• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"I'm sure we all understand that your outburst was just an outburst, but if you need your time to scream, there's no rush," Reme said, soft.

Kent had already worn his throat raw from screaming. He couldn't see anything outside of his cube, so he wasn't sure if there was anything else going on.

"...Why are you here?" It took him several tries to speak normally, and even then it came out as hardly more than a whisper.

He was so sure that nobody would've wanted anything to do with him anymore. Not after that.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[The worst timeline where we spare Altair is one where we mislynch, he kills one pair of lovers, and the Mafia kill the other pair of lovers, and we're down five town, and we lose. The worst timeline where we sacrifice Altair is one where we lose a power role or a pair of lovers.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[From the mafia wiki cop advice section:

Do not investigate anyone who has claimed a role that you would not get a reliable result on (e.g. Miller or a third-party role).

This made me uncertain whether a SK would get a reliable result. But namo told me a SK would not read as town]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Shit, you're right. Whoops.]]

[[Anyway, we should take out Altair because if his SK kill hits innocent we'll damn well regret it and if the Mafia decide to cull the innocents instead we'll regret it.]]
[[this is my thoughts basically. Not risking inke guessing wrong, even when very well intentioned.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...Why are you here?" It took him several tries to speak normally, and even then it came out as hardly more than a whisper.

"Because I don't believe anyone should really be alone in this. And everyone makes mistakes, so I don't see why we should vilify you for yours," Reme said. "And, who knows, perhaps I had grown to tolerate your chaotic nature before you cast it aside. An act that would warm me up to you at least."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[This please]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[The worst timeline where we spare Altair is one where we mislynch, he kills one pair of lovers, and the Mafia kill the other pair of lovers, and we're down five town, and we lose. The worst timeline where we sacrifice Altair is one where we lose a power role or a pair of lovers.

[[This please]]
[[shoot meant to quote Jackie lol]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I'll explain a little better. The Mafia want to find and eliminate the SK as fast as possible. But. If they know the identities of power roles and/or lover pairs, they can afford to take a potential kill from the SK to accelerate the tipping of the vote balance towards them, knowing they can vote out or kill the SK later at their leisure.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Man there are a whole lotta people objecting to the idea of getting rid of not one but three anti-town players. I don't care what happens to Altair, he's dying anyway.

I'm not going to hit the Lovers. I said that I'd hit a scum-read if you left Altair alone today—turns out, that I want to give Town the best chance at winning.

Leave Anti alone for now on the off-chance that he is the Cop. You keep your Cop around for an extra night if I take the bullet instead. Otherwise, you lynch me and Anti is an easy target.

Anyway, since the cards are down, I'm probably just going to spectate from here on out. Peace.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
And everyone makes mistakes, so I don't see why we should vilify you for yours

"...'Vilify', huh? Heheh--" He coughed abruptly. Ugh, this shit hurt. "Funny you should say that. If you only knew what I've done... back where I'm from..."

"Well, there would be no doubt you'd all want to be rid of me. I--" Another cough. "...Don't deserve any kindness. So spare me that crap. Please."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"You'd be surprised the kind of people I would spare kindness to," Reme chuckled. "Mob bosses, homicidal maniacs, psychopaths... but I digress."

She took another drink of her choco, smiling slightly. "I don't think we want you gone, or anyone for that matter, but I won't speak for everyone else. At the very least, I couldn't care less about your slip up if I tried. All I ask, and perhaps what the others will ask of you, is that you watch your words a bit better."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[All right, fine, you make a good point. I still think it would be worth trusting Altair but the worst case scenario does outline the risk more clearly. However I don’t believe Anti in the slightest and I don’t think anyone else should, either. Just throwing that out there.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
All I ask, and perhaps what the others will ask of you, is that you watch your words a bit better."

"...Right. I'll try." And then Kent was silent. He didn't need to, or want to, say anything else.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[All right, fine, you make a good point. I still think it would be worth trusting Altair but the worst case scenario does outline the risk more clearly. However I don’t believe Anti in the slightest and I don’t think anyone else should, either. Just throwing that out there.]]

