• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ Do we know for sure there's a third party? I know it was mentioned in the intro post, but not guaranteed, right? ]]
[[Nah we don’t, but two shots strongly implies there is one!

As far as I'm concerned, a third party with a buddy is another scumteam.
[[Fair enough. Although…it’s possible someone is buddies with a third party and doesn’t know it. After all, Blu said people didn’t have to be truthful with their buddies! So we really could have an innocent that’s paired with scum/third party.]]

Fry thinks this is crazy. He wonders if maybe someone was able to switch something during the night and trick someone?

“Ohhh…” Rui thought for a moment. “Maybe! I didn’t think of that!”

Then she paused. Had she…somehow just communicated with this Pokémon without words? She looked down at him and grinned. Maybe her aura powers were working in other ways in this dream? She had no idea, but she’d take it.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Oh! Palkia remembered this game: Mafia! He had played it a couple times back when humans still existed... thousands of years ago. So he might not remember everything, or even know everything if the rules had changed, but he was sure he could be of some use.

“Okay, so…” she spoke slowly, trying to wrap her head around everything. “We might be dealing with four bad guys? And two people were attacked last night? Was anyone else attacked? I…don’t know what to think about everything…”

"Four mafia? That's kind of... a lot, isn't it? There's twelve of us here, I think. So, if we assume the double shooting thing is them... Ignoring abilities, two people would get killed every night. They'd be able to even it out in only two night phases. Uh, my math might be wrong. But that's really worrying, if it's true." He shrugged. "This all banks on assumptions, though. We don't know how many there are."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ freakin sniped lmao ]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
They'd be able to even it out in only two night phases.

"If there are two killer teams, they'd have to take out each other as well, right?"

Salem scratched her ear unhappily.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"If there are two killer teams, they'd have to take out each other as well, right?"

Palkia nodded thoughtfully while he chewed the sandwich. "Mm... you're right. Three nights, then. That's still really fast."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle threw her head back. "It could be very likely that someone tampered with something, causing both killers to come knocking at my door but the result is the same. We can't be certain at the presence of these so-called 'Third-parties' but we shouldn't disregard that possibility." She studied the strange purrloin. "While I am unfamiliar with these sorts of games, something is telling me that this "Mafia" normally has a private line of communication. While it may be possible that the Mafia are instead communicating through this 'buddy system', none of us can be truly certain of our buddies' alignments. So, I think it is more likely that Mafia are communicating through that line while also hiding within this 'buddy system'."

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd

Salem scratched her ear unhappily.
perhaps not, if their wincon is just to outnumber everyone else

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry decided to wandered over to where the skeleton was flipping extreme tasty smelling disks. Maybe he could get one, and think about who might be in a Bad Pack.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Fry decided to wandered over to where the skeleton was flipping extreme tasty smelling disks. Maybe he could get one, and think about who might be in a Bad Pack.

sans offers Fry a fresh pack of french fries whilst the burgs continue to cook. "here you go, little buddy. enjoy."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"U-um...I..." Gen stammered, as he tried to think of what to say. He barely had any idea what was going on, and everyone was talking about so many different things, and it was so scary.

He began waddling towards the skeleton, one of the only people here he'd spent any time with before everything became so scary.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
He began waddling towards the skeleton, one of the only people here he'd spent any time with before everything became so scary.
"hey there, buddy," said sans, waving as Gen approached. "you doing ok? got some tasty burgs cooking if that's your kind of thing."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"N-no," Gen said, eyes wide with fear. "I-I'm really scared..."

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"N-no," Gen said, eyes wide with fear. "I-I'm really scared..."
"hey now," said sans, leaning down to talk with Gen. "you're gonna be ok. you've got your new buddy, and you've got uncle sans here too," he says, winking. "you won't need to worry unless you've been trying to kill people, right?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Sortof annoyed that it doesn't seem like folks are getting the idea of 'two scumteams'. They wouldn't be allied to each other. It's an elegant possibility, albeit by no means certain. Anyway, if my hypothesis is right, and leaving aside how scum could end up in buddy systems when their scumbuddies die, then scum are incentivised to murder the enemy scumteam, slowing the game down. More like five nights, which sounds about right.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Sortof annoyed that it doesn't seem like folks are getting the idea of 'two scumteams'. They wouldn't be allied to each other. It's an elegant possibility, albeit by no means certain. Anyway, if my hypothesis is right, and leaving aside how scum could end up in buddy systems when their scumbuddies die, then scum are incentivised to murder the enemy scumteam, slowing the game down. More like five nights, which sounds about right.]]
Fry's ear twitches, but he continue to consume his fry. The Standing Cat has a point, multiple Bad Packs seemed reasonable enough.

But the most important question was, who was in the Bad Groups? Some of the people he'd seen yesterday still had not woken up yet it seemed. Maybe they had important information to share.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Sortof annoyed that it doesn't seem like folks are getting the idea of 'two scumteams'. They wouldn't be allied to each other. It's an elegant possibility, albeit by no means certain. Anyway, if my hypothesis is right, and leaving aside how scum could end up in buddy systems when their scumbuddies die, then scum are incentivised to murder the enemy scumteam, slowing the game down. More like five nights, which sounds about right.]]
[[ ok ok sorry. But hmmmm. Maybe I'm thinking from my own weird perspective, but wouldnt two mafia teams be more going for a standard goal, which is getting rid of us? This isnt counting votes and stuff, because. how do you even predict those, yknow. ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Nah. One pair of scum, and a second pair of scum. It's a little like having a scumteam and an SK in vanilla. As far as I'm concerned, a third party with a buddy is another scumteam. It's my working assumption for now.]]

Ah. Other possibility I guess.

Fry thinks this is crazy. He wonders if maybe someone was able to switch something during the night and trick someone?

[[
Amy tilted her head, considering. "But wouldn't the result he same amount of unlikely. It's hard to tell right now at least how many people with helpful powers are in this game. Maybe someone with a power did something, but I'm not sure I'd want them to come out right now. And I don't think there's much point if all we can do is speculate.

"But..." Amy bit her lip, thinking again. "But if there are two people have the ability to shoot people, maybe we have a bunch of healing powers in this game. Already two people who were Bullet-proof have popped up, right in the beginning."
]]

[[Fair enough. Although…it’s possible someone is buddies with a third party and doesn’t know it. After all, Blu said people didn’t have to be truthful with their buddies! So we really could have an innocent that’s paired with scum/third party.]]

If I were scum, to be fair, I'd be very nervous about the idea of revealing myself to a Townie. Sure, the Townie has incetive to not rat us out... but why take the risk.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry finishes off a a french fry before contemplating something else. Could a townie have accidentally shot the wrong person?

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I don't think so. It's really unusual for vigilantes to get to shoot on N0, unless they're oneshot, in which case you'd think they wouldn't waste it.]]

Top Bottom