• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tree of Life ~ Exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"We come from very different places, then," Bahamut said. "I spent millennia wandering the universe, looking for a home. I thought helping the denizens would endear me to them." He looked toward the tree. "Never happened. Either I was called a monster and chased off by a mob... or they would try to take my power for themselves. Bonus points if they tried to lull me into a sense of security before doing the latter."

His eyes darkened. "Eventually I would come to realize not long after I fled a planet... Eternatus would show up and destroy it."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven looked thoughtful. There wasn't a lot that she could add, but she could relate, one step removed. When she finally spoke up, it was in a quiet but steady tone. "The one that I based myself on- Raven, Mellow's sister- she comes from a world that depends on everyone being in a set role. They're never allowed to change or deviate from the way things are... But she did. As soon as she started showing signs of that, she hid herself away. ...Mellow's determined to prove that people can be different and still be accepted, partly for her sake. She's just not sure how."

The Familiar paused. "...It's not their fault at all. They just are who they are and the circumstances aren't in their control..." She looked up at Potluck, but glanced at Bahamut too. "You're better now. You should be proud of that!", Raven continued with a smile.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Well, that’s easy to say when you’re going to remember what happens here.” Bahamut sighed. “I will not. When all is said and done I go back to being a killer who believes his actions are for the greater good.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
  8. meganium
"O-oh..." Potluck looked down. "Was it... following you, or something? Or maybe it was staying away because you were there, but then..."

But Raven lifted his spirits a little more and Potluck nodded. "Yeah... yeah! And, you know, Bahamut, maybe one day we can be immortal together and stuff. Like Maple, and Joule! And, um... maybe... maybe they can find a way to help you? Or keep you from... I dunno..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It’s a nice thought, but in a matter of months Etherium will be no more and Eternatus will again be free to destroy whatever planets it feels like.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
  8. meganium
"Months..." Potluck frowned. "I don't think we can get back there in time for something like that... Hnnn but maybe if we really booked it, we could try to stop the next one, or at least try to find you, or... something." He had no idea how distant Bahamut's world was, or if it was even on the same plane to be able to traverse at all without passing through the Overworld. They couldn't really do that easily...

"There's always hope," Potluck finally said, and despite it being a default, he did still seem sure of it.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“... I wish I could believe that. But that’s a very tall order.” Bahamut projected purple light over Potluck’s head. “The Voidlands that half our team was trapped in? That’s practically home.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's eyes were no longer rollable in his current form. Such platitudes were empty for him. "A nice thought, but there will be no happy ending for yours truly, no matter what happens. My wife and son will still be dead. My body will still be broken and cursed with immortality it should never have had. Hope abandoned me a good four or five centuries ago."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven gently placed a hand on Bahamut. There wasn't really a way to reply to that. Not without pressing him about it, which he likely wouldn't appreciate. So she just very gently stroked his head instead. ...She wasn't sure if that would help, but maybe it did.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's nearest head tendril frazzled. "Err, please be careful over there. I'm not what you'd call good for petting."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut laughed. He reached into his back and tossed what appeared to be a few gummis to Potluck. "Bless your heart, puppy, but that's a losing battle. Whatever you do will just be undone. Believe me. No matter what I've tried, my body has stitched itself back together."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut smirked. "I'd put money on the one corrupted by Eternatus." He pointed to his head. "Of course, I don't have any money. But the point stands."

He coughed into his wing. "By the way, your cheerful demeanor might help break the news to Maple of how high her tab has gotten in Destiny Village. I'm no mathematician, but it's big enough to make a wailord jealous."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"So this world has a barter system? Fascinating." Bahamut tapped his chin. "I wonder if people would offer goods and services in exchange for phototherapy?"

It wasn't entirely clear if Bahamut was serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom