• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tree of Life ~ Exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut managed to stop himself from facepalming. "The difference is you still have a team to go back to at the end of the day. I did not." He rolled onto his back and looked skyward. "Loneliness warps the mind. Imagine spending millennia by yourself. No friends. No family. Just the memories of people calling for your death or capture playing on loop in your head."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh..." Potluck prodded at the ground again, then nodded. "...I hope you can find something anyway. Even a little. you're still alive, after all..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Where would I take them?" Bahamut's head turned toward Raven. "People can't breath in space." He looked back up. "Aesir is the realm of spirits. Where they may mingle together in harmony. But Eternatus keeps the spirits of every living thing it kills. They become trapped in a realm where the laws of nature do not apply. Time does not flow correctly. Gravity changes on a whim. Space shifts at random. And so on and so forth.

"Like I said, I tried to convince myself I was doing them all favor. Giving them new, peaceful lives in Aesir. I was probably lying to myself."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"...If you didn't, they would have died anyways. By this...Eternatus? ...Maybe you were doing them a favor. I know people can't breathe in space... And they would have been killed in a way worse than what you did... ...They're at peace, now. Instead of being eaten. ...At least, that's what I think you meant to do. You had to make a lot of hard choices."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Overseers?" Bahamut crossed his legs. "Can't say I'm familiar. But the universe I'm from doesn't have gods, either. No Dialga. No Palkia. No Giratina. No Arceus. And that's just to name a few."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“A massive explosion from a small point full of matter and energy,” Bahamut responded. “Pokémon attacks and abilities can only manipulate things on a small scale. No one controls time or the weather. I thought it strange about Cibus.”

He shrugged. “I mean, all these gods and this world has been forced to turn to humans to save it. Or aliens like us. Seems like a flawed system to me. Arceus is stuck in a fence, for pity’s sake.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
The Familiar thought the opposite was strange... but she knew that the world Mellow was from had never needed rescuing. Bahamut had a point. Not a single Human had ever been on Pokét. At his last comment though, Raven couldn't help the giggle that came out. It was probably blasphemous but...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Overseers are kind of, like, multi-universal superheroes! In a way. But organized. Loosely. And stuff. I think they're neat! Even if we don't really need them except for finding out if any worlds are in trouble or something... We sent word to them about here through Bean, but it usually takes them a while to get back because they're gathering information."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Superheroes?” Bahamut rubbed his temples. “Can’t you breathe fire, ice, and lightning? And change types at will? Seems more like you’re the super one.”

He chuckled. “Perhaps I should be asking for an autograph.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven smiled, but then looked back down at the stone she held. "...I'll be right back.", she assured, and got up to sit just out of sight of Bahamut and Potluck. The Charmeleon didn't speak again until she sat down, somewhere nice and open, to give the other Familiar room to manifest. "...Are you sure you don't want to come out?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The stone did not respond. It wasn't even clear whether it heard anything.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven sighed and said nothing for a while, only patted the rock very gently. "It's ok. But whatever Bahamut did, I'm sure he didn't mean it..." She continued to hold it carefully, but gradually made her way back to where Bahamut and Potluck were. She didn't want to be far from the others for too long.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Told you." Bahamut scooped the stone and put it back in his bag. "So, anyone want to play a game? I have balls and cards and..." His voice trailed off as he emptied the items from his bag. Potluck might've recognized them. "Apparently these things are slinkys? I don't really know what they do besides undulate." He bobbed a slinky around with his right upper wing.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Again, Bahamut resisted the urge to facepalm. "Potluck, sweetie, 52 Card Pickup isn't a game. Someone throws the whole deck of cards onto the ground and makes another pour soul pick all of them up." He grabbed one of the balls with his wing. "But I can make the other idea work."

He faced away from the Tree and toward the forest... then hurled the ball as hard and fast as he could. "Go fetch!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom