• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Thanks. Now, others might not agree with my risk assessment here, but besides being generally sus of Bart and persuaded that we might have a mafia doc, I feel much more at ease losing a townie who's admitted to poor play who basically rolls Russian Roulette every night than I do losing a genuinely harmless absent vanilla townie. So, I think he's scum, but if he isn't, and we avoid a healer clash down the road, it's not so bad.]]
[[Good logic. I havent agreed with any of Equi's protection logic so I'll go with this.

VOTE: Equi/Bart]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
naughty Kent!)

Kent turned to look at where those words had come from. "Huh? What're you calling me 'naughty' for?" He giggled again. "That could mean a number of things, you know!"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
we might have two living town docs
[[Woah, two town Docs? So three total? Was this possibility brought up before and I just missed it? I’d be shocked if we had three doctors but idk who knows anymore]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Kent turned to look at where those words had come from. "Huh? What're you calling me 'naughty' for?" He giggled again. "That could mean a number of things, you know!"
[[I don't want to waste my time on a reprobate bully,]] scoffed the Voice. [[You know And if your intimate proclivities lean kinky, it's none of our business. Are you even developmentally mature? Good lord.]]

[[Woah, two town Docs? So three total? Was this possibility brought up before and I just missed it? I’d be shocked if we had three doctors but idk who knows anymore]]
[[That was the setup last game, which is the only heal clash game I've been in, and that had a similar player count. It's possible Namo based the balance of this game on that one, you know? Anyway, if we only have one town doc I'm even more keen to get rid of this guy 'cause if he's scum it means the solo doc can heal away without clashing. And if we have one town doc and it's him... Then still no clashing. Never more than one death per night. It's two deaths per night that really scares me, you see.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[That was the setup last game, which is the only heal clash game I've been in, and that had a similar player count. It's possible Namo based the balance of this game on that one, you know? Anyway, if we only have one town doc I'm even more keen to get rid of this guy 'cause if he's scum it means the solo doc can heal away without clashing. And if we have one town doc and it's him... Then still no clashing. Never more than one death per night. It's two deaths per night that really scares me, you see.]]
[[That last bit raises some very good points, actually! If we do have a mafia doc, which I think is likely, narrowing things down to one doc will basically take away their power. Heal clash really is the worst and it’s worth taking a risk to get rid of it.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Then still no clashing. Never more than one death per night. It's two deaths per night that really scares me, you see.]]
[[Sadly once they start picking off our lovers its over. We are living on borrowed time :(( ]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[I don't want to waste my time on a reprobate bully,]] scoffed the Voice. [[You know full well why you were under such heavy suspicion. And if your intimate proclivities lean kinky, it's none of our business. Are you even developmentally mature? Good lord.]]

Kent paused, taken aback by the Voice's response. "Sheesh, alright. Can't even make a joke around here without getting my ass hounded for it." He frowned. "And what a way to call me r--" He stopped himself, remembering what had happened on the previous day phase. "Stupid. Damn."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Kent paused, taken aback by the Voice's response. "Sheesh, alright. Can't even make a joke around here without getting my ass hounded for it." He frowned. "And what a way to call me r--" He stopped himself, remembering what had happened on the previous day phase. "Stupid. Damn."
[[I was actually suggesting you might be underage. But tell on yourself if you like, I won't stop you.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

"Well then," Hana said pointedly. "Moving on to focus on whats important, does anyone else have any defenses, suspects or thoughts to share?" She shot Kent a meaningful look.

"Any thoughts on this debacle? Even as a beginner your input still matters. The best way to learn is to try to make inferences of your own."

[[I know mafia can be intimidating but dont feel like you have nothing to contribute. Try to make some judgements or thoughts of your own! :quag:
(y)
Pressing people, asking questions when you're confused, even if you want to do all that IC thats good, but the best way to learn is to keep trying]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ebony paced restlessly in front of the weird Rotom inside the yellow video game, kicking up sand with each step.

"If you're on our team then your should be trying to help us! If you know that you're a good healer, then you should be trying to help us find the bad healer. That's how this GOES! And if you're not doing that, then you're just not very good a being a good guy."

"I know who the good healer is. And it's NOT because I used my powers! I figured it out. But I'm really bad at seeing 'hints' like that. You're really good at it, though! And you're smart, so you must know. Aren't you suspicious of them? Shouldn't you be trying to find out if they're bad? Or is there no point because you already KNOW they're good."

