• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Hmmm. That seems like a good cover story! What is suspicious is homestar only made his real claim after Phan's explanation post! So its as if he wasn't actually sure wether or not to try for the lie!

Homestar claimed AFTER this which is supciious as heck! They could be the serial killer!]]
[[Wanna hear something even more sus?]]

[[Phan made an explanation post?]]

[[brb wtf do half of these things dO]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[mhm. I'll wait to see what further development comes tomorrow!]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ebony woke up energized after a restful night sleep. The dark was nice! She liked the dark. But now everyone was awake, and the game had started! Maybe she'd get to fight someone today. Maybe that Lucario who had been freaking out over silly things yesterday!

Ebony bounded into the crowd, weaving around the others as they yelled various things. She wasn't interested in any of that--she wanted to find Lucario! Where was he?

No matter where she went, she couldn't find his scent.

...Oh.

The day seemed less fun now.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ I have a question:! Wiki says- Vanilla players have role names that vary by faction; a Role Cop scanning these will get "Vanilla" as the response, again anonymising the win condition. Thus, a Mafia Goon or a Serial Killer should give the same result as a Vanilla Townie (unless they have extra abilities). So do we know Homestar's town rolecop can ID a serial killer? Unless its a special RoleCop? Am I missing something? This is mostly seperate from susing, trying to undertsand things ]]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[What I'm saying is we don't know the details of any roles in this game, do we? Just what might be in play, right?]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[What I'm saying is we don't know the details of any roles in this game, do we? Just what might be in play, right?]]
[[That sounds correct. It also looks like Namo's ruleset isn't quite congruous with the wiki, possibly for the sake of an easier beginner game?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Quite possibly, roles have been altered. So whats the specifics on your role?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ I have a question:! Wiki says- Vanilla players have role names that vary by faction; a Role Cop scanning these will get "Vanilla" as the response, again anonymising the win condition. Thus, a Mafia Goon or a Serial Killer should give the same result as a Vanilla Townie (unless they have extra abilities). So do we know Homestar's town rolecop can ID a serial killer? Unless its a special RoleCop? Am I missing something? This is mostly seperate from susing, trying to undertsand things ]]]
[[I’m pretty sure SK would give an SK result, but a Goon might just read as vanilla maybe? Not sure, actually. Since a good is basically more or less vanilla mafia, right?]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Quite possibly, roles have been altered. So whats the specifics on your role?]]
[[I think I got a power boost: I can see if a player can do something special, and if so what that is. I don't get an alignment. I yolo'd on the only digimon in here and got super lucky.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[While I think I can follow your logic, Tetra, I'm not really coming to the same conclusions as you are.

Scenario A: Homestar is town rolecop
In this scenario, he has absolutely no reason to lie about what he saw because if we vote out abrapunk and they turn innocent, it would turn the town on him the next day. And the mafia wouldn't even go for him because he'd be proven a fraud and they'd be able to turn their sights to other players that are either strong or else might have a role.

Scenario B: Homestar is mafia rolecop
He'd have even less of an incentive to lie here, though imo I feel like he'd be better off not saying anything because the mafia could just silently kill of the SK overnight unless the town vote was already headed that direction. Otherwise the read is pretty much the same as A.

Scenario C: Homestar is town, but lying about his role
I could only see this if it was a ploy to try to bait the mafia into wasting a kill/their juggernaught shot on a vanillia townie but considering he called out the role that's the most dangerous to both town and Mafia, that would mess up the gambit pretty bad because being proven wrong would show the mafia he was lying if the person he claimed was SK got killed. Then it would be an uphill battle to prove his innocence.

Scenario D: Homestar is mafia, but lying about his role
Basically same as C, except now he'd almost definitely be voted out next day by the town when he got an innocent killed.

Scenario E: Homestar is the SK:
Basically the same as C and D.

If there are holes in my logic, please tell me.

Right now, I'm inclined to believe his claim, though not necessarily his innocence. With that in mind, I want to put some pressure on Abrapunk/Kent to speak up/defend themselves.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“Hey, uh, do I know any of you?” She glanced around arbitrarily, only somewhat aware of the tension in the room. “Nope, I don’t. Hi, I’m Astrid!”
A new voice caught Ebony's attention. A Ninetales! A pretty Ninetales! Of course, ice was not nearly as good as fire, but still!

"Hi!" the Houndoom called out, trotting over to her. "My name's Ebony!" Maybe they could be friends!

Maybe the Lucario could have been a friend...

[Rolecop is a power that can be on either side. Town Rolecop is a rolecop on the town side. Mafia rolecop is on the mafia side. We probably have both here. Both want the SK gone.]
[There's literally no reason for a rolecop of any alignment to lie about a SK's identity, it's uber-suicidal as scum, who cannot afford to trade an eye for an eye, and pointless as town because they're going to assume you're scum when you frame innocents. There's no good reason to do that and therefore no reason to doubt the truth of Homestar's SK ousting regardless of alignment.]

Ebony pawed at the ground, pensive. People were saying a lot of confusing things, but the weirdest part was that she sort of understood a lot of it. If felt like she'd learned a lot from reading that weird letter that the black Charizard had given them. A lot, a lot. She felt really smart!

Finally, she decided to speak up. "I think Hazel makes sense! She's been making a lot of sense! I like her!"

She paced restlessly, gathering her thoughts. "And... umm... I don't trust Mike! At all!! I think he just wants the good rolecop to be stupid and show themselves!" She barked out a small ember and bared her teeth at the human.

"But... I think Hazel is right. Lying about Kent would be really stupid, even if Mike is bad!"

Her tail whipped back and forth as she hopped from one foot to the other. "So, umm... Kent is definitely bad! Mike is probably bad! But they're different kinds of bad. That's what I think!"

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Okay, okay, finally have a moment to sit down and parse through the information. OOC because I don't have the energy to do it as Altair.

First thing's first, let's cover Mike's claim because that's the current direction the day is heading in. I have to agree with Tetra that the timing surrounding it is... off and I do find it odd that Homestar only claimed after Phan brought up the possibility of the Serial Killer becoming an honourary Vig. His reasoning for holding off on claiming because the game was thick in RP also makes me raise a brow slightly, though I do understand it and won't hold it too much against him. There is also the theory that Homestar is trying to force the Town Role-Cop to claim to give the Mafia an easy target the next night—which shouldn't be taken lightly. Role-Cop is a useful tool for Town, even if it's not as useful as a Mafia aligned one.

On the other side of the coin, Phan and Wind have brought up the point that doing this (claiming Role-Cop and then pointing fingers to a rando, claiming that they're the Serial Killer) as scum ploy is a very, very bad idea as you'd out yourself the moment your target flips—so there is some believability to this claim but I also want to mention that making dumb, newbie mistakes isn't exclusive to Town. Mafia do it too sometimes and it is entirely possible that Homestar saw an opportunity to mislynch and went for it without considering the consequences that would appear the very next day (this is a complete assumption on my part and I have 0 evidence that this is indeed the case. I'm just bringing up a possibility here).

Because of this, I think it's reasonable to be suspect of both Mike and Kent, though I'd like to hear more from Kent.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ hi, first OOC post ]]

As of right now the only one I’m sus of is Kent/Abra, only because they’ve not been contributing to town convos

[[ Really. Jesus, guess I can't just have fun roleplaying now? Listen, I'll get into the game eventually. ]]

but the play style hasn’t been very town-friendly so far so I’m not sold on that. Will be interesting to see how Abra defends themselves

[[ But if you're waiting for a roleclaim, sorry, not gonna happen. Not directly, anyways. Not trying to give too much away, you see? All I can say is this: I'm basically Vanilla without actually being so, and I am Town. ]]

With that in mind, I want to put some pressure on Abrapunk/Kent to speak up/defend themselves

[[ Which is what I'm doing right now. ]]

though I'd like to hear more from Kent.]]

[[ ^ ]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ and now for a quick rp post before I disappear for some hours (aka: sleep and school) ]]

It seemed a fight was about to be underway, but...

Kent again randomly spaced out, ended up charging headfirst into a stalagmite, and... was apparently knocked out by that. He flopped onto the ground, unconscious, as the bright light once again enveloped him, and he turned back into his usual Dracmon form.