"In that case, tomorrow I ask that we vote myself off. If they are suspect for defending me, then I should be the one to go. If... Anti survives the night." Reme said, firm. "My voice and I have already caused enough confusion, and as a few of you have already stated, our help wasn't very helpful. And I have no power to waste either. Nobody would lose any sleep with my absence, but I more than believe that Anti and their role is very much needed to solve this."

She sat up straight, exhaling deeply. "It was certainly fun while it lasted. Despite being surrounded by eccentric folks quite regularly, I'm always surprised by who I happen to meet."

"...Right. I'll try." And then Kent was silent. He didn't need to, or want to, say anything else.

Reme smiled, patting the side of the cube. "That is quite nice to hear, Kent."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"In that case, tomorrow I ask that we vote myself off. If they are suspect for defending me, then I should be the one to go. If... Anti survives the night." Reme said, firm. "My voice and I have already caused enough confusion, and as a few of you have already stated, our help wasn't very helpful. And I have no power to waste either. Nobody would lose any sleep with my absence, but I more than believe that Anti and their role is very much needed to solve this."
Wes shook his head. “Call me callous, but your insisting on sacrificing yourself only makes me think that you’re a mafia goon and are trying to spare your buddies with more powerful roles. I won’t fall for that.” He shot a glare at Bartholomew. “I’m either voting for you or Anti tomorrow.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Good town never asks to get sacrificed.]]

[[Anyway, even if we agree to spare Altair for a day, and it's true that SK!Wind doesn't have a sensible motivation for targeting lovers, we shouldn't sacrifice a possible cop. We should sacrifice someone else that looks pretty scummy, like Bart or Reme. If Bart is town doctor and heal clash is in play as I believe it is, chances are town has another doctor still alive and we actually become safer lmfao. God I hate heal clash.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Wes shook his head. “Call me callous, but your insisting on sacrificing yourself only makes me think that you’re a mafia goon and are trying to spare your buddies with more powerful roles. I won’t fall for that.” He shot a glare at Bartholomew. “I’m either voting for you or Anti tomorrow.”

Reme shook her head. "What else am I supposed to do when I've suspected of being a criminal from an unfortunate coincidence and the choices of the Voice above me? I want Anti to be cleared of suspicion for daring to even defend me, if they didn't then I would have been voted off and none of this confusion would have happened in the first place."

"Did you expect me to try and continually insist that I am not suspect and that I don't want to die? When I'm wasting people's time and efforts trying to decide to believe me or not? Is it suspect to want to live, or is it suspect to want to not inconvenience the people around me?" She placed her cup on the ground, looking at Wes, disappointed.

"I am being entirely upfront with you, as is my Voice, and yet you would consider siding with a literally killer because I felt bad for a duck that hardly defended herself and because my voice isn't a detective such as yourself? You aren't even going to humor the thought of sparing the Cop? The person that would be targeted by the Mafia if what they said was true? And if they were to lie, you could ask them tomorrow who they searched, and if they lied, then that's it, they're done."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Reme is correct about a lot there, actually. I don't agree that we should sacrifice her when we have scummier targets and a self-confessed SK to pick, but if we wanted to test Anti's alignment without risking sacrificing our cop and while still sparing Altair, we could sacrifice Reme. Technically. I don't much like it though.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[If Anti is lying then the most reasonable interpretation is that they're Mafia Rolecop. Which, fair, is a threat to town. But I'm not really seeing a scum cop make a play like this if scumteam haven't already identified and offed the town cop. Yellow, you've usually made sensible observations this game, but I'm not seeing why you'd be so certain that Anti can't be cop. I know if I were cop I'd target a soft read like Ink (who is a dab hand at faking town even as scum, let alone TP) and I know that the second I pinged antitown in a game like this where I might not survive another night, that I'd sound the klaxons at that point.]]

Top Bottom