to be facing down a death god with such a bargain, but he was not willing to let a misinformed vote end the game for everyone. He cleared his throat. "I will vote for someone on your list of suspects if you can prove to me that they are not your buddy and were not the person who was shot last night."

Mademoiselle tilted her head, sounding genuinely confused. "I already told you that that protection came from myself, not my partner. If my partner was a so-called 'alien' who was activated why would I be trying to lynch them, especially if I have reason to trust them?"

[[Wanna know what changed between this morning and now lol. More for me than DW because I haven’t said a goddamn word today.]]

[[Really just process of elimination at this point. It's not a strong ground to stand on but it's something for now. I know it sounds dumb for me to be all like "we shouldn't abstain today" only for others to ask me "who and why" only for me to fall back on PoE, however, with how strong some players were coming off today (+mechanical evidence) it doesn't feel as risky as it otherwise would.]]

Top Bottom