At this point she sat down and curled her tail around herself. "My Voice told me that bad guys always care about telling you that they're not bad, and they never care about helping you find who's actually bad. They don't care about giving away secrets because they already know that the bad guys know them. They can't pretend to not know the things that they know."

And yet. Despite it all. She was scared. Her team was trusting her to get it right. Her TEAM.

Ebony stood up and paced back over to Jean and leaned her head against the Vulpix-human's arm. Her friend, who'd comforted her earlier.

"You seem really smart. I trust you. Pretend I hadn't said anything! If--if you were just looking at what Bart said and nothing else... What do you think?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[I was actually suggesting you might be underage. But tell on yourself if you like, I won't stop you.]]

"How dare you! I'll have you know that I am an adult--"

[[ no, I think the other voice was referring to me? I am underage. ]]

Kent briefly glanced skywards. "You... have an age? So you're not just a voice?"

[[ can't answer that. ]]

"Any thoughts on this debacle? Even as a beginner your input still matters. The best way to learn is to try to make inferences of your own."

[[I know mafia can be intimidating but dont feel like you have nothing to contribute. Try to make some judgements or thoughts of your own!

After a few seconds, he turned to Hana.

"Hmm. I dunno. I mean, I have some suspicions and all, but..." He shrugged. "Knwoing the shit I've been up to, nobody would listen to me."

[[ yeah I'm a noob and not exactly the most persuasive lol ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"I know who the good healer is. And it's NOT because I used my powers! I figured it out. But I'm really bad at seeing 'hints' like that. You're really good at it, though! And you're smart, so you must know. Aren't you suspicious of them? Shouldn't you be trying to find out if they're bad? Or is there no point because you already KNOW they're good."

The Nintendo hung in midair. Not a micrometer of movement, from neither console nor stylus. Slowly, the screens began to dim, but before they could go out entirely:

BARTHOLOMEW:
--oh!!! now i see who ur talking about
--good news--prob no Mafia Doctor here!
--and i feel better if i do get lynched
--bc I'm not the only one standing between Townie and certain death!!!
--and also
--that means according to our count before, the number of Mafia power roles is about, uh...
--zero
--that sounds weird
--so vote Captian Sparkley :DDDD
--and please look at Fancyson or Screm Fox before you die plz thnx

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Can we at least get you on board the plan to purge heal clash and sus behaviour by sacrificing the games console?

[[ oh yeah lol ]]

"That thing? Oh, for sure, I'll vote. It was annoying anyways. I mean, can't we just throw it in the water and like, short-circuit it...?"

VOTE: Bart (Equitial)

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ yeah I'm a noob and not exactly the most persuasive lol ]]
Hana's Voice whispered something to her, in a voice to low to hear. She nodded in understanding before speaking.

"Never too late to start," Hana pointed out. "As long as you're not insisting you're a genius or always right, but just making genuine effort, I think people will forgive."

[[So yeah its ok! sure you made missteps in the beginning, you were really into the RP! but its good to remember this is still competitive. The best thing you can do now is own up (no shame, no one is perfect and this game is genuinely very challenging!) and press on from here on out!(y)

And hey, you can still RP as Kent trying to solve the game with the help of his Voice.

We're pretty set for this Day on votes I think but this is just help for the future or other games. :quag:

If we survive llLOllll]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Voting priority according to Cat Voice]]

Bart
Sparkleglimmer
Astrid
Reme

[[If the game isn't over by this point and/or Bart flips town, then start looking more closely at the townier reads. But I think this votelist contains all scum, most likely.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Voting priority according to Cat Voice]]

[[If the game isn't over by this point and/or Bart flips town, then start looking more closely at the townier reads. But I think this votelist contains all scum, most likely.]]

[[
Anti, our Cop, cleared Reme.

They're innocent.
]]

Regarding whether Inkedust might actually be mafia: it is true that she's kind of a weird mafia target, but I do want to point out that at least on TCoD, the mafia often go for nightkill targets that are unlikely to be targeted by doctors, rather than risk zero kills? Either way, though, we want her gone regardless.]]

[[
Hey, Dragonfree. Since Mafia did target Inke, who left in this game also plays Mafia on TCoD?
]]

Top Bottom