[[ see you all later. ]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Right now, I'm inclined to believe his claim, though not necessarily his innocence. With that in mind, I want to put some pressure on Abrapunk/Kent to speak up/defend themselves.

"Mmpf?" Diyem seemed to have dozed off, opening one eye when he'd heard words of power. He glanced at Kent's unconscious form as an ominous mark appeared on his back, vaguely in the shape of a circle. From it, a weightless chain appeared, floating to an invisible wind; the links formed, one after the other, until they disappeared into the ground, where it became a little darker. This dark portion of the ground would follow Kent wherever he went, always trailing behind him.

"Anyone with a vote will earn a chain," Diyem reported. "When night falls, so too will the one with the most on their backs. Apparently, if there happens to be a tie, nobody will fall... for now. Once I get that fixed tomorrow night, that will not be the case."

[[Translation: If there is a tie on day 1, nobody will be lynched. On all future days, it will be a cointoss who goes if there is a tie. This is apparently the most popular tiebreaker practice in mafia games, so I'm following that suggestion.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
The yellow Nintendo suddenly jolted--crackling like it had been struck by a bolt of lightning--and careened across the cave. It charged full-tilt into the stalagmite Kent had knocked himself out against. With a sharp clud it hit and clattered next to the stone next to the Digimon, but its screen still worked just fine. L-O-L-O-L-O-L the keyboard keys alternated rapidly. When the Pictochat message character limit was hit, it sent promptly. Also, the stylus still weaved drunkenly through the air, searching for a challenger.

BARTHOLOMEW
--lolol if the tubby human is lying about the Gremlin Lad we'll know that immediately if we kill the gremlin!!!

BARTHOLOMEW
--bc Gremlin Lad will either be sk or not!!!!

BARTHOLOMEW
--if Gremlin Lad is innocent, then we have a liar!!! tubby boy is dirty dirty liar LETS GET HIM NEXT lolololololol

BARTHOLOMEW
--BUT FIRST

The stylus pivoted and shot forward. The Nintendo wobbled erratically up from the ground, a lopsided smiley face being drawn onto its screen, as the stylus hovered over Kent.

BARTHOLOMEW
--my role is BORING does anyone want to SWAP

BARTHOLOMEW
--i hate cops eww (they're no funnnnnn) but ill take something else!!

BARTHOLOMEW
--i'll take Serial Killer bc that sounds METAL as BRUHHHH and also i have a plan

BARTHOLOMEW
--i won't be killed!!!

BARTHOLOMEW
--you won't kill me even if I'm the serial killer because ill be way too NICE and AMAZING ignore the murder ill still be a great FRIEND

BARTHOLOMEW
--lololololololololololololololololololloloolloololololololollol

The lol-ing paused only when the stylus approached and pressed its tip against the screen. It drew a shaky picture of Kent/AbraPunk over the hahas. Then a winky face.

BARTHOLOMEW
--(but if you swap thatll make bartholomew happy and i dont wanna lynch happy-making people so nudge-nudge wink-wink swappy-swap)

BARTHOLOMEW
--lololololololololololololololololololloloolloololololololollol

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
by the way, since it could technically be a thing I suppose, Bartholomew doesn't have some kind of role-trading power. Or at least isn't claiming one right now. The above post and this post could be some kind of galaxy-brain play I suppose

All ne is concretely implying right now is that ne thinks nir role isn't very exciting.
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
BARTHOLOMEW
--but no if its possible ill take Serial Killer plz

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana frowned. "Look, maybe I knew something maybe I didn't. But that Houndoom is right. And one way or another you will find out. Home star can't be trusted. For all you know I *know* he's lying. The I think we'll all know he's suspicious though. And you should do if you're smart," Hana said.

She glanced around. "But if everyone else is convinced... Maybe lessons are learned the hard way. I vote Mike ."

[[Yeah one way or another we can't trust Mike, and by tangent I think y'all should worry about whoever defends him. If he's scum of *course* they'll logic him out of why he's Def not scum. But come morning I guess you'll see, won't you?]]

Top Bottom