• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tree of Life ~ Exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven wondered about that, but said nothing. Maybe it was true. She wasn't going to ask questions, with how different everyone's worlds were. "It's a miracle that life even formed, then, isn't it? It must make everyone there even more grateful to be alive,"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"What do you mean? Give a desolate planet fresh water and minerals and life will form." Bahamut lifted his tail. "It'll start as single cells, but gradually evolve into things that are more complex. You might just have to wait a few millennia. I find the idea of some singular creature suddenly giving rise to life with some sort of magic." His expression darkened. "Because something that can give rise to life so easily can also eliminate it all just as easily."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"But who's to say a planet will ever get what it needs?", Raven replied, tilting her head. "Without any guidance, it might never. ...Hm..." She was quiet as she considered his last comment. "...That's true. There might never be life in the first place, but once it's there, it won't end because someone decided it should..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"There are innumerable planets bearing life in my universe," Bahamut said. "At least Eternatus can only destroy planets one at a time. If there was a creature like Arceus there, he could simply wipe out all life across the countless galaxies." He frowned. "That is truly a frightening thought. But it seems the lot of you are from universes that have that exact principle. It might not matter to any of you because your lifespans are rather short, but for beings like me it would create a constant sense of dread."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
The Familiar was quiet again. "...Well-", she began, then hesitated, before continuing. "I'm not really a Charmeleon. I just look like one." Raven glanced down at herself and hummed. "Maybe I don't have a short life. Anyways... even if Arceus or an Eternatus, or something, threatened to kill everyone, everyone would fight back. They might be more powerful? So they could...."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Ah, yes. ‘Attack and dethrone god.’” Bahamut chuckled to himself. “I believe that’s a theme of the comics Owen fanboys about.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Dark Matter just surrendered,” Bahamut said. “Zekrom told me as much.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Probably." Bahamut shrugged. "I'm sure Cibus will turn out fine. The only ones who can't get a happy ending in this scenario are our teammates. We will all be forced back to our respective worlds, many of us forgetting that these events ever happened. Some folks are certainly making the most of their time here, but I imagine that will make parting ways all the more painful for them." He slide his upper wings under his head. "I have no friends on the team, so going home just means back to miserable business."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"... Potluck said him and his team could find you. If they plan too, I'll go with them. I'd like to think we're friends... We'd still be friends to me even after you go back to your own universe and you've forgotten what happened."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut hummed. "It's a nice thought, but I wouldn't attempt it if I were you. This world is your home, in my opinion. It's nice. The people can be kind to you. And the other shades can provide you a sense of family." He shook his head. "It's not worth throwing that out to try and find my universe."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut tutted. "This is assuming you could even survive jumping between dimensions. It's entirely possible those mushy bodies of yours are not strong enough to travel between worlds, in which case the choice will be made for you."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
The image of somehow shriveling into the rock at her core and being unable to escape it made her wince, and she sighed. "It would be.", she relented, but then smiled. "But hopefully it isn't. We'll just have to see."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, do you really think you'd be able to go to your partner's world?" Bahamut tapped his bottom chest spike with a lower wing. "Do you think they'll be as accepting of you as this planet is?" He paused. "I'm sure you'll say it's possible, but now consider it for every one of the shades. The odds are high that it can't be true for all of them. Better you lot stick together than try and return home with your partners and run into unforeseen issues."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"It's just hard to know for sure if I do belong. At least right now. I haven't really interacted with the other Familiars. The Raven that Mellow knows is a shut in. I'm trying not to be like that, and that includes staying here when I know that there's so much more out there. What the other Familiars do is up to them, too. We might be the same in spirit, but they probably all want such different things.", she explained, then as an afterthought, added, "I wouldn't go to Mellow's world though. It would make things weird."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Well you can’t just sit here the whole time.” Bahamut switched the position of his legs. “If you want to find something that interests you, you have to go out and explore.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Exactly.", she responded with a bit of a giggle, but continued quickly. "I know what you're trying to say. I shouldn't worry about what happens to you, and I should live happily with what I've got here. But you're the first person outside of Mellow that I've really gotten to know. You say you have no one, in your own universe. Well... I want to change that. If I can't, then I can't, and it'd be as simple as that. But to not even try and spend the rest of my existence wondering if I could have... That would be even worse."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Don't do it." Bahamut picked his head up to look down at the tiny girl Owen. "The universe I'm from is one I'd only send my worst enemies to. Like Giovanni. I'm sure the team would pay big bucks to watch his reaction to seeing Etherium's Eternatus in all of its titanic glory.

"Besides... I don't want anyone opening any interdimensional portals to my universe. That just raises the risk of Eternatus somehow punching through to other universes and continuing its planet-busting ways."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom